U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

1 hour ago, Ugly American said:

This is sadly likely to be exactly accurate:

https://twitter.com/steak_ham/status/1055110364134813696

Tweet embedding seems to have stopped working for me, so here's what it says:

Get ready for the following cycle: 
1) the mailbombs were false flags to make conservatives look bad before midterms
2) the mailbombs were real, but they were sent by a Bernie supporter
3) the mailbombs were real, sent by a conservative, but the Democrats are more violent

DING!

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/john-bolton-ally-suggests-leftists-sent-mail-bombs-deflect-attention-lefts-mobs/

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Police confirm on CNN that they were in fact live bombs. If it is a democrat they are obviously a nut trying to kill or injure their own people to make a point. It is a terrible thing that this type of violence is possibly motivated by political differences. Elections can always get dirty, but the depth of this is atrocious,  suggestions like when they go low we will kick them, when a leader says things like a man body slamming a journalist is my kind of man, when he gives insulting nicknames, calls people liars, and describes his opposition as cuckoo when addressing large audiences of impressionable people things have to go wrong, so many misfits take these words as urging and don't even know the word rhetoric, so obviously at least one has taken one of the speakers seriously and acted, shameful conduct by those,and both parties have to take some responsibility for letting things sink this far.

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Explosive devices intercepted en route to the Clinton and Obama hooses. 

Has Trump endorsed or condemned the perpetrators?

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, maroonlegions said:
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing and text

Vile man. 

I am callling that fake. In rescuing children in that supposed position you would grab them by the waist and push them up to relieve them from strangulation. And why was someone taking the photograph instead of freeing the apparently dying child on the left?

5 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

I've seen some American Christians interviewed on TV.  They say that God has chosen Donald Trump to be President (although how they would know that I have no idea).

Similarly, when asked how they can stand by a President with such obvious morals flaws, their answer is that God has forgiven him, therefore they forgive him too.

Contrary to what you may believe I am not an all in Trump-ton Fan Boy.

I agree with you that many American Christians and elsewhere have certain beliefs concerning Trump’s status which are more mystic meg than Biblical prophecy.

False prophets have emerged in many places, they claim that God is speaking directly to them with extra biblical revelation. However, this unbiblical deception.

A chap by the name of Mark Taylor (UA will be aware) is one of the chief charlatans, claiming that God spoke directly to him telling him that Trump would be president years prior to the event. He is all over the internet, spreading lies and deception. Another self-proclaimed Trump prophet is the recently deceased Kim Clement.

I would suggest that the people who are taken in by this deception are more inclined to be part of the seeker sensitive type church. Here pseudo - prophesy, healing, spiritual gifts, the next big thing and entertainment are more important than the teaching presented in scripture. It’s all about the experience for them. Deception is rife. Some of America’s biggest churches are more temples of Satan than places to worship God.

Having said that and with respect to our differing world view, I don’t believe that any national leader who ever they are, good or bad could stand out with God’s will. This is a difficult to grasp concept. I would suggest that Trump is here for such a time as this.

Edited by alfajambo

8 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

Contrary to what you may believe I am not an all in Trump-ton Fan Boy.

I agree with you that many American Christians and elsewhere have certain beliefs concerning Trump’s status which are more mystic meg than Biblical prophecy.

False prophets have emerged in many places, they claim that God is speaking directly to them with extra biblical revelation. However, this unbiblical deception.

A chap by the name of Mark Taylor (UA will be aware) is one of the chief charlatans, claiming that God spoke directly to him telling him that Trump would be president years prior to the event. He is all over the internet, spreading lies and deception. Another self-proclaimed Trump prophet is the recently deceased Kim Clement.

I would suggest that the people who are taken in by this deception are more inclined to be part of the seeker sensitive type church. Here pseudo - prophesy, healing, spiritual gifts, the next big thing and entertainment are more important than the teaching presented in scripture. It’s all about the experience for them. Deception is rife. Some of America’s biggest churches are more temples of Satan than places to worship God.

