U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

Governor Tarkin
9 hours ago, DVB said:

Wonder if the public had a choice to be PM out of Boris, Teresa or Jeremy, who they would vote for.

My money would be Boris.

Absolutely nailed on.

It seems people have difficulty distinguishing between an affable buffoon who occasionally guest presents comedy panel game shows and a conniving, entitled, lying, self-interested, b*astard.

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Governor Tarkin
19 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Is that the big black guy who uncovered the windrush? If it is I agree wholeheartedly. 

Don't think he uncovered it but he got stuck right in.

Good guy.

1 hour ago, alfajambo said:

Absolutely.

The real Russia scandal?

The Clinton campaign paid for the fake Russia dossier, then lied about it and covered it up.

You got any proof for this claim?

Pro tip. Info Wars ain't proof.

maroonlegions
This government,(Mays), approving and welcoming of a deeply unpopular and known RACIST and FASCIST is what SHAMES Britain. More than 250 thousand people took to the streets to protest in London, That is a damning incitement on this Government. This is a man who thinks nothing of women, thinks nothing of locking up children in cages and who is a very dangerous man who  is seriously threatening global stability and peace.

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:
This government,(Mays), approving and welcoming of a deeply unpopular and known RACIST and FASCIST is what SHAMES Britain. More than 250 thousand people took to the streets to protest in London, That is a damning incitement on this Government. This is a man who thinks nothing of women, thinks nothing of locking up children in cages and who is a very dangerous man who  is seriously threatening global stability and peace.

The BBC repeatedly described the London demonstration as consisting of "tens of thousands". By London standards that isn't large and much larger demonstrations (on issues which more directly affect Britain and over which the British Parliament has control) have either been ignored or much less fully covered.by the BBC and other media.

Francis Albert
52 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Nice to see Mueller closing in on Trump. Collusion will be proved imo. 

So much easier to rely on Muelller "closing in on Trump" (rather slowly it has to be said) than engage in effective and  credible political opposition with a clear alternative.

While of course engaging in pointless childish stunts which can only strengthen his support among those who voted for him.

Edited by Francis Albert

19 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

So much easier to rely on Muelller "closing in on Trump" (rather slowly it has to be said) than engage in effective and  credible political opposition with a clear alternative.

While of course engaging in pointless childish stunts which can only strengthen his support among those who voted for him.

His knuckleheads don't care about his campaigns collusion and treasonous acts I know. I like the angry Trump baby blimp btw. 

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

His knuckleheads don't care about his campaigns collusion and treasonous acts I know. I like the angry Trump baby blimp btw. 

Calling ALL of his voters "knuckleheads", "thick racists" etc is another sure vote loser.

Edited by Francis Albert

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Calling ALL of his voters "knuckleheads", "thick racists" etc is another sure vote winner.

He never called anybody a thick racist FA

maroonlegions

If those shocked and offended by a Trump blimp but weren't shocked and offended when he mocked a disabled journalist, then there is something seriously wrong with such people.

5 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

That's a superb read. What Trump, and Farage, and Salvini, and Orban are doing has happened many times before. Step by step, drip by drip. We're all taught about it at school; then apparently half of us can't even see it happening right in front of us, in plain sight.

In his interview with The Sun, and again at his press conference, Trump invoked specifically white nationalist themes. "Immigration is bad... because it's changing the culture". And singling out Sadiq Khan, for reasons which should be abundantly obvious. 

Unless Trump is removed, the Western alliance, which has preserved peace in the West since 1945, is going to break - because Putin demands it. Without US protection, what becomes of Europe? What becomes of the UK? Meanwhile, it's now been revealed that the very same day Trump stood at a press conference and invited Russia to hack Hillary Clinton's campaign... it turns out, they did just that. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/13/us/politics/mueller-indictment-russian-intelligence-hacking.html?action=click&module=Ribbon&pgtype=Article

Also contained in Mueller's latest set of indictments is this. And it's rather horrifying.

DiCJHbsVQAADNkI.jpg

It is absolutely plausible that Russia, with the Trump campaign's help, hacked the electoral and voting process itself. It is also increasingly plausible - no, scratch that, it's blindingly obvious - that Trump didn't become President by chance, but thanks to a multi-layered criminal conspiracy. Which also involved Brexit. And unlike the US, the UK isn't even investigating. 

When criminal conspiracies change election results, bad things will follow. Very very bad things. And still, we continue to sleepwalk. And still, many (including some on this thread) deny it's even happening.

Hasn't the drip drip been going on before Trump.

