Michael Stewart

Phil Dunphy

See this “medals” chat? Any Hearts fan who uses that is a ****ing arsehole. Hibs patter and utterly chronic. Same as it is when used against Gary MacKay. Even though I’m not a big fan of MacKay, he served Hearts with pride, and was a very good player indeed. Just like Levein has. 

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bridge of Djoum

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• wavydavy

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Puerile response because he knows Stewart is right and CL has no real answer. The facts speak for themselves. 

It's actually factual response from Craig! Hearts should ban Stewart from Tynecastle 

3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

It's actually factual response from Craig! Hearts should ban Stewart from Tynecastle 

He's allowed an opinion like everyone else to be fair.

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

You're posting absolute nonsense that doesn't address the point : Stewart called out CL and this time he is bang on the money. CL doesn't have the answer to  his own failings (which is what Stewart is highlighting) so makes a snippy pointless comment . But post away. Ban Stewart ,  :facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

See this “medals” chat? Any Hearts fan who uses that is a ****ing arsehole. Hibs patter and utterly chronic. Same as it is when used against Gary MacKay. Even though I’m not a big fan of MacKay, he served Hearts with pride, and was a very good player indeed. Just like Levein has. 

Any **** using that patter can **** off to .net where they belong!

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

Yeah he is but he's got an agenda against one manager in particular in my opinion 

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

You're posting absolute nonsense that doesn't address the point : Stewart called out CL and this time he is bang on the money. CL doesn't have the answer to  his own failings (which is what Stewart is highlighting) so makes a snippy pointless comment . But post away. Ban Stewart ,  :facepalm:

His “medals” chat is beneath contempt.

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Ironically, he has a wee tantrum every time someone has an opinion that differs from his.

6 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Yeah he is but he's got an agenda against one manager in particular in my opinion 

Think he's maybe passionate as it's the club he supports. 

It is typical loudmouth stuff from Stewart but the points he is making are ones which the Board should be asking of Levein.

What happened to the continuity strategy - 105 players in 4.5 years?  What is the style of play throughout the club - the fabled Principles of Play?  Why are so few academy players getting a game at Hearts after all the talk of youth players coming through?  Where are the successes to point to in the coach training and succession model - Foxy at Cowdenbeath?

5 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Ironically, he has a wee tantrum every time someone has an opinion that differs from his.

Mind it was levein that took the wee tantrum after stewart originally criticised his man management....Can I add steven Thompson also criticised him and wasn't mentioned about by levein.

14 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

That's a bit Newco is it not?

21 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

What's Stewarts stats in management?

Not sure what your point is. He’s a pundit and has pointed out some uncomfortable facts, which I suppose is what he’s paid to do. Like you and aye, MS is also a Hearts supporter and therefore has a right to be concerned by those statistics. 

13 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Any **** using that patter can **** off to .net where they belong!

I started going to games when I was seven years old. Levein was in that team. I loved watching us play. We were absolutely untouchable at times, but also had games where we toiled. Quite topical after @Skippy Doodle‘s thread earlier.

Anyone who was there to watch the 1986 - 1998 Hearts teams should think themselves really fortunate to have watched some unbelievably good players at Tynecastle. Even though no medals were won, Craig Levein was about worth the entry fee on his own.

I was there watching us for both of Stewart’s spells at the club too. Massive difference is that Craig Levein was the genuine article. A Rolls Royce of a player. Genuinely a joy to watch on the pitch. Not seen a Hearts defender anywhere near his ability since. Allan McLaren probably the closest. Mickey Stewart was about the most overrated average midfielder ever to grace the Tynecastle turf in maroon. He absolutely could not take responsibility for his own failings ever. Misplace a pass, lose the ball, **** up a set piece? Start pointing at whoever was closest to him and blame them. I remember him passing the ball to the advertising hoardings once, visibly started twisting his head left and right looking for someone to blame and settled on Ian Black. Started pointing at him and screeching at him. Comedy stuff.

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Not sure what your point is. He’s a pundit and has pointed out some uncomfortable facts, which I suppose is what he’s paid to do. Like you and aye, MS is also a Hearts supporter and therefore has a right to be concerned by those statistics. 

