U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

21 hours ago, Ugly American said:

I'm sorry, sir, I've enjoyed our conversations in the past, but if you're actually serious about this, you're going on the ignore list.

Straight out of central casting? Does that make you feel better?

Everyday people walking about with red T’s and Mag hats are often threatened and assaulted by leftist thugs.

It’s a daily occurrence it seems.

Yet a shiny white van covered in provocative professionally produced signage drives about untouched, pristine.

Unlikely some would say.  Only on the streets for a few days previous, then the timing would be very suspect.

Is the van a made for tv prop? I don’t know.

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It seems you take your information direct from Donald Trumps lieing mouth. He continuously makes such statements most without foundation such as the caravan contains middle east people probably Isis and when asked said there is no proof. Where is the proof of your allegation. I have seen and heard complaints  from both sides about harrassment at restaurants and public places, but I can honestly say I have never seen or heard anything of the allegation you are making. Your statement about the van only on the streets for a few days is patently wrong, the van was in that state for sometime, and some considerable time before bore similar pictures all about the Seminole Indian tribe which the shooter claimed to be a member of, in fact he is not, he is the son of a Philipene father, and Italian mother. He was stated by his former lawyer  to be a man who has problems because of his fathers abandonment, and became a registered Republican when Trump ran for President, at that time he started to decorate his van accordingly. According to the lawyer he seeks a father figure and sees Trump as filling that position.

It seems to me your support as I have said previously is predicated on your religious beliefs, specifically abortion, but by your support for Trump and his denial of new gun laws, you are more caring about non born children which is indeed a sad situation , than you are about the wasted lives of those who have been born and are snatched away from life by guns, and those who love them.  God help and forgive you.

Edited by bobsharp

50 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

It seems you take your information direct from Donald Trumps lieing mouth. He continuously makes such statements most without foundation such as the caravan contains middle east people probably Isis and when asked said there is no proof. Where is the proof of your allegation. I have seen and heard complaints  from both sides about harrassment at restaurants and public places, but I can honestly say I have never seen or heard anything of the allegation you are making. Your statement about the van only on the streets for a few days is patently wrong, the van was in that state for sometime, and some considerable time before bore similar pictures all about the Seminole Indian tribe which the shooter claimed to be a member of, in fact he is not, he is the son of a Philipene father, and Italian mother. He was stated by his former lawyer  to be a man who has problems because of his fathers abandonment, and became a registered Republican when Trump ran for President, at that time he started to decorate his van accordingly. According to the lawyer he seeks a father figure and sees Trump as filling that position.

It seems to me your support as I have said previously is predicated on your religious beliefs, specifically abortion, but by your support for Trump and his denial of new gun laws, you are more caring about non born children which is indeed a sad situation , than you are about the wasted lives of those who have been born and are snatched away from life by guns, and those who love them.  God help and forgive you.

Bob, you misinterpret what I say.

I didn’t say that the van had only been on the road for a few days. I suggested that if that were the case then the timing would be suspicious. If on the road for weeks, then I am surprised that it hadn’t been tanned. These thoughts floated when first I saw the photo. Posing the question. The dichotomy presented in the answer to the question is key. Was this a set up? I don't know.

Gun control, I have never mentioned the subject on KB. Would I wish to live in a country with Guns freely available? No.

Birth control procedures mentioned by you. My thoughts, does God see abortion as a sinful act?

I would say yes.

Should governments be allowed to pass laws which impinge on a person’s free will in this area?

Probably not.

Edited by alfajambo

6 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

I didn’t say that the van had only been on the road for a few days. I suggested that if that were the case then the timing would be suspicious. If on the road for weeks, then I am surprised that it hadn’t been tanned. These thoughts floated when first I saw the photo. Posing the question. The dichotomy presented in the answer to the question is key. Do I think this was a set up. I don't know.

Gun control, I have never mentioned the subject on KB. Would I wish to live in a country with Guns freely available? No.

