Hearts Transfer window ( merged )

cb1874

Bazzas right boot

Cannae wait for our first new signing. 

The anticipation, the hope and best of all, a chance to boo a new player. 

It's what it is all about. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• sadj

8 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Ive heard ambrose is a  Hibby Green Man Releasee so we could be after him to replace Dunne.

If he brings his better half fae Lochend wae him it would be Hibby Green Man Releasee (with hisTwo Fanged Crone)!

Edited by Pie-Heid
spelly welly

28 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

Yes i would. 

I said so at the time, only to be told he was class by a lot of people on here. 

So other than a newspaper.....one which I’ve proven makes shit up.....what evidence is there we paid this fee for him ?

5 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

So other than a newspaper.....one which I’ve proven makes shit up.....what evidence is there we paid this fee for him ?

You've proven nothing. However, a loan deal could be back on the cards, with the Reds understood to be happy for Solanke to get game time elsewhere.

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/rangers/will-expected-january-transfer-spell-the-end-for-this-rangers-player-1-4834221

Anything can happen with a deal that hasn't been concluded yet. 

They only reported what they knew at the time. 

Edited by Top Corner

3 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

You've proven nothing. However, a loan deal could be back on the cards, with the Reds understood to be happy for Solanke to get game time elsewhere.

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/rangers/will-expected-january-transfer-spell-the-end-for-this-rangers-player-1-4834221

Anything can happen with a deal that hasn't been concluded yet. 

They only reported what they knew at the time. 

The story was bullshit. Full of If and buts with zero concrete proof.

So....

As the fee was officially undisclosed what evidence is there we paid £250,000 for CW ?

11 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/confirmed-craig-wighton-joins-hearts-from-dundee-for-undisclosed-fee/

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3130292/hearts-craig-wighton-dundee/

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/714693/dundee-confirm-craig-wighton-has-signed-for-hearts/

Just all lying? 

In any case, we paid a fee for him and he's shite. 

That's all you should concentrate on. 

Edited by Top Corner

We have wasted a fair amount of money on shite in the past few years.

5 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

Maybe all came from the same source....which may well have been wrong.

Fee was undisclosed.....I’m concentrating on that rather than take the Scottish media’s word for anything,

Just now, DH1986 said:

Maybe all came from the same source....which may well have been wrong.

Fee was undisclosed.....I’m concentrating on that rather than take the Scottish media’s word for anything,

Maybe ask yourself why it was undisclosed then....

Maybe ask yourself why it was undisclosed then....

Most fees are undisclosed these days. It’s no big deal.

Or are you saying we didn’t release the actual because we thought it was too much ?

Nah....surely you don’t think that. Do you ?

Edited by DH1986

4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Most fees are undisclosed these days. It’s no big deal.

Or are you saying we didn’t release the actual because we thought it was too much ?

Nah....surely you don’t think that. Do you ?

All i'm saying is, Why hide what you've paid for something?

That's like something i would do after buying a Gibson guitar lol

Yeah, Sorry, can't tell you what i paid for it , it's undisclosed. 

If i bought it for 50 quid, i'd be like, Check this bargain out! got this guitar for 50 quid! 

Edited by Top Corner

1 minute ago, Top Corner said:

If i bought it for 50 quid, i'd be like, Check this bargain out! got this guitar for 50 quid! 

one reason to do it is for the selling club to hide the fee received as if they are trying to buy someone, knowing what they have just received might raise the asking price

2 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

Undisclosed fees are pretty common.

We signed John Souttar for an undisclosed fee.......do you care about that too ?

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

one reason to do it is for the selling club to hide the fee received as if they are trying to buy someone, knowing what they have just received might raise the asking price

Yeah, I can see it from the point of view of the selling club.

Neither club came out and said that the fee all over the papers was rubbish though. 

A year down the line, the fee shouldn't be undisclosed. 

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

Undisclosed fees are pretty common.

We signed John Souttar for an undisclosed fee.......do you care about that too ?

No, because he's not shite, and it's you that's obsessed with the fee lol. 

Edited by Top Corner

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Listen if we can pay £250k for Wigthon then surely we can afford a bit more for Cadden?

Depends on what other business is planned. Signing Adam for example may reduce the kitty meaning any lump sums wouldn’t be feasible for now. They’d need to weigh up everything from compensation cost, sell on ability, wage demands and what’s available elsewhere without any compensation fee. If they feel they can use the money better elsewhere they may decide to do so. I think Levein will want him, and with no fee it wouldn’t be an issue, but the fee complicates things. If Cadden signs a pre-contract then I think it may be even after January once other business has been dealt with and future budgets known etc. Like Wighton, he was deadline day as we knew what budget we were dealing with.

30 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

To stop nosey people getting to know our business.

Big Slim Stylee
3 hours ago, Jim Weir said:

Looks like we've missed on on Solanke as he's just signed for Bournemouth for £19,000,000

Must have been a tough call for the boy ?

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

To stop nosey people getting to know our business.

Are you calling the fans that saved the club from death nosy?

1 minute ago, Top Corner said:

Are you calling the fans that saved the club from death nosy?

I'm wondering why you need to know.  

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I'm wondering why you need to know.  

I already know. It was around £250,000

Let's move on. 

The White Cockade

I heard that as well

Seemingly they would have accepted 15 Million plus Wighton but we wouldn’t go that high

???

Edited by The White Cockade

Calebs Grandad
18 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

This thread has taken a turn for the worse........

I’ve lost track of what it was actually about now! 

14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You know what was reported.

And until someone tells me otherwise... That's the figure i'm placing on the useless git lol

Well this quickly turned into a typical KB transfer thread. Is this where we slate the club for signing Osh, Sammon and Martin years ago ??? That would be fun too.

