Hearts Transfer window ( merged )

cb1874

55 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Perfect blue sky today :lol:

Im up here on a training course so I know fine it’s sunny. Still a f*****g shithole tho ? Worked out of this dump for over 12 years so my opinion won’t be changed.

Edited by lewis2006

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• sadj

ICT looking at Anthony Macdonald with a view to a loan deal until the end of the season according to the Scotsman.

Id prefer that he was in our team but it will be a good experience for him if he goes and will come back stronger for next season.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, lewis2006 said:

Im up here on a training course so I know fine it’s sunny. Still a f*****g shithole tho ? Worked out of this dump for over 12 years so my opinion won’t be changed.

You haven't seen the nice bits  i.e. my hoose  :)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Finlay James said:

ICT looking at Anthony Macdonald with a view to a loan deal until the end of the season according to the Scotsman.

Id prefer that he was in our team but it will be a good experience for him if he goes and will come back stronger for next season.

Not in the picture just now good deal 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
49 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

anyway, are we getting a winger in   ?

Just a foot note on the whole Aberdeen debate...... not a bad city, just full of really weird, insular folk  !

You know me well 

18 minutes ago, lewis2006 said:

@Sir Gio inviting you round theres an invite for ya

Edited by sadj

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not in the picture just now good deal 

I can see why we are using Morrison in a wide area just now. I do suspect in the fulness of time that MacDonald will be a far superior player to Morrison 

That cup game against St Johnstone highlighted his talent. He has a great touch and awareness. He and Cochrane clearly need to develop physically, but they both have real talent. They are technically advanced to a number ahead of them in the first team right now in my view 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Jim Weir said:

I can see why we are using Morrison in a wide area just now. I do suspect in the fulness of time that MacDonald will be a far superior player to Morrison 

That cup game against St Johnstone highlighted his talent. He has a great touch and awareness. He and Cochrane clearly need to develop physically, but they both have real talent. They are technically advanced to a number ahead of them in the first team right now in my view 

I see McDonald more central than wide to be honest. 

Championship football for 4 months would be a good experience for him

The Apprentice
17 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

I think that would be a really good move for him.  ICT don't carry a big squad so he'd definitely get substantial game time if he stayed fit.

2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Yip, me too. 

Rules should be changed. 

PRE for btracts are wierd as well. 

Jones is a good example. 

What happens when Killie and rangers are battling it out behind us for 3rd place and European football the following season. 

Jones priority would be rangers as he'd be there.

Killie would Likley not play him in a direct game with Rangers with that at stake before he moves, so rangers have eliminated a rivals player while he is still playing for them. 

Gerrard in the paper saying that Jones will still be the enemy when they play each other tomorrow and that he fully expects Jones to perform at the best level he can for Killie as that's his job until the summer.

Tynecastle Valhalla

I really think we should be playing mitchell wide left and morrison wide right in some games

having said that it would be good to get a more experienced winger in - someone like Milinkovic that has a bit of magic 

if we can offload people like sammon / martin / Edwards / Hughes etc ten should have budget to do it 

a loan could be an idea 

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, wallace_mercer said:

I really think we should be playing mitchell wide left and morrison wide right in some games

having said that it would be good to get a more experienced winger in - someone like Milinkovic that has a bit of magic 

if we can offload people like sammon / martin / Edwards / Hughes etc ten should have budget to do it 

a loan could be an idea 

There lies the problem , those players still on payroll

12 minutes ago, wallace_mercer said:

a loan could be an idea 

Hughes and Sammon will just run down their contracts. With Edwards and Martin I imagine they will be easier to pay off in the last year of their contracts.

19 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Hughes and Sammon will just run down their contracts. With Edwards and Martin I imagine they will be easier to pay off in the last year of their contracts.

