Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even letting him hold her hand ffs.

Just how far will the 'special relationship' go ?

I think there is more to it than meets the eye.

If you look at the footage, both of them are looking down at the ground when Trump reaches for her hand, he then clearly takes her hand with both of his hands, in what looks like a steadying action, also the path is descending, so maybe the path was wet or slippy, I don't know, just putting it out there, but from what I saw on the TV it was more like Trump was being chivalrous rather than anything else.

nintchdbpict000297467420-e1485552822260.

I think there is more to it than meets the eye.

If you look at the footage, both of them are looking down at the ground when Trump reaches for her hand, he then clearly takes her hand with both of his hands, in what looks like a steadying action, also the path is descending, so maybe the path was wet or slippy, I don't know, just putting it out there, but from what I saw on the TV it was more like Trump was being chivalrous rather than anything else.

nintchdbpict000297467420-e1485552822260.

Perhaps her hand just got in the way of her pussy.

You are I am afraid losing me. I said I thought it was a little misogynist precisely because I though it unlikely that a similar image of Cameron or Boris or (stretching credibility) Corbyn would have appeared. I may be wrong about that but if so it doesn't follow that I am chauvinist or sexist.

You may have thought it unlikely, but if the cartoon appeared when David Cameron was PM would you have asked the same question, and would you have felt the need to refer to the fact that the PM was a man?  I don't believe you would.

The cartoon may have been lame and/or vulgar as another poster described it, but it wasn't misogynistic and it was relevant to the comments made earlier in the thread, as well as having something to say about the direction that the relationship between the two countries might possibly take.  ;)

By the way, if a cartoon had appeared with Hillary Clinton in a similar position to the PM, others may have complained about it, but I wouldn't.

I genuinely wouldn't....

Of course you wouldn't.

You wouldn't take offence either, though, and we can all take that to the bank.  ;)

I must admit I didn't laugh at Steve Bell's cartoon, but I didn't take offence at it either.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I like how the Trump Muslamic (sic) ban is affecting Mo Farah. It's a good thing that we can personify how stupid this ban is.

I like how the Trump Muslamic (sic) ban is affecting Mo Farah. It's a good thing that we can personify how stupid this ban is.

Oh yeah, that well integrating Somalian population in Minnesota. Who wouldn't want to import a population that as a sign of integration inbtheir short time there has provided an obscenely high rate of Isis recruits, stabbing attacks in shopping centres and would like to live under Sharia (see the Ami Horowitz National Review report Somalians in Minessota on YouTube if you don't believe)

Closer to home I must say some gold medals make fgm much more palatable.

Of course you wouldn't.

You wouldn't take offence either, though, and we can all take that to the bank. ;)

I must admit I didn't laugh at Steve Bell's cartoon, but I didn't take offence at it either.

I'm not actually a supporter of the tories or Theresa May so it's not a case of being personally offended.

Francis Albert

You may have thought it unlikely, but if the cartoon appeared when David Cameron was PM would you have asked the same question, and would you have felt the need to refer to the fact that the PM was a man?  I don't believe you would.

The cartoon may have been lame and/or vulgar as another poster described it, but it wasn't misogynistic and it was relevant to the comments made earlier in the thread, as well as having something to say about the direction that the relationship between the two countries might possibly take.  ;)

By the way, if a cartoon had appeared with Hillary Clinton in a similar position to the PM, others may have complained about it, but I wouldn't.

Given the meaning of the word misogyny I would obviously not have used it in relation to man on man action, like Trump on Cameron.

Unless "hatred or fear of women" is now considered too gender-specific and misogyny has to be redefined.

But I guess some might have called it homophobic!

Perhaps her hand just got in the way of her pussy.

Turns out I might have been right that there was more to it, as it's been revealed overnight that Trump suffers from a condition known as Bathophobia (not made up, a real phobia) which is a fear of depths and can affect people when they go down a slope or down stairs resulting in them having to hold onto something to steady themselves.

Knew there was a reason, you could clearly see that he, maybe both were unsteady at the top of the slope.

Over the coming days, real life stories will emerge of ordinary people being affected by this blanket ban.

Example - A man born in Libya but lives and works in the US, has done for years, he has an American born wife and American born children, but just so happened to have been out of the US when this ban came into force.

He now finds himself unable to get back into America, by virtue of his place of birth, he's banned.  What happens to that family now?

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that there will be thousands of similar cases.

Turns out I might have been right that there was more to it, as it's been revealed overnight that Trump suffers from a condition known as Bathophobia (not made up, a real phobia) which is a fear of depths and can affect people when they go down a slope or down stairs resulting in them having to hold onto something to steady themselves.