Exactly 

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Point is levein puts his head in the block managing and Stewart thinks he's got all the answers but not got the balls to manage 

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Point is levein puts his head in the block managing and Stewart thinks he's got all the answers but not got the balls to manage 

Which is a fair point Levein made. 

To MS, Hearts & Levien(in particular) are soft easy targets, Stewart would never attack Celtic andRangers or their respective managers with the same venom, he values his windaes too much!

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Yip. 

***** behavior. 

Folk forget that we went 35+ years without a trophy. 

Jc, mackay, CL, big Dave, mclaren, Clarke, MacDonald, Smith, Black etc all won **** all, even wee Robbo got a medal on a technicality, he never played in the final. 

We had a very good team that was a little unlucky, any Hearts fans with the loser patter are ****ing grade 1 ring piece, especially if over 35.

It was a thing thrown at us from Utd, Motherwell, St mirren, Aberdeen and even hibs fans after the skol cup- all the time. 

I remember getting into a few fights at school because of it. ?

2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Yip. 

***** behavior. 

Folk forget that we went 35+ years without a trophy. 

Jc, mackay, CL, big Dave, mclaren, Clarke, MacDonald, Smith, Black etc all won **** all, even wee Robbo got a medal on a technicality, he never played in the final. 

We had a very good team that was a little unlucky, any Hearts fans with the loser patter are ****ing grade 1 ring piece, especially if over 35.

It was a thing thrown at us from Utd, Motherwell, St mirren, Aberdeen and even hibs fans after the skol cup- all the time. 

I remember getting into a few fights at school because of it. ?

It is the calling card of the Hibby and the simpleton. Any Hearts supporter adopting that patter is a ****ing *****. No two ways about it. Idiot material.

Bellend as a player.

Bellend as a pundit.

Any supposed Hearts fan that backs him over our manager can **** off quite frankly.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

He is stating a fact not a lie. Unfortunately it is true and I see no signs of it changing.

Whether it's false or not, it's another case of that welt sticking the boot into Levein just because he doesn't get on with the guy. I don't believe for a second that he cares about the clubs benefit, he loves it when Levein says something outspoken because he can boost his own rep and ego by sticking the boot into Scottish football's public enemy.

Quite frankly, Mikey Stewart could tweet the meaning of life and I'd still rather switch off and ignore the ****. Shite player, and becoming an increasingly shite pundit in my eyes for his blinkered views. ***** of a man.

9 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

To MS, Hearts & Levien(in particular) are soft easy targets, Stewart would never attack Celtic andRangers or their respective managers with the same venom, he values his windaes too much!

Don’t think he has ever criticised Lennon either and they are under-achieving more than us at the moment

Edited by soonbe110

4 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

It is the calling card of the Hibby Simpleton. Any Hearts supporter adopting that patter is a ****ing *****. No two ways about it. Idiot material.

Ftfy.

(As no Hearts fan would use that as a stick to beat Levein with, none that are aware of 1986 anyway)

Edited by El Diez

1 minute ago, Locky said:

he loves it when Levein says something outspoken because he can boost his own rep and ego by sticking the boot in

:spoton:

Like stalking a celebrity on social and then harassing them to **** until people start to recognise your name.

45 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Be better if we banned Levein tbf.

2 minutes ago, El Diez said:

Ftfy.

(As no Hearts fan would use that as a stick to beat Levein with, none that are aware of 1986 anyway)

You would think, eh? I don’t know any more to be honest. My opinion of Hearts supporters has changed quite a lot in the last decade or so, unfortunately. 

31 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

his hatred LeVein is all he cares about. He couldn't give a toss about our club

He never slated Gerrard when he tore about players telling them to man up. Didn’t say a word when Lennon and Parker went through Kamberi. Soon as CL says vanacek ‘was rubbish’ (which was true) all hell breaks loose. MS has a problem with CL. Who says he’s a hearts fan, there’s a photo kicking about from his younger days stating he was a Hibs fan. The boy is an arsehole.

6 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Be better if we banned Levein tbf.

Whereas I'd settle for JKB banning the arseholes on here with an unhealthy obsession with the manager of Heart of Midlothian.

Opinions, eh?

