David Vanecek

dustybin

1 minute ago, Smith&Weston said:

, Did Levein actually watch Vanacek in the flesh or was this a transfer tool / Video clip signing?  Don’t think I’ve ever seen a hearts player wear as big a pair of shorts as what he had on today for his 5 minute cameo.  

Never going to be that mobile based on what we have seen so will need to have good hold up play and finishing to make it at Tynie.

So now the size of the shorts is it?

"Based on what we've seen?" 

Take it you haven't read the words printed, heard the words spoken regarding this over the last few days?

That's the snowflake generation for you!  Don't listen to a word!

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lambo85

• Cruyff Turn

• Peebo

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tartofmidlothian
55 minutes ago, Deek said:

Came  on to a big cheer today then  proceeded to sprint 50 yards across the pitch to close  St Johnstone down. 

Maybe not that rubbish. 

?

Was it just me or did he play a part in the goal too? Got himself into a good position near the goalmouth and drew their defenders away to give Morrison space.

I don't think any player has ever worked as hard and not touched the ball as Vanecek in those seven minutes. :lol: He looked really enthusiastic and determined.

Just now, tartofmidlothian said:

Was it just me or did he play a part in the goal too? Got himself into a good position near the goalmouth and drew their defenders away to give Morrison space.

I don't think any player has ever worked as hard and not touched the ball as Vanecek in those seven minutes. :lol: He looked really enthusiastic and determined.

Rubbish man management!

To me he looks like a guy who arrived thinking this would be a piece of piss and now he's under no illusions it won't be and he has to earn his place. We've had some players through the door (Juanma and Watt stand out) who had talent, seem to think they're great, but just didn't seem to take it seriously. It's no surprise Levein wants to make sure Vanacek isn't another of those types. The bad man management thing is ridiculous. Look at how well he's dealt with Clare, Mulraney and Morrison, who all seem a little low on confidence at times but Levein's stuck with them and they're improving. Or motivating the likes of Haring and Dikamona to pull out all the stops when half-fit. 

And Berra, Naismith and Souttar all got fit and playing again ahead of schedule. So he seems to be someone the players want to play for.

21 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

To me he looks like a guy who arrived thinking this would be a piece of piss and now he's under no illusions it won't be and he has to earn his place. We've had some players through the door (Juanma and Watt stand out) who had talent, seem to think they're great, but just didn't seem to take it seriously. It's no surprise Levein wants to make sure Vanacek isn't another of those types. The bad man management thing is ridiculous. Look at how well he's dealt with Clare, Mulraney and Morrison, who all seem a little low on confidence at times but Levein's stuck with them and they're improving. Or motivating the likes of Haring and Dikamona to pull out all the stops when half-fit. 

And Berra, Naismith and Souttar all got fit and playing again ahead of schedule. So he seems to be someone the players want to play for.

Exactly.Good post mate.

3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

He looked fitter today

For the first few moments he was on the pitch

It's all relative. 

3 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I was delighted that Vanecek got such a good reception from Hearts fans when he came on.

Got a great reception from the fans today. Too many people on here accusing fellow fans of wanting certain players to fail.

We all want this guy to do well for us. Hopefully he kicks on from here. 

We are all behind you David. 

2 hours ago, Smith&Weston said:

Did Levein actually watch Vanacek in the flesh or was this a transfer tool / Video clip signing?  Don’t think I’ve ever seen a hearts player wear as big a pair of shorts as what he had on today for his 5 minute cameo.  

Never going to be that mobile based on what we have seen so will need to have good hold up play and finishing to make it at Tynie.

Not got a great memory if you don’t remember big Zee’s shorts chum.

That was the season we finished 20 points ahead of Hibs and won the league on 22 March?

jamboinglasgow

you could see the reaction today, he was trying to get stuck in, work hard and I am sure Levein will have sat down with him and discussed what he needs to do and the mentality he needs. He has shown that and getting full fitness will take time but he has shown the mentality that he will rise to the challenge which a big factor on whether a player will make it at Hearts or not.

1 minute ago, Dayman said:

He’s got Levein flu. A “slight problem with his ankle” according to his Instagram. 

At the HMSA dinner last night the fitness coach said it woukdn’t take long to get him fully fit. 

Jack Torrance
4 minutes ago, Dayman said:

He’s got Levein flu. A “slight problem with his ankle” according to his Instagram. 

Saw him taking a knock at the end of the last game. Thought he might be missing.

Yeah he caught a sore one right at the end last match. 

Re the social media, although I enjoyed the updates I did think it was increasing expectation levels a little much. 

Can't wait till he us up to speed though, could be a cracking signing.