Michael Stewart

Phil Dunphy

Perth to Paisley

Quite happy if the BBC have stopped allowing Stewart to use the state broadcaster' as a vehicle to air his prejudices.

Neil Lennon regularly lambasted Kamberri to 'radio silence' from him (& others)

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bridge of Djoum

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• wavydavy

1 hour ago, graygo said:

Where/when did we sign Mcogersin?

On a thread where folk are ripping Ms for his spelling too.  :facepalm:

What, you mean you can't remember Mcogersin, and call yourself a Hearts fan?

If we had 11 Mcogersins in the current team we'd be skooshing the league, I tell you!

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, graygo said:

Where/when did we sign Mcogersin?

On a thread where folk are ripping Ms for his spelling too.  :facepalm:

Sorry it’s my big fingers, it’s MS by the way ?

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, graygo said:

Don't know why you deeted this as It's true.

When I say it it sounds like could'uv and should'uv and I'm a right clever barstard without a private educaishun.

Deeted? Should’ve checked that and you could’ve taken it off ?.

I know this would also be nitpicking... But I noticed he gave massive praise for soutter.. Especially his development in the last 2 years. But apparently all down to Berra not from any influence from the best defender to ever play for hearts of course. 

17 hours ago, Buffalo Bill said:

Craig Levein was one of the greatest players we’ve ever had, and certainly one of the greatest in the last 50 years. In fact, I’d place only John Robertson ahead of him. 

Robbo

Mclaren 

Levein

JC

Rudi

Neimi

1 hour ago, hearts151 said:

I know this would also be nitpicking... But I noticed he gave massive praise for soutter.. Especially his development in the last 2 years. But apparently all down to Berra not from any influence from the best defender to ever play for hearts of course. 

Berra is a good mate of Mikey so if course he would credit him.  Craig Levein has helped develop Soapy amazingly though as well as Cathro did too.

i wish jj was my dad
7 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

levein post-injury (the first one) was "rubbish" compared to levein pre-injury

levein post-injury was one of the best defenders in Scotland

(and a shadow of the player he might have been)

No he wasn't. He may not have been quite the same but he certainly wasn't a shadow. He couldn't turn the same which made it difficult marking tricky players but he was still Scotland's best central defender until he was about 30. 

10 hours ago, Morgan said:

Totally agree.

Up to a point.

It can be said, in the Scottish accent, to sound like ‘could have’’.

However, it’s the morons who actually type/write ‘could of’ that are in the wrong.  So wrong.

I was watching a recording and played it back a few times as I couldn’t believe what I was hearing, which was clearly could of from the trumpet. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
3 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

No he wasn't. He may not have been quite the same but he certainly wasn't a shadow. He couldn't turn the same which made it difficult marking tricky players but he was still Scotland's best central defender until he was about 30. 

sounds like I rated his potential without injury higher than you

?

8 hours ago, hearts151 said:

I thought that too.

Backing up what others are saying.

Not necessarily just Stewart but the praising of Souttar raises issues with the analysis. Mainly being too short term, focussed as fans do on immediate results. 

Some players might be in on more short term grounds. But Souttar was a 'project'. 

He was put in the team at centre half straight away. Over more experienced players e.g. Augustyn. He was kept in the side too. The odd mistake or poorer performance was not a problem. He was played to build up his experience. Trusted, backed. 

And 3 years later, despite injuries he's an outstanding player. Where is the analysis of that? 

And similarly of Sean Clare a player in much the same position. Talented but raw. But given games - to learn and slowly get better.  

I'm not picking on fans here. People are entitled to question for example Clare and Levein for playing him. But these no called experts in the media are just pandering to short term reactions to results. 

Edited by Mikey1874

3 hours ago, Rudolf said:

I’m sure Levein said could have or could’ve. 

Could’ve is definitely acceptable.

Was actually discussing this very thing, this morning.

11 hours ago, RobNox said:

What, you mean you can't remember Mcogersin, and call yourself a Hearts fan?

If we had 11 Mcogersins in the current team we'd be skooshing the league, I tell you!

We need more Mcogersins imho.

:) 

9 hours ago, hearts151 said:

Not sure how much Zaliukas had to do with Souttar's development tbh. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
16 hours ago, Darren said:

He's very clearly saying "could of". It's also how he writes it.

I noticed that, too. He's clearly thick as mince.

Also, he couldn't have laced Andy Watson's boots, either. 

14 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Also, he couldn't of laced Andy Watson's boots, either. 

Ftfy, Joey.

:wink: 

20 minutes ago, lou said:

All went very quiet, I find it believe if CL was wrong that Stewart wouldn't be tweeting within minutes. 

Exactly this.

Silence is deafening, as they say. 

When he’s on the radio I wish he’d stop that irritating little cough he does before he starts to speak ( or at least say excuse me when he does it) 

6 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Has this idiot apologised yet for making up false claims in a petty attempt to tarnish the reputation of our manager?

Not yet

As above its radio silence 

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not yet

As above its radio silence 

Not on sportsound tonight . Effusive in his praise of Mr. Lennon's management skills .

Contrarian 

17 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Not on sportsound tonight . Effusive in his praise of Mr. Lennon's management skills .

