Lennon leaves Hibs ( updated )

lou

1 hour ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Just a shame that they likely have enough to avoid relegation. 

Gary Holt likely the only one they might go for but they would have to pay. 

Also Ian Mccall might like another go in the top league. 

ian murray might be another shout 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Don Dan

• sadj

• peter_hmfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not a hibs fan.

They are undoubtedly the best rivals you could ever hope to get but my hatred runs deep all the same.

But even i felt uneasy watching the way Lennon has treated Kamberi. In public no less.

Doing what Levein did with Vanecek is different. Player has an absolute nightmare. Gets hooked early in the game, told it's not good enough and to get there act together and that is the end of it. Dropped to the bench but fully aware of the standard expected and backed 100% to sort it.

Lennon has time and time again singled this poor lad out, who is only a youngster for a striker. He has struggled to find the net consistently since the midfield was changed and isn't a target man but is being asked to do just that.

He has been the scapegoat time and time again and obviously the abuse he is suffering publicly is being handed out regularly at training as well.

I don't like it at all. I think it is wrong.

1 minute ago, A Shoreditch Heart said:

it's Strachan's dream job and I can't stand him either - he's a perfect fit for that horrible shower !

Yes

But can he be bothered?

It would be an exciting prospect - for Hibs and Scottish football 

Hopefully it's Ian Murray 

1 minute ago, Bauld said:

I'm not a hibs fan.

They are undoubtedly the best rivals you could ever hope to get but my hatred runs deep all the same.

But even i felt uneasy watching the way Lennon has treated Kamberi. In public no less.

Doing what Levein did with Vanecek is different. Player has an absolute nightmare. Gets hooked early in the game, told it's not good enough and to get there act together and that is the end of it. Dropped to the bench but fully aware of the standard expected and backed 100% to sort it.

Lennon has time and time again singled this poor lad out, who is only a youngster for a striker. He has struggled to find the net consistently since the midfield was changed and isn't a target man but is being asked to do just that.

He has been the scapegoat time and time again and obviously the abuse he is suffering publicly is being handed out regularly at training as well.

I don't like it at all. I think it is wrong.

your point comparing kamberi and vanecek is a good one. It is fair enough once every while calling out your players or singling one out. But lennon was doing that on what seemed like a weekly basis.

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

your point comparing kamberi and vanecek is a good one. It is fair enough once every while calling out your players or singling one out. But lennon was doing that on what seemed like a weekly basis.

There's passion and anger.

Then there is psychosis. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yes

But can he be bothered?

It would be an exciting prospect - for Hibs and Scottish football 

Hopefully it's Ian Murray 

Strachan would be an exiting prospect = for us☺

He is another who needs millions to build a team. He was pathetic as Scotland manager and is so up himself any setbacks are always somebody else's fault.

He did well at Celtic but a trained chimp could win the league with the resources he had there.

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Vanecek has been given a kick up the arse. Levein will now be doing everything in his power to get him firing and has no doubt balanced it with the "arm round the shoulder" approach as well. You could tell when he came on at the end of the StJ game that he was fired up. Probably ran more in those 5 minutes than he did in 35 against dundee.

Kamberi has been kicked to the floor and then had the boot stuck into him continuously after that.

9 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

It goes from bad man-management to something far worse when you start hearing that the players are following Lennon's lead and going beyond banter in their treatment of Kamberi. This is a shocking deriliction of duty of care to their employees from Hibs. You get the impression they would turn a blind eye to any and all of Lennon and his unkempt tramp of an assistant's unsavoury antics as long as the league and cup performances were decent. 

This would never be allowed to occur at Hearts, but then Hibernian is the club where player power got rid of managers before and the same club where yobbish and thuggish, petty criminality from their players is written off as "just young lads letting of steam" and their fans actually ****ing rioting dismissed as "exuberance".

It will be a shame if Lennon leaves Hibs as he is the literal, walking epitome of that club from top to bottom. 

18 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

It will be a shame if Lennon leaves Hibs as he is the literal, walking epitome of that club from top to bottom. 

