Michael Stewart

Phil Dunphy

13 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Success?  I thought you said we weren't doing very well with Budge & Levein at the helm?

The FOH project in itself is an undoubted success. 

It's not that difficult. 

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bridge of Djoum

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• wavydavy

I think Craig Levein is being clever with the apology chat.

I don't think he actually wants or needs an apology. He just wants to undermine Michael Stewart and his credibility. 

See where it goes though.  

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Maclaren was slightly slower than Levein, could do everything else. Bruno played for Juventus and only left because Baggio hated him, we only saw him at the end of his playing career. Maybe we should both get another sport to watch eh?

McLaren was the best man marker I've seen in a Hearts shirt.

(Honourable mention for Jimmy Sandison too).

Craig Levein was one of the greatest players we’ve ever had, and certainly one of the greatest in the last 50 years. In fact, I’d place only John Robertson ahead of him. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, johnthomas said:

You've gone from being irritating to downright dumb with that post . I'm sure there are many others .Maclaren was an excellent defender without having the pace or athleticism of Levein . Ritchie was a very good player but never in Levein's class .

Bruno ? Never saw a lot of him in his prime but I'm sure a class act . Spent half his time waving to the crowd at Tynecastle as the ball sailed past him 

I didn’t see really see Bruno in his prime either as it was at Juve, Levein didn’t fulfil his potential so nobody knows where he would’ve ended up.

Ritchie better than Levein, you've lost the plot with this one. Your hatred for CL is shining so bright the bulbs are about to explode. 

To say he didn't fulfil his potential is up there with the nonsense Michael Stewart comes out with. 

Unless, maybe, you are Michael Stewart ?

23 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

Craig Levein was one of the greatest players we’ve ever had, and certainly one of the greatest in the last 50 years. In fact, I’d place only John Robertson ahead of him. 

Inclined to agree with Bill here. 

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, Jlv2004 said:

McLaren was the best man marker I've seen in a Hearts shirt.

(Honourable mention for Jimmy Sandison too).

He was indeed, Heart of a lion too. I’ve always wanted to meet and ask him if he played primary school football, he was in the year below me but wasn’t in the team. I watched my mate play for Calvary Park and Maclaren was a standout in midfield at 15.

From what I’m told he was pretty much going to Spurs prior to his injury. Not old enough to really see him much but reliably informed he was class.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Maclaren was slightly slower than Levein, could do everything else. Bruno played for Juventus and only left because Baggio hated him, we only saw him at the end of his playing career. Maybe we should both get another sport to watch eh?

No way was MacLaren as good a player as Levein. As a marker or tackler maybe but there was far more to Levein's game than that

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He was indeed, Heart of a lion too. I’ve always wanted to meet and ask him if he played primary school football, he was in the year below me but wasn’t in the team. I watched my mate play for Calvary Park and Maclaren was a standout in midfield at 15.

Weird he didn't play in the primary school team. 

22 hours ago, Markymark said:

No big deal?. WTF!! Really shows your intelligence levels when you think it’s acceptable to raise your hands to a colleague ?

There was a lot of stuff that happened back then that wasn’t acceptable but,  because there was no social media to whip up a storm, things got settled ‘in-house’ usually, and the authorities didn’t feel pressure from said media to take excessive action. 

11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

At what point in any post have I said that Levein wasn’t that good, I’ve just refuted saying it in the post you’re quoting. In my opinion Maclaren, Bruno and Ritchie were better. I’m allowed my own opinion thanks.

Smith shouldn’t be mentioned alongside Levein either, he’s more a Robbie Neilson.

Absolute pish. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
21 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

No way was MacLaren as good a player as Levein. As a marker or tackler maybe but there was far more to Levein's game than that

Wasn't in same league as levein 

30 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Ritchie better than Levein, you've lost the plot with this one. Your hatred for CL is shining so bright the bulbs are about to explode. 

To say he didn't fulfil his potential is up there with the nonsense Michael Stewart comes out with. 

Unless, maybe, you are Michael Stewart ?

Levein defiantly better than Ritchie.

Levein was a class act and career was cut by injury.

Ritchie was good but Weir made him look better than he was.

Weir also done this with Wilson at the old Rangers

Bridge of Djoum

In Tomorrow's Kickback...

Read my thread on why Husref Musemic was a better striker than John Robertson..

Also, ''John Colquhoun...''Why I knew my Hearts career was over when we signed Kevin Twaddle''.

If you want to see how good a player Craig Levein was. Don't watch a Hearts game. Watch Scotland v Sweden Italia 90.

