David Vanecek

dustybin

1 hour ago, sandyseymour said:

Completely disagree with Leveins comments...he must have known about Vanachek's fitness levels yet still played him. Hooks him, verbally abuses him ...some effing welcome to Hearts....Levein has never been a man manager ...and an one dimension coach...a combination of knock the ball around or hoof it up the park...little pace..and practically no flair sums up Levein...and blaming a new player (who can hardly speak English if that's true) for his own mismanagement is puerile in the extreme. Last night's performance summed up Levein's skills in one game .... 

This is where I am to be honest. Laying the blame on a player who has only been with us for 5 minutes and publicly slating him like that is totally out of order.

Sums up Levein to be honest. Shocking performance last night and everyone is to blame..... apart from Levein!

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lambo85

• Cruyff Turn

• Peebo

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

As always a player who got some praise and over hype has now been written off only a few days later.

Classic kickback.

Seems like Levein has written him off after 120mins of football.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

As always a player who got some praise and over hype has now been written off only a few days later.

Classic kickback.

Called it back in August.

Just saying.

As for Levein, when it comes to slating his own players, Mourinho couldn't do any better.

10 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Called it back in August.

Just saying.

As for Levein, when it comes to slating his own players, Mourinho couldn't do any better.

What's your thoughts on Levein Geoff? Looking like the final few months of his tenure? 

Scottish Cup win would save him. Gotta hope someone else takes care of OF though!!

Disappointing that a player that hyped himself up so much about wanting to get here and start performing for us should turn up unfit. Even more frustrating that he was played if he really was not up to speed.  Not the sort of start for him that will win him many friends.

Edited by Deevers

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Jim Weir said:

What's your thoughts on Levein Geoff? Looking like the final few months of his tenure? 

Scottish Cup win would save him. Gotta hope someone else takes care of OF though!!

I gave my thoughts elsewhere Spencer.

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, Jim Weir said:

I'm not Spencer.  I've done this to death 

Apologies. I must be confusing your Levein obsession with someone else.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Apologies. I must be confusing your Levein obsession with someone else.

No worries. He's a complete failure. I think there is more than one person holding that view 

?

Will he start on Saturday is the next question?

Going by Levein's comments last night, he will not get abother start anytime soon.

This is a real sickener to honest as we really needed this lad to hit the ground running.

Edited by Lambo85

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Great pass for the winning goal on sunday.

That pass aside he has done nothing

doesnt jump for headers ever either 

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, Lambo85 said:

Will he start on Saturday is the next question?

Going by Levein's comments last night, he will not get abother start anytime soon.

This is a real sickener to honest as we really needed this lad to hit the ground running.

It's no real surprise though as continues a pattern. Not good enough, not fit enough or injured.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Embarrassing stuff slating a new signing like that. Levein needs to get the monkey off his back that he has never actually won anything as a manager.

He looked fairly static and dependant on quality crosses into the box to score going by the You Tube footage posted on here.

That's what we signed so its a bit rich to be slagging him of for it now, especially in public.

I would imagine that the conversation after the game went something like this, (Levein) ' I thought you said you were a Warrior' ..... (Vanecek) 'No, No Gaffer, I said I was a WORRIER'.

3 hours ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Don't have a problem with Levein hooking him or calling him out publicly if he's turned up unfit and out of shape as that is totally unprofessional from the player. 

However, if that is the case why did Levein play him - surely if his fitness levels are that poor you dont need to him in a game to know that. 

This. Are we supposed to believe the fitness coaches didn't put him through the mill on his arrival to assess his fitness- cos that's the only conclusion to be  drawn if CL is surprised at his lack of fitness. This is pure deflection and it's wearing thin.

I've no doubt, on the back of ABs recent media interview, she's not for changing anytime soon but hopefully end of season will see a re-assessment. Him and his bunch of coaches too.  Frankly I didn't expect much of an improvement and never thought for a second we'd be anywhere higher than 4th (regardless of the good start) and now we're looking at maybe scraping into 4th spot. Maybe. 

Fact is the bulk of the squad is as poor as anything we saw under Cathro and the quality of the football is hopeless. The coaches look incapable of delivering anything on the pitch remotely resembling a competitive team able to win football games. As for the tactics...

But on we go with CL at the helm. 

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

That pass aside he has done nothing

doesnt jump for headers ever either 

Swear he won a couple of jump balls Sunday. Not defending him or what he's brought so far but you cant just make stuff up to suit your agenda.