Bazzas right boot

Why does Stewart berat CL, but not Gerrard. Behind Killie, massive wages, poor discipline. 

What about Lennon and the hibs striker or when last year after we beat them and he ****ed up the maths he threatened to resign as he went in the huff live on air. ?

Stewart is a worthwhile pundit to listen to in general but when CL is involved he's a slavering arse. 

53 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Then he (MS) can pay to get in like the rest of the supporters.

About time some of the pundits actually asked some questions of Leveins stewardship.

woukd like to see Leveins retort to MS points as he is bang on.

39 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

He never slated Gerrard when he tore about players telling them to man up. Didn’t say a word when Lennon and Parker went through Kamberi. Soon as CL says vanacek ‘was rubbish’ (which was true) all hell breaks loose. MS has a problem with CL. Who says he’s a hearts fan, there’s a photo kicking about from his younger days stating he was a Hibs fan. The boy is an arsehole.

This. Stewarts agenda is ****ing clear as day. Also, that picture isn't him. It has the lads birthday and its not the same as his so cannot be him. He'd have some credibility if like you say he'd have gotten torn in about Gerrard and Lennon for their comments but he hasn't because he doesn't care, its only Levein. 

If the comments came from Sutton I honestly wouldn't care as it would be unbiased. Stewart hates Levein and makes no effort to hide it. Praise when due is minimal at best, errors are pounced on like a starved animal. Think wee Mikey needs to grow the **** up. 

Craig has 'brought in' 60 players across Robbie Neilson and Ian Cathro's time, as well as his own.

Robbie Neilson's team was promoted as Champions at a canter and followed that up by qualifying for Europe. He then left with the team near the top the of the league, unsurprisingly really, after elements of our 'support' hired a plane criticising him and his team.

He was replaced, as we know, by Ian Cathro who, no doubt having seen the abuse dished out to Neilson, decided to play differently. Again, unsurprisingly, this required different player to Neilson's approach and so they were recruited and others, initially signed to get us out of the Championship, moved on.

That approach having failed (the drive down from Peterhead will live long in the memory), and CL himself took the role and is trying to do it his way. Again, this necessitated a perfectly understandable turnover of players, as he didn't want to approach the job as Cathro did, despite having been accused of picking the team (when we lost), in fact he'd supported both the managers appointed in his time as DoF in line with the available budget.

His return to the dugout seemed to be working too, right up until we lost 4 of our key players (and with Djoum still only feeling his way back after a serious injury) we were flying and the away support was bigger than it usually is. No team with our level of resource, could lose the players we lost and expect to maintain that form. Sure, form has dipped more than anyone wanted and everyone needs and presumably wants to do better, but it remains true that Stewart's praise for Hearts at the start of the season was considerably more measured, grudged would be a good word, than the criticism since.

We are sixth in the table. It's January. I'd expect us ordinarily to finish above two of the teams currently above us, one of whom we play tomorrow. 3rd or 4th and a decent kick at the ball in the cups is what most realistic Hearts fans would expect every season. We've made the league cup semi-final, we have a junior team at home to reach the quarter finals of the Scottish cup and we have plenty of league games still to play with a squad now approaching full strength.

The academy point is the most laughable of all. Our youth system was decimated and a lot of remedial work has taken place. We now have strength throughout the age groups and have a significant number of youngsters out on loan, cutting their teeth and contributing to the teams they are playing for, in the lower leagues, gaining more and more experience before hopefully challenging for the first team. In much the same way Michael Stewart went on loan to Nottingham Forest, but hopefully considerably more successfully.

As for the political comparison, it seemed to me he was suggesting that if he wouldn't take advice on football management from someone who hadn't ever been a football manager, he was equally unlikely to take political advice from someone who had manifestly failed in that field. It just so happened that the same person fitted both examples.

Could things be better? Yep, I'm happy to wait until the season is actually finished though.

Would I rather have Michael Stewart in the dugout? :rofl:

The bottom line is, Craig Levein is not doing a great job right now. Many games are being played at a pedestrian pace, with no urgency and players still looking like they worked on nothing at training. Levein is quite rightly feeling the pressure, because he cannot get them to perform right now. But it's not good enough, and he needs to accept criticism is going to come his way.

