Michael Stewart

Phil Dunphy

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, JyTees said:

To be honest, I'd rather we stick to comparing apples with apples. 

Levein was the best defender to wear a maroon jersey in my lifetime, bar none.

Sandy Jardine. Maybe.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bridge of Djoum

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• wavydavy

Neil McCann at least tried to be a manager, Stewart, who I’m guessing doesn’t even have his coaching badges, is just a useless lazy shitebag in all aspects of his life.  Even his Mrs hates him - FACT

26 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Sandy Jardine even in his mid 30s.

Pure class he was, had an uncanny knack of knowing exactly where the ball was going to be played by the opposition and could then get there first to intercept, even at 37 with no pace, he still often got there first, his positional sense was outstanding.

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Why not just get behind Levein whilst he is at the club? All these people who bump their gums about him and then whenever we get a poor result or a bit of media hoo-ha they go all apopleptic...What a mindset... Levein is not perfect, but there is nobody whom I would rather have at the club whom we can reasonably attract...Sacking managers without considering the repercussions and succession is nonsensical. Yes football is barmy and these things happen, but they shouldn't. Budge is not your typical club owner, she approaches the job with common and business sense. Levein is her right hand man. Understand it and accept it, for otherwise you just look like a fool who cannot understand simple things...

Levein is not the reason the media attack Hearts, but of the managers we've had this century, only he and Paulo Sergio have the wit, intelligance and balls to return it with interest.

She probably does run it as a business, in the sense she delegates the important decisions to the person she sees as the expert.

It's not working especially well though. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, adayinmay said:

I’d like to see Michael Stewart get the H1b5 job. 

Levein v Stewart. Roll up roll up!!

This would be good

:rofl:

On the subject of Leveins pace I remember v PSG in the 80s over there the first time I knew we were in serious soapy was when their striker Toko? left CL for dead when chasing a through ball. Reeking drunk though I was I thought  uh oh ?

SPORTsound is good fun today. Pat the Boner and Shirley Miller are all over the place. :rofl:

Tom English the only one making some sense. Beautiful

8 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

SPORTsound is good fun today. Pat the Boner and Shirley Miller are all over the place. :rofl:

Tom English the only one making some sense. Beautiful

If that's the case it must be the pits.

Michael Stewart has an ego bigger than his footballing ability. While he has found his niche as a pundit he would never have achieved it as a manager.

He lets his agenda colour his thinking when it comes to Craig Levein.  Levein is smarter and winds Mikey up without much effort.

1 hour ago, Markymark said:

Yes I did. For around 4/5 years. I’ve seen many better players come through the club. 

And with that statement your credibility is shot..........:byebye:

1 hour ago, Lemongrab said:

A bit off topic but...I remember some kind of sprint contest at half-time, in the late 80s, and if my memory serves me, it was George taking on some players. I can't remember which players, but does this ring a bell?

This was what sprung to my mind when someone suggested Levein was slow. 

Think it was Walter Kidd Testimonial? George was our sprint coach at the time and he was taking on players from byeline to half way line at half time.......Levein left George trailing in his wake, looking over his shoulder laughing at him with about 5 yards to go. IIRC?

1 hour ago, JyTees said:

To be honest, I'd rather we stick to comparing apples with apples. 

Levein was the best defender to wear a maroon jersey in my lifetime, bar none.

Following HMFC since 77 and have to agree. The fact that only Jardine and Fyssas spring to mind says alota lot

Big Slim Stylee
2 hours ago, Markymark said:

Yes I did. For around 4/5 years. I’ve seen many better players come through the club. 

Wow. Just....wow. ?

43 minutes ago, GYL said:

This was what sprung to my mind when someone suggested Levein was slow. 

Think it was Walter Kidd Testimonial? George was our sprint coach at the time and he was taking on players from byeline to half way line at half time.......Levein left George trailing in his wake, looking over his shoulder laughing at him with about 5 yards to go. IIRC?

I didn't imagine it then, thanks.?

I'm sure JC was involved as well and I think there was something in the programme about George and the New Year sprints at Musselburgh.

Edited by Lemongrab
sprints...not prints.

2 hours ago, Markymark said:

No big deal?. WTF!! Really shows your intelligence levels when you think it’s acceptable to raise your hands to a colleague ?

You're either trolling or have a screw loose. Either way, you're on ignore, ya rocket.

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Boab said:

You're either trolling or have a screw loose. Either way, you're on ignore, ya rocket.

Succinct.

11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Doesn’t make what CL said right though does it? Lennon has left and one of the reasons is because of his treatment of his players.

Who got the better reaction from his players? Levein or Lennon?

i wish jj was my dad
4 hours ago, Markymark said:

I'm afraid that makes you look rather silly then. Even post injury when his pace and ability to turn were inhibited he was absolute top drawer. 

5 hours ago, wavydavy said:

That is utter nonsense and you are just as blinkered as you claim Stewart is. I have heard him praise Hearts when they were playing well earlier in the season as to has Thompson on Sportscene.

So, why isn't Stewart and Thompson slating Lennon for his Kamberi comments then? Craig Levein, love him or loathe him, is an easy target in the media fuelled by his tenure as Scotland boss.

Sexton Hardcastle

Levein demanding an apology from Stewart on his comments that Levein allegedly tried to get him sacked from his position. Imagine it is and Craig confirmed that is utter tripe.