Having said that and with respect to our differing world view, I don’t believe that any national leader who ever they are, good or bad could stand out with God’s will. This is a difficult to grasp concept. I would suggest that Trump is here for such a time as this.

Difficult?  That's away over this poor sinner's head. 

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

I am callling that fake. In rescuing children in that supposed position you would grab them by the waist and push them up to relieve them from strangulation. And why was someone taking the photograph instead of freeing the apparently dying child on the left?

To me it looks like he has the kid he is lifting by the hips just under his wee bum which is how I would do it myself, what a dec ision to have to make both

possibly choking thats the decision that faces potential helpers at times, who do you save first you can't do them both at the same time,  the saving one is something you want to remember, not being able to save someone is something you are not able to forget.

4 hours ago, Ugly American said:

This is sadly likely to be exactly accurate:

https://twitter.com/steak_ham/status/1055110364134813696

Tweet embedding seems to have stopped working for me, so here's what it says:

You know, as soon as I heard about this, I knew the false flag accusations would come out. Seems a bit strong to use live explosives to make a point. 

No doubt Q Anon predicted it all in advance. 

46 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

You know, as soon as I heard about this, I knew the false flag accusations would come out. Seems a bit strong to use live explosives to make a point. 

No doubt Q Anon predicted it all in advance. 

My money is on the Russians, white powder, obvious clue:leveinnaturalorder:

7 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I am calling it fake too.

Donny, speaking last night:

“We want all sides to come together in peace and harmony. We can do it … Those engaged in the political arena must stop treating political opponents as morally defective.”

"The media has a responsibility to set a civil tone and to stop the endless hostility and constant negative and oftentimes false attacks and stories”.

“Let’s get along. By the way, do you see how nice I’m behaving tonight? Have you ever seen this? We’re all behaving very well and hopefully we can keep it that way, right?”

What happened to "lock her up", "2nd amendment people should sort her out", "The media re the enemies of the people"  and all the rest of his violent rhetoric over the last 2-3 years?

The man has no self awareness at all.

18 hours ago, maroonlegions said:
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing and text

Vile man. 

You lifted this off the internet or facebook and once again never even checked it out, didn't you?

Because if you had checked it out you'd have discovered that the photo was posted in a facebook post by Mashoor Qasem back on the 9 June 2011, which as you'll know is long long before Trump ran for President, indeed Obama was still in his first term as President when this photo first emerged.

The above photo with the caption was then used by Norman Finkelstein in August 2018 in a facebook post, but this wasn't the first time this photo had been used for propaganda purposes as the very same photo was used by Adam Milstein minus the caption in (July) 2014 claiming that it showed a Hamas terrorist hanging children up to prevent a house in Gaza being bombed by the IDF.

In fact in the orginal 2011 post there is no mention of the Israeli's whatsoever and one comment in the 2014 article the poster says that if you search the timeline the photo is of a guy bullying kids in Ramallah, this would explain why there is no vitriol of abuse or hatred towards Israel in any of the facebook posts, until Norman Finkelstein posted it 2018.

Article from 2018

http://www.israellycool.com/2018/08/28/anti-israel-blood-libel-of-the-day-the-hanging-palestinian-kids/

Article from 2014 with the same photo.

https://wildflowersnews.wordpress.com/2014/08/01/israel-palestine-fake-photos-of-human-shields/

Now I'm not interested in the political leanings of either website or the rights and wrongs of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, and I only post the above links simply because they both show that this photo was around long before Trump became President and therefore the photo with the caption you posted has nothing whatsoever to do with Donald Trump or Jared Kushner or their support for Israel.

By not checking out the photo, all you have done is demean your own agrument and allow people to cry 'fake news' and whilst the photo itself as far as I can tell isn't faked the context which you have used it, is.

More suspected bombs in the post today.

One sent to Robert de Niro's restaurant in New York and there are reports that a postal facility in Delaware is the subject of police activity, Joe Biden lives in Delaware.

9 suspected bombs have now been sent to either people that Trump has criticised or have criticised Trump.

