David Vanecek

dustybin

Why the hell could he not come out and said “I was concerned things weren’t going for the guy and he’d been booked so I removed him before seeing him sent off as he is going to be an important player for us” and then get him in his office this morning tell him he has publicly backed him and leave him in no certain terms what will be expected of him. Levein was guilty of gross negligence last night!

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lambo85

• Cruyff Turn

• Peebo

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, jambo2524 said:

My view is that he was poor against Livingston but showed a few touches on the ground that were promising. Lacked match fitness and would assume that his protection of the ball and aerial challenges would improve as fitness improved and his understanding of the Scottish game improved.

Then Naismith is suspended so we go with him again to improve his match fitness and hopefully learn from the playing experience v Livingston and perform better as a Centre Forward against another 2 physical defenders.

In his 30 minutes never held ball up or won a header.

Never linked play.

Lost possession too easily that led to their first goal.

Got booked (questionable) which meant that he was one bad challenge away from being sent off in/by a league/referee that he has minimal understanding regards 'another yellow'.

Levein was 100% correct to bring on McLean who improved our forward line from his first touch versus what Vanacek had offered in 30 minutes and generally coped a lot better with their defenders.

Naismith is back v St Johnstone so I would expect Vanacek will be on the bench looking for a 20 minute sub appearance at best. Two weeks of fitness and sprint training and learning how to  be effective is badly needed.  

Lastly a professional footballer arriving in lets say a poor condition during a mid season break is unacceptable - Lack of match fitness is one thing but actual fitness should be a 100% given.

Sure i seen from the Highlights that he laid off a nice touch for Djoum who made the keeper work. Goes in he would have 2 assists in 2 games so clearly done a little more than nothing.

Levein should of had him on the bench coming on after 60 mins, its pure and simple bad management from Levein.

yeah he is not match fit but we had a team who are apparently all match fit still unable to beat the bottom of the league team with 60 mins to go.

12 minutes ago, sjh1874 said:

Why the hell could he not come out and said “I was concerned things weren’t going for the guy and he’d been booked so I removed him before seeing him sent off as he is going to be an important player for us” and then get him in his office this morning tell him he has publicly backed him and leave him in no certain terms what will be expected of him. Levein was guilty of gross negligence last night!

Because he was lazy and out fought. He didn’t need a cuddle he needed hooked as I’m sure he was told after the Livi game his efforts were good enough. 

3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Because he was lazy and out fought. He didn’t need a cuddle he needed hooked as I’m sure he was told after the Livi game his efforts were good enough. 

So you thing publicly embarrassing the guy is management at its finest? And you have no idea what he was told after Livi and neither do I. I do know what was said last night however as does the whole world!

The best managers do things on a one to one basis. 

Levein is on full scale deflection and after last nights team selection no wonder!

Edited by sjh1874

Levein is a master at deflecting criticism on to something else more topical.  Slating your striker that just got in the door is a good headline.

Lets be honest here, Levein picked that team and personnel.  He then talks about not passing forward and the Big man being rubbish.  Sorry, but he is the manager and tells the players how he wants them to play and it’s the same every week so if they are doing that off their own back then they are not listening to him.  We have every player behind the ball at free kicks and corners and wonder how we struggle to get up the park.  As for Vanecek, if he was not fit then he shouldn’t have started.  Levein should have had him on double sessions the day he walked in the door.  What were they doing in Spain for example?  Just an excuse the same as been used for Amankwaa, Wighton, Clare and all the other poor signings we have made.

7 minutes ago, sjh1874 said:

So you thing publicly embarrassing the guy is management at its finest? And you have no idea what he was told after Livi and neither do I. I do know what was said last night however as does the whole world!

The best managers do things on a one to one basis. 

Levein is on full scale deflection and after last nights team selection no wonder!

Only in your head and people like you is the blast about deflection. How many times has the manager ever taken a player off after 30 mins ? I’m pretty sure he has been under far more pressure in the past than he was last night. You’re right I have no idea what was said after the Livi game but I doubt he was full of praise or was happy with his fitness on his arrival. He was totally out muscled and was culpable a time the first goal. 

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Only in your head and people like you is the blast about deflection. How many times has the manager ever taken a player off after 30 mins ? I’m pretty sure he has been under far more pressure in the past than he was last night. You’re right I have no idea what was said after the Livi game but I doubt he was full of praise or was happy with his fitness on his arrival. He was totally out muscled and was culpable a time the first goal. 

And in summary then the blast is acceptable, he was worthy of being singled out and its all in my mind about deflection? Been going to Tynie for over 40 years and fairly confident in my assumption on the outburst but you like me are entitled to your opinion.

38 minutes ago, sjh1874 said:

And in summary then the blast is acceptable, he was worthy of being singled out and its all in my mind about deflection? Been going to Tynie for over 40 years and fairly confident in my assumption on the outburst but you like me are entitled to your opinion.

After his performance last night yes I think it’s acceptable. Never seen such lacklustre debuts from a new signing after the way he went on on social media. As you say everyone is entitled an opinion it’s a shame some are clouded by their dislike for the manage

4 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Swear he won a couple of jump balls Sunday. Not defending him or what he's brought so far but you cant just make stuff up to suit your agenda.

