• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bridge of Djoum

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• wavydavy

5 hours ago, Locky said:

Whether it's false or not, it's another case of that welt sticking the boot into Levein just because he doesn't get on with the guy. I don't believe for a second that he cares about the clubs benefit, he loves it when Levein says something outspoken because he can boost his own rep and ego by sticking the boot into Scottish football's public enemy.

Quite frankly, Mikey Stewart could tweet the meaning of life and I'd still rather switch off and ignore the ****. Shite player, and becoming an increasingly shite pundit in my eyes for his blinkered views. ***** of a man.

And CL can use this as a deflection from his real problem which is trying to sort out his issues on the park.

Your eyes are unfortunately blinkered to the real problem at Hearts.

Edited by wavydavy

34 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

I've heard pretty much the same thing from many. It's a bummer I never got to see him back then 

I don't think too many people have any doubts about how good a player CL was but we are talking about him as a Manager and unfortunately he is not showing the same class.

Edited by wavydavy

3 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

Michael Stewart will always hate the man who identified that he was a ****ing shite footballer.

Retired aged 30 - not because of injury but because of utter shiteyness.  

Levein, the player, was one of the best to wear maroon and his service to the club (and integral role in our revival after the Romanov shambles) will ensure he will be forever remembered.

Plus - he’ll get us a trophy in the next 2 years.  

3 hours ago, Jack Torrance said:

5871BC65-E8B0-4384-93A7-868EE5035A3C.jpeg

Posting a picture of a Hearts player who was attacked by a teammate. Bizarre.  Levein should never have kicked a ball for us again imo. Levein was a fantastic player for us. End of. We are all agreed. As a manager he has failed miserably to come anywhere winning us a trophy. He has been kicking about the club off and on for 35 years but , in the "off" periods we have won 3 Scottish Cups.  Greig,  McNeill and Miller all lifted EUROPEAN  trophies with their clubs, as players, but all were sacked as manager. Where does the infatuation for Levein the manager come from ?? He is a disagreeable character who is coming to the end of his tenure at the club.

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

51 minutes ago, Jlv2004 said:

Potentially, Levein could have played anywhere. 

I've never seen a better footballer at Tynecastle. 

No. He was a great defender, because he was clever. He could read the game amazingly well. He was not creative the way you need players to be in certain positions. Nor was he fast.

He was certainly one of the best Hearts players I have seen (in over 60 years) - but, no, he could not have played "anywhere" - nor was he the best player ever at Tynie

I've come to realise that all you levein haters on here are right. Michael Stewart is right too. We should get rid and bring in the darling of the media      step forward Neil Lennon, someone loved by the sycophantic smsm and some idiots in here. FTH

Lennon pretty much threatened Kamberi with violence after the last Derby, no comments from Mikey. Levein rightly slags off an unfit player, Mikey breaks out into a full rager. Stand doon Mikey!

Edit. I've just seen violent Lennon has been suspended. Come on media, let's hear how what "Lenny" has done compares to calling a player rubbish

Edited by MrBones

12 minutes ago, jambali said:

No. He was a great defender, because he was clever. He could read the game amazingly well. He was not creative the way you need players to be in certain positions. Nor was he fast.

He was certainly one of the best Hearts players I have seen (in over 60 years) - but, no, he could not have played "anywhere" - nor was he the best player ever at Tynie

As I remember it he was very fast. Didn't he win the footballers sprint thing they used to have every year? His long legs let him stretch away from players anyhow - that was his thing.

MR INCREDIBLE
11 minutes ago, jambali said:

Not was he fast?

He was one of the fastest players ever to wear the jersey. 

I think he won one of the big sprint competitions in his prime. 

18 minutes ago, jambali said:

I spoke to George McNeill, our sprint coach in the 1980s, earlier this season and I asked him about Levein's pace. He said Theo Walcott is the only player he has ever seen who is as fast. I asked about Cristiano Ronaldo and he said no, because of a shorter stride. To say Levein wasn't fast is laughable.

50 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Levein was better than Fyssas and McLaren imo. He was absolutely sublime.

Better than Fyssas? That's a bold claim mate.

I'm a big Levein fan but Fyssas Is up there with the best to ever wear the shirt.

P.s I say that fully prepared (and happy) to hear the stories of Young, Cummings, Mackay etc

15 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

I spoke to George McNeill, our sprint coach in the 1980s, earlier this season and I asked him about Levein's pace. He said Theo Walcott is the only player he has ever seen who is as fast. I asked about Cristiano Ronaldo and he said no, because of a shorter stride. To say Levein wasn't fast is laughable.

Pretty sure he won the New Year (Powderhall) sprint in his prime?

Just now, Miko said:

Better than Fyssas? That's a bold claim mate.

I'm a big Levein fan but Fyssas Is up there with the best to ever wear the shirt.