Birth control procedures mentioned by you. My thoughts, does God see abortion as a sinful act?

I would say yes.

Should governments be allowed to pass laws which impinge on a person’s free will in this area?

Probably not.

I may have misinterpreted what you say, relative to the van, however I will say that you are making misinformed statements about the van. The reports I hear including a fairly comprehensive statement by the manager of a pizza parlor for whom he made deliveries, he had lived in the van for a considrerable time since his family kicked him out of the family home. I am sure I got completely what you were saying about attacks on persons wearing red tee shirts and MAGA hats. I cannot say with certainty you are wrong, but suspect I a voracious news listener and watcher would have caught reports on some of the incidents to which you refer. As far as abortion is concerned, do you think changing Roe v Wade will save unborn lives, I think not. I repeat myself by saying I have attended post abortion incidents, where the unborn died and the young mother to be was removed to hospital in a very serious condition. The operation had been carried out by the usually eldrerly lady, who in the sterile confines of her kitchen with her surgical instruments of a crochet hook or perhaps a knitting needle were inserted in the pelvic area to induce miscarriage, the mother to be as stated rushed to hospital the prematurely delivered dead baby disposed of in the toilet where someone like me had to put there arm down into the toilet and retrieve the foetus. Abortion may be abhorrent, but if it has to be done do it as practised now in sanitary medical facilities. I can assure you either way it is never going to stop.

I have conversed with another JKBer with whom we disagree on most of Trumps policies. He however provided me with sound pra ctical reasons for his opinions which were enlightening and very understandable to me in his case, I regret that I find your sometimes somewhat denied support of Trump unsubstantiated, and in fact strange for a man of your stated beliefs. But I am a believer in the philosophy of to each his own, even if his beliefs are all wrong.?

28 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

I didn’t say that the van had only been on the road for a few days. I suggested that if that were the case then the timing would be suspicious. If on the road for weeks, then I am surprised that it hadn’t been tanned. These thoughts floated when first I saw the photo. Posing the question. The dichotomy presented in the answer to the question is key. Was this a set up? I don't know.

I would say yes.

Probably not.

You mean 'probably yes' seeing as there is absolutely no proof that the big man exists. 

21 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

I As far as abortion is concerned, do you think changing Roe v Wade will save unborn lives, I think not. I repeat myself by saying I have attended post abortion incidents, where the unborn died and the young mother to be was removed to hospital in a very serious condition. The operation had been carried out by the usually eldrerly lady, who in the sterile confines of her kitchen with her surgical instruments of a crochet hook or perhaps a knitting needle were inserted in the pelvic area to induce miscarriage, the mother to be as stated rushed to hospital the prematurely delivered dead baby disposed of in the toilet where someone like me had to put there arm down into the toilet and retrieve the foetus. Abortion may be abhorrent, but if it has to be done do it as practised now in sanitary medical facilities. I can assure you either way it is never going to stop.

I would say yes.

Probably not. 

Edited by alfajambo

41 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

I may have misinterpreted what you say, relative to the van, however I will say that you are making misinformed statements about the van. 

That indeed may be the case.

Edited by alfajambo

Trump calls for the death penalty for the NY truck attacker and was told he's essentially messed up the trial as a result.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/sep/06/terrorist-attack-new-york-trump-tweet-death-penalty

Now he's calling for the death penalty for the Squirrel Hill shooter.

He literally has no idea what he's doing whatsoever.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, peter_hmfc said:

Trump calls for the death penalty for the NY truck attacker and was told he's essentially messed up the trial as a result.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/sep/06/terrorist-attack-new-york-trump-tweet-death-penalty

Now he's calling for the death penalty for the Squirrel Hill shooter.

He literally has no idea what he's doing whatsoever.

Who told Trump he'd essentially messed up the trial? 

1 minute ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Who told Trump he'd essentially messed up the trial? 