I think Hughes currently has a duel coaching / playing role and will be retained in a coaching capacity from next season onwards.

julienbrellier

is it just me that think it´s absolutely essential that we sign a winger, a creative midfielder and a goalkeeper in this window?  Can we please get on with it now

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

is it just me that think it´s absolutely essential that we sign a winger, a creative midfielder and a goalkeeper in this window?  Can we please get on with it now

Where's the money coming from? Our squad already pretty big ! On Saturday souttar , godinho, Brandon, Cochrane, McDonald, haring and ikpeazu weren't even stripped

13 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

It's just you.

Emilio Martinez, centre mid, lined Sean Clare’s post about our win, has no connection to him. Then tweets about his future. Guessing.

2 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Emilio Martinez, centre mid, lined Sean Clare’s post about our win, has no connection to him. Then tweets about his future. Guessing.

Sehr interesant. Strange coincidence unless.....

6 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Googled him and got a 37 year old right back who's never played at a high level

20 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

It's Emilio Martinez of Brisbane roar,played with sean at Nike academy. 

9 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

It's Emilio Martinez of Brisbane roar,played with sean at Nike academy. 

Ah well, that will be that that then ?

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

Ah well, that will be that that then ?

I've been stalking his agent for months now that's how I know ?

Pasquale for King
16 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Are folk seriously still peddling the myth that our recruitment has been crap? Since the summer of 2017 we have signed:

Jon Mclaughlin 

Christophe Berra

Michael Smith 

Uche Ikpeazu 

Peter Haring

Jimmy Dunne 

Conor Shaughnessy

David Milinkovic

Kyle Lafferty 

Steven Naismith 

Olly Lee

Dimitri Mitchell

Ben Garrucio

Oliver Bozanic 

Steven Maclean 

David Vanacek

Sean Clare 

The fact that the players on that list not currently at the club we tried to keep demonstrates the massive improvement in signing quality. We had a blip in terms of the quality of the signings over the Cathro period but the last 18 months have been very encouraging with a combination of looking in the English lower leagues and also continuing to look for gems on the continent. Obviously we're going to make some poor signings but the success rate now must easily be 75% or over. Even the so called failures (on here) Mulraney / Wighton, it is still far too early to write them off. I'd concede Edwards looks a blunder but that seems to be the only one over the last two windows. We are now in a position where over the summer we will only need to add one or two players if we can keep the rest of the squad together. Naismith, Djoum and Souttar would be the obvious contracts that need  extended.

Gryzelak, Stockton, Callachan, Smith-Brown, Amankwaa contributed very little. Jury still out on Doyle, Zlamal, Mulraney, Wighton, Edwards, Maclean, Mitchell, Garuccio and Bozanic really. 

Pasquale for King
53 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I think Hughes currently has a duel coaching / playing role and will be retained in a coaching capacity from next season onwards.

No he doesn’t, he himself had said he’s not sure if he wants to coach when he retires and will take time off to decide.

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Gryzelak, Stockton, Callachan, Smith-Brown, Amankwaa contributed very little. Jury still out on Doyle, Zlamal, Mulraney, Wighton, Edwards, Maclean, Mitchell, Garuccio and Bozanic really. 

You're scraping the barrel a bit there, Grezlak, Stockton and Smith-Brown were all signed prior to Levein becoming manager and were moved off the books the following window.  Callachan wasn't great but I don't imagine he cost us much at all.

Our transfer activity since August 2017 has been decent.

1 hour ago, julienbrellier said:

Yes its just you ??‍♂️

4 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

From what I’ve heard about Cathro in the dressing room, I find it hard to believe that this happened. 

Really i find it pretty easy what I know of or have heard of Cathro

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Garuccio, Bozanic and McLean have all contributed. If you are looking for 22 superstars, you are away with the fairies. Mitchell though disappointing is clearly talented.

Hyper critical I think

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, andrew said:

You're scraping the barrel a bit there, Grezlak, Stockton and Smith-Brown were all signed prior to Levein becoming manager and were moved off the books the following window.  Callachan wasn't great but I don't imagine he cost us much at all.

Our transfer activity since August 2017 has been decent.