I would have thought that we would have made it clear he needs to be fit enough to hit the ground running. If he hasn't done that then I fear for his future here already. Why he played if not fit is another question

Levein has been making excuses for Sean Clare all season, yet slates a striker who has just arrived from another country. Weird. I think he's out of order tbh. 

3 hours ago, sjh1874 said:

So what was Vanny doing in Spain? Head tennis, a wee swim about, sunning himself? 5 days warm weather training = fecking jolly. 5 days to assess and make calls and not put the hard paying punters through that debacle last night. Take blame for once in your life Levein!

Vanecek spent a few weeks in Dubai eating and drinking shite prior to arriving. 

Know what else pissed me off, especially from the TV pundits against Livingston? They kept referring to him as a big physical target man. Can't someone just be tall? In that entire 90minutes I don't think he jumped once and has about as much muscle on him as an infant child. Uche is big and physical. Vanecek is tall.

8 minutes ago, stotty said:

Levein has been making excuses for Sean Clare all season, yet slates a striker who has just arrived from another country. Weird. I think he's out of order tbh. 

I think it's more the players condition since he arrived

6 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

How do you know what he was eating and drinking?

Technically looks very good but 4 or 5 yards off the pace. When the ball was played into feet there were some really nice touches. Just about every ball he received last night was head height though and he was up against a 7 foot Herman Munster. Add to that Beaton giving him **** all and probably itching to give him a second yellow. Clearly needs to adapt to our game and I'm really not sure being thrown under a bus in public like that was the wisest thing for the manager to do. Obviously he's looking for a positive reaction but time will tell if that was a gamble worth taking.

The bigger problem I think Levein's now created is the arseholes in the stands who wouldn't know a player if he sat on their faces will now think he's fair game. One poor touch and the boy will be slaughtered. Regardless of your personality, Tynecastle can swallow you up! I hope the boy's made of the right minerals, and i hope Levein knows this. Still disappointing the manager's said this 120 minutes into his Hearts career. 

14 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I would have thought that we would have made it clear he needs to be fit enough to hit the ground running. If he hasn't done that then I fear for his future here already. Why he played if not fit is another question

What happened to the Championship regime when Robby had them double training including Sundays and nobody started unless fully fit.   I have my doubts about the quality of the current coaching staff.  CL is obviously being advised by his backroom team.

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Did u read his Instagram and Twitter posts though ? He made it out he was gagging to join us so much. Sucking up to the fans major. Nothing wrong with that of course, however if (IF) he hasn’t kept himself in shape during these 5 weeks then CL and us supporters have a valid concern. His arse is huge and he looks unfit which given his apparent love for us is troubling. Levein is culpable as well by playing him tonight also which I agree with. I just find it unacceptable that he has pitched up completely unfit which is what we have been told

uche looks as though he’s been beasting the gym which Is the difference.

Vanacek will be getting some workout I’m certain. That’s the first I’ve heard Levein calling a player out in public for being a fat barsteward so it must be fairly serious. I’m with Levein calling this out tbf as it’s his reputation on the line and he’s been let down

He did it with Amankwaa too. Surely should’ve been in contact with him to explain we needed him to be fit to play right away. Just had a quick look at Instagram and he doesn’t post much but he’s obviously enjoyed a month off, Uche has been working non stop for over a month.

Its up to Vanacek what happens now.

I am hoping he uses this to knuckle down and get himself in shape. I worry that he will take the huff and end up being punted out on loan when Uche is back fully fit.

If its the latter then Levein's signing policy needs to be looked at.

22 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Did you just make that up?

He's in for a hard ride now from folk after last night; the last thing we need is folk just making things up to add fuel to the fire.

Levein your excuses are embarrassing. If the boy isn’t fit, fine him and get him fit. Don’t play him and take him off after 30 minutes. You have not got one winner in that team last night. Your signings, every single one of them.  

GorgieRules22
7 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

Levein your excuses are embarrassing. If the boy isn’t fit, fine him and get him fit. Don’t play him and take him off after 30 minutes. You have not got one winner in that team last night. Your signings, every single one of them.  

Here was me thinking Djoum had a really good game aswell.

My view is that he was poor against Livingston but showed a few touches on the ground that were promising. Lacked match fitness and would assume that his protection of the ball and aerial challenges would improve as fitness improved and his understanding of the Scottish game improved.

Then Naismith is suspended so we go with him again to improve his match fitness and hopefully learn from the playing experience v Livingston and perform better as a Centre Forward against another 2 physical defenders.

In his 30 minutes never held ball up or won a header.

Never linked play.

Lost possession too easily that led to their first goal.

