Hearts Transfer window ( merged )

cb1874

20 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Mobile phones are a wonderful thing at times!!

No as wondefull as turning your phone off when you're away from work and spending some quality time with the family 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• sadj

Suprised there’s no GMS rumours from other clubs across the UK, boys out of contract in the summer and has flair most clubs are crying out for 

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, JamboSpur said:

Anyone else feel like Hearts are sleeping in this transfer window?

Just going by what has appeared on the internet, be it on here or on Facebook for example, I had drawn the impression that incoming business would be very limited, if there is to be any at all. One of the things mentioned was hoping to extend the loan deal for Dunne, and at a guess I'd say any talks are ongoing, and not really the sort of stuff the press want to use up column space on. Vanecek is due to arrive very shortly,  I have it in the back of mind, it might be tomorrow he arrives, in time to head off for the Winter break with the squad. With news in the papers yesterday that Souttar and Ikpeazu are being left at home to finalise their recuperation periods, that in itself suggests to me that come KO time versus Livingston on 20 January Craig will have a choice of Naismith, Ikpeazu, Vanecek and McLean to pick to play up front. If Dunne doesn't return it also suggest Souttar is very, very close to returning as well. So in central defence we will have him and Berra as first choices, and be safe in the knowledge that Michael Smith can slot in alongside Berra if an emergency pops up. I've read, mostly on here, that Djoum will be leaving, but never read anything anywhere else to back this up. Haring has performed to a high standard despite his hernia problem, so I think it is safe to say we will see an even better player by the end of this month, after the operation has been completed. Lee looked a lot more like his old self down at Easter Road, so again the basis of the midfield is there. Brandon is coming back from injury, Godinho is getting game time, we now have the possibility of Doyle and Zlamal fighting over the goalkeeping position so in all honesty I cannot see that we are sleeping, just because shit loads of players haven't arrived between 1 January and 5 January.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Bazzas right boot

Aye, we missed out on Davies, Burke and Defoe. 

Clowns. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Still got plenty time left mate I just hope we address the players we need and positions if we go the whole window without bringing in a winger that is direct and is prepared to have a go i will be devasted as we are crying out for this. 

10 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Just going by what has appeared on the internet, be it on here or on Facebook for example, I had drawn the impression that incoming business would be very limited, if there is to be any at all. One of the things mentioned was hoping to extend the loan deal for Dunne, and at a guess I'd say any talks are ongoing, and not really the sort of stuff the press want to use up column space on. Vanecek is due to arrive very shortly,  I have it in the back of mind, it might be tomorrow he arrives, in time to head off for the Winter break with the squad. With news in the papers yesterday that Souttar and Ikpeazu are being left at home to finalise their recuperation periods, that in itself suggests to me that come KO time versus Livingston on 20 January Craig will have a choice of Naismith, Ikpeazu, Vanecek and McLean to pick to play up front. If Dunne doesn't return it also suggest Souttar is very, very close to returning as well. So in central defence we will have him and Berra as first choices, and be safe in the knowledge that Michael Smith can slot in alongside Berra if an emergency pops up. I've read, mostly on here, that Djoum will be leaving, but never read anything anywhere else to back this up. Haring has performed to a high standard despite his hernia problem, so I think it is safe to say we will see an even better player by the end of this month, after the operation has been completed. Lee looked a lot more like his old self down at Easter Road, so again the basis of the midfield is there. Brandon is coming back from injury, Godinho is getting game time, we now have the possibility of Doyle and Zlamal fighting over the goalkeeping position so in all honesty I cannot see that we are sleeping, just because shit loads of players haven't arrived between 1 January and 5 January.

Yes Vanecek is going to Spain.

I think Souttar is ahead of Uche and we will see Souttar back first provided he isn’t sold. Uche needs a pin taken out his foot before he can kick a ball etc. 

We have Dikamona as cover also or if we want to play a back 3. I think the guy from Leeds will sign on loan and we wont see Dunne back.

Heard we have a winger joining us in Spain for a trial.

Edited by 8skacel8

jamboinglasgow

Daily record reporting that a local leeds paper says there is a possibility that Conor Shaughnessy may stay at Leeds during the transfer window.

24 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Yes Vanecek is going to Spain.

I think Souttar is ahead of Uche and we will see Souttar back first provided he isn’t sold. Uche needs a pin taken out his foot before he can kick a ball etc. 

We have Dikamona as cover also or if we want to play a back 3. I think the guy from Leeds will sign on loan and we wont see Dunne back.

Heard we have a winger joining us in Spain for a trial.

Are his initials JW?

Jambof3tornado
36 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Aye, we missed out on Davies, Burke and Defoe. 

Clowns. 

Budge oot!!

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Are his initials JW?

Haha they could be, I dont have a name. 

Jamie might fancy a week in the sun with some old pals.

2 hours ago, JamboSpur said:

Would hope they are getting some sleep. 

Leeds have announced their starting XI for their game against QPR tomorrow already. Connor Shaughnessy is not starting.

The Internet

Surprised it took 5 days before someone complained about the lack of activity. Normally that chat starts before the window is even open. 

26 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Leeds have announced their starting XI for their game against QPR tomorrow already. Connor Shaughnessy is not starting.

On the bench?

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

On the bench?

Coach named the team yesterday not the subs. Young Swedish defender Halme who some thought was a possibility named. Not confirmed. 