Edited by John Findlay

2 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Also, ''John Colquhoun...''Why I knew my Hearts career was over when we signed Kevin Twaddle''.

:rofl:

12 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

At what point in any post have I said that Levein wasn’t that good, I’ve just refuted saying it in the post you’re quoting. In my opinion Maclaren, Bruno and Ritchie were better. I’m allowed my own opinion thanks.

:cornette::rofl::sweeet:

deary me

SectionDJambo

Alan McLaren was an excellent defensive player. Very strong. Can’t remember him being bullied by any player. A different type of defender to Levein though.

I can’t remember if they played together as a partnership, but they would have been formidable at the peak of their careers.

I can’t believe that there are people who don’t rate Levein as a player. If he hadn’t got that terrible injury, he would have made it big in England. I’m fairly sure that Spurs were rumoured to be ready to offer well over a million for him, before that injury, which was huge money then.

37 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I'm sure there are more excellent and , as above , relevant comparisons

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

I'm sure there are more excellent and , as above , relevant comparisons

Bixente Lizarazu...

''I learned everything from Stephane Mahe''.

2 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Bixente Lizarazu...

''I learned everything from Stephane Mahe''.

Keep going . Maybe just throw one in every few days . Think you may get a few nibbles

1 hour ago, Madjambo21 said:

Levein defiantly better than Ritchie.

Levein was a class act and career was cut by injury.

Ritchie was good but Weir made him look better than he was.

Weir also done this with Wilson at the old Rangers

Ritchie shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Levein ? 

Weir was class though.

A former Hearts manager and team mate of Levein’s, who suffered a similar injury (not Gary Locke), told me it was all but a done deal to take him to Rangers and partner Butcher, way before they signed Gough. His injury at ER in 1986/87 put paid to that. Makes sense with the Euro ban etc meaning all big British transfers were heading to Ibrox at the time. Chances are it was still on the cards until he broke down again in 1988. In my opinion he’d have made it big wherever he’d ended up. 

PeterintheRain
16 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

A former Hearts manager and team mate of Levein’s, who suffered a similar injury (not Gary Locke), told me it was all but a done deal to take him to Rangers and partner Butcher, way before they signed Gough. His injury at ER in 1986/87 put paid to that. Makes sense with the Euro ban etc meaning all big British transfers were heading to Ibrox at the time. Chances are it was still on the cards until he broke down again in 1988. In my opinion he’d have made it big wherever he’d ended up. 

They couldn't had afforded him.    They spent more than everybody else, but not in the same proportion as they did in the mintymurray days.

7 minutes ago, PeterintheRain said:

They couldn't had afforded him.    They spent more than everybody else, but not in the same proportion as they did in the mintymurray days.

Back then they definitely could have. With Alex MacDonald and Sandy Jardine in charge, plus the fact we signed Big Davie in 1987, we had a relationship with Rangers at the time, like it or not. Could Big Davie have been targeted as a swap (plus cash to us) rather than a straight signing? 

I was told this in 2017 so there’s nothing to be gained by these revelations. I’m just repeating what I was told and speculating as to how they’d have financed the deal.

31 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Sky live games today

So need to wait till 6pm for Stewart on Sportscene. 

Quite intrested to see what he’s going to say. He’s been very quiet on twitter compared to usual over the weekend. 

1 minute ago, Squirt said:

Quite intrested to see what he’s going to say. He’s been very quiet on twitter compared to usual over the weekend. 

There is a possibility BBC tell him to apologise.

Since Levein says he has a letter from the BBC. 

Overall it is good banter and Stewart will probably just say he will carry on. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Levein was a quality centre-back. I mean, genuinely rare quality. One of the best Hearts players of my lifetime I think.

Thing that annoys me about Stewart banging on all the time is that he was so average for us - mediocrity packaged as a centre mid, or whatever he was supposed to be.

I’ve no problem with criticism of Levein because he’s deserved it over the last two or three years but not from Stewart, who is purely acting on personal hatred. 

I have a suggestion for Michael Mourinho. 

Take the hibs job and put his money where his ****ing mouth us. It's easy sitting behind a screen in a comfy chair. Just ask Neville.

Levein would ****ing roast him.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Jlv2004 said:

Weird he didn't play in the primary school team. 

I know, he’s only 4 months younger than me.

I rekon its about time Stewart started to get the andy walker treatment.  He has openly admitted he is no longer a hearts fan but a fan of scottish football.  He was a complete tool as a player and now slates our manager no matter what.

