David Vanecek

dustybin

I know David Vanecek is available for Sunday's cup tie, would it have mattered i. e. cup tied if he had played in a cup competition with Teplice this season or is it only an issue if he had played in a cup competition in Scotland? 

Unsure of the rules on this. 

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lambo85

• Cruyff Turn

• Peebo

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

... has had a foot amputated after being bitten by a Komodo Dragon... was what I expected to see.     What with the way this season has gone.

Edited by Victorian

9 minutes ago, Victorian said:

... has had a foot amputated after being bitten by a Komodo Dragon... was what I expected to see.     What with the way this season has gone.

Has he visited the Zoo ?

Only if a player has played in that actual competition for someone else. So if you have played for one team in the Scottish League Cup you can still play for another team in the Scottish Cup.

To be honest with the introduction of transfer windows and the increase in overseas transfers, this rule feels pretty redundant. It's hardly like teams are getting to the final then going out and buying half a team to try and win the final.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Has he visited the Zoo ?

Nah, he's been told to stay clear of ER. 

4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Fancy the big man to score tomorrow.

Looking for us to thump them after the last result against them. 

1 hour ago, Oliver Twist said:

Has he visited the Zoo ?

No Komodo Dragons at Edinburgh Zoo. An ill-tempered meerkat could have escaped and chewed off one of his testicles though.

Jambof3tornado
4 hours ago, Victorian said:

I'm more concerned that he seems to be getting the van or van man nickname on the match thread!!

3 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

No Komodo Dragons at Edinburgh Zoo. An ill-tempered meerkat could have escaped and chewed off one of his testicles though.

Meerkats don’t chew testicles they only kiss and caress them,allegedly.

1 minute ago, obua said:

Meerkats don’t chew testicles they only kiss and caress them,allegedly.

Sorry, my mistake. I meant a squirrel monkey.

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Sorry, my mistake. I meant a squirrel monkey.

You win ,my wife just said what’s so funny.I did laugh out loud.

1 minute ago, obua said:

You win ,my wife just said what’s so funny.I did laugh out loud.

:D

The imagery is as important as the words.  

4 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

How does that compare?

6 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

How does that compare?

Favourably. Neither Meerkats nor Squirrel Monkeys are venomous. ?

2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Do you often compare the meerkats?

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Do you often compare the meerkats?

Yes, yes... ?

*insert some sort of meerkat pun here*

14 hours ago, Victorian said:

:rofl::rofl:

neary spat out my coffee reading this 

1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

6/1 1st goalscorer 13/2 anytime Jon

Those odds can’t be right. Better odds for scoring anytime than first ???‍♂️

5 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Those odds can’t be right. Better odds for scoring anytime than first ???‍♂️

The lad has got confused somehow. Bet365 have these prices:

6/1 First goal 

21/10 Anytime

12/1 to score 2+

66/1 for a Hatrick 

They didn’t have a price for him to get sent off or pop his cruciate ligament!

16 hours ago, dustybin said:

I know David Vanecek is available for Sunday's cup tie, would it have mattered i. e. cup tied if he had played in a cup competition with Teplice this season or is it only an issue if he had played in a cup competition in Scotland? 

Unsure of the rules on this. 

Ann Budge question circa 2013?

33 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The lad has got confused somehow. Bet365 have these prices:

6/1 First goal 

21/10 Anytime

12/1 to score 2+

66/1 for a Hatrick 

They didn’t have a price for him to get sent off or pop his cruciate ligament!

It's actually slightly better than that, 14/1 for 2+ and 80/1 for a hat trick. Would definitely wait until the team is announced though. 

10 minutes ago, Igglepiggle said:

It's actually slightly better than that, 14/1 for 2+ and 80/1 for a hat trick. Would definitely wait until the team is announced though. 

Yeah, I've copied over the Steven Naismith stats while half awake! Levein has said that Vanacek will start and if he doesn't a first goal scorer bet would be refunded, presuming someone scored before he came on.

