• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

alwaysthereinspirit
27 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Can't see for the pants

Weird. I didn't even notice her until you mentioned pants.

Her at a press conference I'd watch.

4 hours ago, bobsharp said:

Watched a panel discussion on the Acosta decision, one participant commented on how critical Fox News was on Obama, yet there was never any of the complete rudeness, or behaviour displayed as happenong now, I honestly do not remember those days and cannot remember watching  Fox, so I have no direct opinion, but it does seem a reasonable comment.

Obama is unfailingly polite to his harshest critics -- it's both a strength and a weakness for him. Fox personalities were polite to his face while still calling him a traitor and questioning whether his birth certificate was real on air.

Given that Trump has referred to ordinary newspaper reporters as the "enemy of the people" and encouraged harassment of them at his rallies, I suppose I'm not terribly surprised that reporters aren't always polite to him.

3 hours ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

Even more so when you consider that CNN provided him with massive amounts of coverage in the Republican primaries and then in the election too. CNN are reaping quite a bit of what they sowed.  If they (and other networks) had treated him like they would treat most other nonsensical candidates he wouldn't have even made it past the primaries. Instead, they sensationalized all the mad utterings and gave him a wider platform. 

Indeed.

Acostas White House pass returned to him.

Lock her up, lock her up,  no not Hillary, Ivanka Trump who has been using a personal e mail service to discuss government business, but poor wee soul she didn't know the rules, so its all o.k.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
6 hours ago, bobsharp said:

Lock her up, lock her up,  no not Hillary, Ivanka Trump who has been using a personal e mail service to discuss government business, but poor wee soul she didn't know the rules, so its all o.k.

She's an enemy of the state, now. Lock her up and throw away the key. 

Out of interest does trump still want to have intercourse her? 

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

6 hours ago, bobsharp said:

I look forward to Trump's twitter meltdown condemning her, revoking her security clearance and of course demanding that she's locked up.

And of course Fox News, Hannity & Carlson will be all over this, being the balanced journalists that they are.

The pure fact is Trump as with Putin is so embroiled with the Royal family in Saudi that he cannot take any action. To do so would jeopardise the relationship he has with them, particularly financially and if they were ever to open up about the arrangements he would go straight to jail and not pass go. His personal life, business life, and financial life is so screwed up the Titanic has more hope of resurfacing. His erstwhile friends are turning on him, his opportunist wife will also as soon as she can, and the Republican party will realise that they are going down with him, and cease supporting him.

The cry of "everyman for himself" will soon be ringing out in Washington D.C.

J.T.F.Robertson

It looked like Melania was modelling Jacob's coat of many colours at the official turkey pardoning ceremony, today. :uhoh2:

Was happy for Peas the turkey, 'tho. :silly:

I like how Donnie Liar just gave away any moral authority the U.S had left and aligned himself with a murderous dictator because they buy his real estate and loan him money. Drain the swamp. 

10 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I like how Donnie Liar just gave away any moral authority the U.S had left and aligned himself with a murderous dictator because they buy his real estate and loan him money. Drain the swamp. 

As much as I detest Trump, he is just the latest in a long line of US Presidents who have turned a blind eye to that desert rat's nest called Saudi Arabia, because the rat's nest is sitting on top of an ocean of oil.  Both Bushes were every bit as bad.

New reports out that Trump asked Justice Department to indict both Comey and Clinton, he was warned that it could be seen as breach of presidential power by taking action against political opponents, and possibly lead to Impeachment. It is also suggested that the idea is not totally out of his mind, and his new AG, has been quoted as saying in the past that Hillary Clinton should have been indicted.

Lots of negative comments about his reaction to Saudi situation, soon be time for Carlson here on Fox so I am sure I will get the opposing view from a reasonable well read commentator, did I just say that must be time for the pills again.

Craig Gordons Gloves
2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

The UK and EU will react pretty much the same I bet. 

Sadly I think you’re right. Although I doubt any of them will be as blatant as saying it’s all about the cash or match his tweet this morning thanking Saudi Arabia for cheap oil prices. 

It could be starting, Graham, Paul, Corker all extremely  critical of the president and his comments on Saudi.

Gowdy has sent a letter to the White House requesting full information on the E mails sent by Ivanka.

Not a full crisis but even a fatal disease starts with a small small spot on an organ. Donald keep your change of address cards ready to give to the post office.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

Sadly I think you’re right. Although I doubt any of them will be as blatant as saying it’s all about the cash or match his tweet this morning thanking Saudi Arabia for cheap oil prices. 

Well at least Trump is being open about his motives. The rest will condemn without actually doing anything that might damage their trade or economies.

Francis Albert
25 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

It could be starting, Graham, Paul, Corker all extremely  critical of the president and his comments on Saudi.

