Hearts Transfer window ( merged )

cb1874

Pasquale for King
Just now, Dayman said:

Sack the kitman then. You had one job kitman..

Levein had both on today, are we that bad off for CHs ?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• sadj

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The poster indicated that Hughes was wearing a different type of kit to the rest of the players, the same as Daly etc. I haven't seen the photo he was referencing. Perhaps someone who attends Riccarton can clarify the matter.

Maybe just a thicker black coat, the grey stuff is training gear not the black padded Gillet etc 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t expect it but you conveniently forgot to mention the duds, most of which anyone who knows anything about football could see would fail, that were picked by folk who get paid to do so. The extremes between duds and successes is startling to be honest. 

Why would I mention the duds in a post highlighting all the successful signings we had made since summer 2017? Of course we have made mistakes but the large number of signings have been a success over the last 18 months. Punts such as Wighton, mulraney and Amankwaa will always be taken and Levein has been very transparent regarding this matter.

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Levein had both on today, are we that bad off for CHs ?

Maybe the kitmans dropping hints. I’ve heard they are the heart and soul of clubs but this is a bit much ?

Pasquale for King
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Why would I mention the duds in a post highlighting all the successful signings we had made since summer 2017? Of course we have made mistakes but the large number of signings have been a success over the last 18 months. Punts such as Wighton, mulraney and Amankwaa will always be taken and Levein has been very transparent regarding this matter.

Because you said 75% of our signings were a success, showing the duds or average contributors weakens your point.

Maybe he shouldn’t be wasting our money on punts as you say as that’s costs us millions, more certainties Berra etc would be better wouldn’t you agree? 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Dayman said:

Maybe the kitmans dropping hints. I’ve heard they are the heart and soul of clubs but this is a bit much ?

?, eh gaffer you’ve got the wrong top on ?? ?

The Treasurer
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Because you said 75% of our signings were a success, showing the duds or average contributors weakens your point.

Maybe he shouldn’t be wasting our money on punts as you say as that’s costs us millions, more certainties Berra etc would be better wouldn’t you agree? 

We've maybe wasted a few bob on some duds, but millions ???

"certainties" like Berra don't come along very often and when they do they DO cost a lot of money

Edited by The Treasurer

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes. We should sign 20 English Championship level players over the summer. What’s the plan to raise the requesite finance? Souttar was in a similar situation to Wighton when he arrived. It worked, it might work for Wighton.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

We've maybe wasted a few bob on some duds, but millions ???

"certainties" like Berra don't come along very often and when they do they DO cost a lot of money

Yes millions. Oshiniwa was on 3/4K a week, three year deal and signing on fee agents fee  = £500k +. Sammon likewise minus loan fees.Martin similar. How much did loaning players from down south who haven’t done much cost, Watt/Smith-Brown/Mitchell/Randall. How much did we waste on Stockton/Gryzelak/Kitchen/Tzolis/Struna/Amankwaa/Edwards etc. We have signed over 100 players since administration and the majority have been a waste of money that take us well into millions I’m afraid.

If we take less gambles, 19 players this season, we could afford to have more like Berra. There are plenty good players going around these days that we can afford of we use our budget slightly more wisely.

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Yes. We should sign 20 English Championship level players over the summer. What’s the plan to raise the requesite finance? Souttar was in a similar situation to Wighton when he arrived. It worked, it might work for Wighton.

If we used our budget better and didn’t gamble as much maybe we wouldn’t need to sign so many players? Souttar was in no way a punt compared to Wighton, who hopefully will come good. Maybe our youngsters would get more of a chance too, not many graduates coming through this season either.

19 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Indeed and Souttar was a bombscare at times and was coached , grew in to who he is now. Had most of us banging outlr heads off the wall with some of his defending. Iv a vision in my head of him spinning kicking air and landing on his ass as Griffiths took advantage to score for Celtic. (Whilst im exaggerating thats not far off what happened more than once)

As for PfK and our money and wasting millions. Many have said on here it would be interesting to see a financial chart showing the percentage of players who have been duds at each of the top 6 clubs. Id imagine we stack up very nicely in comparison. Both in outlay , wages and time on our books. Sammon and Martin the exceptions rather than rule but even then Im not sure they would be the worst value for money or even close in the top 6 teams

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If we used our budget better and didn’t gamble as much maybe we wouldn’t need to sign so many players? Souttar was in no way a punt compared to Wighton, who hopefully will come good. Maybe our youngsters would get more of a chance too, not many graduates coming through this season either.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Souttar

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Wighton

Look like comparable early careers at their respective Dundee Clubs to me. 

