David Vanecek

dustybin

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

He was doing okay until his shitemare for their 2nd . His head went after that.

Every pass he hit was to a Dundee player. 

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lambo85

• Cruyff Turn

• Peebo

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Terrible player management from Levein. He’s been with the club a couple week now & if fitness was the problem he shouldn’t have started him. Then to come out & slate him publicly isn’t really going to help matters. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Every pass he hit was to a Dundee player. 

It wasn't but if that's the marker then Berra needs dropped. 

portobellojambo1
10 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

If levein is pissed at him then he will have trouble coming back in. turning up un fit is as unprofessional as it comes. It will not go down well.

I believe that the last competitive football match that David Vanecek played was in November 2018. Assuming it was at the end of November that means he hasn't played for around two months, which is about as long as the close season lasts here, and our players tend to come back from that break needing a good, hard pre season to get back up to speed.. Is it really any surprise that he didn't turn up in a shape which suggested he had just had a storming pre season and was ready to go.

Edited by portobellojambo1

6 minutes ago, allystrachan said:

Terrible player management from Levein. He’s been with the club a couple week now & if fitness was the problem he shouldn’t have started him. Then to come out & slate him publicly isn’t really going to help matters. 

Correct.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I think we were maybe expecting an athlete given the shape of our Czech players in the past. He does look more the lumbering sort a bit like Sutton but those type of players can be successful but they need accurate service which we are struggling to find. 

Levein said he's annoyed at the physical state he's turned up in 

That's basically scandalous for a 27 year old. He's wearing the biggest pair of shorts I've seen in my ****ing life 

Pathetic 

Edited by Jim Weir

1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I believe that the last competitive football match that David Vanecek played was in November 2018. Assuming it was at the end of November that means he hasn't played for around two months, which is about as long as the close season lasts here, and our players tend to come back from that needing a good, hard pre season to get back up to speed.. Is it really any surprise that he didn't turn up in a shape which suggested he had just had a storming pre season and was ready to go.

It’s not a surprise. What is surprising is Levein picking him twice, then deciding to slate him on the radio. 

1 minute ago, Jim Weir said:

Levein said he's annoyed at the physical state he's turned up in 

That's basically scandalous for a 27 year old. He's wearing the biggest pair of shorts I've seen in my ****ing life 

Pathetic 

So why has Levein started him if he is totally out of shape?

As I said previously, the boy can only fail. Here he is failing after playing some minutes. Built up far too much on here. We have no idea how good or how bad he is and we certainly haven't seen enough to judge him yet. But judged he will be.

3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I believe that the last competitive football match that David Vanecek played was in November 2018. Assuming it was at the end of November that means he hasn't played for around two months, which is about as long as the close season lasts here, and our players tend to come back from that break needing a good, hard pre season to get back up to speed.. Is it really any surprise that he didn't turn up in a shape which suggested he had just had a storming pre season and was ready to go.

Very surprising. He is a pro footballer joining a new club. I’d expect him to have overdone the prep if anything. Ten days in Bangkok will take a couple of months to work off. 

Just now, Sooperstar said:

As I said previously, the boy can only fail. Here he is failing after playing some minutes. Built up far too much on here. We have no idea how good or how bad he is and we certainly haven't seen enough to judge him yet. But judged he will be.

Judged by Levein after 120mins 

1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

Another Juanma...

Juanma would have been good if he wasn’t a lazy arsehole. Had a better goals ratio than Lafferty. 

53 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

People calling him a fraud after barely two games are just beyond parody. It’s so typical of our current crop of shite fans. 

The same people who no doubt wanked over him and proclaimed him to be the next big thing. 

This in spades. 

Its Hearts, not Real Madrid signing a £50m superstar. Let the boy settle in ffs. 

2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

And judged he was, in rather damning fashion in the radio, by his new manager. 

54 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

People calling him a fraud after barely two games are just beyond parody. It’s so typical of our current crop of shite fans. 

The same people who no doubt wanked over him and proclaimed him to be the next big thing. 

I mean, I agree - absolutely don't write him off. But if even the manager thought he needed hooked after half an hour in his first league game then that's pretty worrying. 

chester copperpot

Someone told me he was in Thailand with his mates prior to joining us for training.

Surely not? That's the kind of behaviour that would seriously piss off Levein. Especially if he's not in that good shape.

Surely they are able to assess his fitness in training? 

The exact same thing happened with Danny Amankwaa last year, signed, immediately started games then they decided he wasn't fit enough. Baffling.

3 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

So why has Levein started him if he is totally out of shape?

I don't get a lot of things he does 

Stevie Clarke has him a distant object in his rear view mirror and has done for well over a year now 

We're going nowhere. £20M+ on a stand and we sit behind St Johnstone after 22 games 

****ing rancid 

Seems the guy has bummed up himself like oshamwai . Levein knew he was unfit. He knows Clare arrived unfit too. My only consolation is the forwards get no quality supply. One f...winger.  Young laddie. We need experience.  . We are so easy to read and one paced 

1 minute ago, chester copperpot said:

Someone told me he was in Thailand with his mates prior to joining us for training.