And if we are  concerned about foreign influence on the white house there were far more obvious contributions made to the Clinton campaign from regimes that make Russia look liberal.

I'm not saying don't criticise Trump.

But this sleepwalking involves more than just being oblivious to Trump.

That he is blatant about it makes him less of a threat than those who claim they stand against what he represents but are just the same.

Preserving peace in the West by the way has been at the expense of nearly every other region in the world.

And that has been to further US hegemony and carried out by presidents who claim to be progressive.

47 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Think he was generalizing the response given to Trump supporters and brexit voters etc.

1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

You got any proof for this claim?

Pro tip. Info Wars ain't proof.

It's on public record I believe.

Just now, jake said:

Think he was generalizing the response given to Trump supporters and brexit voters etc.

Nope. He misquoted him.

5 minutes ago, jake said:

Na .

Look for yourself.

It's not hard.

You said it was public record Jake.

Please provide me with the proof. I ain't doing your legwork for you pal.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

I didn't say he did. I quoted his point and made my own point extending it to include another common generalisation about Trump voters

Just now, Notts1874 said:

You said it was public record Jake.

Please provide me with the proof. I ain't doing your legwork for you pal.

Don't then.

I couldn't care less.

It's easily found .

You are the one casting doubt on Alfas post.

And knowing full well that reports were funded by the Clinton campaign.

It does not suit your outlook so now you will try being arsey about it.

Not for us to concern about FBI and Obama collusion during a presidential campaign because it's only trump who is fascist.

Here's a pro tip.

Type in Russian dossier and clinton and a variety of articles from a variety of publications will set you right.

And free me from semantics.

Just now, Francis Albert said:

I didn't say he did. I quoted his point and made my own point extending it to include another common generalisation about Trump voters

He knew that.

And instead of being a grown up and seeing the point Notts would take you down a route as if he was a lawyer looking for a loophole.

1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text

The worst thing about the baby thing is that it will effect no change.

The best thing about I hope is that people ask themselves if this is the best opposition can come up with.

Cos it's spotty student stuff

7 minutes ago, jake said:

He knew that.

And instead of being a grown up and seeing the point Notts would take you down a route as if he was a lawyer looking for a loophole.

6 minutes ago, Barack said:

Cheers boss. Money well spent then?

15 minutes ago, jake said:

He knew that.

What are you dribbling on about now. He misquoted him and did so on purpose is my bet.

Just watching Sky news and an interview with a woman protesting in Edinburgh. She gives her reason for protesting but includes swearing in it. The hypocrisy and irony reeks from the likes of her. 

Edited by Dannie Boy

The Real Maroonblood
57 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Just watching Sky news and an interview with a woman protesting in Edinburgh. She gives her reason for protesting but includes swearing in it. The hypocrisy and irony reeks from the likes of her. 

She swore.

The woman has no morals.:happy:

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

Indeed 

Trump  has zero morals. Dont blame the woman for swearing , after all she is protesting at a man who has zero, feck all, diddly squat , big fat zeros for any kind of respect towards women. 

Edited by maroonlegions

2 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

What are you dribbling on about now. He misquoted him and did so on purpose is my bet.

No he didn't and you know he didn't.

But you bet away .

Trump  has zero morals. Dont blame the woman for swearing , after all she is protesting at a man who has zero, feck all, diddly squat , big fat zeros for any kind of respect towards women. 

Where’s the moral line? The point being don’t used words or phrases like “ I hate Trump because he’s a ***** 

some of the banners and comments from those protesting are steeped in irony and hypocrisy. 

1 minute ago, jake said:

No he didn't and you know he didn't.

But you bet away .

He did. You crack on though sunshine as I'm watching the football.

You just can’t help yourself. You do your cause no good when you post a disgusting thing like that. You are just as bad as Trump!! Silly me for asking where the moral line is it appears like Trump you have no morals.

Edited by Dannie Boy
Removal of disgusting misogynistic immoral picture.

maroonlegions
13 minutes ago, jake said:

Oh the irony

Aye her deserves it, irony that is but yanks like his breed dont do irony, fecking tough shite.

You are either at it as a troll or are a Trump apologist  , either way down playing any protest or anger towards this lunatic  is bad trolling and not in good taste. Ask those woman or children he has disrespected. Irony aye. :bolt:

Hows this, bit rude but who gives a feck.

Only in Edinburgh,(Scotland)..

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

maroonlegions
22 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

You just can’t help yourself. You do your cause no good when you post disgusting thing like that. You are just as bad as Trump!!

You are too precious sweet heart.

