David Vanecek

dustybin

3 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

I was hearing tonight in hospitality that he doesn’t speak a word of English and his fitness is obviously poor 

This guy has known since July last year he was signing for Hearts in January, the very least he could have done was be at the peak of fitness and have a decent grasp of English.... very poor

Talks a good game on social media for a guy that doesn’t speak any English 

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lambo85

• Cruyff Turn

• Peebo

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, jbee647 said:

I was hearing tonight in hospitality that he doesn’t speak a word of English and his fitness is obviously poor 

This guy has known since July last year he was signing for Hearts in January, the very least he could have done was be at the peak of fitness and have a decent grasp of English.... very poor

I also heard mutterings about his social media activities from a club insider at the weekend. Personally couldn’t care less, but I got a hint they weren’t thrilled with him.

If his fitness is so poor that Levein is highlighting it in public, don’t play him. It’s that simple.

What’s less simple, but also needs addressing is the percentage of signings we make who are not fit or otherwise ready to make an immediate contribution. 

Shooter McGavin

If he is unfit then it’s a disgrace after all the positive things he’s been saying in the media about being desperate to play for us etc. The least I would expect is for him to turn up fit.

His performance tonight was not good enough, their #5 manhandled him for the entire 30 minutes he was on the park and the one time he put up a bit of a fight he got booked and was staring a red in the face. 

30 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

As I said previously, the boy can only fail. Here he is failing after playing some minutes. Built up far too much on here. We have no idea how good or how bad he is and we certainly haven't seen enough to judge him yet. But judged he will be.

You had folk on here saying this boy will make us a load of money before he’s even kicked a ball.

So few folk on here can take a balanced approach it’s incredible.

Either wildly delusional or critical to the extreme.

You still have folk blaming the fans for criticising the boy after a game and a half when the manager has voluntarily humiliated the guy. He could have held on to half time and save the guy some embarrassment but no. Levein is a vindictive ******* at times.

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Hooked

Thrown under a bus more like!!!

Levein has now announced to the world that he is pissed off with his fitness!

So why pick him to start in the last two games??????

He’s clearly unfit and needs to get that up to speed. Levein is damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t though, if he hadn’t started him the last two games then people start to question it so he starts him to go give him a chance and people start questioning starting an unfit player. Admittedly I’m not overly impressed with Leveins handling of it post-match today though, I can only assume it is to try provoke a reaction from him but it’s a gamble, could easily backfire. 

We’re not a top team, signing a multi-million £ player. I don’t expect any of our signings to start

off in a blaze of glory, especially coming from a different league. The guy hasn’t even been around the club for a month, folk shouldn’t be writing him off yet. 

Bums himself up on Instagram for six months then turns up in that sort of shape.

What a f@nny.

Edited by Cut The Crap

23 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Talks a good game on social media for a guy that doesn’t speak any English 

Probably not even him or uses google translate 

Didn’t Levein do the same with Sir Paul? Told him fairly early that he had to get fitter. I have to admit this guy looked desperate to get here and now he is here, it looks like the pace and style of the game has came as a bit of a shock to him. 

5 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

He’s clearly unfit and needs to get that up to speed. Levein is damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t though, if he hadn’t started him the last two games then people start to question it so he starts him to go give him a chance and people start questioning starting an unfit player. Admittedly I’m not overly impressed with Leveins handling of it post-match today though, I can only assume it is to try provoke a reaction from him but it’s a gamble, could easily backfire. 

We’re not a top team, signing a multi-million £ player. I don’t expect any of our signings to start

off in a blaze of glory, especially coming from a different league. The guy hasn’t even been around the club for a month, folk shouldn’t be writing him off yet. 

The bit in bold is an odd way of looking at it. Levein’s job is to pick a team to win games, not to prevent fans asking questions. In any case, I’m not sure many would have questioned a new signing not immediately starting games. 