Mikey stewart your a w......

17 hours ago, jambogemz said:

Gary Mackay was not a limited player. He was a very good attacking midfield player who suffered from staying at Hearts to long, much like Paul McStay at Celtic. 

He was also shuffled all overy midfield especially under Jordan, much to his detriment. His game awareness with Robbo was also different class. 

Technically, very, very limited. My opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Alan McLaren was an excellent defensive player. Very strong. Can’t remember him being bullied by any player. A different type of defender to Levein though.

I can’t remember if they played together as a partnership, but they would have been formidable at the peak of their careers.

I can’t believe that there are people who don’t rate Levein as a player. If he hadn’t got that terrible injury, he would have made it big in England. I’m fairly sure that Spurs were rumoured to be ready to offer well over a million for him, before that injury, which was huge money then.

Yeah they played together for a few years, I did rate him just not as highly as some.

5 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

He didn't fulfil his potential. Not his fault but he wouldn't have spent the vast majority of his career at Hearts if he had.

11 minutes ago, Darren said:

He didn't fulfil his potential. Not his fault but he wouldn't have spent the vast majority of his career at Hearts if he had.

No he didn't but despite the injuries he did far more with his career than Michael Stewart. 

3 minutes ago, Jlv2004 said:

No he didn't but despite the injuries he did far more with his career than Michael Stewart. 

Spot on.  He played with Scotland at World Cup 1990 I think, and would have been a regular in that Scotland team bar for the injuries.

Levein would have never stayed at Hearts had he avoided that first injury.  A big club in Europe would have snapped him up.

Whereas Michael Stewart didn't make the grade at Man U had spells at the likes of Rangers before spending longer with Hibs then Hearts.  His petulance as a player was a problem and he was nowhere near the likes of Paul Hartley put it that way.

19 minutes ago, Jlv2004 said:

Agreed but it's far from nonsense to say he didn't fulfil his potential.

Bridge of Djoum
6 minutes ago, Darren said:

Agreed but it's far from nonsense to say he didn't fulfil his potential.

Was unable to. Unfair to simply say ''didn't''. 

23 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Spot on.  He played with Scotland at World Cup 1990 I think, and would have been a regular in that Scotland team bar for the injuries.

Levein would have never stayed at Hearts had he avoided that first injury.  A big club in Europe would have snapped him up.

Whereas Michael Stewart didn't make the grade at Man U had spells at the likes of Rangers before spending longer with Hibs then Hearts.  His petulance as a player was a problem and he was nowhere near the likes of Paul Hartley put it that way.

Yes he did go to the World Cup and I think that was the time when CL and one or two other players were disciplined for going out on the town I think it was.

6 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Was unable to. Unfair to simply say ''didn't''. 

4 minutes ago, Jlv2004 said:

Exactly. 

Er... that means he didn't.

6 minutes ago, Darren said:

Er... that means he didn't.

Yes but it partially explains why.

Otherwise he could be seen as a lazy waster like Stewart. 

2 minutes ago, Jlv2004 said:

Yes but it partially explains why.

Otherwise he could be seen as a lazy waster like Stewart. 

Completely agree. Like I said, it wasn't his fault. I didn't see Levein at his peak but even when I was young - and he'd suffered at least one of his injuries - I could tell he was class.

i wish jj was my dad
6 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Was just about to post the same. McLaren was a stopper. As good as I've seen but that was his game. Levein could influence the whole game from the back. Very, very few players could do that back in the day.

I remember Michael Stewart’s last game for us in 2010 after JJ had just given Zal the captaincy.

He spent his time on the park playing 5 yard sideways passes as he was petulantly refusing to contribute. He got hooked at half time but not before we’d lost 2 goals.

He’s a ****

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Serge said:

I remember Michael Stewart’s last game for us in 2010 after JJ had just given Zal the captaincy.

He spent his time on the park playing 5 yard sideways passes as he was petulantly refusing to contribute. He got hooked at half time but not before we’d lost 2 goals.

He’s a ****

Indeed.

Someone earlier used the term ''petulant'' A word that perfectly sums up that ****. Also, a trait he has taken to his ''pundit'' career. I mind the time Tom English handed him his arse, I think it was regarding the Michael O'Neill/Scotland manager fiasco. All Stewart did was get angrier and louder, shouting over TE at every opportunity. His cries of ''how'' how'' when he meant, ''why'' will long live with me. It was akin to listening to a child asking why he had to be in by half 7 for his bath. 

MS is a weapons grade fud. Close the ****** thread.