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Yeah, I've copied over the Steven Naismith stats while half awake! Levein has said that Vanacek will start and if he doesn't a first goal scorer bet would be refunded, presuming someone scored before he came on.

?

Was more meaning for 2+ or hat trick bets, last thing you want is someone coming on for the last 5 minutes! Hadn't realised Levein has said he'll start though. 

1 minute ago, Igglepiggle said:

?

Was more meaning for 2+ or hat trick bets, last thing you want is someone coming on for the last 5 minutes! Hadn't realised Levein has said he'll start though. 

Yeah, I don't do goal scorer bets very often but have had BetBuilder bets voided as I've not checked the team before kick off! I feel like everyone is expecting a Vanacek goal today, hope the big fella lives up to the hype.

Mr David Vanacek will announce his arrival to Scottish football today, any interview I have read he cannot wait to be unleashed. 

He plays, he scores, hopefully a couple or a wee hat-trick, nae pressure,simples....

5 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

Mr David Vanacek will announce his arrival to Scottish football today, any interview I have read he cannot wait to be unleashed. 

He plays, he scores, hopefully a couple or a wee hat-trick, nae pressure,simples....

This in spades

10 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Neither is a komodoo dragon its lethality comes from it very bad infectious saliva, a la popcorn teeth, which causes the victim of its bite to get a really bad infection  of the bite/wound ... according to D. Attenborough... if I remember correctly. They will follow the wounded victim for nearly a whole game certainly more than 45 mins plus added time before scoffing him... more often than not the victim is a slow central defender rather than a nippy wee forward... although telegraph pole like centres in the mold of Shuggie Shaw would be easy meat :) 

Just now, jock _turd said:

Neither is a komodoo dragon its lethality comes from it very bad infectious saliva, a la popcorn teeth, which causes the victim of its bite to get a really bad infection  of the bite/wound ... according to D. Attenborough... if I remember correctly. They will follow the wounded victim for nearly a whole game certainly more than 45 mins plus added time before scoffing him... more often than not the victim is a slow central defender rather than a nippy wee forward... although telegraph pole like centres in the mold of Shuggie Shaw would be easy meat :) 

Not so, mate. That is what they thought for many years. Now it has been discovered that it actually has its own venom and as such joins the Gilla monster and Beaded lizard as one of only three venomous lizards in the world.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/05/komodo-dragon-venom/

Sub4TiddlerMurray
39 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

Van reverses into box, turns and unloads into Livvi net. Moments later, Van drives back at Livvi, who are posted missing, and delivers another into the top corner!!

Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Not so, mate. That is what they thought for many years. Now it has been discovered that it actually has its own venom and as such joins the Gilla monster and Beaded lizard as one of only three venomous lizards in the world.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/05/komodo-dragon-venom/

See that clunt Attenborough full of shite so he is ... all the other stuff applies though :) 

but only three.. what about Rearend !

Edited by jock _turd

fabienleclerq
12 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

76FFD692-A622-46F3-B902-0FA2E0839F09.jpeg

I had to explain to two three year olds what those little ****ers were doing to each other and themselves last time I was at the zoo!

1 hour ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Van reverses into box, turns and unloads into Livvi net. Moments later, Van drives back at Livvi, who are posted missing, and delivers another into the top corner!!

You forgot the tap in to complete his hat-trick and send many Jambos who have backed him at 80/1 into raptures.

I will settle for 2 at 14/1, but as we have waited a long time for him to arrive and he wanted to be here at the start at the season, he will score today....

It should have been ten
14 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Anybody written him off yet?

Steven Thompson by the sounds of it.

11 minutes ago, indianajones said:

He must be wondering wtf he has done. 

Service has been non existent. 

+1. I've lost count of how many aimless hoofs to him Doyle has attempted. Give him something at his feet and I'm sure it'd be a different story

scott herbertson

Not too shabby first half. Some intelligent lay offs. I wouldn’t worry about him as Naismith will soon find out how to get the best out of him

19 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

+1. I've lost count of how many aimless hoofs to him Doyle has attempted. Give him something at his feet and I'm sure it'd be a different story

And it was