David Vanecek

dustybin

I liked the look of him. He's not a battering ram like Uche, but he looks technically very good, linked well, has a bit of vision, and got the assist. Decent debut from a guy who hasn't played for 6 weeks.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lambo85

• Cruyff Turn

• Peebo

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Patently not match fit but there was enough shown to indicate he will be a good signing.

Great lay off. He will do well for us. THat Livi prick who took him out should have been carded, but it was Collum so no surprise he ignored it.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Showed excellent first touch & close control late in the game, down in the corner.

Assist & some good touches. Him & Uche together will work well.

Occurred to me too. Exciting prospect

Did fine, some good touches and a great assist. 

That Livi defence are tough as old boots, I thought he worked them but he’s clearly better when the balls into his feet and needs better service.

Will wait and see more. Definitely can link play. I do worry at just how slow he is though and if it is one of David or Uche it will be Uche every time on that showing. 

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

All things considered he had a good debut. 

Assist for the goal and good technically. 

He will improve although the clueless will criticise but they can be ignored.

That's it Jonno. Thought he was OK and not fully fit. Livi are difficult to play against so probably a good team for his first outing. 

21 minutes ago, Barack said:

Showed excellent first touch & close control late in the game, down in the corner.

This x a million. Arseholes around me in the main stand and on Facebook moaning about him already :cornette:

Tough game for him with those 3 units breathing down his neck all game. Classy assist and showed good technique when he was on the ball. Decent enough debut and will get better with more game time

AlphonseCapone
19 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Occurred to me too. Exciting prospect

Aye him and Uche up front with Naismith just playing off them is a lovely thought. 

2 minutes ago, armstrong said:

Liked the look of him. Stood up well to the challenge of facing the Livingston backline.

Though Mr Collum seemed to think any challenge he made was a foul

Hold up and link up play was excellent.    He was very obviously being careful to not get too involved in the aerial battles.    He was being criticised on the TV for not being physical enough.     Looks like he'll be best suited to balls being played into feet.    Dare say he'll be handy at set-pieces.

chester copperpot

Was pretty happy with his home debut.

Loads more to come and would have threatened with better quality of service 

39 minutes ago, Barack said:

Couldn’t have put it better ?

Covered absolutely everything and a bit extra..

His shorts did more than I expected them to??

21 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Hold up and link up play was excellent.    He was very obviously being careful to not get too involved in the aerial battles.    He was being criticised on the TV for not being physical enough.     Looks like he'll be best suited to balls being played into feet.    Dare say he'll be handy at set-pieces.

:spoton:

He was great at linking the play when the ball was played into feet, not so much in the air. I was surprised how poor his timing was. Looking forward to seeing him in a few weeks when he's sharper.

The big man struggled with the physical side of today’s game. Libby players constantly pulled his shirt, held his arms and bathed him. He was offered no protection from Gollum. Big man did well with holding up play and knock ins. Nice touch for the assist. Much more to come!

Very, very much hope those aimless long balls fired at him today is not a sign of things to come. 

Looked good with the ball at his feet and was a nice touch for Sean’s goal. 

5 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

:spoton:

He was great at linking the play when the ball was played into feet, not so much in the air. I was surprised how poor his timing was. Looking forward to seeing him in a few weeks when he's sharper.

Regarding timing, it could be the pace of the game in Scotland. The ball is often randomly pinged up or cleared into the air rather than deliberate build up and an obvious long ball. Unfortunately. We're as guilty as any team.

37 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

This x a million. Arseholes around me in the main stand and on Facebook moaning about him already :cornette:

It’s these kinds of games I realise I’m lucky that I don’t have too many zoomers sitting beside me. 

In a game that has to be one of the poorest we have played at home this season... how on earth can anybody criticise the guy's performance  ? 

2 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Anybody written him off yet?

Aye me! Levein oot Budge oot and who took MY seat today in section S . 

He looked good get him fully fit he will be banging the goals in looking forward to seeing more of him. 

Not many strikers have had a lot of joy against that livi back line this season., with a few games under his belt he's going to be a good signing. Nice and tidy with it at his feet and looks an intelligent team player.

58 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Aye him and Uche up front with Naismith just playing off them is a lovely thought. 

Him and Uche up front together and we'll have 30 + fouls given against us by these no-marks kidding on to be referees.

It's a foul for a centre-forward to simply stand up to the bullying of defenders.

You can kick people up the arse, stamp on them, grab their goolies but, don't dare try and use your weight fairly.

VAR will make not one bit of difference to the depths of incompetence or bias we see on a regular basis.

stirlingshirejambo
39 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Covered absolutely everything and a bit extra..

His shorts did more than I expected them to??

Tony Watts number and his shorts by the look of it

He did ok. Tough first game......won’t be against a more physical defence than that lot today.

We really lack a good winger though.....we need someone who can get a decent ball into the box for him to attack. Morrison lacks that  bit of quality when it comes to a final ball. We need better to get the best out of both our strikers. 

I was impressed by him, he has a lovely touch and he's clearly very intelligent at bringing others into play.

Initial impression is that we have unearthed another gem.

Seymour M Hersh

He's not a traditional Scottish target man No.9. So you have to ask why the ball was lumped forward to him so often. Some decent flick ons but I think ball to feet suits him better.

Given that he has been on record recently saying how he loves to attack the ball in the air it was very disappointing how little if actually any crosses were put into him. He won a lot of headers but with his back to goal and nobody in front of him. Morrison needs to find a cross especially as seems to see so much of the ball. All that said he does look a very decent player with excellent tecnique.

54 minutes ago, Judge Fudge said:

Not many strikers have had a lot of joy against that livi back line this season., with a few games under his belt he's going to be a good signing. Nice and tidy with it at his feet and looks an intelligent team player.

Once the magnet  comes back in I expect quite a few goals from big dave.

The White Cockade
1 hour ago, spirt of 98 said:

The big man struggled with the physical side of today’s game. Libby players constantly pulled his shirt, held his arms and bathed him. He was offered no protection from Gollum. Big man did well with holding up play and knock ins. Nice touch for the assist. Much more to come!

:cornette:

9 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

:cornette:

Hahahahaha typed on my phone with fat fingers.  Bathed should read barged and obviously Libby should have been Livy ?

chester copperpot
1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

The arse behind me shouted at him to 'go back to Czechoslovakia ' after 22 minutes.Dick.

:lol:

no way? What a tosser

6 minutes ago, 1953 said:

He had some good touches but early days, plenty more to come from him. He'll be much better with a pair of shorts that fit him properly.?

Reminded me of the time Dave McPherson rocked up in a pair of oversize shorts.

4 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Needs to jump more 

Are you serious?

Did you not see him jump loads today?

Did you not see the amount of fouls given against him for his massive muscular body jumping up and battering away those livi defenders?

Were you at the game?

Needs to jump more?

Having a laugh, surely?