Surely not? That's the kind of behaviour that would seriously piss off Levein. Especially if he's not in that good shape.

Someone who follows him on Instagram, I’m guessing. 

chester copperpot
Just now, Peebo said:

Someone who follows him on Instagram, I’m guessing. 

Yeah think so. Never really on it but heard he quite likes an Instagram and Facebook post

3 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

He does look like he likes a party tbf. 

2 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Surely they are able to assess his fitness in training? 

The exact same thing happened with Danny Amankwaa last year, signed, immediately started games then they decided he wasn't fit enough. Baffling.

It’s incredible. And must be pretty galling for others at the club to see apparently unfit signings like this to immediately get a place in the team. 

The holiday in Thailand to get fat and slow.. billy big baws on his new big contract. 

Wasn’t that what Sutton did before he joined us, got his big contract  and turned up about a stone or two overweight. 

What a great first impression ! 

Sexton Hardcastle
2 minutes ago, OBOOOA BLAIR said:

Seems the guy has bummed up himself like oshamwai . Levein knew he was unfit. He knows Clare arrived unfit too. My only consolation is the forwards get no quality supply. One f...winger.  Young laddie. We need experience.  . We are so easy to read and one paced 

The guy? Rather moronic hearts fans who continue to do this with player after player and wonder why their expections each season get shat on.

1 hour ago, Koolkeith said:

Assuming it was because he was on s yellow and Beaton might have sent him off the way things were going.

that's how I saw it

Sorry, not having this from Levein.  If Vanecek isn't fit enough you are entitled to be annoyed, but he played on Sunday and has trained with us for two weeks.  You don't then suddenly decide after 30 minutes he's not fit enough.  He's chucking him under the bus to detract from his own mistakes.

loveofthegame
1 minute ago, jambomjm74 said:

The holiday in Thailand to get fat and slow.. billy big baws on his new big contract. 

Wasn’t that what Sutton did before he joined us, got his big contract  and turned up about a stone or two overweight. 

What a great first impression ! 

Yeah it’s poor from him. I followed Uche on Instagram and all he did all summer was post videos of him working his ****in baws off in the gym to come in at peak fitness. Not pissin about on motorbikes in Thailand.

10 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

If Vanacek taking a holiday while still a Teplice player on his ‘winter break’ seriously pisses off Levein, then Craig needs to get a grip.

If Vanacek(like Amankwaa) is as ‘unfit’ as he claims then either Levein is ****ing blind in training or whatever coach he has running training if he’s not there is incompetent and not passing on the message.

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

The guy can barely move ..he made one run and was hanging on to his knees ..If he could see them, those are the biggest shorts I've ever seen. 

Way short of where he needs to be ..

3 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Sorry, not having this from Levein.  If Vanecek isn't fit enough you are entitled to be annoyed, but he played on Sunday and has trained with us for two weeks.  You don't then suddenly decide after 30 minutes he's not fit enough.  He's chucking him under the bus to detract from his own mistakes.

Yup. No refereeing mistakes to talk about, or any other smart arse remarks in the tank. Instead, slates a guy for arriving at the club out of shape despite starting him twice.

Incredible. 

43 minutes ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

Levein’s just said to BBC he’s not happy about the fitness and shape that David’s arrived in...

Amankwaa mk II. Sign, play some minutes and then disappear for a couple of months to get fit.

Our recruitment is ****ing woeful, and John Murray is to blame for the majority of it.

I am actually cringing at this. Been waiting on this guy arriving for months and when he does, our manager has publicly slated him after 120mis of football. 

“He’s wasnt at the races!”

Deary me!!!!!

Just now, Peebo said:

Yup. No refereeing mistakes to talk about, or any other smart arse remarks in the tank. Instead, slates a guy for arriving at the club out of shape despite starting him twice.

Incredible. 

You'd think people would see through it, yet this whole thread is full of people agreeing and blaming Vanecek and branding him "Amankwaa mkII".

How come guys like Wighton and Clare, who I like btw, get leniency and pleas to give them time to get fit, yet Vanecek is some sort of mess despite Levein twice choosing to start him?

1 minute ago, Peebo said:

Incredible. 

I'm actually completely incredulous about this. Quite apart from anything else, we've been playing Sean Clare for months now, allegedly whilst waiting for him to get fit.

What do they do in training? They must surely be able to guage the players fitness before starting them in games?

Gordon Ramsay
8 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Correct.

It's the usual defection technique from Levein.

"The injuries" The referee" "Players not fit"

He never takes any accountability, really poor management.

I was hearing tonight in hospitality that he doesn’t speak a word of English and his fitness is obviously poor 

This guy has known since July last year he was signing for Hearts in January, the very least he could have done was be at the peak of fitness and have a decent grasp of English.... very poor

Weird one. Liked the looked of him v livi , bit of swagger and some good touches

Thought he looked to get the ball down and play, he was coming quite deep for a few one-twos.

Wasn't really in the game but he was no worse than his replacement.

He's been playing and scoring for teplice til recently he can't be THAT unfit. And a hobbling keena was left on, he was quite obviously struggling to run full pelt at times.