Hearts Transfer window ( merged )

cb1874

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

And you'll find Paterson the only one in that list who's went onto bigger and better things 

So you were wrong then we didn’t start from scratch? Did Wilson and Holt not go to a bigger club than Cardiff will ever be? 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• sadj

35 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

There isn’t any, Levein has said as much.

So make a new thread then and title it ‘talking pish’ 

scott herbertson
40 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So you were wrong then we didn’t start from scratch? Did Wilson and Holt not go to a bigger club than Cardiff will ever be? 

Wilson and Holt went to a club who have won zilch in their  history. Cardiff have won the FA Cup

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

Wilson and Holt went to a club who have won zilch in their  history. Cardiff have won the FA Cup

You said bigger and better things, I had no idea Cardiff won the FA cup in 1927. Good quiz question that ??, every days a school day. 

scott herbertson
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

You said bigger and better things, I had no idea Cardiff won the FA cup in 1927. Good quiz question that ??, every days a school day. 

It was someone else who said 'bigger and better things' not me. But I couldn't resist a pop at Sevco nevertheless!

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Roman1874 said:

So make a new thread then and title it ‘talking pish’ 

What’s pish about it, it’s been said constantly that we were getting Vanacek and after the Livi game CL decided to get another CH. We’re not looking at anyone else this window, the well is dry.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

It was someone else who said 'bigger and better things' not me. But I couldn't resist a pop at Sevco nevertheless!

Sorry it’s been a busy day. You took the chance well, here’s hoping we do the same tomorrow ??.

Edited by Pasquale for King

I think there is a fair chance that we are done in this window unless something comes up that could really enhance the squad. 

The squad looks very decent when everyone is fit but just feel we are lacking a little bit creativity in midfield despite being well stocked of players in that particular area. 

Edited by jambogemz

Selkirkhmfc1874
9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did they ? What have they won ? 

This update from CL indicates we probably are done for this window. 

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/craig-levein-cost-of-new-stand-may-mean-no-more-hearts-signings-1-4860763

It is understandable and I agree that with the increasing costs of the new stand we have to be careful with our spending. It does though beg the question why are we spending over a 100k on Ladies football at this time? 

Surely this spending can wait until we have paid for the main stand.

i wish jj was my dad
21 minutes ago, McCrae said:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/craig-levein-cost-of-new-stand-may-mean-no-more-hearts-signings-1-4860763

It is understandable and I agree that with the increasing costs of the new stand we have to be careful with our spending. It does though beg the question why are we spending over a 100k on Ladies football at this time? 

I thought the same thing. Might be seen as an investment to attract sponsorship though? 

25 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Levein already made it clear in a BBC article that we were done signing wise for the winter window. That ‘article’ doesn’t relate the stand to signing new players, it relates it to giving Djoum the weekely wage that he’s after as his last big contract. Trick is not to read the headline but read the actual quotes in the ‘article’!

I have not given up hope of him [Djoum] staying but we have quite a big squad and financially we still have to finish the stand,” said Levein. “Yes, the football is the most important thing but we don’t want to get ourselves into trouble again by overspending.”

That is the only quote and it relates to Djoum. We are probably in a position now that if we keep the squad we have and lose a few of the fringe players we will only sign 2-3 in the summer as well.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

15 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I thought the same thing. Might be seen as an investment to attract sponsorship though? 

I think it’s more down to us trying to be PC.  I am supportive of ladies football.... but think the timing of this level of investment is wrong. We don’t need to do it now.

Pasquale for King
45 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Did they ? What have they won ? 

Did we start from scratch? Were you wrong?

You said only Paterson went onto bigger and better things, what’s he won if that’s the criteria. Just give it up and we can move on.

12 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I think it’s more down to us trying to be PC.  I am supportive of ladies football.... but think the timing of this level of investment is wrong. We don’t need to do it now.

Timing was nothing to do with being PC its the start of the ladies team season 

Bridge of Djoum
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You said only Paterson went onto bigger and better things, what’s he won if that’s the criteria. Just give it up and we can move on.

Sakes man! How many threads is that you're arguing on now? Give it a rest, eh? Your negativity is ****** boring.