Now confirmed that a mail bomb has been sent to Joe Biden.

Just seen a photo of the package sent to Robert de Niro and it has a used British stamp (possibly a 2nd class stamp) on the far left of the envelope, indicating that the terrorist has reused the envelope.

“A very big part of the Anger we see today in our society is caused by the purposely false and inaccurate reporting of the Mainstream Media that I refer to as Fake News.
It has gotten so bad and hateful that it is beyond description.
Mainstream Media must clean up its act, FAST!”

:cornette:

19 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I have a good friend (more a good friend of the spouse's but anyway) who lived in East Jerusalem and this kind of thing happened all the time. The West Bank settlers tend to be hard core wackos and their kids soak it up. Said a week never went by where some of the neighborhood Palestinian kids didn't get rocks thrown at them or something like this from the settler teenagers, and that the IDF usually just watched or egged on the teens.

I have another friend who's Israeli who has some stories about mobs of settlers that make your hair stand on end. He was at a peace and justice demonstration when a few hundred settlers showed up yelling, "death to traitors" and other stuff. He's no fan of the police but says the police that night probably kept them from being killed.

29 minutes ago, Cade said:

“A very big part of the Anger we see today in our society is caused by the purposely false and inaccurate reporting of the Mainstream Media that I refer to as Fake News.
It has gotten so bad and hateful that it is beyond description.
Mainstream Media must clean up its act, FAST!”

:cornette:

Oh FFS I hadn't seen that. CNN gets a bomb sent to it, let's blame the media.

2 hours ago, Ugly American said:

Oh FFS I hadn't seen that. CNN gets a bomb sent to it, let's blame the media.

He took no responsibility at all, everyone else to blame. 

23 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

He took no responsibility at all, everyone else to blame. 

He's been like that his whole life, always somebody else's fault, never his.

He won't change now.

9 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

He won't change now.

What's going on? Civil war in the supposed bastion of the free. 

41 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

He won't change now.

He probably can't change but, on the other hand, why should he?

Being an obnoxious, duplicitous, racist arsehole got him the best gig in the world, and could get him re-elected in 2020, so to change now would be daft. 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

What's going on? Civil war in the supposed bastion of the free. 

Seen something the other week/month which said that America is more fractured now than it was during the Civil War, not sure about that myself tbh, but there you are.

As it is, there are lots of people/groups tooling themselves up, just in case.

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

He probably can't change but, on the other hand, why should he?

Being an obnoxious, duplicitous, racist arsehole got him the best gig in the world, and could get him re-elected in 2020, so to change now would be daft. 

Indeed, and the worse thing is, if Trump wins a second term, he could very well have set the new benchmark of what it takes to get the top job, and if that were the case, believe me there will be much much worse people who will run for President in the coming years.

This is good. And I'm really not a fan of the New Republic usually.

A nihilist is someone who dedicates himself to not giving a shit, who thinks all meanings are shit, and who yearns with all his heart for the “aesthetic pleasure” of seeing the shit hit the fan. Arguing with a nihilist is like intimidating a suicide bomber: The usual threats and enticement have no effect. I suspect that is part of the appeal for both: the facile transcendence of placing oneself beyond all powers of persuasion. A nihilist is above you and your persnickety arguments in the same way that Trump fancies himself above the law.

Comparisons with Nazi Germany are often too glibly made and always too glibly dismissed. History does not repeat itself, true—I do not expect to see Donald Trump sporting a mustache the width of his nose—but history does show that similar social conditions can produce comparable political effects. With that in mind, it may not be out of bounds to quote from a nearly forgotten book by Nazi turncoat Hermann Rauschning called The Revolution of Nihilism. Published in 1939, and subtitled Warning to the West, the book characterizes Hitlerism as a form of vacuous “dynamism” with “no fixed aims” and “no program at all.” A movement of “utter nihilism,” it is “kept alive in the masses only in the form of permanent pugnacity.”

https://newrepublic.com/article/151603/nihilist-nation-empty-core-trump-mystique

Edited by Ugly American

41 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

This is good. And I'm really not a fan of the New Republic usually.

https://newrepublic.com/article/151603/nihilist-nation-empty-core-trump-mystique

The closing sentence in your quote sure fits Trumpism to a tee.