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Really i find it pretty easy what I know of or have heard of Cathro

Always interesting to hear what others had heard. 

After we lost to Peterhead in the League Cup last season, apparently he was more interested in talking to the players about what they did wrong, rather than tearing a strip off them for a pathetic performance. Apparently that was the norm and it usually led to the players just switching off. 

You have a short memory , Souttar was ripped for performances when he first joined. 

Used our budget better? You think we came out of admin with a first class scouting system? You think that we have signed a considerable number of players in that time compared to say Hibs? Probably well worth getting figures to back up your childish anti Craig Levein or I pay into FoH so i should be included in decisions crap.

Iv been watching Hearts for 30+ years aswell , grew up hearing stories of my uncle n his mates from family , him and my dad whos been going since 1955. I expect the best of my club but I am not so blinded I think we are anything but in a decent place and better run than we have ever been. We don’t operate in a Bruno , Salvatori or Pinilla world now. We fight with Aberdeen and Hibs for the dregs available that Rangers and Celtic don’t go for. We have to take chances. Berra is the type of player that we are lucky to get , Naismith if we can get him will be the same. Again exceptions not the rule. 

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes millions. Oshiniwa was on 3/4K a week, three year deal and signing on fee agents fee  = £500k +. Sammon likewise minus loan fees.Martin similar. How much did loaning players from down south who haven’t done much cost, Watt/Smith-Brown/Mitchell/Randall. How much did we waste on Stockton/Gryzelak/Kitchen/Tzolis/Struna/Amankwaa/Edwards etc. We have signed over 100 players since administration and the majority have been a waste of money that take us well into millions I’m afraid.

If we take less gambles, 19 players this season, we could afford to have more like Berra. There are plenty good players going around these days that we can afford of we use our budget slightly more wisely.

This summer should, hopefully, see us strengthening the squad, rather than overhauling it.

2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Always interesting to hear what others had heard. 

After we lost to Peterhead in the League Cup last season, apparently he was more interested in talking to the players about what they did wrong, rather than tearing a strip off them for a pathetic performance. Apparently that was the norm and it usually led to the players just switching off. 

I had heard he can be like that to the point they switched off but that he also had a side where he could snap. Thats from people who dealt with him at both Utd and ourselves. Kinda like that person who gets overlooked for everything or ignored then eventually snaps as they can’t deal with it appropriately.

Just now, sadj said:

I had heard he can be like that to the point they switched off but that he also had a side where he could snap. Thats from people who dealt with him at both Utd and ourselves. Kinda like that person who gets overlooked for everything or ignored then eventually snaps as they can’t deal with it appropriately.

I suppose it goes along with that saying about watching the quiet ones. Everyone has a breaking point, I suppose. 

I’d always just gone with the idea that he was the analyst and Austin was the one who would let rip on them when it was called for. 

2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I suppose it goes along with that saying about watching the quiet ones. Everyone has a breaking point, I suppose. 

I’d always just gone with the idea that he was the analyst and Austin was the one who would let rip on them when it was called for. 

Maybe not conveying it well but certainly seems a temper in there that comes out wrong. Could be after the BJ incident he was reprimanded or the structure adjusted so he adopted even more of a benign approach to them ??‍♂️ Never know for sure I guess

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Maybe not conveying it well but certainly seems a temper in there that comes out wrong. Could be after the BJ incident he was reprimanded or the structure adjusted so he adopted even more of a benign approach to them ??‍♂️ Never know for sure I guess

Losing Bjorn was a shame, I can’t help but wonder what might have been under an actual manager. 

7 minutes ago, sadj said:

:levein_interesting:

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

You have a short memory , Souttar was ripped for performances when he first joined. 

Used our budget better? You think we came out of admin with a first class scouting system? You think that we have signed a considerable number of players in that time compared to say Hibs? Probably well worth getting figures to back up your childish anti Craig Levein or I pay into FoH so i should be included in decisions crap.