Gowdy has sent a letter to the White House requesting full information on the E mails sent by Ivanka.

Not a full crisis but even a fatal disease starts with a small small spot on an organ. Donald keep your change of address cards ready to give to the post office.

The organ has had huge spots and boils and scars all over it for two years.

18 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The organ has had huge spots and boils and scars all over it for two years.

Rand Paul particularly was one of the antidotes trying to fight the disease, and in doing so supported Trump very strongly, Lindsey Graham was an occasional dose of medicine, but even that small dose is at least for now withdrawn. The writing is on the wall, yesterday when speaking to reporters Trump mentioned in answer to a question that his full support of Saudi was strictly for America, and clearly stated he had no business with Saudi, none.

Again those campaign videos are showing him up as a compulsive almost to a mental condition liar, in his campaigns he said how he loves the Saudis, how they have bought fifty million dollar apartments from him, how he has made hundreds of millions from them, he did not mention that his hotels and companies are still making high money from rental of full floors of prestigious hotels and resorts all bearing the Trump name.

I am a low level management old man, I am not an elected politician such as the men I mentioned earlier in the post, but I can see that Trump, his rhetoric, his lies, his abuses, his veiled rac ist actions particularely to women of color and females generally could well impact seriously those politicians dreams of an extended career, nothing can kill a leader faster than when his supporters start to consider their own future more imprtant than his .

18 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

As much as I detest Trump, he is just the latest in a long line of US Presidents who have turned a blind eye to that desert rat's nest called Saudi Arabia, because the rat's nest is sitting on top of an ocean of oil.  Both Bushes were every bit as bad.

Wash my mouth out with soap because I'm about to give GWB some credit, but his administration realized at some level how bad the Saudis were, and at some level justified the Iraq debacle as an attempt to create a new Arab ally from whole cloth.

It was a completely deranged and destructive idea, and, "hey maybe let's not keep so many troops stationed in the Arab world" never occurred to them as an option, but if you look at the Project for the New American Century documents about what Cheney, Wolfowitz, and Rumsfeld were dreaming up before 2000, it's pretty clear that they wanted to get some distance from the Saudis.

Obama's strategy for getting away from them was far more sane -- stop antagonizing Iran and actually work with them a little -- but Trump has gone full 180 on that. Trump has also taken the Saudi relationship to a whole new level, though, in part because he's far more willing to stoop to pay-for-play given his personal finances.

And if we needed a reminder, the journalist (cannot spell his name for the life of me) is only a small part of it. This should be the bigger story, frankly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2018/11/21/children-have-starved-death-during-saudi-led-intervention-yemen-says-new-report/?utm_term=.ec4b98e965b4

Francis Albert

I see we are condemning the imprisonment of the alleged spy.

In practical terms how different will that make things compared to Trump's failure to condemn the killing of the journalist? Apart from making Jeremy Hunt feel virtuous?

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I see we are condemning the imprisonment of the alleged spy.

In practical terms how different will that make things compared to Trump's failure to condemn the killing of the journalist? Apart from making Jeremy Hunt feel virtuous?

I don't see the connection. 

Used the traditional Thanksgiving Day phone calls to service personnel to spraff a load of absolute shite about the Democrats and to big himself up as The Best President Ever In the Entire History Of the USA And Any Other Nation In The World Ever.

He's lost any tenuous grip he had on reality (which was never that much anyways)

13 hours ago, Cade said:

Used the traditional Thanksgiving Day phone calls to service personnel to spraff a load of absolute shite about the Democrats and to big himself up as The Best President Ever In the Entire History Of the USA And Any Other Nation In The World Ever.

He's lost any tenuous grip he had on reality (which was never that much anyways)

Asked a Coast Guard Officer about trade and how it was affecting them

.Spoke to a female army officer in charge of a large command in Afghanistan, he made some comments obviously didn't know what to say then says, but you are enjoying it right. This led to an extended silence then the officr made some mumbled response.

He doesn't seem to reaslise these people in Afghanistan are a long way from home, in a place they are not wanted and are under threat constantly. Just like this officer in charge of literally thousands of personnel she is doing her best, and probably very well, she will be satisfied she is accompishing her mission and meeting her responsibilities, but the word enjoyment is not one that is related to your feelings in active duty situations.

I do now understand why Trump could not serve his country because of bone spurs, I believe they affect the heel, in his case heel describes his full entity he in fact done the miltary a favor by avoiding service.

Francis Albert
18 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I don't see the connection. 

I thought my point was clear but to spell it out - condemning Saudi Arabia (or China or anywhere else) without any action are just words with no or possibly even negative impact on the victims. Just words for largely domestic consumption.

