Hearts Transfer window ( merged )

cb1874

Generic Username
15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Wtf are you on about, that link shows you all the teams playing budget for the year 2015-6 showing that we were behind Celtic and Aberdeen in the top flight.. I’m not really sure what other proof you want, how can anyone argue that it’s Celtic/Rangers/Aberdeen/Hearts/Hibs when it’s been proven on here time and time again is astonishing.

Is it not just showing projected average wage expenses, not actual budgets? Would be interesting to see the source data being used to pull the reports together but I think that, and the bulk of the last couple of pages are a discussion for another thread.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• sadj

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Meestah Sahmon said:

Is it not just showing projected average wage expenses, not actual budgets? Would be interesting to see the source data being used to pull the reports together but I think that, and the bulk of the last couple of pages are a discussion for another thread.

Yeah definitely, irs pretty well known we had the third highest wage budget in the league that season anyway.

Generic Username
25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah definitely, irs pretty well known we had the third highest wage budget in the league that season anyway.

Apologies if you've taken my comments about Ross County as me suggesting we didn't have a larger budget, I was just pointing out that, that season especially, a lot of teams gambled financially in terms of transfers and numbers of bodies brought in. I think the staggering number of bodies brought in post-administration was reflective of our over reliance on Wyscout and not having a solid scouting network bedded in. So we've had to gamble on a lot of players, your Kenny Anderson's/Rafa Grezlak's etc, while the ground work is put in, in the background to unearth better quality further down the line, like an Olly Lee or Peter Haring.

I think it's a positive thing that we're looking at doing next to no business this window. We can't jump window to window bringing in 15/20 bodies a time, but now it feels like we've got the bulk of the good work done already at the start of the season and the focus is on keeping as much of this squad together, for as long as possible because that's the only way to really get any kind of long term success.

Obviously I'd love to see another face or two come in from left-field but it's not the end of the world if that doesn't happen. I think come February when everyone is fit and firing on all cylinders again we should be looking good for the remainder of the season. Hopefully that's us kind of back on track again...

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Meestah Sahmon said:

Apologies if you've taken my comments about Ross County as me suggesting we didn't have a larger budget, I was just pointing out that, that season especially, a lot of teams gambled financially in terms of transfers and numbers of bodies brought in. I think the staggering number of bodies brought in post-administration was reflective of our over reliance on Wyscout and not having a solid scouting network bedded in. So we've had to gamble on a lot of players, your Kenny Anderson's/Rafa Grezlak's etc, while the ground work is put in, in the background to unearth better quality further down the line, like an Olly Lee or Peter Haring.

I think it's a positive thing that we're looking at doing next to no business this window. We can't jump window to window bringing in 15/20 bodies a time, but now it feels like we've got the bulk of the good work done already at the start of the season and the focus is on keeping as much of this squad together, for as long as possible because that's the only way to really get any kind of long term success.

Obviously I'd love to see another face or two come in from left-field but it's not the end of the world if that doesn't happen. I think come February when everyone is fit and firing on all cylinders again we should be looking good for the remainder of the season. Hopefully that's us kind of back on track again...

Definitely, it would be great to see a pacy winger added but it’s unlikely as you say we’ve signed 19 players this season. We probably have to offload a few more if we were to get any in as we went over budget to get Clare, Amankwaa leaving helped but not enough to sign someone else even if we were looking.

31 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

We aren't finished. Mods please clean up this mess

so, are we looking to get somebody else in, or are we clearing out some of the dross ?   Sammon/Martin  ??

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

so, are we looking to get somebody else in, or are we clearing out some of the dross ?   Sammon/Martin  ??

Both

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Getting rid of dross hopefully?, getting anyone else is unlikely as we’re not looking or have money and Levein has said we’re done.

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Can the mods just shut this absolute shitemare please?

Or rename it to the Official PfK Shitemare thread? ??‍♂️

59 minutes ago, Meestah Sahmon said:

Was Grezlak not player of the season in Poland (that would fit with limited scouting network info). We gamble as we have had to those gambles may be lessened now but they will still happen. I still think in proportion out failures are no worse than the other teams

Edited by sadj

33 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Getting rid of dross hopefully?, getting anyone else is unlikely as we’re not looking or have money and Levein has said we’re done.

We are ALWAYS looking at players. We will be looking at players for summer even now. Your business of transfers is not 1st Jan to 31st Jan. levein will say that unless there is something concrete or highley likely. Its management 101. We have explained this a hundred times to you. Even as is the squad is it is capable of challenging as it did at the start of the season and pushing on. Give over with the robotic repeating every other post is “we are done , we have no money , levein said so” 

46 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

yeah , heard you the first time you said we are getting nobody else in...oh and the second, third,.... yada yada yada !!!