Knew there was a reason, you could clearly see that he, maybe both were unsteady at the top of the slope.

He is also a germaphobe.

At a guess, I suspect he possibly suffers from one or two other phobias. Perhaps even some other kind of mental disorders.

I assume he has banned himself from buying a gun?

He is also a germaphobe.

At a guess, I suspect he possibly suffers from one or two other phobias. Perhaps even some other kind of mental disorders.

I assume he has banned himself from buying a gun?

Would not be surprised in the least of that.

Over the coming days, real life stories will emerge of ordinary people being affected by this blanket ban.

Example - A man born in Libya but lives and works in the US, has done for years, he has an American born wife and American born children, but just so happened to have been out of the US when this ban came into force.

He now finds himself unable to get back into America, by virtue of his place of birth, he's banned. What happens to that family now?

I've got an American wife and an American-born child. Don't live there at moment, but pretty good chance we will (or would have...) live(d) there again at some point. I have financial assets over there. I'm concerned enough at what is happening, but luckily have options. Many people will not.

Truly ****ing scary.

Aye, sure.

Oh yeah, that well integrating Somalian population in Minnesota. Who wouldn't want to import a population that as a sign of integration inbtheir short time there has provided an obscenely high rate of Isis recruits, stabbing attacks in shopping centres and would like to live under Sharia (see the Ami Horowitz National Review report Somalians in Minessota on YouTube if you don't believe)

Of these banned countries, not one citizen of these countries have carried out a terror attack in America.

That article goes on about refugees, but as far as I'm aware anyone from the banned countries list isn't being allowed into the US, whether there're refugees or not, such as the 6 people who were refused to board a US bound plane leaving Cairo Airport, they weren't refugees, nor are the hundreds of people with valid visa's for work or study in the US refugees.

That article goes on about refugees, but as far as I'm aware anyone from the banned countries list isn't being allowed into the US, whether there're refugees or not, such as the 6 people who were refused to board a US bound plane leaving Cairo Airport, they weren't refugees, nor are the hundreds of people with valid visa's for work or study in the US refugees.

Holiday makers Cannae get hame, if they have a stop off in the US. The 2nd Amendment may actual be needed to bring this tool down. Edited by aussieh

The Real Maroonblood

He now finds himself unable to get back into America, by virtue of his place of birth, he's banned.  What happens to that family now?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-38786119

Seymour M Hersh

Trump has only implemented a campaign promise. Those who voted for him will be pleased those against him not so much. No when it all comes out in the wash most or all of it might be thrown out by using current law & constitutional arguments to overturn it. I'm guessing wildly but Trump may accept this and just say he did as he promised (to his supporters) but the "establishment" did their collective worst. And if it can't be overturned then he'll still win.

Geoff Kilpatrick

:cornette:

The point being that someone like Mo Farah is classed in the same category as everyone else born in his country. Maybe all Brits will get banned when Trump takes offence at John Oliver.

Still, they're only Muslims so who cares in your world.

Trump has only implemented a campaign promise. Those who voted for him will be pleased those against him not so much. No when it all comes out in the wash most or all of it might be thrown out by using current law & constitutional arguments to overturn it. I'm guessing wildly but Trump may accept this and just say he did as he promised (to his supporters) but the "establishment" did their collective worst. And if it can't be overturned then he'll still win.

But none of this helps the people affected here and now by this ban, the people who have for example connecting flights in the USA who now can't get that flight and can't get home, what happens to them, they can't wait for a few months on this getting sorted out.  What about the thousands of people who live & work in the US, have families there but were out of the US when this ban came into force, they can't get home to the US either, which means their families have probably lost the bread winner, they can't wait months on this getting sorted either.

If i was part of his security team at the moment, i would be cacking my breeks. I honestly believe he has a good chance of being assassinated and another terrorist incident is on the horizon. There can be few people on the planet as divisive as Trump.

What promise?

Of these banned countries, not one citizen of these countries have carried out a terror attack in America.

It's a ridiculous, scatter gun, policy that is badly thought out and unworkable.

Unfortunately he has nobody around him who seems to want to confront him on it (yet).

Seems to have been lost in all the row about the immigration ban, but Donald Trump has signed yet another executive order, this time about how he's going to defeat ISIS.

Remember during the election campaign he kept saying that he had a plan on how to defeat ISIS and that he knew better than all the Generals, but he was keeping it a secret, well he's now revealed his plan.

And his plan is, to get his Generals and Security Advisors to come up with a plan on how to defeat ISIS and he wants the plan within 30 days.

Wow, great plan Donald, so in other words he didn't have a plan, never had a plan and was just lying, but he thinks his Generals can come up with a plan in just 30 days and do what the rest of World has been trying to do for the last 10 years or so, what a fecking clown.