As for writing him off, I doubt many are. He was honking tonight, as was plain for all to see. We now have an explanation - he wasn’t match fit. There is no sensible explanation, in that case, as to why he was starting games this week, though. 

cardboardcutout

Kissing the badge on social media and all that shit is flattering to deceive if you turn up unfit as f@@k and suggests a lack of professionalism IMO (and leveins)

29 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Thrown under a bus more like!!!

Levein has now announced to the world that he is pissed off with his fitness!

So why pick him to start in the last two games??????

Exactly. He did fine v Livi. Hooking him after 30 odd minutes was bad enough for the lad, no need to go any further. 

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

Surely they are able to assess his fitness in training? 

The exact same thing happened with Danny Amankwaa last year, signed, immediately started games then they decided he wasn't fit enough. Baffling.

A worrying trend that’s for sure!!!

5 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Exactly. He did fine v Livi. Hooking him after 30 odd minutes was bad enough for the lad, no need to go any further. 

To me Levein spat the dummy out and was looking for a fall guy - it was all very Lennonesque!!!

6 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I don’t think he looked all that good v Livingston 

26 minutes ago, Mundaydog said:

Didn’t Levein do the same with Sir Paul? Told him fairly early that he had to get fitter. I have to admit this guy looked desperate to get here and now he is here, it looks like the pace and style of the game has came as a bit of a shock to him. 

I cant remember Levein publically slaughtering Hartley over his fitness!

2 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

hooked

no sign of the physio checking him over

he wasn't great and gave the ball away for the goal but to be fair he was just

getting high balls punted at him from 50 yards away and was marked by a 6' 5" centre half

never once when he's played has somebody got to the byeline and crossed it back for him to attack

early days but got to say he doesn't look a world beater

Our margue signing substituted after 35 minutes and replaced by a 37 year old , tells you everything about our manager , 

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

To me Levein spat the dummy out and was looking for a fall guy - it was all very Lennonesque!!!

He hooked him after 30 minutes and we utter shite for another 60. But he’s singled out DV instead of looking at his pish tactics and subs. Vanecek may as well just hing around for another 18 months picking up a wage. 

2 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

I don’t think he looked all that good v Livingston 

Considering it was his debut and he set up a goal he did alright. Was shite in the first half but Levein was happy to give others the benefit of the doubt.

All roads lead to Gorgie
45 minutes ago, Mundaydog said:

It would not have been too hard for him to watch some Scottish games online or whatever and get a feel for the pace. I would do that before moving and would try to be ready fitness wise knowing what is required. 

Hopefully he has the desire to work hard and prove his new manager wrong, because the things Levein was saying after only a game and a half isn't good. Boys confidence will be on the floor now. 

Strange way of trying to coach but I guess it does work for some players.

Pasquale for King

He really should’ve kept himself fit, he’d only played 16 games so wasn’t in need of a long break. He should’ve been in on New Year’s Day with a fitness coach doing a mini pre season, it’s too late now to realise he’s not fit and doesn’t have any energy.

I hope he will come good and get used to our game, but long high straight balls to his head don’t help. Chances will need to be made for him, can we do that? He’s been used as a scapegoat by the manager and that never ends well.

18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He really should’ve kept himself fit, he’d only played 16 games so wasn’t in need of a long break. He should’ve been in on New Year’s Day with a fitness coach doing a mini pre season, it’s too late now to realise he’s not fit and doesn’t have any energy.

I hope he will come good and get used to our game, but long high straight balls to his head don’t help. Chances will need to be made for him, can we do that? He’s been used as a scapegoat by the manager and that never ends well.

Did u read his Instagram and Twitter posts though ? He made it out he was gagging to join us so much. Sucking up to the fans major. Nothing wrong with that of course, however if (IF) he hasn’t kept himself in shape during these 5 weeks then CL and us supporters have a valid concern. His arse is huge and he looks unfit which given his apparent love for us is troubling. Levein is culpable as well by playing him tonight also which I agree with. I just find it unacceptable that he has pitched up completely unfit which is what we have been told

uche looks as though he’s been beasting the gym which Is the difference.

