Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• sadj

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 hours ago, Jim Weir said:

Not sure Milinkovic is what we need 

Shinnie at Aberdeen would be a great signing. Unlikely to leave Aberdeen for Hearts 

Sheep not going to be happy where he ends up

:lol:

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Would not be surprised if John Souttar is one he would take.

I don’t think anyone will be buying Souttar until he proves he can go through an entire season without suffering a serious injury.

22 yr old and he’s done his knee, ruptured his Achilles’ tendon and has had two serious hip injuries. 

He’s certainly more than capable to play at a much higher level, that’s not in doubt but needs to prove his fitness before teams start throwing cash at us. Teams in the Championship are playing 50 game seasons, there is no way they’ll pay millions for a player who can only manage 20-30 games.

If he comes back from this and breaks down with something next season, he’s another Craig Levein and will probably be at Hearts for the rest of his career.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Jim Weir said:

Huns? 

The family despite being from Aberdeen are all blue noses. 

One of their own though 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Would not be surprised if John Souttar is one he would take.

Yip. 

£3m plus tho. 

20 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

One of their own though 

That won't go down well! 

Very good player. He would improve is considerably.  Shinnie and Haring would be some engine room 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

One of their own though 

His family are from Inverness

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Someone mentioned Cardiff 

Rangers fans at work seem convinced Kamara is a done deal for them, along with Davis and Nathaniel Clyne from Liverpool on loan.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

His family are from Inverness

Maybe at one point. South side of Aberdeen 

16 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Maybe at one point. South side of Aberdeen 

Born in Aberdeen, lived in Cove, went to Kincorth school.

According to Wikipeadia. 

?

MK dons fans seem to think Sow is going this window, if he is would anyone want to see him back? By all accounts down there he barely leaves the treatment table. Could see him going to Dundee Utd to help out Neilson since I doubt he'd be happy playing 2nd fiddle to Uche & Vanecek. 

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

MK dons fans seem to think Sow is going this window, if he is would anyone want to see him back? By all accounts down there he barely leaves the treatment table. Could see him going to Dundee Utd to help out Neilson since I doubt he'd be happy playing 2nd fiddle to Uche & Vanecek. 

Highly likely to go to Tannadice 

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Rangers fans at work seem convinced Kamara is a done deal for them, along with Davis and Nathaniel Clyne from Liverpool on loan.

Are they just linking themselves with every Liverpool player now? Nathaniel Clyne :rofl:

1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Are they just linking themselves with every Liverpool player now? Nathaniel Clyne :rofl:

Solanke being touted. That would end Lafferty's dream. 

Tennant's  6's
10 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Thought that myself . Not a chance of them getting Clyne, Solanke seems to be going to Palace.

Davis would be a good addition though. 

Celtic also being linked to numerous players, trying to buy their way away from the competition.. 

21 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I did laugh at it myself. Sure Clyne played for them a week or two ago...but then again, isn't he just back from injury? Maybe a way to get fitness back.

Just now, neilnunb said:

I did laugh at it myself. Sure Clyne played for them a week or two ago...but then again, isn't he just back from injury? Maybe a way to get fitness back.

Clyne came on as a sub v Arsenal the other day when Liverpool beat them 5 - 1.

32 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

he is their back-up right back, IIRC alexander-arnold who is 1st choice is currently injured so clyne should get more game time

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, Statto said:

Looking at our squad going forward, unless we lose a player, we don't need to do a lot in January. Dunne will be one we need to replace if we can't extend his loan. We have a squad of;

Zlamal/Doyle

Smith/Dikamona

Souttar/Dunne

Berra/Hughes

Morrison/Mulraney/Godinho

Haring/Bozanic

Djoum/Clare

Lee/Cochrane

Mitchell/Garuccio

Naismith/MacLean

Ikpeazu/Vanecek

plus Brandon, MacDonald and Amankwaa.

It's unbelievable that almost half of our first team squad have been injured in the first half of this season. We would be top if everyone had stayed fit. It's still there for us.

You could almost pick any combination of players above and it would be a team you'd expect to compete with anyone in the league.

Amankwaa? Not sure if Dunne or Mitchell will be here after January.

It’s a big if to see if everyone can be fit at the same time, it’s not happened at any point in recent times. 

The league is there to be won as both OF teams are good at home and average away. Our blip might come back to haunt us though, but let’s go full pelt at it from January.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

This rag is just selecting players they would like to see at specific clubs. They'll be touting him to rangers in a few days. 

59 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

If he had the impact on the midfield that Naismith has had on the attack and Berra on the defence 2019 could be decent.

Even when if the Adam rumour is keech it’s a player in his mould we could do with in midfield.  A pass picker, someone just with a bit more intelligence in possession.

The Internet

I was told recently that Adam had 100% signed on loan. But then I think I've been told that the last couple of windows. 

Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I was told recently that Adam had 100% signed on loan. But then I think I've been told that the last couple of windows. 

Well if we need a replacement for Djoum

1 hour ago, steve123 said:

On another note, enquiries made from teams about taking Cochrane & Mcdonald on loan !!

If I’m honest I’d certainly be tempted to send McDonald out. He really should have kicked on from last season but instead kids like Johnston at Celtic, Middleton at Rangers and Mackie at Hibs are getting more game time in first team than both him and Cochrane. Cochrane I know has been injured. 