"Donald Trump’s tweet last year that the man accused of the bicycle path terrorist attack in New York “SHOULD GET DEATH PENALTY” means that attorney general Jeff Sessions can’t make a fair decision on whether to seek his execution, the suspect argued in court papers on Thursday."

6 hours ago, alfajambo said:

Everyday people walking about with red T’s and Mag hats are often threatened and assaulted by leftist thugs.

Yet a shiny white van covered in provocative professionally produced signage drives about untouched, pristine.

Unlikely some would say.  Only on the streets for a few days previous, then the timing would be very suspect.

This is garbage. It is horseshit. It is made up. This happens once in a blue moon.

What does happen is that in one week:

- a white man tries to get into a black church to commit mass murder. He can't get in because now we have to lock church doors for safety, so instead goes to a supermarket, kills two black men, then tells a white man, "I won't kill you, because whites don't kill whites."

- a man who says Trump became like a "second father" to him tries to assassinate major leaders. This is confirmed by the FBI, which despite what our wannabe dictator will tell you, has never been an organization terribly friendly to leftists. He also sends a bomb to a Jewish billionaire who's the latest Jewish person to be accused of running a global conspiracy.

- a man whose social media is filled with right wing and anti-Semitic rants kills 11 in a house of worship on the Jewish sabbath. 

This is whom you are apologizing for. This is who is marching to the President's drum beat.

You are taking the side of evil and against Christ but there's apparently no event, no evidence, no comment, no plea to morality, no plea to decency, nothing that will make you see this, so I'm going to quit wasting my time doing so. I'll try to answer direct replies because to do otherwise would be rude. God be with you sir, and may He warm your heart at some point to see through this.

1 hour ago, Ugly American said:

This is garbage. It is horseshit. It is made up. This happens once in a blue moon.

- a white man tries to get into a black church to commit mass murder. He can't get in because now we have to lock church doors for safety, so instead goes to a supermarket, kills two black men, then tells a white man, "I won't kill you, because whites don't kill whites."

- a man who says Trump became like a "second father" to him tries to assassinate major leaders. This is confirmed by the FBI, which despite what our wannabe dictator will tell you, has never been an organization terribly friendly to leftists. He also sends a bomb to a Jewish billionaire who's the latest Jewish person to be accused of running a global conspiracy.

- a man whose social media is filled with right wing and anti-Semitic rants kills 11 in a house of worship on the Jewish sabbath. 

This is whom you are apologizing for. This is who is marching to the President's drum beat.

You are taking the side of evil and against Christ but there's apparently no event, no evidence, no comment, no plea to morality, no plea to decency, nothing that will make you see this, so I'm going to quit wasting my time doing so. I'll try to answer direct replies because to do otherwise would be rude. God be with you sir, and may He warm your heart at some point to see through this.

Great post.

People in the USA are now trying to kill other people as a result of Trump's inflammatory rhetoric.  It surprises me that there are still posters on JKB who refuse to condemn him for his rabble-rousing verbal poison.

alwaysthereinspirit
12 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Great post.

People in the USA are now trying to kill other people as a result of Trump's inflammatory rhetoric.  It surprises me that there are still posters on JKB who refuse to condemn him for his rabble-rousing verbal poison.

Great post? You're surely on the wind up. 

Trump has never asked any white man to go and kill black men. That murdering scum bag should and will be classed as a disgusting racist. Which he is. Nothing to do with Trump. He was racist way before 2016.

The second guy. Obviously slightly weird that he would describe a man he's never met as a Father figure. Most of the 300 million other Americans have managed to control themselves no matter what rubbishy Trump spouts or what side of the fence they're on. They'd be normal thinking everyday humans who know the difference between simple right and wrong.

The third guy was obviously an anti Semite. Which Trump obviously is not. How Trump became part of this story can only be answered by the other poster bringing it up. 

J.T.F.Robertson
3 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Trump has never asked any white man to go and kill black men. That murdering scum bag should and will be classed as a disgusting racist. Which he is. Nothing to do with Trump. He was racist way before 2016.

