Hearts Transfer window ( merged )

cb1874

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Well. That's one done.

Speaking of Dunne's...bye, Jimmy.

No your doing it wrong , clearly Hibs in for him and Leveins letting them steal a march on us again

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• sadj

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Well. That's one done.

Speaking of Dunne's...bye, Jimmy.

Seems like it yes. Maybe we're not prepared to wait for him

3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

The ****s that ?

Based on this thread and the name at the top of the picture I'd say Connor Shaughnessy was at the game and there's a decent chance he'll sign for us.

7 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

He could cover DM for a few games for when Haring is out with hernia.  we can have Dunne as Well. 

Cant see why Burnley would object nowhere near a first team start yet and he'll develop more with us plus jimmy loves us 

No brainer 

3 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Based on this thread and the name at the top of the picture I'd say Connor Shaughnessy was at the game and there's a decent chance he'll sign for us.

Ah , ok

2 hours ago, daftie said:

As you say, all about opinions. I dont get the Skinny love in myself. 

Yep, he was decent enough in some games, but went missing in lots of others. He did wirk quite hard (which should be a pre-requisite for any player). 

I think people were slightly taken in by his apparent love of Hearts. Personally, he is like many foreign players and goes where the money is. I still think we need better than Skinny in the wide areas. Legend he most definitely was never going to be. IMO. 

His ‘love in’ stuff had nothing to do with it for me. Doesn’t affect my opinions on him as a player. I loved the way he played, when he didn’t have the ball he went backwards to get it, and when he had the ball he drove forwards with it. Skilful, exciting to watch. My type of player. The sort of player I go to the football and want to see playing in a maroon shirt.

Apologies as not read whole thread but done a wee bit investigating and could the defender be Liam Kitching. Signed extension in summer keeping him at Leeds until 2021, 18yr old and apparently excelling for Harrogate and helped them gain promotion and his loan deal finishes with them 2nd January 

18 minutes ago, Jim Weir said:

Not sure Milinkovic is what we need 

Shinnie at Aberdeen would be a great signing. Unlikely to leave Aberdeen for Hearts 

Agreed

52 minutes ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

Thats Scott Allan to the right of the pic too. He signing for us as well??!!

It also looks like Franck Ribery sitting in front of him!! Still do a job????

vlad on the tyne

Motherwell looking to bring back mccormack to Scotland. Excellent penalty box striker, past his best I would imagine but would stick out in Scotland. Loan out Wighton/maclean and put a put an offer to him? 

4 minutes ago, Jambojay84 said:

Apologies as not read whole thread but done a wee bit investigating and could the defender be Liam Kitching. Signed extension in summer keeping him at Leeds until 2021, 18yr old and apparently excelling for Harrogate and helped them gain promotion and his loan deal finishes with them 2nd January 

Ok now read the thread and after posting I was all :verysmug: to myself,  now :facepalm: 

jambogirlglasgow
7 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

It also looks like Franck Ribery sitting in front of him!! Still do a job????

It does! Not sure it’s too flattering a comparison, footballing ability

aside!

rudi must stay
17 minutes ago, Jambojay84 said:

Kitching? Heard we wanted him but couldnt offer enough cash

jamboinglasgow

Will be an interesting month. I reckon we will sign 3 players (including Vanecek) and 2 first team players will leave (plus 3 additional young players on loan.)

12 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Will be an interesting month. I reckon we will sign 3 players (including Vanecek) and 2 first team players will leave (plus 3 additional young players on loan.)

Hopefully Amankwaah and by the sounds of it, Djoum will be off. Unless we retire Hughes with a central defender coming in!

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Jambo Ell said:

Hopefully Amankwaah and by the sounds of it, Djoum will be off. Unless we retire Hughes with a central defender coming in!

I think amakwaa has to be off, he has disappeared off the face of the earth so suggests to me that Levein has given up on him. Though he could sit tight to get the rest of his contract. Hughes I cant see retiring until the end of season, not with NI games before the end of the season. I get a feeling that if we sign a winger then McDonald will go out on loan.

2 hours ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Dvmo0GCW0AIMpy9.jpg:large

I like to think that Mr Levein is specifically targeting Republic of Ireland players purely to noise up the undesirable Billy Boys element of our support. 

:leveinproblem:

2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Decent player in a rank hearts side gave us hope but wouldn't get near a start in the current hearts side apart from an impact sub

??

Our current wingers contribute absolutely nothing.

Premadonna? Aye. Instagram whore? That too. Goal threat? Very much so.

Yes please from me.

I imagine that’ll be the end for Jimmy Dunne if Shaughnessy comes in then. I liked Milinkovic last season but I don’t think we should get him back. Or Walker for that matter. I think a winger, a goal scoring midfielder and a left back (if Mitchell leaves) is required. Is McKenna more of a centre back or holding midfielder? I also heard Johnny Russell is homesick but that’s got Rangers written all over it.