Iv been watching Hearts for 30+ years aswell , grew up hearing stories of my uncle n his mates from family , him and my dad whos been going since 1955. I expect the best of my club but I am not so blinded I think we are anything but in a decent place and better run than we have ever been. We don’t operate in a Bruno , Salvatori or Pinilla world now. We fight with Aberdeen and Hibs for the dregs available that Rangers and Celtic don’t go for. We have to take chances. Berra is the type of player that we are lucky to get , Naismith if we can get him will be the same. Again exceptions not the rule. 

Yes but he wasn’t as big a gamble as Wighton was my point. As for having a say, I’ve been going sinc 1972, been all over the country and abroad watching us in different leagues and cups, seen us win 6 trophies, 500 club member, shareholder, FoH contributor, season ticket holder, spend far too much in the shop yearly, so yeah I think if we want answers on certain things it’s fair enough to ask in today’s world.

As for the scouting system it was John Murray until recently, it has got better but we still haven’t fully solved certain problem positions. I think it’s fair enough to say that Aberdeen and Hibs have not wasted the money we have, Hibs certainly haven’t as they have a hiring policy that goes under the radar and use the loan system (Celtic) better than we do.

We are better run than we’ve ever been, look at the utter conmen we’ve had before that nearly put us under a few times. We’ve still made failings in the building of the stand and recruitment that’s cost us money, just because others do this too doesn’t make it ok. Pinilla was available recently and is fit as a fiddle, he might’ve come back for a few months when we needed a striker? We currently employ a guy that earns £50k a week, we can do deals with that level of player although as you say it’s rare. As we grow so will our budget, more quality less quantity might help us pay higher wages within budget of course.

12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes but he wasn’t as big a gamble as Wighton was my point. As for having a say, I’ve been going sinc 1972, been all over the country and abroad watching us in different leagues and cups, seen us win 6 trophies, 500 club member, shareholder, FoH contributor, season ticket holder, spend far too much in the shop yearly, so yeah I think if we want answers on certain things it’s fair enough to ask in today’s world.

A lot of us do this are that or have contributed greatly. Probably many more than you have but there is a structure in place and you can’t say we are better run than ever and then rip the club for what its been doing. 

As for the scouting system it was John Murray until recently, it has got better but we still haven’t fully solved certain problem positions. I think it’s fair enough to say that Aberdeen and Hibs have not wasted the money we have, Hibs certainly haven’t as they have a hiring policy that goes under the radar and use the loan system (Celtic) better than we do.

I really think you should go and find details on those things. Hibs and Aberdeen have signed a lot of players and wasted a lot of money as you put it aswell. We as Hearts fans notice it more however about our own club. @Sir Gio may be able to give you an idea of how much the Aberdeen fans are pissed off for similar reasons and players they’ve brought in that have been a waste of money. CL said at the AGM last year our structure had changed and we are able now to benefit from that. We could not go straight into a top scouting system off the back of admin. 

We are better run than we’ve ever been, look at the utter conmen we’ve had before that nearly put us under a few times. We’ve still made failings in the building of the stand and recruitment that’s cost us money, just because others do this too doesn’t make it ok. Pinilla was available recently and is fit as a fiddle, he might’ve come back for a few months when we needed a striker? We currently employ a guy that earns £50k a week, we can do deals with that level of player although as you say it’s rare. As we grow so will our budget, more quality less quantity might help us pay higher wages within budget of course.

You actually think we could of afforded a free agent like Pinilla? You have to balance a squad , you can’t just sign 22 players who are Berra and Naismith level expect to afford them or keep them all happy. 

26 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Losing Bjorn was a shame, I can’t help but wonder what might have been under an actual manager. 

Indeed , not a question we can ever answer. He wasn’t great under RN but was starting to show there was a player there however he was woeful under Cathro.

27 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

He’s gone from strength to strength since he left. Could have made a decent amount of money from him. Remember a few clueless nuggets on here confidently stating how poor a signing he was at the time!

25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hibs made two decent signings, one particularly, in John McGinn and Dylan Mcgeouch. That carried them very very far. They’re both gone now and they are struggling due to the dross they have signed. The points swing between the two Edinburgh clubs come the end of this season is going to be about 40 points compared to last season. This is due to our very good summer signings.