I think you will find Berra/Lafferty/Smith were signed before he officially took over too, he was responsible for the change in the scouting process and signed off on every one of those players. You’re right about scraping the bottom of the barrel though. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Ribble said:

Gerrard in the paper saying that Jones will still be the enemy when they play each other tomorrow and that he fully expects Jones to perform at the best level he can for Killie as that's his job until the summer.

Gerrard talks utter shite, tho. 

Probably strengthens my point if anything. ?

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Garuccio, Bozanic and McLean have all contributed. If you are looking for 22 superstars, you are away with the fairies. Mitchell though disappointing is clearly talented.

Hyper critical I think

Contributing doesn’t make you a success though does it?As I said the jury is out.

Think the calls for a new GK are harsh on Doyle. Considering he has come from sitting on the bench all season, to producing 3 clean sheets and some good saves.

Fair enough if we look for something more long term in summer, but its not exactly easy to do business in January at the best of times anyway.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Contributing doesn’t make you a success though does it?As I said the jury is out.

What are you expecting? I've watched Hearts for 40 years and some of the guys you mention I would suggest are above the average for that period.

Contributing does make you a success, because you are contributing. More good than bad. Certainly some of your list have not achieved anything and maybe wont. Every single team will sing the same tune and some far worse than ourselves. You would never sign anyone if you wanted guarantees.

11 minutes ago, Mort said:

Think the calls for a new GK are harsh on Doyle. Considering he has come from sitting on the bench all season, to producing 3 clean sheets and some good saves.

Fair enough if we look for something more long term in summer, but its not exactly easy to do business in January at the best of times anyway.

Whilst it’s been good to have the three clean sheets in a row, I thought he was a bit suspect on Sunday. Doesn’t seem that confident when it comes to cross balls. 

I don’t think it’s a ‘problem position’ per se, but I do wonder if we’ll be looking at another goalkeeper in the summer. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Mort said:

Agree with most of that. I think both are iffy. But summer is the point to ditch one and find a better keeper.

45 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No he doesn’t, he himself had said he’s not sure if he wants to coach when he retires and will take time off to decide.

Someone posted the other day that he had been spotted wearing Hearts coaching kit rather than training kit, which was where my presumption came from. Perhaps he is a coach now but it is yet to be announced?

49 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Only someone with no idea whatsoever about football would expect every signing to be a success. That applies for every team on the planet from Auchinleck Talbot to Real Madrid! Our success rate over the last eighteen months has been very high.

15 minutes ago, Mort said:

Literally never heard anyone make a comment as such before... 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Someone posted the other day that he had been spotted wearing Hearts coaching kit rather than training kit, which was where my presumption came from. Perhaps he is a coach now but it is yet to be announced?

Do you know what the difference is? On match days the players wear grey and coaches black, the opposite on training days. Maybe he got it mixed up.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Do you know what the difference is? On match days the players wear grey and coaches black, the opposite on training days. Maybe he got it mixed up.

The poster indicated that Hughes was wearing a different type of kit to the rest of the players, the same as Daly etc. I haven't seen the photo he was referencing. Perhaps someone who attends Riccarton can clarify the matter.

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

What are you expecting? I've watched Hearts for 40 years and some of the guys you mention I would suggest are above the average for that period.

Contributing does make you a success, because you are contributing. More good than bad. Certainly some of your list have not achieved anything and maybe wont. Every single team will sing the same tune and some far worse than ourselves. You would never sign anyone if you wanted guarantees.

So because we’ve had some awful players we should accept average players? I want the best for my team, I’m not willing to accept bog standard players as that attitude has held us back in my opinion. I’ve seen us suffer so many poor players since the 70s, maybe that and my dad having seen our best ever team taints my judgement and makes me want more. 

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sack the kitman then. You had one job kitman..

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Only someone with no idea whatsoever about football would expect every signing to be a success. That applies for every team on the planet from Auchinleck Talbot to Real Madrid! Our success rate over the last eighteen months has been very high.

I don’t expect it but you conveniently forgot to mention the duds, most of which anyone who knows anything about football could see would fail, that were picked by folk who get paid to do so. The extremes between duds and successes is startling to be honest.