U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Maybe I am missing something but why can't they claim asylum in Mexico?

They are, America stole the part of Mexico they want to claim asylum in. 

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Maybe I am missing something but why can't they claim asylum in Mexico?

What you're possibly missing is that Trump claimed that they are a horde of terrorists and criminals intent on invading the USA, whereas they are merely desperate people, many of whom are women and children, trying to claim refugee status.  As the Statue of Liberty declares:

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to be free".

And people still makes excuses for that disgusting con man.

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

What you're possibly missing is that Trump claimed that they are a horde of terrorists and criminals intent on invading the USA, whereas they are merely desperate people, many of whom are women and children, trying to claim refugee status.  As the Statue of Liberty declares:

Your last sentence sums up this excuse for a Human Being.

Full of pish and wind.

Trump twitter latest.

"There is no reason for these massive, deadly and costly forest fires in California except that forest management is so poor. Billions of dollars are given each year, with so many lives lost, all because of gross mismanagement of the forests. Remedy now, or no more Fed payments!"

Are these fires being caused by forest mis-management or is Trump talking pish again?

2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Trump twitter latest.

"There is no reason for these massive, deadly and costly forest fires in California except that forest management is so poor. Billions of dollars are given each year, with so many lives lost, all because of gross mismanagement of the forests. Remedy now, or no more Fed payments!"

Are these fires being caused by forest mis-management or is Trump talking pish again?

So if you don't manage the fires better we'll cut all firest fire management funding and to hell with the real consequences.

Smart move Don lad.

Edited by DETTY29

37 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

So if you don't manage the fires better we'll cut all firest fire management funding and to hell with the real consequences.

Smart move Don lad.

His (lack of) climate change policies also likely to have an impact:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0048969718333187?via%3Dihub

The area burned annually by wildland fire in Hawaii has increased fourfold in recent decades. The archipelago's novel fuel types and climatic heterogeneity pose significant challenges for fire risk assessment and fire management. Probability-based fire occurrence models using historical wildfire records provide a means to assess and attribute fire risk in regions of the world like Hawaii where investment in fire science is limited. This research used generalized additive models to 1) assess the relative contribution of vegetation, climate, and human-caused ignitions to the probability of fire in the northwest quadrant of Hawaii Island and 2) compare how landscape flammability varies due to interannual rainfall variability versus projected changes in mean annual rainfall (MAR) and temperature. Annual fire probability was highest for grasslands and peaked at drier conditions (0.04 at 450 mm MAR) when compared with shrublands (0.03 at 650 mm MAR) and forest (0.015 at 600 mm MAR). Excess rainfall the year prior to fire occurrence increased fire risk across grasslands, and thus overall fire probability, more so than drought the year that fire occurred. Drying and warming trends for the region under projected climate change increased maximum values of fire probability by as much as 375% and shifted areas of peak landscape flammability to higher elevation. Model predictions under future climate also indicate the largest changes in landscape flammability will happen by mid-Century. The influence of antecedent wet years on fire risk can improve near-term predictions of fire risk in Hawaii while climate projections indicate that fire management will need to be prioritized at upper elevations where high value natural resources are concentrated.

9 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Dont think you'll find many people there that wish it was still part of mexico .

1 hour ago, Stokesy said:

His (lack of) climate change policies also likely to have an impact:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0048969718333187?via%3Dihub

I also wonder how much of that tweet is the Donald playing politics, seeing as California is hugely Democrat and both Pelosi & Feinstein are from there.

Who knows what goes through Trump's mind, hell he doesn't know either, so what chance do the rest of us have.

Francis Albert
10 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Not excusing Trump but the open  border policy reflected in the Statue of Liberty declaration ended about 100 years before Trump became President. And it wasn't opened under FDR or Kennedy etc

Francis Albert
11 hours ago, ri Alban said:

And the Spanish stole Mexico and most of central america  and wiped out the native population. And so we can go on and on. I thought a principle of asylum was that you  appiled  in the first safe place you arrived in. 