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Hibs made two decent signings, one particularly, in John McGinn and Dylan Mcgeouch. That carried them very very far. They’re both gone now and they are struggling due to the dross they have signed. The points swing between the two Edinburgh clubs come the end of this season is going to be about 40 points compared to last season. This is due to our very good summer signings.

I think Ambrose and Allan did well for them too, they used the money from Celtic to buy McGinn which is why they expected a favour from them in the summer. But yeah their back where they belong ??.

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He’s gone from strength to strength since he left. Could have made a decent amount of money from him. Remember a few clueless nuggets on here confidently stating how poor a signing he was at the time!

He’s progressed well at other clubs, for whatever reason. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

So basically a player that contributes isn't a success until you say so, one player is a bigger gamble than another because....you say so, and it's fair to say Aberdeen and Hibs haven't wasted as much money because....wait for it....you say so.  The same Hibs that spent 2 extra seasons in the Championship because of their superior "under the radar" scouting network.  Aye indeed.

Perhaps the most preposterous thing is half of our failures have went on to Hibs.  Rherras, Swanson, Keatings and I suppose the Lithuanian duds must have made an appearance during the Romanov era. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

So because we’ve had some awful players we should accept average players? I want the best for my team, I’m not willing to accept bog standard players as that attitude has held us back in my opinion. I’ve seen us suffer so many poor players since the 70s, maybe that and my dad having seen our best ever team taints my judgement and makes me want more. 

I think you need to look at a broader view of how Hearts have  performed rather than rate players against let's face it a freakishly good team 

Pasquale for King
42 minutes ago, sadj said:

A lot of us do this are that or have contributed greatly. Probably many more than you have but there is a structure in place and you can’t say we are better run than ever and then rip the club for what its been doing. 

I really think you should go and find details on those things. Hibs and Aberdeen have signed a lot of players and wasted a lot of money as you put it aswell. We as Hearts fans notice it more however about our own club. @Sir Gio may be able to give you an idea of how much the Aberdeen fans are pissed off for similar reasons and players they’ve brought in that have been a waste of money. CL said at the AGM last year our structure had changed and we are able now to benefit from that. We could not go straight into a top scouting system off the back of admin. 

You actually think we could of afforded a free agent like Pinilla? You have to balance a squad , you can’t just sign 22 players who are Berra and Naismith level expect to afford them or keep them all happy. 

The club was run by various crooks for decades before Ann took over, she has been successful but has admitted making mistakes and apparently ribs Craig about his shortcomings.

I don’t know or care about Aberdeen but I’ve studied Hibs and they’ve signed around 10 players a season since the turn of the century. Just because other teams make mistakes doesn’t mean we shouldn’t seek to minimise ours.

The scouting system has improved since Administration, I said that earlier, but could still improve further.

As for Pinilla he signed for Coquimbo Unido in Chile who have  an average crowd of 3k so yeah maybe we could’ve signed him for a short time. He’s fit aa a fiddle and still only 34. 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, WageThief said:

So basically a player that contributes isn't a success until you say so, one player is a bigger gamble than another because....you say so, and it's fair to say Aberdeen and Hibs haven't wasted as much money because....wait for it....you say so.  The same Hibs that spent 2 extra seasons in the Championship because of their superior "under the radar" scouting network.  Aye indeed.

Perhaps the most preposterous thing is half of our failures have went on to Hibs.  Rherras, Swanson, Keatings and I suppose the Lithuanian duds must have made an appearance during the Romanov era. 

Its about opinions isn’t it and depends on how much they contributed, would you say Gordon Smith was a success? 

There is plenty proof of our failings, you named a few that I hadn’t ??. Those two clubs haven’t wasted the money we have I’m afraid, no Sammon/Oshiniwa/Martin or the rest and they haven’t signed over 100 players in 5 years.

My comment about under the radar was about the demographic that the majority of their signings have come from, and as you dont know what I mean it appears youve missed it eh?

Selkirkhmfc1874

Its about opinions isn’t it and depends on how much they contributed, would you say Gordon Smith was a success? 

There is plenty proof of our failings, you named a few that I hadn’t ??. Those two clubs haven’t wasted the money we have I’m afraid, no Sammon/Oshiniwa/Martin or the rest and they haven’t signed over 100 players in 5 years.