The second guy. Obviously slightly weird that he would describe a man he's never met as a Father figure. Most of the 300 million other Americans have managed to control themselves no matter what rubbishy Trump spouts or what side of the fence they're on. They'd be normal thinking everyday humans who know the difference between simple right and wrong.

The third guy was obviously an anti Semite. Which Trump obviously is not. How Trump became part of this story can only be answered by the other poster bringing it up. 

You are correct of course that they are already ****-ups, but the imposter you persist in defending legitimizes it in their ****ed up minds.

You genuinely cannot see that? (you and he have much in common only he's in it for himself, what's your excuse?)

alwaysthereinspirit
9 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

You are correct of course that they are already ****-ups, but the imposter you persist in defending legitimizes it in their ****ed up minds.

You genuinely cannot see that? (you and he have much in common only he's in it for himself, what's your excuse?)

Excuse for what? 

What's your excuse?

The Real Maroonblood
6 hours ago, Ugly American said:

Top post.

13 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Trump has never explicitly called for violence against black people specifically. Here is a list of times he's called for violence against his political enemies:

https://mashable.com/2016/03/12/trump-rally-incite-violence/#p.O5ey_CIiq3

Surely you know that he's called CNN and other "lying media" types "the enemy of the people." That phrase has been commonly used historically for enemy combatants in times of war.

Trump himself does not espouse anti-Semitic views. He has, however referred, to groups who have called for a new Holocaust and for ethnic cleansing of racial, religious, and ethnic minorities as "very fine people" and repeatedly refused to publicly condemn acts of white supremacist terrorism.

The Pittsburgh shooter posted on his Gab social media account, less than two hours before the shooting, a tirade about a Jewish charity that helps congregations (including Tree of Life) host refugees in the USA, including Muslims. He accused the charity of helping "bring invaders that kill our people," then said, "screw your optics, I'm going in." He then proceeded to commit mass murder.

I wonder where he got the idea that refugees are rapists and murderers?

Decades before he became a politician, Trump famously paid for a full page ad in the New York Times calling for the death penalty, before trial, of the Central Park Five, five black teenagers who have since been completely exonerated. Asked after they were exonerated if he regretted his stance, Trump said not at all (source: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/18/opinion/why-trump-doubled-down-on-the-central-park-five.html)

But here's the worst part. You, ATIS, already know all of this at some level. To hold the position you continue to hold, you are actively working, putting in your own intellectual labor, to remain ignorant, to deny what's right in front of you. This is because, as I've said before, you're infected with a sick form of nihilism outlined in that New Republic article I said before. This is why, on this thread, you care more about catching out "the libs" in some semantic error in a post than you do about people getting killed. It's sick and it's diseased.

And like alfajambo, nothing I say here is going to change that, which is why in general I either don't bother with you. But sometimes a restatement of well-established facts at least helps the thread from going too far off the rails, so here we are.

On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 01:04, Ugly American said:

Beautiful, beautiful language.

Further, can I politely suggest that you keep your wholly inaccurate unsubstantiated subjective analysis within the parameters of your own mind -  Keep your country tidy and return to the bin. There’s a good chap.

Edited by alfajambo

alwaysthereinspirit
17 hours ago, Ugly American said:

Trump has never explicitly called for violence against black people specifically. Here is a list of times he's called for violence against his political enemies:

https://mashable.com/2016/03/12/trump-rally-incite-violence/#p.O5ey_CIiq3

Surely you know that he's called CNN and other "lying media" types "the enemy of the people." That phrase has been commonly used historically for enemy combatants in times of war.

Trump himself does not espouse anti-Semitic views. He has, however referred, to groups who have called for a new Holocaust and for ethnic cleansing of racial, religious, and ethnic minorities as "very fine people" and repeatedly refused to publicly condemn acts of white supremacist terrorism.