Got booked (questionable) which meant that he was one bad challenge away from being sent off in/by a league/referee that he has minimal understanding regards 'another yellow'.

Levein was 100% correct to bring on McLean who improved our forward line from his first touch versus what Vanacek had offered in 30 minutes and generally coped a lot better with their defenders.

Naismith is back v St Johnstone so I would expect Vanacek will be on the bench looking for a 20 minute sub appearance at best. Two weeks of fitness and sprint training and learning how to  be effective is badly needed.  

Lastly a professional footballer arriving in lets say a poor condition during a mid season break is unacceptable - Lack of match fitness is one thing but actual fitness should be a 100% given.

36 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Cheers but that doesn’t answer my question as to what he did in Spain.

We’ve had ample time to assess where he was at long before big Levein did the laundry in public last night

2 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Here was me thinking Djoum had a really good game aswell.

Sorry, Djoum excluded.  He was good last night.

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

How do you know what he was eating and drinking?

Cos he'd Likley be dead by now if he wasn't. 

5 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Cos he'd Likley be dead by now if he wasn't. 

I said what he was eating and drinking not that he was eating and drinking.

Rewind 12 month and Danny Amankwa who needed month to get match fit and never actually got there. What's the point in a player in Jan if not fit.

55 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I think it's more the players condition since he arrived

Yeah, but he called him 'rubbish' - that was in relation to his performance. Why make excuses for other players but throw Vanecek under the bus? 

Jamboscanbevicius

Not sure Levein’s comments on Vanacek are very clever. I can only hope that he reckons that it’s the rocket he needs to motivate the big man.

Time will tell if this is inspired man management or another Amankwaa!

How many players actually start badly but end up being a top player? I know Hartley is an example but this is rare. At least Juanma started well. I fear his career with us is over already, due to being unprofessional and levein using him as an excuse

Pulling vanecek off after 30 minutes was Levein spitting the dummy, nothing else.

The boy started with a neat assist last week, and was by no means the worst player on the park before he got hooked.

I get if you want to blast him, but a new player coming into the league in a different culture should be given a bit of leeway and have it explained to him, not embarrassed in front of 15k fans at Tynie in his second game.

Awful man management.

McLean has been fairly rotten for about 2 months.

32 minutes ago, ali_jambo said:

Pulling vanecek off after 30 minutes was Levein spitting the dummy, nothing else.

The boy started with a neat assist last week, and was by no means the worst player on the park before he got hooked.

I get if you want to blast him, but a new player coming into the league in a different culture should be given a bit of leeway and have it explained to him, not embarrassed in front of 15k fans at Tynie in his second game.

Awful man management.

I felt the same way when watching it last night, but hopefully it made Vanecek realise how hard he needs to work.

10 minutes from half time, surely he could have been told get the finger out or youre off at half time. He wasnt the only player that could have been hooked in the first 34 minutes and for me its not the way CL should have gone about trying to make a point. As has been mentioned he is less than a game and a half into a new team and country plus he isnt match fit but expected to be up to speed by playing 2 games in 3 days. The amount off time some other players have had is ludicrous compared to the way DV has been treated in this instance.

Didnt help we pumped high balls up to him but you can already tell in the short time we have seen of him he prefers the ball to feet and considering the lack of height he gets when jumping Im not surprised. I also think he got no help from Beaton but then  no Hearts player did.

49 minutes ago, ali_jambo said:

Awful man management.

Agree with this. How many times last season did Lafferty lose the ball and get booked in the first 20 mins. Never got this treatment. He could have made all 3 subs by half time if it was down to performance. He obviously had a point to prove to the lad, but this isn't the way to do it. Awful management

PhoenixHearts

Just a daft observation, but what was with Vanecek's shorts? Out there looking like Martin Caceres...

BY9hpk1CQAEKu5S.jpg

was listening to Levein on the radio and then on sportscene later on still cant believe he said what he did. Didn't Anne say it that times interview that Levein had to work on his people skills when she first came in? Doesn't seem that they have improved much. Publicly Humiliating a player who has just joined the club while Levein washes his hands of any responsibility. I get it he is annoyed at the shape he has showed up in but why play him for a full 90 mins on Sunday and then embarrass the guy last night?. If fitness was a concern surely he should of came off the bench in both games while he built fitness up and dealt with this in back round. He could of dealt with this behind the scenes i.e. deduct wages etc for not meeting the minimum requirement of fitness that was required. Poor show from Levein last night and i feel this should of all been done behind closed doors. hoping the big man can recover from this and just doesn't end up on the long list under Levein thats been a dud