P.s I say that fully prepared (and happy) to hear the stories of Young, Cummings, Mackay etc

Fussas was a fantastic player. IMO Levein was better. Maybe I would feel differently if I was a Pana fan and had watched him regularly when he was in his prime? 

Either way, Levein was an unbelievable player. Was a brilliant defender and when he ventured forward, he played like a top midfielder. Could hit a ball with his head and feet like a good striker too. He was unbelievably good.

Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Fussas was a fantastic player. IMO Levein was better. Maybe I would feel differently if I was a Pana fan and had watched him regularly when he was in his prime? 

Either way, Levein was an unbelievable player. Was a brilliant defender and when he ventured forward, he played like a top midfielder. Could hit a ball with his head and feet like a good striker too. He was unbelievably good.

Will take your word for it mate. Was too young to properly see the gaffer.

Fyssas for me is tied with Janny for the most talented man I've seen in a hearts Jersey. 

6 minutes ago, Miko said:

Will take your word for it mate. Was too young to properly see the gaffer.

Fyssas for me is tied with Janny for the most talented man I've seen in a hearts Jersey. 

Dont get me wrong. Fyssas was a brilliant player.  

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Dont get me wrong. Fyssas was a brilliant player.  

One of the best.

From what I'm told (by you and countless others) so was Levein.

Nice to have a reasonable discussion in this place.  All the best?

1 minute ago, Miko said:

One of the best.

From what I'm told (by you and countless others) so was Levein.

Nice to have a reasonable discussion in this place.  All the best?

Yep. And the same to you. ?

3 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

If you don't think it IS personal you're not paying attention man

I'm paying attention. What did MS say that was wrong? Maybe you should pay attention?

3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Off course it's personal, Michael steward a mouth piece who couldn't lace Craig leveins boots as a player and hasn't got the balls to manage 

The point is, CL IS the manager. But you don't get it and want to wander off in any direction that deflects from the abysmal state the team is currently in. Whether or not MS has the balls is irrelevant because MS isn't in a position to influence what CL does at Hearts but CL is obviously having a major problem with the flak heading his way - for which he has no answer. 

1 hour ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Not was he fast?

He was one of the fastest players ever to wear the jersey. 

I think he won one of the big sprint competitions in his prime. 

I know there are some real drongos on thus thread who will spout any old pish. Levein was the perfect foil for an ageing partner centre back like Jardine  because he was quick.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

As I remember it he was very fast. Didn't he win the footballers sprint thing they used to have every year? His long legs let him stretch away from players anyhow - that was his thing.

Yep. I remember him being pretty fast also. Don’t know why anyone would say he wasn’t ? Puzzling

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, jambali said:

I don’t agree with the misty eyed revisionist history of CL as a player. His passing wasn’t great, he was hopeless in midfield and learnt all he knew from Jardine. He doesn’t make it into my team of all time greats. He still expects senior players to coach youngsters when the game has moved on, great coaches teach youngsters how they want the game played. From my memory CL used to use his pace to recover. All this has nothing to do with Michael Stewart, an arsehole no doubt but that doesn’t make his views on Hearts wrong.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Wow. Over to you Michael Stewart. That’s way worse than what CL said

Doesn’t make what CL said right though does it? Lennon has left and one of the reasons is because of his treatment of his players.

Seymour M Hersh
52 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Doesn’t make what CL said right though does it? Lennon has left and one of the reasons is because of his treatment of his players.

Time will tell if he did the right thing. But I have no problems with him doing it.

As for your garbage about him no being that good a player. Well in my 53 years of going to see Hearts he was the finest defender and one of the best players of any position he had it all, speed, ability to read the game, passing, tackling and drive and hunger. Had he not been done by a vermin shitehawk in a reserve derby (he didn't need to play in) then I have no doubt he would have played and been very successful at the top level in England. Could have been alongside Alan Hansen.

Don't mind Michael Stewart but I don't take anything he says about Levein seriously. Stewart is a salty, bitter man who was a poor player and probably the worst Hearts captain in history. 

He's a better pundit than he was player but he can't get over himself enough to not start frothing at the mouth when Levein is mentioned.

Selkirkhmfc1874
22 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Time will tell if he did the right thing. But I have no problems with him doing it.

As for your garbage about him no being that good a player. Well in my 53 years of going to see Hearts he was the finest defender and one of the best players of any position he had it all, speed, ability to read the game, passing, tackling and drive and hunger. Had he not been done by a vermin shitehawk in a reserve derby (he didn't need to play in) then I have no doubt he would have played and been very successful at the top level in England. Could have been alongside Alan Hansen.

