David Vanecek

dustybin

I feared the worst when he said in an interview that he is a player with no pace but likes a battle. Well he has no pace. And Levein seems to build teams with no pace and one gear. And here we are again. 

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lambo85

• Cruyff Turn

• Peebo

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, red said:

Not writing the guy off at all but first impressions are not good at all. Thought Keena was superb first half 

Keena superb?

15 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

People calling him a fraud after barely two games are just beyond parody. It’s so typical of our current crop of shite fans. 

The same people who no doubt wanked over him and proclaimed him to be the next big thing. 

Its beyond comprehension in all honesty 

13 minutes ago, haj said:

Absolute horse**** from Levein, in my own opinion. Clare gets how many chances to prove himself? Did Vanecek really look like he was going to get sent off? 

Take off our 6ft4 striker half an hour in so we can punt long balls at Maclean and Keena all night. Sound.

He was very lucky not to get a second yellow for a Swan dive in the lead up to the Dundee goal. 

Just now, Hearts1975 said:

Its beyond comprehension in all honesty 

It’s not beyond comprehension at all. Here is why, because of the track record of 75% of our signings being duds. So when a new signing comes in and massively underwhelms we are going to fear the worst. 

Who knows how this guy turns out but Levein constantly signing players with no pace is not a good formula as results are proving. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Not set the heather alight but I thought Beaton was about to send him off for going down easy. That was why I thought he subbed him. 

Nobody in the team team looked good today though, not 1 player.

19 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

hooked

no sign of the physio checking him over

he wasn't great and gave the ball away for the goal but to be fair he was just

getting high balls punted at him from 50 yards away and was marked by a 6' 5" centre half

never once when he's played has somebody got to the byeline and crossed it back for him to attack

early days but got to say he doesn't look a world beater

Who's actually going to do that in this squad though?

1 minute ago, Lambo85 said:

Quote from Levein -

“Not at the races!!”

Very worrying!!!

Either was Levein, should maybe have subbed himself off.

i wish jj was my dad
4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

He was very lucky not to get a second yellow for a Swan dive in the lead up to the Dundee goal. 

That's what I thought. I'm normally very patient with players but he needs his arse kicked for that.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Not fit enough, will need a pre season, get him doon tae Gullane, infact get them all doon to the junes

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Give the lad a chance. 

Exactly!

150 minutes of football and he’s shite?

Aye, he’s played the Scottish game for years, how come he’s not adapting?   After a game and two thirds.  :rolleyes4:

After his part in the first Dundee goal he deserved to get hooked.

In saying that, if Levein is questioning his condition, I’d question why he started.

5 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Quote from Levein -

“Not at the races!!”

Very worrying!!!

FFS, here we go again.  Amankwaa mark II, give him half of his contract to get fit.

6 minutes ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

Levein’s just said to BBC he’s not happy about the fitness and shape that David’s arrived in...

Why the **** has he started him in the last two games, then? Baffling to hear him come out with that. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I wish. He was clueless today. 

If Levein thought that he has come in looking unfit then he shouldn’t have started the last 2 games. Bad management.

Edited by Lambo85

Just now, Morgan said:

Exactly!

Aye, he’s played the Scottish game for years, how come he’s not adapting?   After a game and two thirds.  :rolleyes4:

:spoton:seen enough to say he’s ‘not’ shite but is clearly not used to the game here. Needs time and needs to get much fitter. 

If he’d got hooked for not being at the races... that’s a major worry ! Home league debut vs the bottom team in the league and lasts, what 30 mins. That’s a bad joke!

I know it’s too soon, but, nothing positive except for his instagram and Facebook posts.

Just now, Lambo85 said:

I Levein thought that he has come in looking unfit then he shouldn’t have started the last 2 games. Bad management.

Not only that, he binned Clevid for Shaughnessy and then had to change formation in the 2nd half. His whole selection, tactics and plan at home v Dundee was absolutely appalling. 

5 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

Not fit enough, will need a pre season, get him doon tae Gullane, infact get them all doon to the junes

Poor lass.

To see people complaining about his performance in the Livingston game is partly the reason I stopped going to games. People who have never competed at pub level no matter a professional standard giving their expert opinion really grinds my gears. If you sat down and justly tactically analysed his first game,now remember do it sober not 6 or 7 pints beforehand you would have actually noticed that he held up and distributed effectively the majority of long give the defence a break ball played by the hearts back 4 and managed to bring in runners from midfield. I'm sure Sean Clare is very appreciative of the touch that led to the goal. Throw in a new stadium, first game in different style of football and only 2nd week with his new teammates.what do people want from a free transfer, we ain't gonna get a de vries debut each week.  I  think a certain mr larrson had a pretty bad debut for Celtic and don't think he ended having the worst career.