Trump is one disgusting individual but you know that. 

3 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

If those shocked and offended by a Trump blimp but weren't shocked and offended when he mocked a disabled journalist, then there is something seriously wrong with such people.

:rofl:

Sorry but does this actually need to be pointed out to people?

His fans aren't shocked by him exploiting the Paris attacks for some deluded pro-gun agenda, they're not shocked when he claims he doesn't know the KKK, they're not shocked when he gives legitimation to the living breathing verminous disease that is Alex Jones, they're not shocked at his "mud huts" and "rapists" comments, or his "very fine people" comments...

... but they're offended by a balloon.

Clowns.

You are too precious sweet heart.

Trump is one disgusting individual but you know that. 

Just as you are. You are no better than him when you post pictures like that. 

3 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

Yeah.

Except she never stigmatised the entire country of Mexico by lighting them as rapists, murderers and drug-runners, when in fact the drug cartels are funded by American demands for drugs, and are armed almost entirely thanks to the Second Amendment.

Those trying to escape Mexico into the USA are fleeing the same cartels that Americans are funding and arming. He won't say anything about the Americans buying drugs though will he, and he absolutely sure as night and day won't do anything about guns.

58 dead, 800+ injured in Vegas, and bump stocks are still largely legal, Ernesto getting killed in Tijuana isn't going to register to him.

To say maroonlegions is comparable to Trump is beyond deluded. Carry on though.

Edited by peter_hmfc

18 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Aye her deserves it, irony that is but yanks like his breed dont do irony, fecking tough shite.

You are either at it as a troll or are a Trump apologist  , either way down playing any protest or anger towards this lunatic  is bad trolling and not in good taste. Ask those woman or children he has disrespected. Irony aye. :bolt:

Hows this, bit rude but who gives a feck.

Only in Edinburgh,(Scotland)..

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

Not trolling.

Not a trump apologist.

You posted about a man having zero respect for women.

Then posted a picture which showed a woman performing oral on a man to mock her.

That's ironic don't you think?

Just now, jake said:

Not trolling.

Not a trump apologist.

You posted about a man having zero respect for women.

Then posted a picture which showed a woman performing oral on a man to mock her.

That's ironic don't you think?

Is maroonlegions as powerful as Trump?

Or are Trumps comments and actions somewhat more influential than ML on JKB?

9 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

No and yes.

If you are going to judge someone about not respecting women then use a derogatory image of a woman to make a point is that ironic?

Just now, jake said:

No and yes.

If you are going to judge someone about not respecting women then use a derogatory image of a woman to make a point is that ironic?

Even if it is ironic Alanis, is posting a photo on a football messageboard as powerful and influential as being the most powerful man in the world and making such comments, or should Trump have been significantly more careful to what he says knowing his influence?

2 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

Even if it is ironic Alanis, is posting a photo on a football messageboard as powerful and influential as being the most powerful man in the world and making such comments, or should Trump have been significantly more careful to what he says knowing his influence?

Of course .

Alanis ?

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Despite you presumably not being one of the "numbskulls" who voted for Trump ( I am not quoting you) you seem to have some difficulty understanding the meaning of "quote" and thus "misquote". I used  the quote function to perfectly replicate not selectively but in whole  the post I was quoting. I then expressed my own opinion. 

Edited by Francis Albert

John Findlay
3 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

I'm sure Trump was gutted at all those protesters in Edinburgh when he's at Turnberry and the American consulate was closed today. Total waste of a protest today. Trump piss ing himself laughing whilst eating his dinner this evening.

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Despite you presumably not being one of the "numbskulls" who voted for Trump ( I am not quoting you) you seem to have some difficulty understanding the meaning of "quote" and thus "misquote". I used  the quote function to perfectly replicate not selectively but in whole  the post I was quoting. I then expressed my own opinion. 

shaun.lawson
17 hours ago, alfajambo said:

Absolutely.

The real Russia scandal?

The Clinton campaign paid for the fake Russia dossier, then lied about it and covered it up.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The FBI investigation into Russian interference in the US election started before the Steele Dossier was even written. The Steele Dossier is irrelevant to the ongoing investigation, which has now indicted 32 people. And there's plenty, plenty, plenty more to come.

Rather embarrassing to see others, however well-intentioned, swallow your never-ending lies and nonsense. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/21/us/politics/fact-check-trump-russia-investigation-steele-dossier.html

Edited by shaun.lawson

Nookie Bear
16 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

Obviously not, but he will be influential to those around him and is therefore just as much a role model to them as Trump. 

It starts at home, no?

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)