• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• sadj

Lord Beni of Gorgie
25 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Souttar a wanted man today. Hopefully we stand firm.

He is. Gone to Fleetwood 

Harry

::troll::

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He is. Gone to Fleetwood 

Harry

::troll::

Haha. Hopefully it's the only Souttar that moves then!

16 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

I thought he was being very coy on the topic. He never gave an outright No!

https://twitter.com/STVSport/status/1090929686010486785

That told us nothing.

He could easily have identified/approved incoming signings and he himself wouldn't be needed for medicals/paperwork.  Similarly he could have approved outgoing transfers and loans which can easily be done without him. However, he will be in Glasgow tonight, not too far away from the SFA offices if he is needed.

Imagine the meltdown on here later when Charlie Adam and Darren Fletcher post on instagram that they are looking forward to a boys night out to see Snow Patrol!!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Imagine the meltdown on here later when Charlie Adam and Darren Fletcher post on instagram that they are looking forward to a boys night out to see Snow Patrol!!!

Aye the Paparazzi might need to run to catch them or even end up Chasing cars for the story

50 pages and one signing this window - a lot of words and ITK tit bits,argument and counter argument,mistrust and loyalty.

Transfer window threads I LOVE THEM.?

7 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Well it is a case of standing firm!

He has just signed a new deal so I dont think we need to stand firm now. 

millerjames398
3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Aye the Paparazzi might need to run to catch them or even end up Chasing cars for the story

That will be chocolate.....??

millerjames398
5 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

He has just signed a new deal so I dont think we need to stand firm now. 

Im standing firm at the news?, excellent bit of business from us, and hopefully guarantee us an extra few million, when we do sell him??

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

To be fair to @johnking123 he was right, he was a wanted man today.

Wanted by the best :)

Glad it was us! Good news indeed. Hopefully a few more caps and we can state our price when the time is right.

4 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

No one else like Brandon going out on loan then?

I would.  But not if we are losing Mitchell. Be hand cover for that side. Played on the left a few times for us and did well.

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, merrymac said:

50 pages and one signing this window - a lot of words and ITK tit bits,argument and counter argument,mistrust and loyalty.

Transfer window threads I LOVE THEM.?

Kept us going through the winter break ?

6 hours ago, siegementality said:

The so called ITK’s have had a nightmare on this thread. 

It's not just on this thread mate!

I.T.K. ?

the jambo poet

A lot of smugness on the outcome of the window and no incomings apart from the start of January. I've no doubt we were sniffing about looking for a gem but it's difficult in this window. The people who give us snippets are good to have around and are probably correct in that we have been talking to players/agents. We shouldn't knock them as they are often right on the money. Wait and see we may still get one or two in who are now free agents. It would be a boring window without our resident ITK'ers

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Sometimes you go for players who don't become available. Only people that know anything for real is the players 

1 hour ago, the jambo poet said:

A lot of smugness on the outcome of the window and no incomings apart from the start of January. I've no doubt we were sniffing about looking for a gem but it's difficult in this window. The people who give us snippets are good to have around and are probably correct in that we have been talking to players/agents. We shouldn't knock them as they are often right on the money. Wait and see we may still get one or two in who are now free agents. It would be a boring window without our resident ITK'ers

Wouldn't surprise me and the fact that they are unemployed after the window closed will make them easier to deal with financially.

Selkirkhmfc1874
12 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Are there any interesting free agents around?

Think Craig levein right we don't need any more players until some go in the summer , we still got ikpeazu, Haring and Brandon to come back from injury and the likes of Garruccio and jambo soldier not even stripped last game so if anything squad too big at moment  

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Think Craig levein right we don't need any more players until some go in the summer , we still got ikpeazu, Haring and Brandon to come back from injury and the likes of Garruccio and jambo soldier not even stripped last game so if anything squad too big at moment  

Tonight will be a good test to see if we have as good a midfield as  CL thinks we have with no need to add to it.

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Tonight will be a good test to see if we have as good a midfield as  CL thinks we have with no need to add to it.