18 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Well this quickly turned into a typical KB transfer thread. Is this where we slate the club for signing Osh, Sammon and Martin years ago ??? That would be fun too.

I suggest we do until there's some new signing news, otherwise this will be a hell of a boring thread. 

Pull the finger out hearts! lets see some new signings with a bit of skill about them!

You paid 250 grand for wighton ffs! 

If we're on a budget, i'll take a Jose quitongo, a Jean-Louis Valois and a SUSO! much was suso?

Edited by Top Corner

4 hours ago, Jim Weir said:

Looks like we've missed on on Solanke as he's just signed for Bournemouth for £19,000,000

Bah we were gazumped, we were only £18,900,000 short 

I think CL pulled out the move because he didn’t want a striker that was so lanky.

Just a misunderstanding with the scout report :sadrobbo:

2 hours ago, daveyhmfc said:

This thread has taken a turn for the worse........

2 hours ago, Calebs Grandad said:

I’ve lost track of what it was actually about now! 

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

I reckon if we tot it all up we'd have

11 and a half pages of shite ?

Edited by Sharky999

pettigrewsstylist

Reports of Kamara and J Jones having medicals at Sevco today for pre contracts. Both good aquisitions if true :(

Kamara and J Jones to Greyskull, well that's weakened a couple of clubs, what a surprise, where do they look now? Shinnie from the Dons, Naismith from Norwich/Hearts, now who else can we plunder they will be thinking, this is so easy, what with the help of our refs and the SFA - Champions League here we come.

8 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Reports of Kamara and J Jones having medicals at Sevco today for pre contracts. Both good aquisitions if true :(

Sums up the inequality in our game 

3 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Depends on what other business is planned. Signing Adam for example may reduce the kitty meaning any lump sums wouldn’t be feasible for now. They’d need to weigh up everything from compensation cost, sell on ability, wage demands and what’s available elsewhere without any compensation fee. If they feel they can use the money better elsewhere they may decide to do so. I think Levein will want him, and with no fee it wouldn’t be an issue, but the fee complicates things. If Cadden signs a pre-contract then I think it may be even after January once other business has been dealt with and future budgets known etc. Like Wighton, he was deadline day as we knew what budget we were dealing with.

It also depends on where CL thinks we need to add players. Personally I still think we could do with at least one decent wide player and a decent central midfielder especially if the rumours are true about Djoum.

It looks as if we are lining up someone to replace Jimmy Dunne if he does not come back to us on loan so there may not be much in the way of funds to do anymore business unless of course there are some departures which is unlikely or the secret benefactor produces yet again.

3 hours ago, Top Corner said:

And until someone tells me otherwise... That's the figure i'm placing on the useless git lol

Good.  As long as you are happy.

5 hours ago, DH1986 said:

I don't always believe what I read online.

The story you are highlighting was a suggestion that a player would be signed whereas the article I quoted was relating to an Actual Transfer where there was never any suggestion from anyone that a fee had not been paid.

So what you are really saying is that the fee was not as high as £250k. If my theory on what you are saying is correct then it is the amount you dispute rather than the fact a fee was paid.

Would you care to enlighten us on how much the fee paid was then?

rudi must stay
57 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Kamara is a weird one for them, very inconsistent. If he's that great why are they where they are. Jones definatly, really like that guy. Killie's only threat and he keeps that going, heck for the past few seasons he's been one of the best wingers in Britain

i wish jj was my dad
8 hours ago, Barack said:

Maybe I'm getting mixed up. Just remember he posted on here in a (seemingly) drunk rant, at the club etc.

No further itk/postings generally/ were forthcoming.

Decent info, & poster, in his day. We have others now though.

Remember that :jj_facepalm:

Also coincided Neil Alexander's departure and two of our former toap boays turning on Craig big time. Not sure if they have followed Jack Hamilton to Dundee or just decided to follow follow full time.

Talked to someone very close to Shaughnessy today and we’ve definitely been in contact and there should be a loan move confirmed next week. Obviously anything can happen but I’m glad it’s actually looking very possible as he’s a good player. Big boy that plays the ball in the deck. He was wanted by a load of top teams when he came over from Ireland initially and still has loads of potential. 

2 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

14m loss last year but no big deal to Sevco.  

17 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Talked to someone very close to Shaughnessy today and we’ve definitely been in contact and there should be a loan move confirmed next week. Obviously anything can happen but I’m glad it’s actually looking very possible as he’s a good player. Big boy that plays the ball in the deck. He was wanted by a load of top teams when he came over from Ireland initially and still has loads of potential. 

Waiting on the Jimmy Dunne situation I would have thought 

7 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Kamara is a weird one for them, very inconsistent. If he's that great why are they where they are. Jones definatly, really like that guy. Killie's only threat and he keeps that going, heck for the past few seasons he's been one of the best wingers in Britain

Jones though has, ironically, had a pretty poor season. He scored his first goal in December and to date has 2 goals and 0 assists, in a team that is flying. 

Actually decided to go check his stats and he has provided 8 assists since 2016 (4 each season only) , that's pretty shocking and would get ripped apart if he was ours 

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Leeds have injury problems with their central defence which is delaying the deal. 

He plays for Burnley 

6 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

Anyone else feel like Hearts are sleeping in this transfer window?

Probably the same few that complain about CL signing 18 players.

7 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

Anyone else feel like Hearts are sleeping in this transfer window?

Its only just opened up lot of players and staff are off with their families 

Plenty time plus we aren't expecting much activity like previous years

1 or 2 out,  1 or 2 in I'd suggest 

43 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Its only just opened up lot of players and staff are off with their families 

Plenty time plus we aren't expecting much activity like previous years

1 or 2 out,  1 or 2 in I'd suggest 

Mobile phones are a wonderful thing at times!!