Sending him to Dunfermline or Ross County might not be the worst idea ever.

2 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

If I’m honest I’d certainly be tempted to send McDonald out. He really should have kicked on from last season but instead kids like Johnston at Celtic, Middleton at Rangers and Mackie at Hibs are getting more game time in first team than both him and Cochrane. Cochrane I know has been injured. 

Yea I agree, thought Cochrane would have got a chance this season if I am honest !!

3 hours ago, steve123 said:

On another note, enquiries made from teams about taking Cochrane & Mcdonald on loan !!

I'd send them out on a 1 month loan for January to give them game time (if fit).

Cochrane and Mcdonald are both only just 17. The 3 you’ve mentioned are 19/20. That’s quite an age gap!! 

I do agree that a loan could do them good.

3 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

Cochrane and Mcdonald are both only just 17. The 3 you’ve mentioned are 19/20. That’s quite an age gap!! 

Think we would have seen more of Cochrane if he had been fit . Pretty sure he'll be used the second half of the season

Angry Haggis
9 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Think we would have seen more of Cochrane if he had been fit . Pretty sure he'll be used the second half of the season

Agreed. Hopefully he gets fully fit and features second half of this season. I like the kid. 

Should we just have played him when he was injured?

16 hours ago, milky_26 said:

he is their back-up right back, IIRC alexander-arnold who is 1st choice is currently injured so clyne should get more game time

Well I’d def be looking to leave Liverpool and Euro competition to go to Rangers if thats the case. 

1 hour ago, steve123 said:

Yea I agree, thought Cochrane would have got a chance this season if I am honest !!

Think a succession of injuries have held him back a bit

allanwilson1970
3 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

I mentioned on another thread that any time I have seen McDonald this season he has struggled badly and been anonymous. FOR both the under 18s and reserves.  I actually wonder if he could get a game on loan at a decent team in the top 2 divisions. Cochrane is another story and I think a spell at a decent team with a consistent run of games will set him up nicely for next season.  

Seymour M Hersh
16 hours ago, milky_26 said:

I'm sure Klopp has said that he does not intend for 1st team squad players to leave in January as he knows they'll all be required when you're fighting on three fronts. Clyne was first choice England fullback before his injury he's more contesting with TAA for the RB position than his back up. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, steve123 said:

Called this pre season and got torn for arse paper on here. 

Tennant's  6's
35 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Called this pre season and got torn for arse paper on here. 

You weren't alone on that one.

Dundee Utd or Dumfermline would be great for them.

They need games, and to work out in the gym. 

Still plenty of time for them both to be first team players at Hearts. 

So by the end of Jan/Beg of Feb folk would turn there noses up at a team like this: 

3-5-2 

Doyle 

Souttar Berra Dunne

Morrison.                           Mitchell/Garuccio 

Haring Adam 

Naismith 

Vanecek Uche 

Bench: 

Zlamal 

Shaughnessy 

New Winger 

Lee 

McLean 

1 minute ago, Official_AB said:

So by the end of Jan/Beg of Feb folk would turn there noses up at a team like this: 

3-5-2 

Doyle 

Souttar Berra Dunne

Haring Adam 

Naismith 

Vanecek Uche 

Bench: 

Zlamal 

Shaughnessy 

New Winger 

Lee 

McLean 

Michael Smith? Sean Clare?

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

You weren't alone on that one.

Dundee Utd or Dumfermline would be great for them.

They need games, and to work out in the gym. 

Still plenty of time for them both to be first team players at Hearts. 

Yip, an attacking championship side would be perfect or even someone like arbroath if need be. 

A team that is playing well and attacking most weeks. 

They can get sharpness, confidence and bulk up. 

Don't want them in a struggling prem team that is backs to the wall most weeks. 

Will do nothing for development or confidence. 

12 minutes ago, Official_AB said:

3-5-2 

Doyle 

Souttar Berra Dunne

Haring Adam 

Naismith 

Vanecek Uche 

Bench: 

Zlamal 

Shaughnessy 

New Winger 

Lee 

McLean 

Tbf I’d not be too happy if we named a 5 person bench and left one of our best players of the season out for no reason ?

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Should we just have played him when he was injured?

Stop being a pedantic tosser. The fact I’m talking about this season in the post and their lack of game time is talking about from August. There are certain posters you want to have a pop at over views about CL and I’m one of them. Please just do one 

2 hours ago, jamboy1982 said:

The 3 I’m talking about saw very little first team action last season when McDonald and Cochrane were. They may have been out on loan but I’m only interested in Hearts players and using this season as a comparison. 

It it just seems that McDonald in particular hasn’t kicked on. Cochrane has had well documented injuries so I’m not thinking that he should be doing what the kids elsewhere are. 

When you watch the 3 of them that I mentioned, I would have hoped that one of the youngsters not just McDonald or Cochrane would have been giving us what those 3 are doing now.

I did think pre season that a loan spell would have been good for them and thought that Falkirk under the guidance of Pail Hartley would have been ideal but clearly Hartley maybe isn’t the manager/coach that everyone thought him to be.

Personally think that Ross County, United or Dunfermline would be good for them. Dunfermline in particular for McDonald to get ideas on wing play from one of the best that wore maroon

Edited by merseyjambo