Vanacek will be getting some workout I’m certain. That’s the first I’ve heard Levein calling a player out in public for being a fat barsteward so it must be fairly serious. I’m with Levein calling this out tbf as it’s his reputation on the line and he’s been let down

Edited by 1971fozzy

3 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Amankwaa mk II. Sign, play some minutes and then disappear for a couple of months to get fit.

Our recruitment is ****ing woeful, and John Murray is to blame for the majority of it.

I thought he'd retired. If he isn't/hasn't it would appear he's not changed and is as "teflonesque" as ever.

Just spotted Levein's comments about him on the BBC website.

Why did he start him then?

It must have been obvious in training each day, hope the lad gets himself as fit as he should be, but what a shambles of a start after all the waiting.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Surely levein and the coaching staff have watched him in training so would know he not fit etc so the question is why play him ?? Head coach to blame for playing him in my opinion 

5 hours ago, JohnB said:

I thought he'd retired. If he isn't/hasn't it would appear he's not changed and is as "teflonesque" as ever.

Nope he's still here. I'm sure Levein said in an interview that Murray had been scouting and Vanecek was his recommendation.

Walter Bishop

Im pretty sure there is 3rd party involvement in our "scouting" process, possibly? 

I genuinely dont think we look at any players we sign in the flesh, all stats and youtube/agent videos. 

The amount of money wasted by Levein has been ridiculous. At the very least he needs to be held accountable for that. 

Edited by Walter Bishop

No wonder Levein is pissed off at the guy if he hasn't played in weeks and he's turned up unfit.

That's unprofessional and completely unacceptable.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, cosanostra said:

No wonder Levein is pissed off at the guy if he hasn't played in weeks and he's turned up unfit.

That's unprofessional and completely unacceptable.

Agree but levein sees him in training so why play him ?

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Agree but levein sees him in training so why play him ?

I guess he's all we have. Half fit Vanacek might be better to start over a fully fit MacLean. Who knows? Weird to start the guy and then slate him for being out of shape.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

I guess he's all we have. Half fit Vanacek might be better to start over a fully fit MacLean. Who knows? Weird to start the guy and then slate him for being out of shape.

Think levein deflecting criticism away from himself on this one 

This is why I hate pre-contract deals.  You’ve no control over who shows up in 6 months time.

That said, Levein has bigged this guy up for months and had the choice to leave him out and protect him if he didn’t feel he was ready (like he did with Clare).  To play him for a game and a half then publicly slate him (knowing that he’s bigged him up and there’s been so much anticipation amongst the supporters) is a poor show.  

9 hours ago, Peebo said:

Why the **** has he started him in the last two games, then? Baffling to hear him come out with that. 

Be fair, the only way to really evaluate his fitness and condition is to see him in games. 90 very average mins on Sunday followed by a poor 30 mins last night and he made the call that the guy isn’t fit enough to play. Seems the right approach to me. Of course some on here will blame Levein for Vanacek turning up out of condition. 

3 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

This is why I hate pre-contract deals.  You’ve no control over who shows up in 6 months time.

That said, Levein has bigged this guy up for months and had the choice to leave him out and protect him if he didn’t feel he was ready (like he did with Clare).  To play him for a game and a half then publicly slate him (knowing that he’s bigged him up and there’s been so much anticipation amongst the supporters) is a poor show.  

Think Levein is very disappointed with Vanacek for the condition he has turned up in. Have to say as soon as I heard he was in Bangkok for over a week just before joining us I was concerned. Not really the best preparation for a new job. 

3 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Has he really bigged him up though ? He’s obviously talked up a new signing but I don’t  think it’s been excessive, especially when you look at our injuries over that period. A few could be wise to remember that wanted CL to spunk a lot of money on this guy. 

25 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Be fair, the only way to really evaluate his fitness and condition is to see him in games. 90 very average mins on Sunday followed by a poor 30 mins last night and he made the call that the guy isn’t fit enough to play. Seems the right approach to me. Of course some on here will blame Levein for Vanacek turning up out of condition. 