Maybe a couple but he didn’t try hard enough when he could have made more

4 hours ago, Taffin said:

Did you just make that up?

He's in for a hard ride now from folk after last night; the last thing we need is folk just making things up to add fuel to the fire.

No I follow him on Instagram and can see what he’s been up to. ?

4 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

How do you know what he was eating and drinking?

Cause am a waiter at the hotel he was staying at. Just a guess as he was on hols with his mates am sure he wasn’t eating broccoli  and in bed for 9. 

Edited by spirt of 98

26 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Fair enough. Guess it must have been on his stories which I don't watch.

I didn't see anything about him being in Dubai or eating and drinking junk on his feed.

2 minutes ago, cauther col said:

Another Husref Musemic and we know how that ended. Funnily enough now a manager with Sarajevo.

Aye, scored against the vermin ???

Think big Vanecek taking the single fish. HIs latest insta story has him sitting feet up in his living room with a plate of biscuits and a Starbucks coffee in front of him. Haha ? 

2 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Aye, scored against the vermin ???

I remember the ball hitting him on the head and going in at the Gorgie Road end.? 

All roads lead to Gorgie
16 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

I remember the ball hitting him on the head and going in at the Gorgie Road end.? 

It was a classic header. :wub:

Well any header that goes in against hibs is a classic :)

1 hour ago, spirt of 98 said:

Think big Vanecek taking the single fish. HIs latest insta story has him sitting feet up in his living room with a plate of biscuits and a Starbucks coffee in front of him. Haha ? 

That won’t go down well

whats the link to this?

12 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

It was a classic header. :wub:

Well any header that goes in against hibs is a classic :)

Joking apart it was a good effort but flatter to deceive was the biggest understatement as far as he was concerned.

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Joking apart it was a good effort but flatter to deceive was the biggest understatement as far as he was concerned.

The thing is I can only remember him from that one game. I have totally forgotten how many other appearances he made which shows he had no real impact. I am annoyed at Vans lack of fitness but he has the opportunity to work hard now and prove our faith in his abilities to improve our goal threat.

3 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Vanecek will come good. He definitely has the quality and Levein will ensure he also has the effort and application ??

I think the problem we have is that we expected him to be an instant success, hence the excitement at his arrival and the welcome at the airport.  As it has turned out he is not the Messiah but has been a very naughty boy.  When he gets himself fit we will see the best of him.  The touch to Sean Clare to set up the goal against Livingston was sublime.

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Vanecek will come good. He definitely has the quality and Levein will ensure he also has the effort and application ??

If we continue to punt 70 yard long balls at him then he aint coming good.

We need to start playing to our strengths. Just because he is 6ft 4 doesnt me he is a big target man. He wants the ball into feet.

Edited by Lambo85

Always wary of the 'instagram' player (Tony Watt, Milinkovic, Vanecek).

Thought Levein's public slating was ill-advised but having listened to today's press conference on Hearts TV, I feel he may have been justified.  

For all the pish from Vanecek about being ready for Hearts and counting down the days - it sounds like he's been sitting on his arse and is not in the minimum acceptable condition you'd expect of a highly paid professional athlete.  

Fewer photos - more training.

22 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Thought Levein's public slating was ill-advised but having listened to today's press conference on Hearts TV, I feel he may have been justified.  

For all the pish from Vanecek about being ready for Hearts and counting down the days - it sounds like he's been sitting on his arse and is not in the minimum acceptable condition you'd expect of a highly paid professional athlete.  

Vanecek probably thought he was coming to some two bob league, getting decent money, where he could perform without being fully fit.

Like many players before him, he's quickly realised Scottish Football can be a hard place to play.

Will be interesting to see if he has the balls for to fight for a first team place and be up for the battles on the pitch.

2 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

The thing is I can only remember him from that one game. I have totally forgotten how many other appearances he made which shows he had no real impact. I am annoyed at Vans lack of fitness but he has the opportunity to work hard now and prove our faith in his abilities to improve our goal threat.

Me too, similar to a one game memory of Hans Eskilson being put off by the crowd when he missed a sitter at Easter Road.

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Vanecek probably thought he was coming to some two bob league, getting decent money, where he could perform without being fully fit.

Like many players before him, he's quickly realised Scottish Football can be a hard place to play.

Will be interesting to see if he has the balls for to fight for a first team place and be up for the battles on the pitch.

Agreed. I would like to think being subbed on 32 minutes is the moment that he realised he needs to turn the screw and dig deep to get the plaudits instead of looking perfect on social media.

On 24/01/2019 at 13:38, jonnothejambo said:

I  agree with 99% of this however I don't think Vanecek will be anywhere near the bench on Saturday. 

In the squad so sub I’d imagine. 

21 hours ago, spirt of 98 said:

Was it not Bangkok not Dubai he was in? Or was he in both? 

2 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

His Instagram stories and him drenched in sweat on treadmills quite often during his time in Asia. He was only off since the 15th of December he can’t ha e lost a huge amount of fitness. 