?% correct Gizmo ?

Regarding Lennon’s comments on the two-bit, small time, Mickey Mouse club, there’s an interview with Stevie Mallan in the Sunday Times today. One of the accompanying photos is him and some team mates having an ice bath. They’re standing in big green recycling bins that say ‘fire prohibited’ with a photocopied A4 saying ‘ICE BATH’ gaffer taped to the front.  I then switch on Sky Sports to hear Kris Boyd talk about H1B5 state of the art facilities! :rofl:

Hagar the Horrible

Who next on the conveyor belt of bangers can we break?

If TLB had gone earlier, he would have been offered other jobs, but now even Hibs have realised internally that his baggage is too heavy to support, now nobody will touch him with the proverbial.    The guy needs help serious help unless Alan Shearer and Dumpster and even the Tache are huge bigots too?????

Seymour M Hersh

I notice the usual suspects (Commons and Provo) are trying to suggest it's just been a heated dressing room argument. Wagons circling to protect their pal Lenny. 

12 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

After today’s result, I say his goose is cooked.

Yh was just saying Dempster will feel justified and the attitude was better than its been for a while from them. 

Where does Lennon go though to re-establish himself as a manger worth giving a job and what level? 

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Yh was just saying Dempster will feel justified and the attitude was better than its been for a while from them. 

Where does Lennon go though to re-establish himself as a manger worth giving a job and what level? 

He won’t get a job now. To many high profile incidents litter his CV. No amount of green mouth wash will rinse that stained CV clean. 

3 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

He won’t get a job now. To many high profile incidents litter his CV. No amount of green mouth wash will rinse that stained CV clean. 

Celtic fans have been at the he’s coming home chat. Would he risk that? I’m not sure. Would Celtic? You’d imagine not , depends on the relationship between the fans and board I guess. Lower league SPFL team - you would imagine they would be very hesitant. League 1 or 2 in England may be an option. Would his baggage harm him down there though? 

2 hours ago, Zico said:

Regarding Lennon’s comments on the two-bit, small time, Mickey Mouse club, there’s an interview with Stevie Mallan in the Sunday Times today. One of the accompanying photos is him and some team mates having an ice bath. They’re standing in big green recycling bins that say ‘fire prohibited’ with a photocopied A4 saying ‘ICE BATH’ gaffer taped to the front.  I then switch on Sky Sports to hear Kris Boyd talk about H1B5 state of the art facilities! :rofl:

To be fair the wheelie bins are widely used as ice baths at training camps.

Plenty photos of EPL players in them online.

3 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

yep here are two current arsenal players in them

4E86D8F100000578-5985397-image-a-86_1532

3 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

I think they'll do much better than that.

Lennon had clearly lost the dressing room. I expect to see an immediate improvement in Hibs' results, starting this afternoon (hope to be proved wrong), by players whose motivation will have had an enormous boost in the past 48 hours. Look at the change in Man U's performance since Mourinho left.

Sorry to see I was not proved wrong.

1 hour ago, iainmac said:

A fine educational establishment! ? 

More an open prison in those days

18 hours ago, Morgan said:

Ftfy

You ever met him Mac?

The guy is a total tube.

Met him once at a golf day.

Gave the impression he thought everyone was hanging on his every word.

Was not happy when he found out my golf handicap was much much lower than his.

2 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

Shoe in for punditry at the bbc then. 

3 hours ago, sadj said:

Celtic fans have been at the he’s coming home chat. Would he risk that? I’m not sure. Would Celtic? You’d imagine not , depends on the relationship between the fans and board I guess. Lower league SPFL team - you would imagine they would be very hesitant. League 1 or 2 in England may be an option. Would his baggage harm him down there though? 

His last stint in England was a real success story. ☺

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Here's his Wiki page. Scroll down to Club Career with clearly states who he supported as a boy and also gives the reason why he didn't sign for Hibs despite being offered the chance by Eddie Turnbull. Ok I know it's Wiki but...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Strachan

Yeah I’ve heard that story about Coco not being happy when Trumbull told them the players bought their own boots, shame eh ?.