Space Mackerel

Seems to have been lost in all the row about the immigration ban, but Donald Trump has signed yet another executive order, this time about how he's going to defeat ISIS.

Remember during the election campaign he kept saying that he had a plan on how to defeat ISIS and that he knew better than all the Generals, but he was keeping it a secret, well he's now revealed his plan.

And his plan is, to get his Generals and Security Advisors to come up with a plan on how to defeat ISIS and he wants the plan within 30 days.

Wow, great plan Donald, so in other words he didn't have a plan, never had a plan and was just lying, but he thinks his Generals can come up with a plan in just 30 days and do what the rest of World has been trying to do for the last 10 years or so, what a fecking clown.

Wait a minute, did May(hem) and Trump not say on Friday that there would be no more foreign wars like Iraq and Afghanistan in the future?

Seymour M Hersh

But none of this helps the people affected here and now by this ban, the people who have for example connecting flights in the USA who now can't get that flight and can't get home, what happens to them, they can't wait for a few months on this getting sorted out.  What about the thousands of people who live & work in the US, have families there but were out of the US when this ban came into force, they can't get home to the US either, which means their families have probably lost the bread winner, they can't wait months on this getting sorted either.

Short term problem in their (Trump) eyes I suspect. Will make headlines for a little while but will be forgotten soon enough. He's moving very fast on his campaign pledges and it's catching his opponents on the hop.

Francis Albert

Wait a minute, did May(hem) and Trump not say on Friday that there would be no more foreign wars like Iraq and Afghanistan in the future?

To be fair trying to defeat a terrorist organisation which is active across a range Of Nato members is not the same as invading Iraq and Iran to achieve regime change.

To ban Muslims and limit/halt immigration from certain countries.

I didn't realise his promise was focused on specific countries. Banning people based on religion is practically impossible.

Edited by Peebo

Seymour M Hersh

His plan was t get the experts (Military, Intelligence etc) to come up with a plan. He's given them a tight schedule to do so. His experience is all in business and business usually demands plans/projects done in a strict timescale. Personally I'd love to see the MOD put under tight time and financial remits when it comes to our defence budget as the financial overspend and delays are always exorbitant.

As for the rest of the world trying to do it in 10 years. Well what exactly have they done but hold talking clubs and wring their collective hands. 

Seymour M Hersh

I didn't realise his promise was focused on specific countries. Banning people based on religion is practically impossible.

We'll see I suppose. Folk should also remember every president has had the power to ban nations/people etc from entering the USA.

Given the meaning of the word misogyny I would obviously not have used it in relation to man on man action, like Trump on Cameron.

You made the PM's gender an issue.  You posted a comment you'd never have posted if the PM were male.  An uncharitable description of that would be "sexist", but a more benign characterisation would be "chauvinist".  If you are going to accuse the media of sexism, don't be sexist or chauvinist while you're doing so, because that undermines the point you're trying to make.

Short term problem in their (Trump) eyes I suspect. Will make headlines for a little while but will be forgotten soon enough. He's moving very fast on his campaign pledges and it's catching his opponents on the hop.

Not so sure about it being a short term problem, as the courts are involved now and congress is still to pass the executive order, so it's going to stay in the news for quite some time to come.

Maybe forgotten by the US but I can't see ISIS nor the countries being labelled as terrorist countries forgetting this anytime soon, they will remember this.

Trump has just become the best recruiting officer that ISIS has had in years, ISIS as we know are quite adept at using propaganda and will not miss the chance to recruit even more young men from the seven countries banned by making this into a religious ban or whatever.

He's signing lots of executive orders, none of which have been passed by congress yet, so I'd hold fire about catching his opponents on the hop, for the time being.

This is pretty much how it will play out, IMO.

:cornette:

The point being that someone like Mo Farah is classed in the same category as everyone else born in his country. Maybe all Brits will get banned when Trump takes offence at John Oliver.

Still, they're only Muslims so who cares in your world.

I missed your point about mo Fatah having travel issues which I'd agree with is silly. But if you're talking net result as a whole group, then Somali immigration to the west simply isn't the same as Chinese, Indian or Vietnamese. That's just a basic reality about Islamic immigration that is turning the political order in the west on its head.

Mac_fae_Gillie

If i was part of his security team at the moment, i would be cacking my breeks. I honestly believe he has a good chance of being assassinated and another terrorist incident is on the horizon. There can be few people on the planet as divisive as Trump.

I would think Islamic terrorists are happy to let him be for now.

He is creating massive divides and isolating the USA from its present friends and allies, which is pretty much the ISIS mission abroad divide nations get Muslims to look inward rather than mix with others create hate and thus more recruits for ISIS.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)