My comment about under the radar was about the demographic that the majority of their signings have come from, and as you dont know what I mean it appears youve missed it eh?

We've signed alot of players there's no doubt about that but unlike other clubs we had to start again right from scratch 

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Souttar

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Wighton

Look like comparable early careers at their respective Dundee Clubs to me. 

DU fans reached the point where , if Souttars was playing , they would ship goals .

Good comparison with Wighton 

Take 1 out of 2 .

2 out of 2 would be superb

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I think you need to look at a broader view of how Hearts have  performed rather than rate players against let's face it a freakishly good team 

Probably, I still hope to see teams like 98/06 again and we’re not far away just now.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

We've signed alot of players there's no doubt about that but unlike other clubs we had to start again right from scratch 

Really? Did we not have ANY players or did we have a13-20 youngsters that all were good enough to nearly keep us up in a division above where we were playing? Did Mackay, Wilson, King,Paterson,Walker, Nicholson,Mchattie, Hamilton ,Carrick, Oliver, Mcghee,Robinson and Holt not play their part in a successful season?

Edited by Pasquale for King

38 minutes ago, Barack said:

Lots of nibbles on here, today...

Exactly !

That PFK poster would argue about tomorrow bring Wednesday.

Waste of data space debating with him ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Probably, I still hope to see teams like 98/06 again and we’re not far away just now.

Absolutely. 98 team developed over 3 years though. Fingers crossed for another great team 

50 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The club was run by various crooks for decades before Ann took over, she has been successful but has admitted making mistakes and apparently ribs Craig about his shortcomings.

I don’t know or care about Aberdeen but I’ve studied Hibs and they’ve signed around 10 players a season since the turn of the century. Just because other teams make mistakes doesn’t mean we shouldn’t seek to minimise ours.

The scouting system has improved since Administration, I said that earlier, but could still improve further.

As for Pinilla he signed for Coquimbo Unido in Chile who have  an average crowd of 3k so yeah maybe we could’ve signed him for a short time. He’s fit aa a fiddle and still only 34. 

There isn't a team or manager in the land who hasn't made a number of poor signings. Players can be researched and scouted as much as you like but it's impossible to know how they will do in a different system/league/country unless you spend big on known quality and even then there are no guarantees.

IMO we're a good winger away from having a team that can compete at the top end of the table unless the OF are improved significantly by their new signings.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I can't fathom how some so-called supporters continually come on here spouting the same pointless drivel and raking up the past with their negativity.  They just don't seem to be able to let it go.  It's over and done!

The thread I believe is about the transfer window (this one).  How many times and in how many different ways do we have to read the same old crap?

Just now, Roman1874 said:

If you don’t have any transfer news to do with hearts then get off this thread ffs 

Showing interest in African born Russian winger who toils with crossing, named as Akani Getitova.

9 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Showing interest in African born Russian winger who toils with crossing, named as Akani Getitova.

Is that not Morrison?  :whistling:

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Really? Did we not have ANY players or did we have a13-20 youngsters that all were good enough to nearly keep us up in a division above where we were playing? Did Mackay, Wilson, King,Paterson,Walker, Nicholson,Mchattie, Hamilton ,Carrick, Oliver, Mcghee,Robinson and Holt not play their part in a successful season?

And you'll find Paterson the only one in that list who's went onto bigger and better things 

38 minutes ago, Roman1874 said:

If you don’t have any transfer news to do with hearts then get off this thread ffs 

You got news?

Italian Lambretta
13 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

Only a matter of days until the window closes, Thank ****!

Yeah and all those rapers who claim to be ITK can stop squirting all over their keyboards. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, andrew said:

There isn't a team or manager in the land who hasn't made a number of poor signings. Players can be researched and scouted as much as you like but it's impossible to know how they will do in a different system/league/country unless you spend big on known quality and even then there are no guarantees.

IMO we're a good winger away from having a team that can compete at the top end of the table unless the OF are improved significantly by their new signings.

Yes but the idea is to keep them to a minimum and learn the lessons.

We do need a winger, strange we didn’t go for one after the Minkocic deal fell through.

Macdonald and Mulraney haven’t really done much unfortunately, thankfully Morrison has arrived on the scene and done well in most games.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Roman1874 said:

There isn’t any, Levein has said as much.