Contrarian 

Not asked about his role in the players revolt against John Collins either.

queensferryjambo
28 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Michael Stewart was completely innocent in anything to do with that..................................

He said so himself in the brilliantly eye opening 'Monday Night Fitba' interview.

You will find that if you listen to it every single thing in his career that didn't go quite right was always someone else's fault ;)

2 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Contrarian 

Sick of hearing his Neil Lennon is a winner line.

5 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Sick of hearing his Neil Lennon is a winner line.

Not at Hibs he wasn't, which is probably what's behind this whole thing. He can't cope with slumming it at a club with Hibs resources. He's also measuring himself against Celtic when finishing above us is the main target of most Hibs managers. He just caught us on an unusually bad season last year but acted like that's the norm for us and challenging for 2nd is the norm for Hibs. That's why he pretended not to understand Craig's Natural Order comment.

Not sure how "he's a winner" can be used to excuse him blowing his top and criticising his players all the time anyhow. Plenty of winners don't behave like that.

13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not at Hibs he wasn't, which is probably what's behind this whole thing. He can't cope with slumming it at a club with Hibs resources. He's also measuring himself against Celtic when finishing above us is the main target of most Hibs managers. He just caught us on an unusually bad season last year but acted like that's the norm for us and challenging for 2nd is the norm for Hibs. That's why he pretended not to understand Craig's Natural Order comment.

Not sure how "he's a winner" can be used to excuse him blowing his top and criticising his players all the time anyhow. Plenty of winners don't behave like that.

He was a "winner" at Bolton in much the same way....

Bazzas right boot
19 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Robbo

Mclaren 

Levein

JC

Rudi

Neimi

Will throw in a random. 

Stevie Frail, came from nowhere to be a brilliant right back was close to a cap, then after his injury he was proper ****ed. 

Outstanding for a season. 

Not in the league above due to his limited time at us, but he was a massive stand out for us. 

Scored the best goal I've ever seen as well v Morton in Friendly as well. 

Real shame injury ****ed him. 

Could've been a great player for us. ?

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

I was more annoyed that he lambasts CL for publicity criticising Vanacek yet praises NL for doing the same thing with kamberi . Of course nobody pulled him up for it

Stephen Muddie
On 16/01/2019 at 10:25, Bridge of Djoum said:

And there are those who will have us believe MS is a good pundit.

An irrelevant mouth on a stick who angers quickly when disagreed with. A throbber of the highest order. 

The last paragraph is solid gold :laugh: and 100% factual to boot.

:bravo:

Seymour M Hersh
16 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Also, he couldn't have laced Andy Watson's boots, either. 

Now that is an indictment on someone's lack of football ability! 

7 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Will throw in a random. 

Stevie Frail, came from nowhere to be a brilliant right back was close to a cap, then after his injury he was proper ****ed. 

Outstanding for a season. 

Not in the league above due to his limited time at us, but he was a massive stand out for us. 

Scored the best goal I've ever seen as well v Morton in Friendly as well. 

Real shame injury ****ed him. 

Could've been a great player for us. ?

Yep. What a player he was pre injury.

was lined up to go to Man City if I recall correctly then tragedy struck.

he was brilliant . I remember a few belting goals he scored

William H. Bonney
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Yep. What a player he was pre injury.

was lined up to go to Man City if I recall correctly then tragedy struck.

he was brilliant . I remember a few belting goals he scored

He could cross a ball too. Great at corners. 

The Treasurer
8 hours ago, johnthomas said:

I was more annoyed that he lambasts CL for publicity criticising Vanacek yet praises NL for doing the same thing with kamberi . Of course nobody pulled him up for it

Craig Levein did.

Proved beyond doubt that MS can't give an unbiased opinion due to his personal dislike of Levein.

20 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Craig Levein did.

Proved beyond doubt that MS can't give an unbiased opinion due to his personal dislike of Levein.

Very much so .

Quite surprised it wasn't jumped on here

The Treasurer
50 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Very much so .

Quite surprised it wasn't jumped on here

Sadly too many so-called Hearts fans on here would rather back some washed up has been who was a disgrace to our jersey, than back the club's manager who happens to be one of our greatest ever players.

I notice Stewart hasn't said a word about the most recent falling out since Levein asked for an apology and said he was lying. Instead returning to Twitter and the radio being all edgy and controversial regarding the youth of today in order to deflect from the complete arse that he made of himself last week. In doing so he's actually making an even bigger arse of himself as he's saying "kids today can't deal with stress, they are all snowflakes" but he slammed Levein for criticising a 27 year old who has since admitted he was in the wrong. 

The man is desperate for any sort of attention and I actually used to really like him, but this vendetta against Levein has pissed me off no end. 

I really hope Levein doesn't let it go to be honest, because nobody else in the media seems to realise, or simply doesn't care, how much of a hypocrite he is.

Edited by Squirt

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Sadly too many so-called Hearts fans on here would rather back some washed up has been who was a disgrace to our jersey, than back the club's manager who happens to be one of our greatest ever players.

100% , well said

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Totally agree ! The service Craig levein has given to hearts as player , director and head coach deserves far more respect