Just now, Morgan said:

Exactly!

You know what... this is the same old shite we’ve heard ad nauseum with dross like martin and awankwaa.. just to check - he has played professional football though yeah.? .. he didn’t just land from f’g mars?? The scottish game being light years ahead of everyone else of course as well and just soooo fast... clearly he’s pissed the management off tonight.. 

1 minute ago, Lostinwales said:

To see people complaining about his performance in the Livingston game is partly the reason I stopped going to games. People who have never competed at pub level no matter a professional standard giving their expert opinion really grinds my gears. If you sat down and justly tactically analysed his first game,now remember do it sober not 6 or 7 pints beforehand you would have actually noticed that he held up and distributed effectively the majority of long give the defence a break ball played by the hearts back 4 and managed to bring in runners from midfield. I'm sure Sean Clare is very appreciative of the touch that led to the goal. Throw in a new stadium, first game in different style of football and only 2nd week with his new teammates.what do people want from a free transfer, we ain't gonna get a de vries debut each week.  I  think a certain mr larrson had a pretty bad debut for Celtic and don't think he ended having the worst career.

You should tell that to Levein.

Just now, Lostinwales said:

Meanwhile, a game later you’ve have his manager throwing him under a bus telling the public that he’s not looked after himself well enough ahead of joining us. 

1 minute ago, Lostinwales said:

Levein said he was shite on BBC mate 

He was getting sent off if he wasn't hooked. Beaton fancied him for a red and that was what was going to happen. You know what refs are like in this league. 

I don't expect to get beat by dross like Dundee. I'm not even raging, just feeling a bit apathetic. We should start every season hoping to win the league, but if the players aren't going to bother their arses then whats the point? Naismith apparently thinks the squad is too nice. I think he's right. We need some *******s in that dressing room because this is utterly unacceptable. 

And where the **** was Dikamona. Poor guy puts his body through hell to help us to a derby win at easter road and Levein drops him for the new guy whose been here, what.. 2 minutes? Nah. **** off. Clevid. In. Now. 

Seymour M Hersh
34 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Waiting for the inevitable “out for the rest of the season with mystery injury” quote from Levein.

Inevitable you say?  Jesus wept. :facepalm:

6 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Why the **** has he started him in the last two games, then? Baffling to hear him come out with that. 

Because we have steven maclean as an alternative. 

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Inevitable you say?  Jesus wept. :facepalm:

To be fair, I had “he’s not as fit as I’d like him to be” on my bingo card as well ?

If levein is pissed at him then he will have trouble coming back in. turning up un fit is as unprofessional as it comes. It will not go down well.

With look an CL’s face. When he went off iam not sure if it was sheer disappointment in the player or a f@@k me what have I done (again) moment .

there was a 5-10 second shot in the dug out focussed on CL with DV in the back ground. DV starring blankly towards school end and the play at a the other end....think he realises he’s been rumbled 

Seymour M Hersh
6 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Not only that, he binned Clevid for Shaughnessy and then had to change formation in the 2nd half. His whole selection, tactics and plan at home v Dundee was absolutely appalling. 

I'm hoping he's letting Clevid's thigh strain heal better. 

1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Because we have steven maclean as an alternative. 

So we should be playing someone so out of shape that Levein publically slates him about 120 minutes into his Hearts career instead? Nah, not for me. 

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, Peebo said:

It is just incredible. Not satisfied with his fitness? Didn't Craig think to test his fitness before starting him?

This is our marquee signing of the season, for whom we have been waiting for six months. And our signing policy stresses that players must have the right character and attitude? And he turns up unfit and our esteemed coaching staff don't spot it until it is too late?

Edited by Francis Albert

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I'm hoping he's letting Clevid's thigh strain heal better. 

Hope so. Shaughnessy was terrible. At least Soapy is back. 

2 minutes ago, Peebo said:

So we should be playing someone so out of shape that Levein publically slates him about 120 minutes into his Hearts career instead? Nah, not for me. 

Agreed. If he's so out of shape Levein shouldn't have started him. Instead he's flung him under the bus whilst again dodging any responsibility himself. We only need our strikers to be in top shape as they are expected to spend 90 minutes aimlessly chasing long punts down the field .

Edited by Taffin

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Hope so. Shaughnessy was terrible. At least Soapy is back. 

He was doing okay until his shitemare for their 2nd . His head went after that.