11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

And the Spanish stole Mexico and most of central america  and wiped out the native population. And so we can go on and on. I thought a principle of asylum was that you  appiled  in the first safe place you arrived in. 

That's how the EU operates the Common European Asylum System but it's not a common principle as far as I know.

Anyway, Mexico, safe?

https://www.atlasandboots.com/most-dangerous-countries-in-the-world-ranked/

Trump appoints a man as the Acting Attorney General who was part of a company and represented them on TV commercials, selling a product that has been proved a scam, and is pesently under investigation by the F.B.I

Trump stands on TV yesterday prior to leaving for Europe and tells reporters not once but more than, that he does not know the appointee Whittaker, a Fox news interview a short time ago shows him telling the Fox reporter he knows Whittaker well, and he is an excellent man. In addition he met with Sessions and Whittaker on many occasions in the Oval Office where Whittaker apparently done the talking because Trump had so little use for Sessions.

Florida and other elec tions, even Republicans including some GOP strategists are asking why so many results were so close in traditionally Republican areas. e.g Ted Cruz having a fairly narrow win.

Reports Trump arrives in Europe and almost immediately Tweets c riticism of his close friend Macron, who is advocating a European army to protect against Russia and surprisingly United States.

Figures were published a few days ago showing the caravan is dropping in numbers, and these numbers include large numbers of women and children contrary to the presidents assertion that there are thousands of criminals and gang members amongst them.

The Stormy Daniels and the Playmate situation rears its ugly mushroom shaped head again, seems Trump according to his "I would take a bullet for him loyal lawyer" was directly involved and had a controlling influence on the payments to the ladies which it seems may be a crime against the Campaign donations legislation.

Trump has until January when the new house takes office, the appointment of Whittaker would make it seem like there could be moves made against Mueller, if there are and they fail this I believe could open the door for Impeachment on the grounds of obstruction, similar to the situation that saw Nixon's lawyer jailed and Nixon telling his adoring public "I am not a crook", fast forward to Trump who could make a similar sincere statement " I am not a liar".

47 minutes ago, Cade said:

Cancels a visit to a US army cemetery to lay a wreathe due to bad weather.

Rain making his bone spurs ache?

He probaly saw the words military service on the program and decided I don't do that so I am not going.

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Mexico isn't safe 

47 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

He probaly saw the words military service on the program and decided I don't do that so I am not going.

Brilliant! ?

Edited by ri Alban

He refused to release his tax returns because........"They're being audited and they're so complex that nobody could understand them even if I did release them"

:cornette:

Donny's also raging because the probable recounts in several different elections that took place this week might actually mean he loses a Senator and another Governor too.

2 minutes ago, Cade said:

He refused to release his tax returns because........"They're being audited and they're so complex that nobody could understand them even if I did release them"

Yup there are only two accountants in the world his own and the other who is busy and doesnt have time to look at them.

What he means is his tax returns are being fudged right now and they arent finished.

This has been the longest audit since my last work one.

Edited by Jamboelite

Trump has completely disrespected all of those American soldiers who didn't get a choice not to 'go over the top' due to a bit of rain.

Thousands of them died in the rain, sleet & snow, but President Coward didn't want to get wet.

And before anybody jumps to his defence, he's the Commander-in-Chief, the head honcho, if Trump said we're going no matter what the weather is, then the whole entourage goes, no if's but's or maybe's, they go.

5 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Trump has completely disrespected all of those American soldiers who didn't get a choice not to 'go over the top' due to a bit of rain.

Thousands of them died in the rain, sleet & snow, but President Coward didn't want to get wet.

And before anybody jumps to his defence, he's the Commander-in-Chief, the head honcho, if Trump said we're going no matter what the weather is, then the whole entourage goes, no if's but's or maybe's, they go.