We are weaker without Haring so the best assessment of whether we are strong enough there will be when he is back. Hope it's soon.  

41 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

I think we have to wait a day or two to find out.  As an example, I didn't see it broadcast anywhere but Joe Ledley was released by Derby last night and his experience would be a benefit to many clubs (I'm not suggesting us)

Edited by JamboAl

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I'm a Levein supporter, but as I've said on numerous occasions, being 'well covered' for midfielders is all very well, I don't think our group of them are skilful or strong enough. (Barring Haring and Naismith}

Just my opinion.?

Captain Bubblebeard
2 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

We are weaker without Haring so the best assessment of whether we are strong enough there will be when he is back. Hope it's soon.  

I think that is the key. We have numbers in the midfield, no doubt, but a lot of players who do roughly the same job and little quality cover elsewhere. Djoum/Lee/Cochrane/Clare/Bozanic - none can cover adequately for what Haring provides (Bozanic maybe being the closest?) and nor can any of them play wide (at least not nearly as effectively as they do centrally). So, although overall we have a strong pool of players to pick from in midfield, if Haring is out, it is a big impact. Similarly, Morrison and Mulraney (and Mitchell?) don’t represent a great depth of choice or experience out wide.

13 minutes ago, Captain Bubblebeard said:

I think that is the key. We have numbers in the midfield, no doubt, but a lot of players who do roughly the same job and little quality cover elsewhere. Djoum/Lee/Cochrane/Clare/Bozanic - none can cover adequately for what Haring provides (Bozanic maybe being the closest?) and nor can any of them play wide (at least not nearly as effectively as they do centrally). So, although overall we have a strong pool of players to pick from in midfield, if Haring is out, it is a big impact. Similarly, Morrison and Mulraney (and Mitchell?) don’t represent a great depth of choice or experience out wide.

I don't think we are near the situation where we can afford a stand-in of equal ability for every, or even any, position.

Why do people come on a “discussion” thread and then decry anyone who puts anything up for discussion. If you only want to hear who we have signed, when they are signed, stick to the club website. If you want to hear rumours, suggestions and debate, this is the thread for you. “ITKers” add to the discussion. There will be mischief makers and trolls but more often than not, there is something behind the rumours. You can’t judge accuracy by who we sign as the majority of early contacts with prospects doesn’t end up in a signing. 

3 hours ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Derby released Joe Ledley last night? Wouldn't consider myself a fan but if Djoum won't extend and we can't get Adam then it couldn't hurt

30 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Derby released Joe Ledley last night? Wouldn't consider myself a fan but if Djoum won't extend and we can't get Adam then it couldn't hurt

Said that a couple of hours ago.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Said that a couple of hours ago.

Right enough, never read down far enough to see your response. A good enough player but I think we're miles apart from what he'd want from us financially. Decent enough if he'd take the hit mind. 

2 hours ago, bairdy said:

I'm a Levein supporter, but as I've said on numerous occasions, being 'well covered' for midfielders is all very well, I don't think our group of them are skilful or strong enough. (Barring Haring and Naismith}

Just my opinion.?

I agree.

One day after the January window closes, and the summer transfer rumours' have started already!!

Wait for it..............................

Jamie Walker and Lee Wallace to sign in the summer.

You will need to check the Walker thread to see who has the cohones out already :mw_rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Moan because we sign too many players.

Moan when we don’t sign enough players.

Who's moaning? Aside from you that is. I think it's all been quite accepting and jovial for once.

Edited by Flimsy

26 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

Who's moaning? Aside from you that is. I think it's all been quite accepting and jovial for once.

See how tonight goes and then we could well be back into "Full Moan".

Captain Bubblebeard
3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I don't think we are near the situation where we can afford a stand-in of equal ability for every, or even any, position.

I don’t think I’m saying that. I don’t think we really have any stand in for him where we’d have plenty further forward and central. Perhaps unfair on Bozanic. But the crux of my point was that saying that we have a strong midfield isn’t really correct imo. We have a number of good midfield players but they all cover pretty similar roles. It’s like having no full backs and four quality centre halves and saying that we are strong in defence.