The Pittsburgh shooter posted on his Gab social media account, less than two hours before the shooting, a tirade about a Jewish charity that helps congregations (including Tree of Life) host refugees in the USA, including Muslims. He accused the charity of helping "bring invaders that kill our people," then said, "screw your optics, I'm going in." He then proceeded to commit mass murder.

I wonder where he got the idea that refugees are rapists and murderers?

Decades before he became a politician, Trump famously paid for a full page ad in the New York Times calling for the death penalty, before trial, of the Central Park Five, five black teenagers who have since been completely exonerated. Asked after they were exonerated if he regretted his stance, Trump said not at all (source: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/18/opinion/why-trump-doubled-down-on-the-central-park-five.html)

But here's the worst part. You, ATIS, already know all of this at some level. To hold the position you continue to hold, you are actively working, putting in your own intellectual labor, to remain ignorant, to deny what's right in front of you. This is because, as I've said before, you're infected with a sick form of nihilism outlined in that New Republic article I said before. This is why, on this thread, you care more about catching out "the libs" in some semantic error in a post than you do about people getting killed. It's sick and it's diseased.

And like alfajambo, nothing I say here is going to change that, which is why in general I either don't bother with you. But sometimes a restatement of well-established facts at least helps the thread from going too far off the rails, so here we are.

Hark at you. I've never laid on your office couch. You have no idea what you are talking about. Nihilism? That's a big word. Not going to lie, I had to look it up. Unfortunately for you knowing big words doesn't give you carte blanche to diagnose posters on a public forum. You're so full of yourself.

As for catching out "the libs". Stop dropping articles in your little box then walking away like you've done us all a favour. The school shooting thread you dropped off a winner of a PlosOne article having nothing to do with the subject matter. Also the data from said article was 7 - 4 years old. That cant possibly be related to Trump surely.

Just stick to the well-established facts please.

5 hours ago, alfajambo said:

I'll take a pass on watching that.  Pence is a shilling short of a pound (!!) imo, so I have no interest in anything he has to say.  To listen to Pence speaking on Fox would be more than my stomach can handle this early in the morning. Here's a wee story about Mike Pence:

WASHINGTON—Expressing concerns about the propriety of being left alone with a syrup container of the opposite sex, Vice President Mike Pence reportedly asked his waiter Thursday to remove Mrs. Butterworth from the table until his wife arrived to join him at a local diner. “Excuse me, sir, would you please take this out of my line of sight until my wife gets here?” said Pence, who reportedly attempted to put the table’s sugar dispenser and salt and pepper shakers between him and the feminine syrup bottle before deciding that even having Mrs. Butterworth within arm’s reach could lead him to have impure thoughts. “It just would not be right for me to sit here alone with a woman-shaped container, particularly one as shapely as this. In fact, I would advise you to do the same for the man sitting over there—I see he is sitting very close to Mrs. Butterworth even though he appears to be wearing a wedding ring.” At press time, Pence had asked the waiter to pour syrup on his pancakes for him, as it would be unseemly to handle the curves of the plastic woman in such a public place.

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

This thread is proof that the right doesn't have a monopoly of religious extremism and belief in its own righteousness.

A tad hyperbolic.

9/11 was religious extremism, blowing up buses and trains in London is religious extremism, stoning people to death for adultery is religious extremism.

Threads on JKB are merely opinion.

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

I'll take a pass on watching that.  Pence is a shilling short of a pound (!!) imo, so I have no interest in anything he has to say.  To listen to Pence speaking on Fox would be more than my stomach can handle this early in the morning. Here's a wee story about Mike Pence:

WASHINGTON—Expressing concerns about the propriety of being left alone with a syrup container of the opposite sex, Vice President Mike Pence reportedly asked his waiter Thursday to remove Mrs. Butterworth from the table until his wife arrived to join him at a local diner. “Excuse me, sir, would you please take this out of my line of sight until my wife gets here?” said Pence, who reportedly attempted to put the table’s sugar dispenser and salt and pepper shakers between him and the feminine syrup bottle before deciding that even having Mrs. Butterworth within arm’s reach could lead him to have impure thoughts. “It just would not be right for me to sit here alone with a woman-shaped container, particularly one as shapely as this. In fact, I would advise you to do the same for the man sitting over there—I see he is sitting very close to Mrs. Butterworth even though he appears to be wearing a wedding ring.” At press time, Pence had asked the waiter to pour syrup on his pancakes for him, as it would be unseemly to handle the curves of the plastic woman in such a public place.