4 hours ago, jambogemz said:

Sssh, I’m taking the piss out of H1B5. Like most of those bams, I’m happy to ignore facts in this particular case. 

EasternRossco
5 hours ago, sadj said:

No doubt I'm in the minority but despite the fact I actively despised him as a player and as a manager I don't actively mind him as a pundit. Genuinely just don't think he's mentally stable enough to be a manager as exhibited by the coin throwing and aeroplane incidents. 

3 hours ago, Boris said:

Shoe in for punditry at the bbc then. 

I actually wouldn't mind if he took Kommons' place!

I've heard from a Hibs source that the door is not fully closed to Lennon and he may be allowed back. Everybody deserves a second chance, eh. ?

The Future's Maroon
2 hours ago, JackLadd said:

I've heard from a Hibs source that the door is not fully closed to Lennon and he may be allowed back. Everybody deserves a second chance, eh. ?

Oh the door is firmly closed, bolted and welded shut.....and that’s from Lennons side of the argument.

4 hours ago, EasternRossco said:

No doubt I'm in the minority but despite the fact I actively despised him as a player and as a manager I don't actively mind him as a pundit. Genuinely just don't think he's mentally stable enough to be a manager as exhibited by the coin throwing and aeroplane incidents. 

I actually agree with you. I remember the first time I saw him do it, after leaving the Sellik job IIRC, and thinking what has someone done with Neil Lennon? He made good points based on his playing experience and happily let other people disagree with him. Decidedly un-weltish. It was ******* weird tbh.

chester copperpot
6 hours ago, JackLadd said:

He defo won't be back. Not a chance

58 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Keich Jackson Daily Record article.

Hairdryer, snowflakes, home truths, blah blah...

Shocking piece, clearly by another of Lennon’s media pals, “poor lenny, hubz should be grateful for him bringing them out of the lower leagues”.

Ignores the long running singling out of Kamberi in post match comments, and even brings Cathro into it and the incident with Johnsen to justify his argument that Lennon is being hard done by.

I hate the glasgow media, a big part of the problems in Scottish football 

4 minutes ago, gorgie rools said:

Paul Hurst being lined up to replace him seeming. 

Did he not play for them years ago?

I thought Strachan would be a shoe in. Hope not though as he’d be a good appointment. 

Don’t know much about Hurst tbh.

2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Keich Jackson Daily Record article.

Hairdryer, snowflakes, home truths, blah blah...

I hope we are all ready for when he goes......

There will be a massive PR roll out about effigies, coins, threats, mental illness and sectarianism

40 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

I hope we are all ready for when he goes......

There will be a massive PR roll out about effigies, coins, threats, mental illness and sectarianism

........nothing is ever his fault. A man with a personality problem.

tartofmidlothian
22 hours ago, south morocco said:

Interesting that Lee Makel is there as a coach , never knew that.Grant Murray seems to doing ok there too. 

Alan Combe too. They like an ex Hearts coach over there.

Get Agent Locke or Neilson in to do a job on them. :whistling:

tartofmidlothian

How long ago was it he was being touted as Rodgers' replacement? I heard people saying it just a few weeks ago. If he'd left at the end of last season when he threatened to, he could have walked into a decent Championship level job, his stock was high. Where will he go now?

3 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

How long ago was it he was being touted as Rodgers' replacement? I heard people saying it just a few weeks ago. If he'd left at the end of last season when he threatened to, he could have walked into a decent Championship level job, his stock was high. Where will he go now?

Turnover of managers is so high in England he still has a decent chance there. 

Couple of Hibs fans at work saying him and Dempster had a right old barney after his antics at the last Tynie derby.

Not sure if our beloved SFA's inaction at the time has benefited or worsened the position to where Lennon / Hibs / Dempster are at now.

Edited by DETTY29

9 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

If and it's a massive if in today's social media / fake news he has said sexist / homophobic stuff to his boss, surely no-one related to Scottish football employs him again in form of paid capacity.

Even Celtic.