• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• sadj

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, His name is said:

I hate the transfer window. Folk hearing stuff all over the place. 0.1% of it true. I'll wait til the scarf above the head... 

O’Shaughnessy or whatever is happening. Clubs are agreed

BackOfTheNet
47 minutes ago, bmxweeman said:

Is the talked about deal from the summer window dead in the water or could it be resurrected? The “bigger than Naismith transfer” 

Could be wrong but I think that was meant to be Jordan Rhodes.

6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Could be wrong but I think that was meant to be Jordan Rhodes.

Correct. Didn't come off

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

O’Shaughnessy or whatever is happening. Clubs are agreed

Guess that means no Dunne, could be a decent enough signing. Leeds academy players are usually well drilled. Bielsa has chose to go with a smaller squad so no shame in not making the cut.

16 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Suppose it depends on projected budgets for 19-20. The three you’ve mentioned would be excellent. My gut feeling would be Cadden’s development fee could potentially be a stumbling block. Halkett I’d take in a heartbeat, main reason Livingston are so defensively sound and will only just have turned 24 by the end of the season so huge potential, but I’ve heard no rumblings of any interest from us. Mackay-Steven is a no-brainer, even with his injury history but my gut is he’ll extend with Aberdeen.

If we don’t sign anyone in this window but get Naismith on a pre-contract we’d have still done great business.

I'd expect next seasons budget to be larger than this seasons due to increased income and reduced capital spend (no pitch to pay for etc).

Not to mention that we will free up some wages with Mitchell returning to Man U, the likes of Sammon and Amankwaa's contracts expiring, potentially Djoum and Dikamona being away too. All of those being away should easily cover wages for Cadden, Halkett and GMS if we are indeed interested.

11 hours ago, Guess The Crowd said:

He’s a Man Of The World, obviously.

Though I think this one will be an Albatross round his neck. 

With posts like that, you certainly make loving fun. :) 

11 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

They're lies, but it's on a football forum, so they're little lies

They might even be dreams, Rudi. :biggrin2:

21 minutes ago, Ribble said:

I'd expect next seasons budget to be larger than this seasons due to increased income and reduced capital spend (no pitch to pay for etc).

Not to mention that we will free up some wages with Mitchell returning to Man U, the likes of Sammon and Amankwaa's contracts expiring, potentially Djoum and Dikamona being away too. All of those being away should easily cover wages for Cadden, Halkett and GMS if we are indeed interested.

What a statement that would send out 

No doubt the old firm will throw money at all 3 of  them and they'll spend the next 3 years warming their bench with multiple short term loans 

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Cadden won't be free, a development fee would have to be paid/agreed.

I'm not sure I'd want Cadden even on a free.

This is a lad who once showed great promise but my impression is that he has reached a plateau and I wonder if he will improve the team at all.

I certainly wouldn't be paying the £500k 'Well were supposed to be asking.

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

This is a lad who once showed great promise but my impression is that he has reached a plateau and I wonder if he will improve the team at all.

Similar situation to Souttar and Wighton so could go either way, it would be an expensive gamble

Edited by BigAlim

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I seen him play for the U21's v England at Tynecastle and while Scotland were outclassed I thought Cadden looked decent, certainly looked better than the boy Morgan from Celtic that was meant to be the next big thing. Don't think he's reached a plateu but maybe more starting to stagnate at Motherwell having been played in too many different positions.

39 minutes ago, Ribble said:

I seen him play for the U21's v England at Tynecastle and while Scotland were outclassed I thought Cadden looked decent, certainly looked better than the boy Morgan from Celtic that was meant to be the next big thing. Don't think he's reached a plateu but maybe more starting to stagnate at Motherwell having been played in too many different positions.

I don’t know what game you were watching but Caden was one of the worst players on the park and Morgan was eaaaiky the best Scottish player. I’ve yet to see Cadden play well and hope we don’t spend any money on him 

3 minutes ago, Dayman said:

I don’t know what game you were watching but Caden was one of the worst players on the park and Morgan was eaaaiky the best Scottish player. I’ve yet to see Cadden play well and hope we don’t spend any money on him 

This. Morgan was Scotland’s only player that night who looked capable on the ball..

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Anyone else sick of the transfer window and wish it would slam shut?