Selkirkhmfc1874
20 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

yeah , heard you the first time you said we are getting nobody else in...oh and the second, third,.... yada yada yada !!!

He's wrong because there will be 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not much dross to get rid of now, entirely due to our excellent recruitment and scouting over the last 18 months.

7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Not much dross to get rid of now, entirely due to our excellent recruitment and scouting over the last 18 months.

True, if we manage to move on Martin this window then we won't have anyone left who has been frozen out.  It must be a long time since that was the case.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, sadj said:

We are ALWAYS looking at players. We will be looking at players for summer even now. Your business of transfers is not 1st Jan to 31st Jan. levein will say that unless there is something concrete or highley likely. Its management 101. We have explained this a hundred times to you. Even as is the squad is it is capable of challenging as it did at the start of the season and pushing on. Give over with the robotic repeating every other post is “we are done , we have no money , levein said so” 

I’ve been told a hundred times ?, how many times does it have to be

said we are not looking at anyone just now because some folk still think we are?  The club are currently looking at young players from other clubs that are our of contract in the summer.

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 minute ago, andrew said:

True, if we manage to move on Martin this window then we won't have anyone left who has been frozen out.  It must be a long time since that was the case.

The Edwards signing is quite frustrating as otherwise it would have been an almost entirely successful window. Mulraney / Wighton were accepted as development signings and the ones intended to play regularly have been largely successful. Martin, Sammon and Edwards out the door and we’re sorted.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Was Grezlak not player of the season in Poland (that would fit with limited scouting network info). We gamble as we have had to those gambles may be lessened now but they will still happen. I still think in proportion out failures are no worse than the other teams

No he certainly was not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015–16_Ekstraklasa

He was the most booked player, maybe that’s where you getting mixed up.

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Hughes, Martin, Sammon, Edwards  with the jury out on a few others but definite improvements.

On 18/01/2019 at 11:15, cunny1874 said:

If you think Sean Clare does not have potential to be a good player then you need to stop watching  football because you know nothing about it....this is my biggest hate with hearts fans getting on the back off young players because there not world class right away...said all season not see the best of Clare till next season..full season under his belt witch he’s not played a lot of football.full pre season and working under Naismith will help him.just ask yourself why was Tottenham and Everton wanting the boy for the future...

yeah, we can live in hope. still have serious doubts. 22 is not that young. Sean, please show some potential apart from one strike at goal v livi. 

On 18/01/2019 at 10:19, Sir Gio said:

Surprised no one picked up on Djoum "disappearing" at Livingston.

My personal favourite :rofl:He did, at the referees indiscretion

i forgot it was him that got sent off. You still full of confidence about these other great players (clare and maclean) mentions of them seem to make the post a laughing stock. We just lost at home to Dundee!  I was also ridiculed for expressing concern over the 1-0 to bottom of belgian league whilst away. Vanecek also taken off after 34 minutes today for no apparent reason other than he had been booked and was playing like Maclean

On 18/01/2019 at 10:14, TypoonJambo said:

Somebody's been on the Keo, drink sensibly bud and keep out of the sun. 

Standy by every comment and sober as a judge. That was bad tonight no matter how much beer and sun anyone has had!

7 minutes ago, cyprusjambo said:

Standy by every comment and sober as a judge. That was bad tonight no matter how much beer and sun anyone has had!

And now, after that crap, i agree with you mate. Bloody awful. 

11 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

And now, after that crap, i agree with you mate. Bloody awful. 

Thanks. it's been coming. We seem to be a one man team and he will probably leave in the summer... Good to see Souttar back though but will take time. They say DV will need time too. Do we have this luxury of waiting for 5-6 players to get up to speed?? mmmm.... 

Badly need an experienced winger or attacking player in the Milinkovic mould to add variety to the team. Morrison’s confidence is shot and Mulraney isn’t good enough for this level.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 hours ago, cyprusjambo said:

i forgot it was him that got sent off. You still full of confidence about these other great players (clare and maclean) mentions of them seem to make the post a laughing stock. We just lost at home to Dundee!  I was also ridiculed for expressing concern over the 1-0 to bottom of belgian league whilst away. Vanecek also taken off after 34 minutes today for no apparent reason other than he had been booked and was playing like Maclean

Djoum and MacLean had good games, the other 9 were pretty poor. Ollie Lee had a stinker but has played well in other games.

Personally I look at a bigger picture. You've taken your time to get back, surely weren't very confident of your own assertions.

You see folk that post only after defeats are indeed laughing stocks.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Badly need an experienced winger or attacking player in the Milinkovic mould to add variety to the team. Morrison’s confidence is shot and Mulraney isn’t good enough for this level.