Should be fun to see the bbc force him to retract that claim.

Pundits eg ex players need to be controversial and opinionated or they’d won’t get the gig. As per “On the Ball” today. 

1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Levein demanding an apology from Stewart on his comments that Levein allegedly tried to get him sacked from his position. Imagine it is and Craig confirmed that is utter tripe.

Should be fun to see the bbc force him to retract that claim.

Craig likes a confrontation 

He has played it calm re referees when he'd want to take them on

Stewart might get it instead 

Edited by Mikey1874

5 hours ago, JamboAl1965 said:

Following HMFC since 77 and have to agree. The fact that only Jardine and Fyssas spring to mind says alota lot

I go back to 65 and he is without doubt best so far. And that’s with two career-threatening injuries at

a time when fixing cruciate ligament injuries was far from commonplace. 

Jamboscanbevicius
1 hour ago, Locky said:

So, why isn't Stewart and Thompson slating Lennon for his Kamberi comments then? Craig Levein, love him or loathe him, is an easy target in the media fuelled by his tenure as Scotland boss.

Poor wee Neil is too fragile to criticise!

But to be fair, CL also gets it because he is a WUM too!

5 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

On the subject of Leveins pace I remember v PSG in the 80s over there the first time I knew we were in serious soapy was when their striker Toko? left CL for dead when chasing a through ball. Reeking drunk though I was I thought  uh oh ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nabatingue_Toko

I for one cannot wait to hear Stewarts reply to Levein's demand for an apology.

Stewart is such an egotistical mouth-piece even if the BBC demanded that he clarify that he was wrong he'd rather lose his job than concede defeat to Levein.

On another note he took a wee swipe at Levein having never one a trophy on Twitter. Did MS ever win a trophy in his career? I genuinely do not know hence why I ask. 

Edited by Squirt

9 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

So it turns out Michael is a lying arsehole then?

Craig has it in writing from the Beeb!

6 hours ago, Jlv2004 said:

She probably does run it as a business, in the sense she delegates the important decisions to the person she sees as the expert.

If you genuinely think that what is going on at Hearts is not working, then I would suggest that football is not for you.

1 minute ago, Finlay James said:

If you genuinely think that what is going on at Hearts is not working, then I would suggest that football is not for you.

Would you really?

The fact is a number of us are paying a lot of money and not seeing any great benefit. 

7 hours ago, JyTees said:

Mackay should be nowhere near the list. Great servant to the club, but limited ability.

Gary Mackay was not a limited player. He was a very good attacking midfield player who suffered from staying at Hearts to long, much like Paul McStay at Celtic. 

He was also shuffled all overy midfield especially under Jordan, much to his detriment. His game awareness with Robbo was also different class. 

1 minute ago, Jlv2004 said:

Would you really?

The fact is a number of us are paying a lot of money and not seeing any great benefit. 

Stop paying then, you do have a choice.

6 hours ago, Jlv2004 said:

Just now, Jlv2004 said:

Would you really?

Well, you're the customer (as opposed to a supporter) so you can go anytime, keep your cash but, you have to promise not to infect this board Michael.

34 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

So it turns out Michael is a lying arsehole then?

What's this?

Think I've missed something good!

Just now, Finlay James said:

Stop paying then, you do have a choice.

Indeed we do.

And the reason we're continuing to pay is we're  Hearts to the core 

Without us you wouldn't have such a success. 

3 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Well, you're the customer (as opposed to a supporter) so you can go anytime, keep your cash but, you have to promise not to infect this board Michael.

I have  no idea what this means. 

7 hours ago, Markymark said:

As above and in addition

Colin cameron

paul hartley

stephen pressley 

Alan mclaren

john colquhoun 

craig Gordon 

Levein was better than all of them imo.

6 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

What's this?

Think I've missed something good!

In the midst of his Twitter breakdown yesterday, he claimed that CL tried to get him removed from his position at the BBC.

Today CL revealed that he has it in writing from the BBC that MS is making that up.

i wish jj was my dad
5 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Without a shadow of a doubt. Gordon was the only one who had the potential to come close, injuries blew that for him too. 

That's where I am at.

Wednesday was appalling and criticism about our over reliance on Naismith and Levein's comments on Vanacek (which I still think were ill advised) were justified. However Michael Stewart can't help himself and immediately makes it personal with Levein whenever an opportunity presents itself. He didn't even have the class to park their history and make a point of wishing Levein well after his heart scare. It's embarrassing and does him no favours. 

I love Scottish football and I like the fact that managers are given a fair chance and not hired and fired at will like the English Championship. Changing managers is expensive and judgements need to be made over a reasonable period of time. 

19 minutes ago, Jlv2004 said:

Indeed we do.

Make your mind up.

First you say it's not working now you say it's a success.

BTW  I notice it's another new account.

Who were you in a previous JKB existence ? 

21 minutes ago, Jlv2004 said:

Indeed we do.

Success?  I thought you said we weren't doing very well with Budge & Levein at the helm?

24 minutes ago, Jlv2004 said:

I have  no idea what this means. 

1 minute ago, Finlay James said:

Success?  I thought you said we weren't doing very well with Budge & Levein at the helm?

Confusing, isn't it!!!