Nah. 27 days more of purgatory. Sado-masichistic  nirvana

GorgieRules22
2 minutes ago, Roman1874 said:

Anything more on Solanke coming in? 

Nah he just phoned and said that Roman guy talks shite.

On 31/12/2018 at 17:57, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Are they just linking themselves with every Liverpool player now? Nathaniel Clyne :rofl:

On 31/12/2018 at 18:21, neilnunb said:

I did laugh at it myself. Sure Clyne played for them a week or two ago...but then again, isn't he just back from injury? Maybe a way to get fitness back.

On 31/12/2018 at 18:22, wavydavy said:

Clyne came on as a sub v Arsenal the other day when Liverpool beat them 5 - 1.

On 31/12/2018 at 18:54, milky_26 said:

he is their back-up right back, IIRC alexander-arnold who is 1st choice is currently injured so clyne should get more game time

BackOfTheNet
2 hours ago, Ribble said:

True. Can’t see us getting all three though. Also depends on opportunities down south, the scouting network that brought us Ikpeazu, Lee and Dunne hasn’t put a foot wrong so far as I can see.

58 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

This. Morgan was Scotland’s only player that night who looked capable on the ball..

Morgan looked ok on the ball but to me appeared lacking in any kind of pace or workrate off the ball, all about opinions though!

Quite liked the look of kamara but seemingly off to rangers along with Jordan Jones. Who will be another’s Michael o’halloran guaranteed 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, maroon said:

Quite liked the look of kamara but seemingly off to rangers along with Jordan Jones. Who will be another’s Michael o’halloran guaranteed 

They will have a staggering amount of wingers shortly. Kent I suppose will retreat, still leaves them with Jones, Candeias and Murphy. Thinking there may be another

LarrysRightFoot
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

They will have a staggering amount of wingers shortly. Kent I suppose will retreat, still leaves them with Jones, Candeias and Murphy. Thinking there may be another

Middleton 

LarrysRightFoot
11 minutes ago, Barack said:

His source left the club. 

I thought it was Locke? Or someone close to Locke.

LarrysRightFoot
Just now, Barack said:

Maybe I'm getting mixed up. Just remember he posted on here in a (seemingly) drunk rant, at the club etc.

No further itk/postings generally/ were forthcoming.

Decent info, & poster, in his day. We have others now though.

Maybe you are correct. He was one who’s info was generally spot on - not sure we have anyone like that now. 

5 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Ive heard ambrose is a  Hibby Green Man Releasee so we could be after him to replace Dunne.

Not in the know as it came from a fortune teller - a black magic woman in fact....

Nice, I was going to try and work that in, no need to bother now.

Solanke signs for Bournemouth, £19m.

To think there were many through here in the west who genuinely thought he was bound for Greyskull. 

On 03/01/2019 at 13:09, Roman1874 said:

Solanke from liverpool on Loan. 

Looks like we've missed on on Solanke as he's just signed for Bournemouth for £19,000,000

6 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Suppose it depends on projected budgets for 19-20. The three you’ve mentioned would be excellent. My gut feeling would be Cadden’s development fee could potentially be a stumbling block. Halkett I’d take in a heartbeat, main reason Livingston are so defensively sound and will only just have turned 24 by the end of the season so huge potential, but I’ve heard no rumblings of any interest from us. Mackay-Steven is a no-brainer, even with his injury history but my gut is he’ll extend with Aberdeen.

If we don’t sign anyone in this window but get Naismith on a pre-contract we’d have still done great business.

Listen if we can pay £250k for Wigthon then surely we can afford a bit more for Cadden?

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Listen if we can pay £250k for Wigthon then surely we can afford a bit more for Cadden?

I doubt we paid £250k for CW.

1 hour ago, Jim Weir said:

Looks like we've missed on on Solanke as he's just signed for Bournemouth for £19,000,000

Correct. 

9 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

We were in negotiations for days for him. 

How much do you think we paid then? 10 bob? 

No idea.

The fee was undisclosed.....but £250,000 for CW seems pretty high. Wouldn’t you agree ?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Jim Weir said:

Heard we wouldn't go above £15m.

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

No idea.

The fee was undisclosed.....but £250,000 for CW seems pretty high. Wouldn’t you agree ?

Yes i would. 

I said so at the time, only to be told he was class by a lot of people on here. 

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

No idea.

Is it maybe including bonuses? 

4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

No idea.

£250 might be too high.