And just to think that that religious feck heid could be in charge of the nuclear codes one day!

As bad as that prospect may sound, let's just hope that his God doesn't start talking to him, we'd all be well and truly toast then.

Francis Albert

A tad hyperbolic.

9/11 was religious extremism, blowing up buses and trains in London is religious extremism, stoning people to death for adultery is religious extremism.

Threads on JKB are merely opinion.

My definition of religious extremism is perhaps a bit wider than yours.

As is perhaps to be expected from an atheist.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

And just to think that that religious feck heid could be in charge of the nuclear codes one day!

As bad as that prospect may sound, let's just hope that his God doesn't start talking to him, we'd all be well and truly toast then.

Please tell me that you know the piece was a spoof? I'm begging you. I'm putting you on ignore if you honestly thought that was real.

6 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Hark at you. I've never laid on your office couch. You have no idea what you are talking about. Nihilism? That's a big word. Not going to lie, I had to look it up. Unfortunately for you knowing big words doesn't give you carte blanche to diagnose posters on a public forum. You're so full of yourself.

As for catching out "the libs". Stop dropping articles in your little box then walking away like you've done us all a favour. The school shooting thread you dropped off a winner of a PlosOne article having nothing to do with the subject matter. Also the data from said article was 7 - 4 years old. That cant possibly be related to Trump surely.

You will report to the ‘Rules for Radicals’ correction facility immediately.

Free classes and board – 6 months minimum term.

No contact with the outside world permitted.

Do Not Be Late.

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Whatever you think of Pence (not a lot in my case) what he actually said in the clip seemed to me unexceptional. He suggested in essence that the Honduran caravan was not a spontaneous occurrence but orchestrated possibly by traffickers using left/liberal views on migration as a cover. Seems plausible to me. I have heard quotes from the caravan which seem oddly familiar ("migration is not a crime", "no human is illegal" .. the usual trite left liberal lines. In fact of course if you enter a country without the right to do so you are a criminal and an illegal immigrant. Oh sorry, you are "undocumented" ... as if your passport and visa disappeared down the side of your sofa.

Edited by Francis Albert

1 hour ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Please tell me that you know the piece was a spoof? I'm begging you. I'm putting you on ignore if you honestly thought that was real.

Did you see the video of Pence putting his water bottle on the floor a second after Trump had done so?  That wasn't a spoof.

Please tell me that you don't think Pence is suitable to be President.  He's a heartbeat away.  I won't put you on ignore, regardless of your answer.

7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Whatever you think of Pence (not a lot in my case) what he actually said in the clip seemed to me unexceptional. He suggested in essence that the Honduran caravan was not a spontaneous occurrence but orchestrated possibly by traffickers using left/liberal views on migration as a cover. Seems plausible to me. I have heard quotes from the caravan which seem oddly familiar ("migration is not a crime", "no human is illegal" .. the usual trite left liberal lines. In fact of course if you enter a country without the right to do so you are a criminal and an illegal immigrant. Oh sorry, you are "undocumented" ... as if your passport and visa disappeared down the side of your sofa.

The so-called caravan is a thousand miles away from the US border.  One needs much more than left/liberal views to surmount the physical challenges facing those families.  Even if they arrive at the border one day, they can't just walk in.  It's much more likely that Trump is whipping the conservatives into a frenzy over a minimal threat in the hope that it will assist in the upcoming elections.  

It's Trump's 2018 version of "Build that wall, build that wall."