Not sure about that. Yeh, he might not be sharp or have the extra 10% and you wouldn't know until he played a game but if he's as out of shape as Levein is suggesting you'd see that fairly clearly on the training ground.

We can’t have the excuses trotted out that he’ll need years to settle in and time to gain his fitness. Is there a 28 day guarantee? To be honest I’d cancel his contract now if we could. He looks useless. 

8 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

We can’t have the excuses trotted out that he’ll need years to settle in and time to gain his fitness. Is there a 28 day guarantee? To be honest I’d cancel his contract now if we could. He looks useless. 

Great pass for the winning goal on sunday.

4 hours ago, Australis...... said:

Just spotted Levein's comments about him on the BBC website.

Why did he start him then?

It must have been obvious in training each day, hope the lad gets himself as fit as he should be, but what a shambles of a start after all the waiting.

Presumably because his other option (who he signed) is 35 year old and can barely move.

43 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

The only way to see evaluate someone’s fitness and condition is to see them in games?!?! I don’t buy that for a second. 

letsalldothebeattie

Can’t blame Levein for hooking maybe lay the blame at him for starting him 2 games in a row knowing he wasn’t up to full fitness expecting him to go again after a month off and two games in short space of time. Vanecek was terrible last night. Hopefully he’s the type of player who will react well to this and comeback fighting rather than take the huff

So what was Vanny doing in Spain? Head tennis, a wee swim about, sunning himself? 5 days warm weather training = fecking jolly. 5 days to assess and make calls and not put the hard paying punters through that debacle last night. Take blame for once in your life Levein!

6 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Did u read his Instagram and Twitter posts though ? He made it out he was gagging to join us so much. Sucking up to the fans major. Nothing wrong with that of course, however if (IF) he hasn’t kept himself in shape during these 5 weeks then CL and us supporters have a valid concern. His arse is huge and he looks unfit which given his apparent love for us is troubling. Levein is culpable as well by playing him tonight also which I agree with. I just find it unacceptable that he has pitched up completely unfit which is what we have been told

uche looks as though he’s been beasting the gym which Is the difference.

Vanacek will be getting some workout I’m certain. That’s the first I’ve heard Levein calling a player out in public for being a fat barsteward so it must be fairly serious. I’m with Levein calling this out tbf as it’s his reputation on the line and he’s been let down

Completely disagree with Leveins comments...he must have known about Vanachek's fitness levels yet still played him. Hooks him, verbally abuses him ...some effing welcome to Hearts....Levein has never been a man manager ...and an one dimension coach...a combination of knock the ball around or hoof it up the park...little pace..and practically no flair sums up Levein...and blaming a new player (who can hardly speak English if that's true) for his own mismanagement is puerile in the extreme. Last night's performance summed up Levein's skills in one game .... 

Sexton Hardcastle

As always a player who got some praise and over hype has now been written off only a few days later.

Classic kickback.

18Jambo_dave74

Don't have a problem with Levein hooking him or calling him out publicly if he's turned up unfit and out of shape as that is totally unprofessional from the player. 

However, if that is the case why did Levein play him - surely if his fitness levels are that poor you dont need to him in a game to know that. 

Harsh to blame the player, it’s the manager that picks team.....he’s been with us around 3 weeks now, played 3 games (including bounce game in Spain).....and now the manager says he’s disappointed in the shape he arrived......sounds like CL passing the buck 

he wasn’t any worse than anyone else on the pitch for that first 35 minutes

CL says he wasn’t holding the ball up, that’s pretty hard when we are playing hoofball and all he’s getting is 50 yard punts 

32 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

As always a player who got some praise and over hype has now been written off only a few days later.

Classic kickback.

Hearts manager is adding fuel to this tbf 

57 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Classic kickback.

Levein hasn't exactly helped here? Hung him out to dry big time.