Just get Naismith signed.

Shaughnessy could play MF as well as CD and if we get Dunne back (or Soapy fit) I can envisage a strong spine through the middle (where else, of course?). At the back Soapy/Dunne and Berra;  Haring and Shaughnessy in CM and Uche up front with Vanecek. Not saying that CL's plan but who knows?

13 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Djoum will be away and we will need a replacement. If our benefactors are nice to us. Can see Craig trying to get Chris Cadden early or pre contract. 

If Djoum is away, we'll have a substantial transfer fee to spend, as well as his freed up wages. I very much doubt he'll be away though, I think it's highly likely he'll be here till the end of the season at least. 

9 hours ago, vlad on the tyne said:

Motherwell looking to bring back mccormack to Scotland. Excellent penalty box striker, past his best I would imagine but would stick out in Scotland. Loan out Wighton/maclean and put a put an offer to him? 

Ross McCormack? Shocking attitude wherever he goes!

20 hours ago, Taffin said:

I see terminating an individuals contract early and the subsequent management and reporting of that as accounting as it is how we record that payment which will influence the effect it has on our cash flow more than the actual sum of money.

I'm guessing you view it more as economics given your comment. Which is fair enough.

I understand what you're trying to say here, but I think you've got the impact the wrong way round! Doing a deal with Amankwaa (or anyone else!) to leave early with a lump sum in return for them taking a smaller figure than the total remaining value of his contract would actually be more likely to restrict what else we can do in the short term as we'd have to use money we have now, whereas letting his contract just run down means at least some of what we've got to pay him won't be due until other future income has actually come in.

44 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I understand what you're trying to say here, but I think you've got the impact the wrong way round! Doing a deal with Amankwaa (or anyone else!) to leave early with a lump sum in return for them taking a smaller figure than the total remaining value of his contract would actually be more likely to restrict what else we can do in the short term as we'd have to use money we have now, whereas letting his contract just run down means at least some of what we've got to pay him won't be due until other future income has actually come in.

In the last 6 months of a contract a player has got to be amenable to termination by mutual consent provided there is some interest from another club as he can move on and get a signing on fee etc.  Otherwise I agree it's better for cashflow to run down the contract than pay 2/3 or 3/4 of the outstanding salary as a lump sum.

9 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I also heard Johnny Russell is homesick but that’s got Rangers written all over it.

Not by his first choice. 

Unless I’ve got my wires crossed he is a big  celtic fan, and was disappointed that he hadn’t signed for them when leaving Dundee United.

dont have an exact source to hand but I’m sure there’s been a few interviews with him about his “dream” move to Celtic in the past.

that said, should he fancy a wee reunion with Souttar then I’d never turn that down. Never going to happen though 

I’ve been wondering this too. The only thing I have read on the subject of Djoum is an article saying he was really settled and wanted to stay. Family happy and lives Edinburgh. 

Seems a bit of an about turn if he suddenly is leaving in January. 

14 minutes ago, BM1874 said:

Not by his first choice. 

Unless I’ve got my wires crossed he is a big  celtic fan, and was disappointed that he hadn’t signed for them when leaving Dundee United.

dont have an exact source to hand but I’m sure there’s been a few interviews with him about his “dream” move to Celtic in the past.

that said, should he fancy a wee reunion with Souttar then I’d never turn that down. Never going to happen though 

I'm sure you are correct .

Probably we all assume certain Irish names indicate allegiances .

Mixed marriages to blame !

2 minutes ago, adayinmay said:

I’ve been wondering this too. The only thing I have read on the subject of Djoum is an article saying he was really settled and wanted to stay. Family happy and lives Edinburgh. 

Seems a bit of an about turn if he suddenly is leaving in January. 

Definitely away in January 

The_razors_edge
30 minutes ago, Abiola Dauda said:

Jimmy Kebe? 

Hope not. He retired a couple of years ago and is now a professional poker player

Looking at our squad going forward, unless we lose a player, we don't need to do a lot in January. Dunne will be one we need to replace if we can't extend his loan. We have a squad of;

Zlamal/Doyle

Smith/Dikamona

Souttar/Dunne

Berra/Hughes

Morrison/Mulraney/Godinho

Haring/Bozanic

Djoum/Clare

Lee/Cochrane

Mitchell/Garuccio

Naismith/MacLean

Ikpeazu/Vanecek

plus Brandon, MacDonald and Amankwaa.

It's unbelievable that almost half of our first team squad have been injured in the first half of this season. We would be top if everyone had stayed fit. It's still there for us.

You could almost pick any combination of players above and it would be a team you'd expect to compete with anyone in the league.