1 hour ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

He's a religious nut job, that's an undeniable fact and that's good enough for me.

As far as I know you'd be the first person to put me on ignore, so go ahead, what an honour it would be for you, congratulations.

alwaysthereinspirit
2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Did you see the video of Pence putting his water bottle on the floor a second after Trump had done so?  That wasn't a spoof.

Please tell me that you don't think Pence is suitable to be President.  He's a heartbeat away.  I won't put you on ignore, regardless of your answer.

I don't think anyone is fully suitable for the job of President. From either side. But the people voted and what we have is what democracy brings. A winner. Therefore a President. Is he the right man? Doesn't matter right now. He's THE man. In 2 years it can be changed. If democracy permits.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If Hillary had won I'd have set my alarm for 5am Wednesday morning and did exactly the same thing I've been doing now for 30 years. Unfortunately we have posters on here who were 100% positive she'd win and the result that Tuesday broke them. We also have in this country democrat politicians who would fit right in here on this thread. Broken and demoralized. People need to pull their big boy pants up and get on with it. Moping around on here wont fix your problems.

Francis Albert
43 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

The so-called caravan is a thousand miles away from the US border.  One needs much more than left/liberal views to surmount the physical challenges facing those families.  Even if they arrive at the border one day, they can't just walk in.  It's much more likely that Trump is whipping the conservatives into a frenzy over a minimal threat in the hope that it will assist in the upcoming elections.  

It's Trump's 2018 version of "Build that wall, build that wall."

Of course Trump will exploit it for all its worth. But the sympathetic and unquestioning publicity for this stunt (as I suspect it is) helps him do so.

Craig Gordons Gloves
On 27/10/2018 at 13:23, alfajambo said:

You know the van was photographed last year in Miami yeah? You know that the guy is known about the North Miami area and drives about in that van yeah? You know what you're typing is utter shite yeah?

Francis Albert
39 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

He's a religious nut job, that's an undeniable fact and that's good enough for me.

As far as I know you'd be the first person to put me on ignore, so go ahead, what an honour it would be for you, congratulations.

Are you really saying it doesn't matter whether the wee story about Spence posted by Maple Leaf is true or not? Such is my low esteem for Spence I was taken in at first. But fake noos is fake noos whatever the source and particularly whoever the target.

8 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

No need to look it up, I posted a whole article on Trump and nihilism just a few days ago, which is what I was referencing. It's a reading thing, see.

The thing in the school shooting thread wasn't about Trump, nor did I ever say it was. A poster challenged the assertion that black suspects get shot more often than white ones, and asked for evidence. So I shared it. Simples.

Once again twisting yourself in knots. Have a lie down.

I know you weren't asking me, but as far as being "suitable" to be President, Pence at the very least doesn't incite violence with his rhetoric on a regular basis, has experience as a chief executive of a government, and has clearly articulated policies that make sense under his thinking. I'd say he's considerably more "suitable" to be President than GWB or certainly Sarah Palin.

The fact that I disagree vociferously with almost everything he would do aside, a Pence Presidency wouldn't be an existential threat to American democracy the way Trump's is.

28 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Are you really saying it doesn't matter whether the wee story about Spence posted by Maple Leaf is true or not? Such is my low esteem for Spence I was taken in at first. But fake noos is fake noos whatever the source and particularly whoever the target.

Of course fake news is fake news but that wasn't what I was trying to get at, because the point I was trying to make and failed to state clearly was the undeniable fact that Pence is a religious nutter who is so consumed by his religious beliefs and who might well get his hands on the nuclear codes one day and if that ever happened then lets just hope that his god doesn't start talking to him, things could get a bit interesting if that situation ever arose.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Of course fake news is fake news but that wasn't what I was trying to get at, because the point I was trying to make and failed to state clearly was the undeniable fact that Pence is a religious nutter who is so consumed by his religious beliefs and who might well get his hands on the nuclear codes one day and if that ever happened then lets just hope that his god doesn't start talking to him, things could get a bit interesting if that situation ever arose.