Have to leap to his defence, I am sure you must have seen the video where he couldn't get his umbrella into Air Force1, he is very concious about the economy and would not have allowed money to be spent on a new umbrella, not having one can you imagine if he went out in the rain the extreme cost if his hair got wet and they had to use copious quantities of hair spray and adhesives  expensively to reset it. In com;lete fairness by being a draft dodger his absence did not disrespect the memory of those who did their duty, he should stay away from everything involving all the dead of all countries.

J.T.F.Robertson
11 minutes ago, Cade said:

Well, everything else he's involved in is bigger or better, plus, along with his extraordinarily high IQ, it's logical to assume his taxes will be way too complex for your average human tax accountant. To add to that, he's much too modest to allow the world to see what a fantastically successful businessman he's been.

He's the mirror image of his tax returns, unfathomably "complex".

26 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Have to leap to his defence, I am sure you must have seen the video where he couldn't get his umbrella into Air Force1, he is very concious about the economy and would not have allowed money to be spent on a new umbrella, not having one can you imagine if he went out in the rain the extreme cost if his hair got wet and they had to use copious quantities of hair spray and adhesives  expensively to reset it. In com;lete fairness by being a draft dodger his absence did not disrespect the memory of those who did their duty, he should stay away from everything involving all the dead of all countries.

?  You do have a point about the hair.

Did you see him meeting Macron?  His face was like thunder, worse than usual tbh.

He obviously hadn't realised that something had been lost in translation when Macron said about an European Army and protecting against Russia, China & the US.

What Macron meant but got lost in translation was that Europe can't rely on the USA all the time and if there were a European Army it would lift some of the burdon away from the USA protecting Europe against threats from Russia & China.

I like the wee leak from France that says that the last time Trump visited France he was banging on about how the Baltic states were the cause of the Yugoslav civil war.

Of course, dipshit meant Balkan states.

50 minutes ago, Cade said:

I like the wee leak from France that says that the last time Trump visited France he was banging on about how the Baltic states were the cause of the Yugoslav civil war.

Of course, dipshit meant Balkan states.

Some facts.

Donald Trump has accomplished more in life that you have.

Donald Trump is POTUS, what are you?

Is he really a dipshit when he's the most powerful man in the world?

Donald Trump doesn't give a **** about your opinion on anything.

All facts.

Cheers.

God bless Donald Trump.

18 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

How many poor and huddled masses stay in your house mate?

:levein_interesting:

18 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Trump twitter latest.

I mean wildfires in California are nothing new, but they're getting worse.

This is from an abstract from a paper from 2008 analyzing where climate change would make fires worse:

" In this analysis the largest changes in property damages under the climate change scenarios occurred in wildland/urban interfaces proximate to major metropolitan areas in coastal southern California, the Bay Area, and in the Sierra foothills northeast of Sacramento." (https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10584-007-9363-z)

Paradise, CA is in the Sierra foothills.

Of course, even in climate change, you can manage a forest against increased risks, but it takes money. The US Forest Service's budget has been gutted in recent years.

One guess as to who gutted it: https://ppora.org/blog/trump-budget-proposes-big-changes-in-forest-service-interior-spending

6 hours ago, The Comedian said:

How many poor and huddled masses stay in your house mate?

:levein_interesting:

What has my house got to do with Trump's over-the-top rhetoric on the 'caravan'?

7 hours ago, The Comedian said:

Some facts.

All facts.

Cheers.

God bless Donald Trump.

And you are? 

On 08/11/2018 at 23:11, Seymour M Hersh said:

There were possibly even more who hated Obama due to his skin colour and were armed to the teeth and then some. Yet there was never any (that I can recall) suggestions or rumours of an assignation attempt on him. 

No, not a one . . .

image.thumb.png.a4780e4baa0384befd219835e79c12a4.png

Yesterday I criticised Trump for calling off a vist to an American WWI cemetery due to bad weather.

As you can see from the attached video the conditions were truely horrendous.

I just hope General Kelly & his team got back safely.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Running out of adjectives to describe this moron.