You would be surprised, one thing being fit the other 'match fitness'. Let's get behind him and hopefully he pushes hard to get up to speed as soon as possible. He'll have to play the role of sub for now in my opinion. 

11 minutes ago, Dayman said:

His Instagram stories and him drenched in sweat on treadmills quite often during his time in Asia. He was only off since the 15th of December he can’t ha e lost a huge amount of fitness. 

This. I follow David on Instagram and he was doing a lot of gym work while he was away. Some on here making out he was on a boys holiday where he was knocking back 15 pints every day is very distant from the truth.

24 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

This. I follow David on Instagram and he was doing a lot of gym work while he was away. Some on here making out he was on a boys holiday where he was knocking back 15 pints every day is very distant from the truth.

Don’t think I saw a drink in his hand the whole time. A lot of touristy things, exercise and maybe the odd drink that i can’t remember seeing. I’m assuming there’s be a couple nights out! 

He was also away with a boy whos just signed for slavia Prague this window(and been given the number 3 strip) who are top of the league and there was another teplice player there I think, so it’s not like he was away with a bunch of idiots. 

I'm a little annoyed at how CL has handled this tbh (not a member of the "BUDGE OOT LEVEIN OOT" brigade in the slightest btw). If David's come in unfit then that's on him but Levein picks the starting XI and if there's questions about his fitness then he shouldn't be starting. Don't get why he couldn't have just said "He's been subbed off because he was on a yellow and the way the game was going I was concerned about him being sent off" and then give him both barrels in private instead of publicly hanging him out to dry after just his 2nd appearance.

What he said about Stuart was funny though.

17 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

I'm a little annoyed at how CL has handled this tbh (not a member of the "BUDGE OOT LEVEIN OOT" brigade in the slightest btw). If David's come in unfit then that's on him but Levein picks the starting XI and if there's questions about his fitness then he shouldn't be starting. Don't get why he couldn't have just said "He's been subbed off because he was on a yellow and the way the game was going I was concerned about him being sent off" and then give him both barrels in private instead of publicly hanging him out to dry after just his 2nd appearance.

What he said about Stuart was funny though.

This is where I'm at. Dunno if Levein felt that Vanecek has come in thinking he's a big time Charlie and he's needed to bring him down a few pegs, but it is an unusual thing for him to do. It's the type of thing that can backfire but hopefully it'll make Vanecek a better player going forward. Time will tell.

A lot of hearts fans have pinned their hopes on Vanecek coming in and have been bigging him up on social media. Maybe all this has gone to his head and he's become complacent with his fitness as a result.

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Was it not Bangkok not Dubai he was in? Or was he in both? 

Can’t remember now. One of them.

just checked his birds Insta Jena Vanecek (Get her pumped) she got a story up in Five Guys from last week male sitting opposite her with tattooed arm with fancy watch on can’t see the face but it’s got to be the shite eating machine. Listen I really hope he gets fit. There was no one more excited about him arriving at Hearts than me but think he’s taken this league too lightly. Am sure if we can keep him off the pies he’ll be fine ?

Edited by spirt of 98

1 hour ago, Superunknown said:

This is where I'm at. Dunno if Levein felt that Vanecek has come in thinking he's a big time Charlie and he's needed to bring him down a few pegs, but it is an unusual thing for him to do. It's the type of thing that can backfire but hopefully it'll make Vanecek a better player going forward. Time will tell.

A lot of hearts fans have pinned their hopes on Vanecek coming in and have been bigging him up on social media. Maybe all this has gone to his head and he's become complacent with his fitness as a result.

Sometimes I feel as a support we set our initial expectations far too high, especially with the strikers. Suppose that's the fun of the transfer window though eh?

1 hour ago, boag1874 said:

Sometimes I feel as a support we set our initial expectations far too high, especially with the strikers. Suppose that's the fun of the transfer window though eh?

Unfortunately the club often over-hype new signings and sets them up to fail.

The left back we signed from the Israeli club a couple of years ago is a prime example, he was so good I've forgotten his name. There's been a few.

3 hours ago, jr ewing said:

The 2 Dundee centres were taking no prisoners on Wednesday ref didn't help either. 

A fact missed by many on here.

Came  on to a big cheer today then  proceeded to sprint 50 yards across the pitch to close  St Johnstone down. 

Maybe not that rubbish. 

?

I was delighted that Vanecek got such a good reception from Hearts fans when he came on.

Jamboscanbevicius
3 minutes ago, Deek said:

Came  on to a big cheer today then  proceeded to sprint 50 yards across the pitch to close  St Johnstone down. 

Maybe not that rubbish. 

?

??  Definitely not to be written off. Like any new player, he needs to know he’s loved at his new home!

Did Levein actually watch Vanacek in the flesh or was this a transfer tool / Video clip signing?  Don’t think I’ve ever seen a hearts player wear as big a pair of shorts as what he had on today for his 5 minute cameo.  

Never going to be that mobile based on what we have seen so will need to have good hold up play and finishing to make it at Tynie.