Hearts Transfer window ( merged )

cb1874

All roads lead to Gorgie
6 hours ago, Morgan said:

No, he’s the brother of John.

He’s King sized.

That sounds promising. I always thought Billy King was the ideal size for a winger. ?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• sadj

2 hours ago, BM1874 said:

The daily record article is quite literally just a few players out of contract that the “expert journalist” has decided we “should” sign

leahy who is a key player for Walsall, and entering last 6 months

cadden

hendry

mackay steven

halkett

evening has their own article and says about us “should” be looking at players

says about us taking Cadden and playing him wide and giving him a set position out wide not playing all over as motherwell have been.

then have the exact same article for Hibs players and say they should sign Cadden and play him as a number 8

silly season but these journalists getting to write whatever to get people going 

Saw a similar article regarding 5 Players Rangers should sign.Naismith was one and stated that they could put pressure on Norwich? Can Norwich cancel loan deal with us? And let him leave for Rangers?

1 minute ago, heartmussel said:

Saw a similar article regarding 5 Players Rangers should sign.Naismith was one and stated that they could put pressure on Norwich? Can Norwich cancel loan deal with us? And let him leave for Rangers?

I still cannot believe we have Naismith and hope he loves it enough with us to sign a contract.

When you look at a team like Cardiff in the EPL crying out for someone like him. 5m or so would be nothing for them to spend and he can still play at that level. Rangers can do one though.

Brick Tamland
44 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

16 posts so far......

All of them complete made up shite.

I concur

This could be utter bs but I heard a rumour about some new American investment in hearts. The club obviously can’t be sold to anyone other than FOH however was maybe thinking it’s some kind of sponsorship deal or something.. naming rights perhaps? If there is any truth maybe it would bump up the coffers for jan or the summer. However it’s a rumour and I admit I am speculating.

9 minutes ago, Djm1874 said:

This could be utter bs but I heard a rumour about some new American investment in hearts. The club obviously can’t be sold to anyone other than FOH however was maybe thinking it’s some kind of sponsorship deal or something.. naming rights perhaps? If there is any truth maybe it would bump up the coffers for jan or the summer. However it’s a rumour and I admit I am speculating.

You referring to the academy deal ?

41 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

No we aren't you utter slaver.

:lol: 

This guy has heard more rumours than a Fleetwood Mac fan.

1 hour ago, Roman1874 said:

Hearts in talks with Jason Holt for a return. 

How’s yer old man doing, Roman?

:wtfvlad:

Heard through the grapevine that we’ve made casual contact with the agent of Jordan Jones.

Probably pish, possibly not. Would be a good signing if true.

The Apprentice
2 hours ago, Roman1874 said:

Hearts in talks with Jason Holt for a return. 

What a network of contacts you must have! At this rate according to you we should expect to see Adam, Solanke and Holt. Slaver.

2 hours ago, Djm1874 said:

We are looking at external investment and mainly from the US so you are probably not far off the mark 

5 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

We are looking at external investment and mainly from the US so you are probably not far off the mark 

Nothing from the Far East? 

The reason I ask is that there was several Chinese/Tai/Korean/Japanese or similar 'looking' guests with the directors last home match.

Of course they could well have been US nationals/based. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

The reason I ask is that there was several Chinese/Tai/Korean/Japanese or similar 'looking' guests with the directors last home match.

What, Joppa?

23 minutes ago, Barack said:

The Tynecastle Wal-Mart Goodyear Stadium, has a nice ring to it, in fairness.

Doubt Tesco will allow that to be honest.

24 minutes ago, Barack said:

Would that be the stadium with the Jeff Bezos stand?

Guess The Crowd
2 hours ago, Morgan said:

He’s a Man Of The World, obviously.

Though I think this one will be an Albatross round his neck. 

58 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

several Chinese/Tai/Korean/Japanese or similar 'looking' guests with the directors last home match.

Silva and his family. Nap.

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, Morgan said:

They're lies, but it's on a football forum, so they're little lies

jamboinglasgow
59 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

In an article about the Global youth Youth Partnership (cant seem to find which one) they talked about its not just North America we are targeting but also looking to Asia, so could be potential partners.

tartofmidlothian
5 hours ago, Zaba said:

Heard through the grapevine that we’ve made casual contact with the agent of Jordan Jones.

Probably pish, possibly not. Would be a good signing if true.

Not the kind of casual contact you can expect on the Bridge of Djoum, I hope.

10 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Cadden can sign a pre contract now 

Hope we've made contact 

I had heard second hand that this was happening. No idea of the reliability of the source though so could just be 2+2=5 from our previous interest. Well regular at my work thinks he needs a move as he’s stagnated. 

1 hour ago, Zico said:

I had heard second hand that this was happening. No idea of the reliability of the source though so could just be 2+2=5 from our previous interest. Well regular at my work thinks he needs a move as he’s stagnated. 

I had a guy like that at my school.Best just keep him where he is as it just disperses the flies.

Thunderstruck
7 hours ago, Barack said:

Accidental overflight?