Edited by Mikey1874

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Daily record reporting that a local leeds paper says there is a possibility that Conor Shaughnessy may stay at Leeds during the transfer window.

"The former Reading man has been fit and still missed out on under-23 matches this season, which says much for where he is in the current pecking order. The 22-year-old is on the cusp of a loan move to Heart of Midlothian, but that may be on hold while Bielsa weighs up his options for QPR."

Sounds like pure speculation.

4 hours ago, JamboSpur said:

Yeah 5 days in and no panic buys yet.

Ministry MK2
5 hours ago, JamboSpur said:

January is not a big transfer window for us. Would be surprised if we bring more than 1 more player in on top of Vanceck. Hopefully Charlie Adam will be that one!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Coach named the team yesterday not the subs. Young Swedish defender Halme who some thought was a possibility named. Not confirmed. 

Halme is Finnish I believe but no chance he will be loaned 

4 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Big paragraph! 

5 minutes ago, munro9 said:

Walker recalled to Wigan!

He has played for three teams this season already. Means he can't sign for us I think!

portobellojambo1
16 minutes ago, sam? said:

Big paragraph! 

I thought quality assurance was something which only popped up at work :) (you are right though, it is a fair gob full to get through without any pause breaks).

Tennant's  6's
49 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Is that the lad from the states?

Yeah , some folk on here mentioned him during the wk. 

On the radio today, Falkirk signed him from Duke University. 

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, sum31uk said:

He has played for three teams this season already. Means he can't sign for us I think!

Great news.

5 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I thought quality assurance was something which only popped up at work :) (you are right though, it is a fair gob full to get through without any pause breaks).

?

portobellojambo1
13 minutes ago, sum31uk said:

I have a funny feeling that although he signed for Wigan in January 2018, i.e. within last season, he has theoretically only played for one club this season, and that is Peterborough United, who he joined in August (although it will be recorded as two I imagine, i.e. Wigan (as he is on their books) and Peterborough (who he has played with all season until recently being recalled by Wigan)).

Edited by portobellojambo1

You can register for three clubs in a season but you can only play official matches for two. Walker has already played for Wigan (in the League Cup) and Peterborough, so he wouldn't be able to play for us.

45 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

You can register for three clubs in a season but you can only play official matches for two. Walker has already played for Wigan (in the League Cup) and Peterborough, so he wouldn't be able to play for us.

What if Wigan release him? 

59 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I have a funny feeling that although he signed for Wigan in January 2018, i.e. within last season, he has theoretically only played for one club this season, and that is Peterborough United, who he joined in August (although it will be recorded as two I imagine, i.e. Wigan (as he is on their books) and Peterborough (who he has played with all season until recently being recalled by Wigan)).

Played for Wigan in a cup game this season has he not? Or was on the bench or something.

14 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

What if Wigan release him? 

Doesn’t matter as far as I understand you can still only be registered at 3 and play for 2 in a season.

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Macros said:

I'd heard we have enquired about James Penrice from Partick Thistle 

Not really heard of him before, a 20 year old left back for Thistle with a year and a half left on contract. Depending on whats happening with Mitchell, if he stays then I could see us (if we do sign him) loaning him back to Partick for the rest of the season as he plays regularly for them.

Anyone else noticed Jamie Walker's comments on Harry Cochrane's instagram post? ?

Strange that so many people are hinting at a return, you would think if he has appeared for Wigan in the league cup then that would rule him out.

jamboinglasgow

Scouring Pie and Bovril for rumours of our players going out on loan.

Saw one that Raith Rovers are trying to sign two of our players on loan. One is Anthony McDonald, didn't say who the second is.

11 minutes ago, Thomson1874 said:

Anyone else noticed Jamie Walker's comments on Harry Cochrane's instagram post? ?

Strange that so many people are hinting at a return, you would think if he has appeared for Wigan in the league cup then that would rule him out.

Is that rule not for the calander year rather than season?

12 minutes ago, Thomson1874 said:

What were they?

3 minutes ago, Gav M said:

Is that rule not for the calander year rather than season?

I'm not sure tbh, the chat on here was that he wouldn't be able to sign as it's 2 clubs for the season but could be wrong I guess.

Might also only take league games into account so playing in the league cup might not affect it ?‍♂️

1 minute ago, andrew said:

What were they?

Not sure how to post a screenshot but just little hints about coming back. Maybe nothing in it but found it interesting after the chat on here the last week or so about walker.

1 minute ago, Thomson1874 said:

I'm not sure tbh, the chat on here was that he wouldn't be able to sign as it's 2 clubs for the season but could be wrong I guess.

Might also only take league games into account so playing in the league cup might not affect it ?‍♂️

Not sure how to post a screenshot but just little hints about coming back. Maybe nothing in it but found it interesting after the chat on here the last week or so about walker.

Cheers

portobellojambo1
59 minutes ago, kila said:

Played for Wigan in a cup game this season has he not? Or was on the bench or something.

No idea, I was looking at information online and it was only up to June 2018, so had no idea if he had played at all very early doors before moving to Peterborough

jamboinglasgow

wonder if there is an appeal system to FIFA, surely its not right for a player to be considered as played for two clubs when they only played 78 mins for one in the season.

46 minutes ago, Thomson1874 said:

Could be pre-contract for next season