Brilliant player who would've gone to very top in hadn't been for injury 

14 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Yeah he is but he's got an agenda against one manager in particular in my opinion 

He certainly has, he hates CL to the core, tries to mask it as journalism, but he isn’t fooling anyone !

i wish jj was my dad
7 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Levein was the best defender in the country by a mile and he was very quick. 

A far better player than Miller, McLeish and anyone else for that matter. 

Bar none. 

Spot on Jonno. He was the best central defender if his generation when we had genuine world class players.

No question he could have played anywhere and if it hadn't been for injury he would have.

i wish jj was my dad
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t agree with the misty eyed revisionist history of CL as a player. His passing wasn’t great, he was hopeless in midfield and learnt all he knew from Jardine. He doesn’t make it into my team of all time greats. He still expects senior players to coach youngsters when the game has moved on, great coaches teach youngsters how they want the game played. From my memory CL used to use his pace to recover. All this has nothing to do with Michael Stewart, an arsehole no doubt but that doesn’t make his views on Hearts wrong.

Your bitterness has exceeded itself. It is fair enough to criticise him for our current form and you've even stretched it in the past to try and blame him for our run of injuries but to suggest he was anything other than a top, top player is nonsense. Mikey Stewart shows more objectivity.

The Real Maroonblood
9 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Levein was better than Fyssas and McLaren imo. He was absolutely sublime.

Agreed.

9 hours ago, jambali said:

Others have answered the speed point  

I didn't say best ever, I said best I'd seen (in over 40 years).

As a then centre back to suggest he lacked creativity is nonsense. 

When I said he could play anywhere what I meant was play for any club.

10 hours ago, wavydavy said:

And CL can use this as a deflection from his real problem which is trying to sort out his issues on the park.

Your eyes are unfortunately blinkered to the real problem at Hearts.

Their not. Unlike Stewart, I have the capability of telling it like it is irrespective of my personal opinions of personnel. Stewart hasn't said one good word about Hearts, or Levein, since he took over, and there's been plenty positives in amongst the shite.

10 hours ago, Jlv2004 said:

Potentially, Levein could have played anywhere. 

I've never seen a better footballer at Tynecastle. 

And this.

8 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I'm paying attention. What did MS say that was wrong? Maybe you should pay attention?

When CL had a heart attack, a f'n heart attack mind that ginger prick couldn't bring himself to say his name on national television. Wished him well through gritted teeth. Anything he says is tainted by his hatred IMO. 

For what it's worth I think CL was bang out of order going public with his criticism of Vanecek and, other than his hatred for Levein I think he's okay as a pundit. Certainly better than that grade a weapon Thompson

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ha ha

Trash 

12 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm just saying it's pointless looking at current form over 10 games as form changes, eg Aberdeen and us. If Aberdeen can turn their season around, so can we.

Equally, it's pointless looking at our early season form, for the reasons you state. 

As Derek McInnes said yesterday, anyone can have a good run over a couple of months. Sustaining it for over a year, as Killie have done, is the difficult bit.

queensferryjambo
10 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Posting a picture of a Hearts player who was attacked by a teammate. Bizarre.  Levein should never have kicked a ball for us again imo. 

Hogg was the one who done the attacking. He headbutted Levein before Levein punched him back.  It was filmed and on TV if you want to check that out.

I don't remember one single Hearts fan at the time saying Levein should never play for us again. In fact most Hearts fans were more worried about how long he would be suspended for.

11 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Craig Levein is not only one of the best players I've seen play for us but one of the best Scottish players I've ever seen. He is a legend. I'm not enjoying the football sometimes but I've never known a club to be so unlucky with injuries over the years. We can never seem to get any momentum and how can you legislate for the 2 mistakes against Dundee?

Signing shite players. That’s how you legislate for it.

Why not just get behind Levein whilst he is at the club? All these people who bump their gums about him and then whenever we get a poor result or a bit of media hoo-ha they go all apopleptic...What a mindset... Levein is not perfect, but there is nobody whom I would rather have at the club whom we can reasonably attract...Sacking managers without considering the repercussions and succession is nonsensical. Yes football is barmy and these things happen, but they shouldn't. Budge is not your typical club owner, she approaches the job with common and business sense. Levein is her right hand man. Understand it and accept it, for otherwise you just look like a fool who cannot understand simple things...

Levein is not the reason the media attack Hearts, but of the managers we've had this century, only he and Paulo Sergio have the wit, intelligance and balls to return it with interest.

30 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Hogg was the one who done the attacking. He headbutted Levein before Levein punched him back.  It was filmed and on TV if you want to check that out.

I don't remember one single Hearts fan at the time saying Levein should never play for us again. In fact most Hearts fans were more worried about how long he would be suspended for.

I don't particularly want to watch it again. It wasn't a great moment for the club. I realise who started it and, to clarify, both of them should have been binned imo. I'm sure there were different opinions back then, as there are now.

Edited by Enzo Chiefo