TBF the syrup story is parody, but the story about how he won't have closed door, one on one meetings with women is real.

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

TBF the syrup story is parody, but the story about how he won't have closed door, one on one meetings with women is real.

In the current climate I don't altogether blame him.

And "TBF"? F for factual presumably.

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Wasn't Reagan a religous nutter with Armageddon fantasies?

I don't believe that one nutter can destroy the world on the basis of his imagined message from God even if he is the President. But agreed that,  just in case, a Spence presidency is to be avoided.

9 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

In the current climate I don't altogether blame him.

And "TBF"? F for factual presumably.

"to be fair"

Also, it's Pence, not Spence, for what it's worth.

27 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Wasn't Reagan a religous nutter with Armageddon fantasies?

I don't believe that one nutter can destroy the world on the basis of his imagined message from God even if he is the President. But agreed that,  just in case, a Spence presidency is to be avoided.

My own personal view is that Pence is infinitely more dangerous than Reagan ever was.

There is no doubt in my mind the rhetoric spouted by Trump particularly at rally's is an enticement to some to get violent. Can you blame Trump when they act, yes to an extent, but to me the concept is festering in their mind, and hate and nastiness seems to be a common trait universally,  the explosive is there  it just takes someone to light the fuse.

I go back to my own time as an active attending Hearts supporter, there was always pride of team but never certainly in my sphere the apparent hatred that exists now. Read JKB or Hibs net, words such as scum, thieves, druggies, bigots are common, I know I know its all banter, well if one of my acquaintances called me scum, or from a professional standpoint filth, I would have responded with considerable violence, and thats only support of a football team. Imagine you are in a country where there are racial differences, religious differences, economic differences, and you have a leader who may or not be, but you as an individual believe he is  encouraging you to get violent, access to weapons, opportunity and desire are all it takes as is happening in the States for the worst to happen. Its way above my pay grade but the first thing I would be investigating or researching is what is the cause of this violence and hatred installed in people now, find that out, cure that, and possibly the world could be a better place.

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, Ugly American said:

"to be fair"

Also, it's Pence, not Spence, for what it's worth.

I know what TBF stands for. My point was that it was not a judgement about fair or unfair but whether it was factual or not.

Apologies for the surplus S.

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

My own personal view is that Pence is infinitely more dangerous than Reagan ever was.

Infinitely? My point was that I don't believe that Reagan in a senile moment or Nixon in a drunken moment or a future Pence in a moment of inspiration from god could really grab the nuclear football and destroy the world.

Even America isn't that crazy.

49 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

Interesting point on the "Media's Hypocrisy". FOX News and Trump always insist that other networks purposely ignore incidents that don't help their "narrative" (such as Islamic terrorist attacks) yet after the Squirrel Hill shooting a few days ago, CNN gave extensive coverage to it whilst FOX focused on Trump holding a rally in Illinois.

Hypocrisy by FOX surely?

Edited by peter_hmfc

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/oct/29/julia-ioffe-cnn-commentator-says-trump-has-radical/

At the end of the day, despite his daily Eric Cartman impressions and despite the thrashing on both sides, Trump will likely win re-election in 2020.

In part because of the economy but also because the American left can't seem to separate itself from campus culture; be it transgender bathrooms or obscene moral equivalence like this. It's like they don't want to be taken seriously by middle America.  

5 hours ago, Mark M said:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/oct/29/julia-ioffe-cnn-commentator-says-trump-has-radical/

At the end of the day, despite his daily Eric Cartman impressions and despite the thrashing on both sides, Trump will likely win re-election in 2020.

In part because of the economy but also because the American left can't seem to separate itself from campus culture; be it transgender bathrooms or obscene moral equivalence like this. It's like they don't want to be taken seriously by middle America.  

Always good to get your news from a source wholly owned by a religious marriage cult.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)