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, El Diez said:

Ftfy.

Spot on. I can normally excuse Stewart's obsession with Craig as a personal thing but his medals chat and anybody else joining in with that line can **** off. 

2 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

The bottom line is, Craig Levein is not doing a great job right now. Many games are being played at a pedestrian pace, with no urgency and players still looking like they worked on nothing at training. Levein is quite rightly feeling the pressure, because he cannot get them to perform right now. But it's not good enough, and he needs to accept criticism is going to come his way.

The bottom line is that the team isn't playing very well, he sounds as frustrated as anyone at players taking the easy option of a pass backwards rather than trying to find a way forward. I've seen nothing to suggest that he is instructing them to do that.

I didn't hear him calling out or disagreeing with any other criticism, I can only imagine being asked about Stewart's less than balanced view of his performance gets a little wearing. Having watched and listened to his interviews on the radio and Hearts TV, he doesn't regularly seem to take offence to the questions, accepts the situation prompting them and delivers his view calmly and honestly. 

1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Well said. Levein got within a whisker of a league and cup double with Hearts as a player. When he got injured he was on the cusp of a move to a big English club where he almost certainly could have won medals. He's streaks ahead of every single Hibs defender in the last 30 or 40 years, medals or no medals.

Bazzas right boot

Every time Stewart has a Go, Craig put him in his place. 

Last time, it was the worst £1 he ever spent that got Stewart spitting feathers. 

?

This time me, he's basically called him a coward and a back seat driver on the things Stewart thinks is his profession. 

He's correct too. 

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Well said. Levein got within a whisker of a league and cup double with Hearts as a player. When he got injured he was on the cusp of a move to a big English club where he almost certainly could have won medals. He's streaks ahead of every single Hibs defender in the last 30 or 40 years, medals or no medals.

Craig Levein remains to this day, one of the finest footballers I’ve been lucky enough to see playing for Heart of Midlothian.

Going back to my earlier point, I think it’s an age thing. If you were fortunate enough to have followed his playing career the very least you would do now is show the man some respect. I see it with guys I work with, I tell them how he was such a classy player who was destined for the very top and it’s clear they’re oblivious to that. 

Jack Torrance
1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I started going to games when I was seven years old. Levein was in that team. I loved watching us play. We were absolutely untouchable at times, but also had games where we toiled. Quite topical after @Skippy Doodle‘s thread earlier.

Anyone who was there to watch the 1986 - 1998 Hearts teams should think themselves really fortunate to have watched some unbelievably good players at Tynecastle. Even though no medals were won, Craig Levein was about worth the entry fee on his own.

I was there watching us for both of Stewart’s spells at the club too. Massive difference is that Craig Levein was the genuine article. A Rolls Royce of a player. Genuinely a joy to watch on the pitch. Not seen a Hearts defender anywhere near his ability since. Allan McLaren probably the closest. Mickey Stewart was about the most overrated average midfielder ever to grace the Tynecastle turf in maroon. He absolutely could not take responsibility for his own failings ever. Misplace a pass, lose the ball, **** up a set piece? Start pointing at whoever was closest to him and blame them. I remember him passing the ball to the advertising hoardings once, visibly started twisting his head left and right looking for someone to blame and settled on Ian Black. Started pointing at him and screeching at him. Comedy stuff.

Felt like I was reading a post I’d written myself. Spot on with everything.

Some of the players we had 86-98 were brilliant honest reliable pros.

Levein’s by far the best defender I’ve ever seen for us.

Spot on about Stewart too. Used to really wind me up when he blamed others for his utterly awful passing. He was a clown on the pitch. I actually warmed to him a little when he started being a pundit. 

Jack Torrance
2 minutes ago, El Diez said:

Craig Levein remains to this day, one of the finest footballers I’ve been lucky enough to see playing for Heart of Midlothian.

Going back to my earlier point, I think it’s an age thing. If you were fortunate enough to have followed his playing career the very least you would do now is show the man some respect. I see it with guys I work with, I tell them how he was such a classy player who was destined for the very top and it’s clear they’re oblivious to that. 

Saw him play and have nothing but respect for him. Happy he’s at our club. He’ll always give 100% for us.