Michael Stewart

Phil Dunphy

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, Darren said:

He tries to but ends up tripping himself up by using big words he doesn't understand. He also says "could of, would of and should of" so he's clearly an imbecile.

Of that there is no doubt.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bridge of Djoum

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• wavydavy

22 hours ago, NEWSTAND said:

MS could not be more up himself than anyone I have ever come across. Still can’t leave CL alone given that the latter did not rate him as a player and neither did most of the hearts support. Grossly overrated as a footballer who ran around like a headless chicken on the park which was a rarity as he was more often than not booked or sent off. As others have said as a pundit he won’t listen to others and tries to bully them by talking over them which quite frankly is about his level to be honest. Has a major gripe against hearts and even when we were up at top of the league grudgingly praised us through gritted teeth.

Strangely enough, I think the reverse is true on Sportscene.

He can be quite patient while that slavering erse Thompson rattles on but as soon as MS starts to answer a question Thompson interrupts.

8 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

He may talk a good game, but with those low career numbers, 13 years, suggests he doesn't know as much about football as you say. Very few managers have trusted his ability his arguing style tells me he isn't interested in listening to anyone if they disagree with him.

I'd say MS is more lucky than talented. He's certainly not all that bright. He does a decent attempt at trying to sound intelligent, though. Ultimately he's an angry wee fud, he was as a player too. The way Levein has made a **** of him is utterly hilarious.

I’m really not that bothered about mikey Stewart tbh he does know football though.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Thank goodness he doesn't want to be a MSP!

?

Eejeet. 

He doesn't want anything to do with statuary maternity pay as far as I know. ?

9 hours ago, Rudy T said:

I know I was just responding to his lowly appearance numbers saying unfortunately for the rest of us who have to work for a living guys like Stewart have made fortunes from football from mostly sitting on there arse, he’s still sitting on his arse and being a complete arse talking about football and no doubt earning a few quid!

Now I like your comment even better!

11 hours ago, Darren said:

He tries to but ends up tripping himself up by using big words he doesn't understand. He also says "could of, would of and should of" so he's clearly an imbecile.

The dreaded ‘could of’ ‘would of’ brigade. :facepalm:

@Ray Gin made a very good reference to this abhorrent abuse of the English language a couple of days ago. The person he called out on it, of course never replied.

Of course, he wouldn’t of.

3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

There are a few thick folk on here who also use this totally incorrect terminology and use of grammar.

Their excuse is that is how they say it. Dense as the Amazon rainforest.

Utter planks. 

?

The White Cockade
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

The dreaded ‘could of’ ‘would of’ brigade. :facepalm:

@Ray Gin made a very good reference to this abhorrent abuse of the English language a couple of days ago. The person he called out on it, of course never replied.

Of course, he wouldn’t of.

he should of though

:robboyas:

4 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

he should of though

:robboyas:

I should of known you would reply!

An educated gent, like myself.  :wink:

The White Cockade
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I should of known you would reply!

An educated gent, like myself.  :wink:

Good Gracemount boy me 

:arry:

5 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Good Gracemount boy me 

:arry:

Doesnae matter where you come from, mate. :thumbsup:

There is a right and wrong way to type things.

You are always (like me!) bang on. 

The White Cockade
55 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:greggy:

Big Slim Stylee
13 hours ago, Morgan said:

Fecking love a bit of grammar policing I do. ?

2 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Fecking love a bit of grammar policing I do. ?

I should of known!

:biggrin:

On 16/01/2019 at 19:05, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Deary me! Mention Scottish independence and Nat fans get very sensitive. For your and @wavydavy 's info, my point was that it was different to see Stewart actually talking about football on Twitter as opposed to politics. I don't really care what he does on there as I've little interest in anything he says in any case. I just thought that it was different that he decided to tweet on the subject he is paid to talk about.

Sheesh!

Okay I bow to your wisdom and patronising reply. Guess I will receive another reply as you won't like mine. Social media......Sheesh!

On 17/01/2019 at 03:06, Darren said:

I don't really mind Stewart either way but isn't he just saying "should've"- a contraction of "should have" that can sound like "should of" and isn't wrong? If he writes that in his columns mind you... but then that would be the subs at fault too.

25 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I don't really mind Stewart either way but isn't he just saying "should've"- a contraction of "should have" that can sound like "should of" and isn't wrong? If he writes that in his columns mind you... but then that would be the subs at fault too.

Much as I think he's an eejit, you're right about that!

At least he doesn't make the classic error,

"He has went," which should be, "He has gone;" 

or,

"The boy done well," which should be, "The boy did well."

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

He noticeably says it that way, it's also how he writes it on Twitter. I'd be pretty horrified if it managed to slip into any of his columns.

On 16/01/2019 at 19:05, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Deary me! Mention Scottish independence and Nat fans get very sensitive. For your and @wavydavy 's info, my point was that it was different to see Stewart actually talking about football on Twitter as opposed to politics. I don't really care what he does on there as I've little interest in anything he says in any case. I just thought that it was different that he decided to tweet on the subject he is paid to talk about.