We condemn ... but please buy some more weapons from us and keep producing and selling us oil and trading and investing. Hey you've not quite bought all the property in central London yet or all of UK businesses. We are sending a trade delegation next month to encourage you to keep going.

Edited by Francis Albert

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I thought my point was clear but to spell it out - condemning Saudi Arabia (or China or anywhere else) without any action are just words with no or possibly even negative impact on the victims. Just words for largely domestic consumption.

We condemn ... but please buy some more weapons from us and keep producing and selling us oil and trading and investing. Hey you've not quite bought all the property in central London yet or all of UK businesses. We are sending a trade delegation next month to encourage you to keep going.

:words:

Sounds like Corsi is going to flip.

Roger Stone has to be the next up. And there's pretty much only one place to go from there.

On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 17:06, Ugly American said:

Sounds like Corsi is going to flip.

Roger Stone has to be the next up. And there's pretty much only one place to go from there.

The fix is in for the partisan witch hunt. 27M, 2 years and still the uranium bag man has no evidence for Russian collusion. In a free democratic election your candidate lost. Get over it.

The real story will out.

The canard continues.

15 hours ago, alfajambo said:

The fix is in for the partisan witch hunt. 27M, 2 years and still the uranium bag man has no evidence for Russian collusion. In a free democratic election your candidate lost. Get over it.

The real story will out.

The canard continues.

$27 million sounds like a deal, especially when compared to the $81 million that the US taxpayers have paid for Trump to go golfing.

https://trumpgolfcount.com/#page-top

Francis Albert
18 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Why can't so-called "christians" behave more like, well, "christians"?

:rofl:

I think they are behaving in the Chistian tradition 

The crusades. The spanish inquisition. The Vatican and the fascists. The priesthood in Ireland  Boston and elsewhere.

19 hours ago, alfajambo said:

The real story will out.

The canard continues.

Not quite accurate.

In a truly democratic election, when it's a one v one race, the candidate with the most votes wins.  That's how races for Governor, Senator, and Congress are decided.  That did not happen in Trump's case.  The US Presidential elections are different as the Electoral College has the final say.  

Trump's victory was legitimate.  But it was not a victory for democracy.  

And now we're tear gassing children in diapers at the border.

And already the "crisis actor" BS is starting to circulate amongst the see-no-evil crowd.

Sunday night, experts spouting on all channels. Democrats applying for subpoenas, Republicans having closed door hearings on Comey. Democrats going after Ivanka for E mails. Trump spouting rubbish as usual, two Trump supporters written a book alleging there are people in the White House working against the President, Russia blocking Ukraine ports over some squabble,,tear gas at the Border, the police shoot the wrong guy in the Alabama shooting incident. Some scientists forecasting a total collapse of the American economy by the end of the century as a result of global warming, eastern States work areas closed because of extremely high temperatures, and what is even worse a real crisis my wifes Sunday night series has not returned and she is really annoyed, and yet Trump thinks he has troubles, he doesn't know what trouble is.

Jerome Corsi refuses plea deal:

“They can put me in prison the rest of my life. I am not going to sign a lie”

Asked what happens now that he is refusing, Corsi responded: “I don’t know.”

A spokesman for the special counsel’s office had no comment.

Last week, Corsi acknowledged he was in plea negotiations with Mueller’s office, and earlier this month, he said he expected to be indicted for “giving false information to the special counsel or to one of the other grand jury.”

Corsi said Monday that he believed he would by lying by signing the plea agreement because he says he did not wilfully mislead anyone.

Describing his experience with Mueller’s team as “like being interrogated as a POW in the Korean War,” Corsi said after two months of questioning, prosecutors believed they caught him in various lies and did not appear to believe him when he said he could not recall certain events.

Corsi insisted he had no contact with WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange and that “investigators were so mad because I didn’t give them what they wanted.” CNN

27 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:
Image may contain: one or more people, meme, crowd, text and outdoor

Kiddy-on christians.  Jesus Christ would kick seven shades of shite out of them.  If he had superpowers, of course.

2 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Kiddy-on christians.  Jesus Christ would kick seven shades of shite out of them.  If he had superpowers, of course.

Like I said.  Kiddy-on christians.

Manafort's plea deal gone for a walk, faces long sentences and is still telling lies. He has obviously to me made a deal with Trump that would get him a pardon,  Some stone walling going on I think with all the co conspirators  anticipating Whittaker closing the Mueller case. The web just gets more and more entangled, and at some point just for survival some of them are going to break, Trump is o.k. just now and can pull strings, but in a few weeks there will be a new keeper in the cage, and the animals will be forced to fight for themselves, and the great protector will have on his bone spur pads and be running as fast as he can.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)