A movement of “utter nihilism,” it is “kept alive in the masses only in the form of permanent pugnacity.”

19 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Seen something the other week/month which said that America is more fractured now than it was during the Civil War, not sure about that myself tbh, but there you are.

As it is, there are lots of people/groups tooling themselves up, just in case.

Indeed, and the worse thing is, if Trump wins a second term, he could very well have set the new benchmark of what it takes to get the top job, and if that were the case, believe me there will be much much worse people who will run for President in the coming years.

Edited by alfajambo

White van belonging to the suspect (a male in his 50s).

Plastered with right wing and republican decals.

False flag though, eh?

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Cade

J.T.F.Robertson
4 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

Donald certainly seems to think so

"Bomb stuff" :vrface:

He's away wi' the goalie.

Closer view of the van.

No idea where his animosity might have come from...

Edited by Ugly American

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

It's distracting from the real issue of the elections coming up. I suggest we brush this under the carpet, & move on now.

Especially since the Republican vote was doing so fantasitcally, marvellously, brilliantly well, in fact the best voting in the history of, well em, the World.

12 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

With some mental health issues no doubts as well.

Of course, he's white, so that means he's a poor suffering mental health case rather than being a domestic terrorist who tried to assassinate several major political figures.

Of course if all the libs were just nicer and more civil to him I'm sure none of this would have happened. 

https://twitter.com/_zakali/status/1055863832634163202

(Also disturbing -- he's a UNC fan. Nooo!)

Edited by Ugly American

So Trump makes a stupid Tweet in the early morning, the arrest of the package sender is made, Trump gives an excellent prepared scripted prompter speech about the excellent work by law enforcement, a short while ago he was shown at the function for black leaders again speaking for himself unscripted it would seem where he is claiming in my opinion that he because of the media, which a person in the audience referred to as fake news, to which Trump nodded in acknowledgemnt, that he is the victim in all this because of being picked on by the media. This whole bomb thing as the president describes certainly involves a person suffering mental health problems, I wonder if the the guy arrested also suffers from mental health problems.

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Cesar Sayoc, the principal suspect in these alleged crimes, is actually not a Democrat. This is striking, & incomprehensible news, frankly.

To be honest, a nutter with  Republican/Democrat/A.N. Other leanings, isn't the story. The reaction, again, of The President of The United States, has become the story. Just as he wants it to be. 

Next...

Don't you think that Trump is clever though, turning this news into "It must be a Democratic plot to detract from the upcoming election. Get out and vote!". It's just what his supporters will want to hear. Trump appears to be an expert at talking his to the masses in the language they want to be talked to, his masses anyway.

25 minutes ago, Barack said:

This nutter(not Trump) will be raised up as shining light amongst certain Republican elements. Won't surprise me at all to see a boost in Republican numbers.

Fox News haven't been the number 1 cable network for over two years, for no reason.

These folks will be hurrying to shift from "hoax" to "mental health" very soon now.

http://twitter.com/jonswaine/status/1055175217641865216

The arrested person is a white male with a lengthy criminal record and is a Trump fanatic.

I have to say that I'm stunned.  Who'd a thunk it?

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

Don't you think that Trump is clever though, turning this news into "It must be a Democratic plot to detract from the upcoming election. Get out and vote!". It's just what his supporters will want to hear. Trump appears to be an expert at talking his to the masses in the language they want to be talked to, his masses anyway.

"The masses" could be won over with sock puppets and finger-painting.

1 hour ago, alfajambo said:

Straight out of central casting.

I'm sorry, sir, I've enjoyed our conversations in the past, but if you're actually serious about this, you're going on the ignore list.

9 hours ago, redjambo said:

You do need to be an expert to rally his masses. They're all dolly dimple. 

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)