Sheesh!

Are you suggesting that you are not sensitive in your points? Of course we are considering the way our UK Government is dealing with the Brexit scenario.

And just for the record the reason I mentioned your location is because you are totally out of the equation when it comes to the ultimate consequences of how things eventually work out or more likely don't in the Country of the Team you support.

You may have family still in this country and I sincereley hope that they support an Independent Scotland because if they don't then they will be on a very slippery road in the coming years.

You obviously thought the grass was greener in Australia and that is entirely up to you but don't criticise me for supporting something I believe will make for a better Scotland for me and my Family. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Are you suggesting that you are not sensitive in your points? Of course we are considering the way our UK Government is dealing with the Brexit scenario.

And just for the record the reason I mentioned your location is because you are totally out of the equation when it comes to the ultimate consequences of how things eventually work out or more likely don't in the Country of the Team you support.

You may have family still in this country and I sincereley hope that they support an Independent Scotland because if they don't then they will be on a very slippery road in the coming years.

You obviously thought the grass was greener in Australia and that is entirely up to you but don't criticise me for supporting something I believe will make for a better Scotland for me and my Family. 

Missing the point mate. If Scotland does become independent, it is no concern of mine at all one way or the other. As I said, I was simply commenting on the fact that Stewart was talking about football for once.

53 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Missing the point mate. If Scotland does become independent, it is no concern of mine at all one way or the other. As I said, I was simply commenting on the fact that Stewart was talking about football for once.

Stewart talks about football a fair perrcentage of his time on TV and Radio and I think what you are referring to is more relating to Social Media and his comments there.

Please don't refer to me as  Mate. In my book that is a terminology that infers that you are a friend  or at very least we know each other which I don't think we do.

Geoff Kilpatrick
41 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Stewart talks about football a fair perrcentage of his time on TV and Radio and I think what you are referring to is more relating to Social Media and his comments there.

Please don't refer to me as  Mate. In my book that is a terminology that infers that you are a friend  or at very least we know each other which I don't think we do.

No problem. See my previous point on sensitivity.

8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Exactly.

7 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

No problem. See my previous point on sensitivity.

Yes you need to get the factor 50 on in the hot Aussie sun.

11 hours ago, wavydavy said:

A quite spectacular missing of the point here.

Well done.

The Treasurer
20 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Now accusing Levein of trying to get him sacked...……...the fued continues

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/michael-stewart-claims-craig-levein-13906454

MS , someone who refuses to acknowledge he's ever in the wrong, accuses Levein of not being able to take criticism

4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

MS , someone who refuses to acknowledge he's ever in the wrong, accuses Levein of not being able to take criticism

Takes two to Tango, ones as bad as the other. CL should concentrate on getting his team sorted. MS is doing his job.

MS hates CL and visa versa i’d rather we sorted out the team and leave them to get on with it.

Edited by Jamboelite

The pair of them need locked in a room. 

Michael Stewart has hit back at Craig Levein and claims the Hearts boss tried to have him gagged.

The Hearts boss delivered a scathing response to the pundit's criticism of his man-management skills on Friday after he publicly slaughtered new signing David Vanecek.

Levein insisted his former player had neither the bravery nor intelligence to try his hand at football management.

But now, in a series of posts on Twitter, Stewart has made the astonishing allegation that Levein tried to have him removed from his role as a pundit.

He said: "I enjoy these unintelligent conversations as much as I do the more thoughtful exchanges I have with other football people.

"I’ll keep asking the difficult questions of Craig Levein and as much as he wants to deflect with these particularly funny answers."

"His well-known need for control doesn’t work with me. He has tried to silence me before by attempting to have me removed from my position as a pundit. Unfortunately for him that didn’t work."

Levein has developed a reputation for barbed and witty comments at his press conferences but to Stewart this is all a front to deflect from his side's shortcomings.

He continued: "As for the politics, hopefully Craig may well know every healthy democracy acknowledges the need for constructive criticism in order to progress. Perhaps this is something he should really focus on.

"Craig’s brought in more than 60 players, in his time at Hearts, the equivalent of a new team every season. He asked recently to be judged after another two transfer windows.

"Well, he’s had those and the team, backed by a total squad of 30, has lost eight of the last 14 games, they're sixth in the league and bottom of the table for minutes played by academy players.

"These are the uncomfortable truths that Craig wants to deflect people from. But I sense his wit is wearing thin with the masses.

"Now he’s publicly berating a player he signed, who’s trained for two weeks but only realises now is unfit.

"Those are big problems and Ann Budge and her colleagues will undoubtedly be concerned with these uncomfortable truths, whatever they say publicly."

And the BT and BBC pundit finished with a thinly-veiled dig at Levein's trophyless record as a manager.

He added: "Craig urgently needs to learn that power always comes with accountability but I do wish him all the best. I’d love to see Craig taste that elusive success before his career finishes."

More ranting from that Ginger headed ****wit. Dig at Levein's trophyless record. Yeah great point, considering he's spent majority of his career at a club you claim to support you ****ing total ****.