ACB07C6F-76B0-4D87-B408-E99728943DDA.jpeg

BackOfTheNet

This is a peculiar window in the sense that we don’t necessarily have to bring anyone in. We signed 18 in the summer and Vanacek starts training on Monday. With Souttar and Ikpeazu coming back from injury it will be like the old cliche of “being like a brand new signing” when they get back up to speed. However as with every fan I love a new signing, the excitement of what could be. But we don’t have to sign for the sake of it so I don’t expect much. I kinda just want it to be the end of January so we know though; the silly season, the cryptic ITK chat etc is fun but can become a bit tedious.

I'm guessing our transfer activity will only be determined by what other clubs do and what becomes available. I think if we don’t sign anyone, as long as no major players depart, Levein will be happy with his squad. But if certain players become available and he sees an opportunity or other clubs start doing good business then it may provoke a reaction. Just the almost four weeks to go...

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

This is a peculiar window in the sense that we don’t necessarily have to bring anyone in. We signed 18 in the summer and Vanacek starts training on Monday. With Souttar and Ikpeazu coming back from injury it will be like the old cliche of “being like a brand new signing” when they get back up to speed. However as with every fan I love a new signing, the excitement of what could be. But we don’t have to sign for the sake of it so I don’t expect much. I kinda just want it to be the end of January so we know though; the silly season, the cryptic ITK chat etc is fun but can become a bit tedious.

I'm guessing our transfer activity will only be determined by what other clubs do and what becomes available. I think if we don’t sign anyone, as long as no major players depart, Levein will be happy with his squad. But if certain players become available and he sees an opportunity or other clubs start doing good business then it may provoke a reaction. Just the almost four weeks to go...

With the number of good players floating about that are out of contract in the summer, I’d like us to nail a couple of those down in preparation for next season. 

Your Chris Cadden, Craig Halkett or Gary Mackay-Steven. I’d also feel a whole lot better if we sorted something out with Steven Naismith soon too. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

10 spaces to fill on the plane next week, since Soapy (1 space) and Uche are being left at home.

Will we see activity before then?

Seem to remember Mitchell joining the group late, Naismith following the camp last year?

Finlay James
9 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

They're lies, but it's on a football forum, so they're little lies

You can go your own way from now on if your going to keep up these Fleetwood Mac puns 

With Souttar still out and Dunne possibly not returning, i'd like to see us sign a CB, even as back up. This eliminates the requirement to ever see Hughes in a maroon jersey again (hopefully). Smith can be a good CB option, but with Godinho and Brandon still not fully up to fitness, would rather bring someone in.

Only other position I reckon we should look at is possibly a creative type or a winger.

Hopefully the winter break and camp will bring Harry Cochrane up to full fitness as well as we haven't been able to utilise him much so far.

Is the talked about deal from the summer window dead in the water or could it be resurrected? The “bigger than Naismith transfer” 

6 hours ago, Zico said:

With our previous bid off 300k  being knocked out a year or so ago you'd imagine we'd be right on top of a pre contract for free 

John Findlay
32 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

You can go your own way from now on if your going to keep up these Fleetwood Mac puns 

Oh well

scott herbertson
35 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Ive heard ambrose is a  Hibby Green Man Releasee so we could be after him to replace Dunne.

Not in the know as it came from a fortune teller - a black magic woman in fact....

John Findlay
1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

Ive heard ambrose is a  Hibby Green Man Releasee so we could be after him to replace Dunne.

Not in the know as it came from a fortune teller - a black magic woman in fact....

Wasn't Rhiannon then?

17 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

With our previous bid off 300k  being knocked out a year or so ago you'd imagine we'd be right on top of a pre contract for free 

Thought we bid 100k ?

21 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Cadden won't be free, a development fee would have to be paid/agreed.

Edited by Ribble

tartofmidlothian
34 minutes ago, bmxweeman said:

Is the talked about deal from the summer window dead in the water or could it be resurrected? The “bigger than Naismith transfer” 

Wasn't that the last Charlie Adam rumour?

tartofmidlothian
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

That Shaughnessy guy signing next week.

Does that mean he'll be staying at home, don't we leave on Monday?

2 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Does that mean he'll be staying at home, don't we leave on Monday?

Tuesday according to the clubs instagram story 

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

With the number of good players floating about that are out of contract in the summer, I’d like us to nail a couple of those down in preparation for next season. 

Your Chris Cadden, Craig Halkett or Gary Mackay-Steven. I’d also feel a whole lot better if we sorted something out with Steven Naismith soon too. 

Suppose it depends on projected budgets for 19-20. The three you’ve mentioned would be excellent. My gut feeling would be Cadden’s development fee could potentially be a stumbling block. Halkett I’d take in a heartbeat, main reason Livingston are so defensively sound and will only just have turned 24 by the end of the season so huge potential, but I’ve heard no rumblings of any interest from us. Mackay-Steven is a no-brainer, even with his injury history but my gut is he’ll extend with Aberdeen.

If we don’t sign anyone in this window but get Naismith on a pre-contract we’d have still done great business.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

As long as Stevie Naismith remains fit and Nicks a few goals we are all going to be happy, our dreams will come true