That is part of the problem for me. Been flogging the winger chat from July. Mulraney I have no doubt was cheap and basically was the compensation for Beith who has never kicked a ball at ICT. I will take the consolation he kept Tierney busy and that will be his one day in the sun.

Morrison probably needs to be out of the spotlight from time to time. Rather than take a chance in January on another random, I would prioritise in the summer and keep the money for now.

I don't beleive that the players are poor and need replacing. They were all good enough a few months back. Why decent players are playing so badly is the question.

On 22/01/2019 at 15:02, Pasquale for King said:

No he doesn’t, he himself had said he’s not sure if he wants to coach when he retires and will take time off to decide.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/aaron-hughes-to-mentor-hearts-defenders-as-manager-admits-game-time-will-be-limited-1-4862211

As I was explaining to you; Hughes now has a quasi coaching role at the club.

17 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

He should have been let go. This coaches bench is getting bigger than the players!!

He's under contract so I'd assume that Levein has decided that it is better to have him here supporting the younger centre backs and as an emergency playing option, opposed to paying off his contract and parting ways.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
20 hours ago, jambopilms said:

I don't beleive that the players are poor and need replacing. They were all good enough a few months back. Why decent players are playing so badly is the question.

This

...maybe, possibly, team selection and tactics? 

25 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

This

...maybe, possibly, team selection and tactics? 

Whilst we should be able to play better, Haring and Naismith playing make such a massive difference to this team.

I don’t think it can be overstated the impact both players have.

21 hours ago, jambopilms said:

I reckon most teams have twigged the way we are set out and play. To me there just does not seem to be a plan b for when things are not working.

On 24/01/2019 at 10:18, To Be Frank said:

Milinkovic would give the team a huge lift right now, I doubt it will happen though.

Given the fact that Souttar, Djoum and Naismith could all be away in the summer we've got a lot of hard work ahead of us in the transfer market.

22 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I reckon most teams have twigged the way we are set out and play. To me there just does not seem to be a plan b for when things are not working.

Plan B should be our Plan A,........if we had a Plan B that is.

It couldn't possibly be any less attractive to watch.

12 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Plan B should be our Plan A,........if we had a Plan B that is.

It couldn't possibly be any less attractive to watch.

Just seems to me that if passing the ball out from the back does not work all we revert to is playing the ball up the middle and hoping we get possession from that. Very frustrating to watch this on Wednesday night. I don't think MacLean won one header from that. All very well if you have a big forward who can match defenders in the air, but it was obvious that was not working and there seemed to be no way of changing things.

12 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Just seems to me that if passing the ball out from the back does not work all we revert to is playing the ball up the middle and hoping we get possession from that. Very frustrating to watch this on Wednesday night. I don't think MacLean won one header from that. All very well if you have a big forward who can match defenders in the air, but it was obvious that was not working and there seemed to be no way of changing things.

If we could pass the ball out from the back and through the midfield a lot quicker and more accurately, Plan A would work.

But it seems we cant,............. or maybe our players are being told that possession in our own half, playing it across the back line is more important ??

Edited by Busby8

23 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Djoum and MacLean had good games, the other 9 were pretty poor. Ollie Lee had a stinker but has played well in other games.

Personally I look at a bigger picture. You've taken your time to get back, surely weren't very confident of your own assertions.

You see folk that post only after defeats are indeed laughing stocks.

What's the bigger picture? Sorry I dont have time to spend my whole life on JK. as tempting as it is. Most of the responses are from smart a***s only looking to mock. Thankfully there are some sensible people too. 

Vlad the impaler

I can’t believe no journalist has asked CL if his stance on no more signings have altered after the last two performances? With just under a week to go if we sign no one else I don’t know where the creativity is coming from never mind the goals

3 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

I can’t believe no journalist has asked CL if his stance on no more signings have altered after the last two performances? With just under a week to go if we sign no one else I don’t know where the creativity is coming from never mind the goals

Probably too busy quizzing him about more important issues like using towels for long throws

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Nothing new there he’s been doing it for a while. He’s not a coach, doesn’t know if he wants to be.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He's under contract so I'd assume that Levein has decided that it is better to have him here supporting the younger centre backs and as an emergency playing option, opposed to paying off his contract and parting ways.

Should never have been given any contract, he was finished when he came and can’t get a game ahead of injured players. Not fit for purpose, or rubbish perhaps?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
42 minutes ago, cyprusjambo said:

What's the bigger picture? Sorry I dont have time to spend my whole life on JK. as tempting as it is. Most of the responses are from smart a***s only looking to mock. Thankfully there are some sensible people too. 

Sorry, forum, you made a ridiculously inaccurate post. I'm not going to blow smoke up your a**e. I watch Hearts nearly every week, Wednesday was bad but miles below average.

People using one game to bolster their argument I don't take seriously at all