1 minute ago, Locky said:

More ranting from that Ginger headed ****wit. Dig at Levein's trophyless record. Yeah great point, considering he's spent majority of his career at a club you claim to support you ****ing total ****.

He is stating a fact not a lie. Unfortunately it is true and I see no signs of it changing.

9 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He is stating a fact not a lie. Unfortunately it is true and I see no signs of it changing.

A bit like Pochettino then

19 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

The pair of them need locked in a room. 

Michael Stewart has hit back at Craig Levein and claims the Hearts boss tried to have him gagged.

The Hearts boss delivered a scathing response to the pundit's criticism of his man-management skills on Friday after he publicly slaughtered new signing David Vanecek.

Levein insisted his former player had neither the bravery nor intelligence to try his hand at football management.

But now, in a series of posts on Twitter, Stewart has made the astonishing allegation that Levein tried to have him removed from his role as a pundit.

He said: "I enjoy these unintelligent conversations as much as I do the more thoughtful exchanges I have with other football people.

"I’ll keep asking the difficult questions of Craig Levein and as much as he wants to deflect with these particularly funny answers."

"His well-known need for control doesn’t work with me. He has tried to silence me before by attempting to have me removed from my position as a pundit. Unfortunately for him that didn’t work."

Levein has developed a reputation for barbed and witty comments at his press conferences but to Stewart this is all a front to deflect from his side's shortcomings.

He continued: "As for the politics, hopefully Craig may well know every healthy democracy acknowledges the need for constructive criticism in order to progress. Perhaps this is something he should really focus on.

"Craig’s brought in more than 60 players, in his time at Hearts, the equivalent of a new team every season. He asked recently to be judged after another two transfer windows.

"Well, he’s had those and the team, backed by a total squad of 30, has lost eight of the last 14 games, they're sixth in the league and bottom of the table for minutes played by academy players.

"These are the uncomfortable truths that Craig wants to deflect people from. But I sense his wit is wearing thin with the masses.

"Now he’s publicly berating a player he signed, who’s trained for two weeks but only realises now is unfit.

"Those are big problems and Ann Budge and her colleagues will undoubtedly be concerned with these uncomfortable truths, whatever they say publicly."

And the BT and BBC pundit finished with a thinly-veiled dig at Levein's trophyless record as a manager.

He added: "Craig urgently needs to learn that power always comes with accountability but I do wish him all the best. I’d love to see Craig taste that elusive success before his career finishes."

Governor Tarkin
On 16/01/2019 at 10:25, Bridge of Djoum said:

An irrelevant mouth on a stick 

:lol:

That's a good one.

Sorry I like Craig but I'd advise him to keep his mouth shut and stop awnsering back as Michael has stated a few facts there not particularly happy about the way he treated vanacek either if he doesn't get his head right and focused on 1st team affairs It could cost him as Micheal is putting out bait. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sorry I like Craig but I'd advise him to keep his mouth shut and stop awnsering back as Michael has stated a few facts there not particularly happy about the way he treated vanacek either if he doesn't get his head right and focused on 1st team affairs It could cost him as Micheal is putting out 

Craig pointed out fact Stewart a mouth piece who not got the balls to go into management 

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Craig pointed out fact Stewart a mouth piece who not got the balls to go into management 

Your entitled to your opinion mate but I honestly feel Craig should not of came out with what he came out with regarding vanacek and now regarding m. Stewart it is only making the situation worse I would rather he fully concentrated 100 percent on getting the team right for Saturday and 3 points in the bag and back on the right track here's hoping anyway. 

41 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

Not going to get involved in their wee tit for tat but Tbf, those points highlighted,  are good points. 

We’ve been feckin shocking for months. The derby win has papered over the cracks and he’s now under pressure. Needs a win tomorrow. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Your entitled to your opinion mate but I honestly feel Craig should not of came out with what he came out with regarding vanacek and now regarding m. Stewart it is only making the situation worse I would rather he fully concentrated 100 percent on getting the team right for Saturday and 3 points in the bag and back on the right track here's hoping anyway. 

Totally agree with you and said it on weds night it was bad man management! Back levein over Stewart tho

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Not going to get involved in their wee tit for tat but Tbf, those points highlighted,  are good points. 

We’ve been feckin shocking for months. The derby win has papered over the cracks and he’s now under pressure. Needs a win tomorrow. 

What's Stewarts stats in management?

17 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Puerile response because he knows Stewart is right and CL has no real answer. The facts speak for themselves. 

3 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Can't disagree with anything stewart says tbh. 

Maybe so. But would have said that had it been any other Hearts manager?

I have my doubts to be honest.

He’s a bitter,insignificant little dick!

10 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

What's Stewarts stats in management?

He doesn't profess to be a Manager and as a pundit is entitled to give his opinion. That is what he is paid to do. I hope CL concentrates as much as possible on getting his team to perform better which is supposed to be his job so maybe if he just got on with it instead of falling out with everyone then he would get on a bit better.

Edited by wavydavy
typo