Some comedian will be a long to defend this cretin.

Guest Paul Allen
20 hours ago, redjambo said:

That's how the EU operates the Common European Asylum System but it's not a common principle as far as I know.

Anyway, Mexico, safe?

https://www.atlasandboots.com/most-dangerous-countries-in-the-world-ranked/

In your link Honduras (where the migrants have mostly come from) is ranked as safer than the USA! :facepalm:

40 minutes ago, Paul Allen said:

In your link Honduras (where the migrants have mostly come from) is ranked as safer than the USA! :facepalm:

?

It's a dangerous world out there!

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

"They died with their face to the foe and that pathetic inadequate Donald Trump couldn't even defy the weather to pay his respects to The Fallen."

Here's how Kennedy and De Gaulle coped with a bit of rain back in 1961.

AP6105310376.jpg

hq857kya9mx11.jpg

Seymour M Hersh
13 hours ago, Justin Z said:

No, not a one . . .

image.thumb.png.a4780e4baa0384befd219835e79c12a4.png

Excluding the recent bomb threat I don't remember these making the news in this country. I also meant while he was in office which he obviously isn't in 2018. You should wind your neck in. 

Remember Trump attacked Hillary Clinton when she collapsed at a 911 memorial. The woman was later hospitalised with pneumonia. Trump can't even stand under an umbrella the unfit cretin.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Remember Trump attacked Hillary Clinton when she collapsed at a 911 memorial. The woman was later hospitalised with pneumonia. Trump can't even stand under an umbrella the unfit cretin.

The arsehole would have managed if it was golf.

7 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Excluding the recent bomb threat I don't remember these making the news in this country. I also meant while he was in office which he obviously isn't in 2018. You should wind your neck in. 

The latest in a recurring pattern of you spouting off on things you clearly know little about and haven't bothered to research, and I'm the one who should wind my neck in?

Come on, mate. Take the getting pulled up for it, learn, and move on. :thumbsup:

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 22:04, The Comedian said:

Some facts.

All facts.

Cheers.

God bless Donald Trump.

The left with others is being used as an instrument to dissolve American and Europe into a borderless communist dystopia. Trump and Putin are against this and know that the stakes are very high. Hence the demonization.

Huge change in the geo-political landscape is coming. The globalist NWOists have the upper hand at this time WRT the media news narrative. Truth is now very much a fluid commodity, a story can be spun and flipped in anyway they wish. Many don’t question they just blindly follow the surface narrative. Hence most here with complicit innocence jump on the anti-Trump rhetoric and claim this reality as their own.

We see DT and VP facing extreme opposition to any reconciliation or closer alignment they may wish to implement. When Trump was elected, the stage was set for a joint populist revolt against the NWO. This had to be stopped by any means necessary, hence the concocted ‘Russian, Collusion, Delusion’ which for its instigators has served its purpose well- keeping the countries apart.

Severely weaken a nations independence, pull down its borders, create division and polarisation then the NWO, Globalist, Central World Government elitists can have their way. A terrible and destructive future awaits, a time as yet unwitnessed.

Penny must be dropping that the house dems 40 seat swing gives them a mandate to subpoena the shit out of Trump, his crime family and fixers. Trump better pray for more mass shootings and hurricanes as he tries to silence and shut down Mueller.

28 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Penny must be dropping that the house dems 40 seat swing gives them a mandate to subpoena the shit out of Trump, his crime family and fixers. Trump better pray for more mass shootings and hurricanes as he tries to silence and shut down Mueller.

If only our political system made sense and we immediately swore in newly elected officials instead of waiting until January.

Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, Justin Z said:

The latest in a recurring pattern of you spouting off on things you clearly know little about and haven't bothered to research, and I'm the one who should wind my neck in?

Come on, mate. Take the getting pulled up for it, learn, and move on. :thumbsup:

I am not now and never will be your "mate"! As I said most of these things did not make the news here. Learn off a sherman tank! Ha ha that's funny. 

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)