7 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

Timing was nothing to do with being PC its the start of the ladies team season 

Fair point.... I mean more the reason why we are investing. At this time we can’t make an economic argument that supports spending almost half of the profit generated last year on ladies football. It’s a nice thing to do, but not essential.

7 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Concentrate on new contracts and pre contracts

Our best buisiness could yet be done if we could get Naismith to agree to a pre contract 

Selkirkhmfc1874
22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Patersons moved to one of biggest leagues in world , the rest haven't moved upwards from hearts 

The Treasurer
15 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes millions. Oshiniwa was on 3/4K a week, three year deal and signing on fee agents fee  = £500k +. Sammon likewise minus loan fees.Martin similar. How much did loaning players from down south who haven’t done much cost, Watt/Smith-Brown/Mitchell/Randall. How much did we waste on Stockton/Gryzelak/Kitchen/Tzolis/Struna/Amankwaa/Edwards etc. We have signed over 100 players since administration and the majority have been a waste of money that take us well into millions I’m afraid.

If we take less gambles, 19 players this season, we could afford to have more like Berra. There are plenty good players going around these days that we can afford of we use our budget slightly more wisely.

You don't seem to understand that we were able to afford Berra due to him wanting to come home and prepared to take a huge drop in wages to do that.

If, as you say, we'd not signed 19 players but maybe 1 or 2 "Berras" (which is all we could afford on the type of wages those sort of players would normally want) what would our team look like ?

Yes we have wasted ,money, but I would dispute your statement that the majority have been a waste of money.

1 hour ago, McCrae said:

The ladies football will have been budgeted and accounted for, what CL said is that while he wants to keep Djoum for footballing reasons he isn’t going to overspend by meeting Djoums current wage demands.

We may well have spare budget of say 3k per week for wages but if Djoum is looking for an extra 5k then we’re not going to break that budget for one player, especially when you consider the size of squad we have. 

The Treasurer
30 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ok. Starting "from scratch" is not completely true, but did you really want to go into the PL with the team that came out of the championship ?

As has been pointed out, very few of that squad are still playing at Premiership standard, with only Paterson regularly playing at a higher level.

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Sakes man! How many threads is that you're arguing on now? Give it a rest, eh? Your negativity is ****** boring.

You following me all over is boring with your average comments .

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Patersons moved to one of biggest leagues in world , the rest haven't moved upwards from hearts 

Moving to Rangers isn’t upwards from Hearts? Paterson moved to a lower end team in the Championship, who have done extremely well.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Moving to Rangers isn’t upwards from Hearts? Paterson moved to a lower end team in the Championship, who have done extremely well.

Np it wasn't actually because rangers weren't even in the top league 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

You don't seem to understand that we were able to afford Berra due to him wanting to come home and prepared to take a huge drop in wages to do that.

If, as you say, we'd not signed 19 players but maybe 1 or 2 "Berras" (which is all we could afford on the type of wages those sort of players would normally want) what would our team look like ?

Yes we have wasted ,money, but I would dispute your statement that the majority have been a waste of money.

I understand that Berra was coming back no matter what for family reasons, if we hadn’t wasted so much money we wouldn’t need to have signed 19 players would we. How any called the Treasurer can justify over 100 signings and 19 in one window beggars belief.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Ok. Starting "from scratch" is not completely true, but did you really want to go into the PL with the team that came out of the championship ?

As has been pointed out, very few of that squad are still playing at Premiership standard, with only Paterson regularly playing at a higher level.

He wasn’t talking about coming out of the Championship he was taking about starting there. How many of the 12 players we signed have been successful them? Djoum and Sow?

The Treasurer
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I understand that Berra was coming back no matter what for family reasons, if we hadn’t wasted so much money we wouldn’t need to have signed 19 players would we. How any called the Treasurer can justify over 100 signings and 19 in one window beggars belief.

As I 'm not employed by HMFC I don't know why I'd have to justify any signings.

Of  the 19 signings :

2 (Naismith & Mitchell) were re-signed on loan.

2 were goalkeepers as we didn't have an experience one on the books.

2 were defenders which we needed as we had unexpected, long term injuries to not one but two of our first choice CH

Some were young players who were signed with an eye on the future.

The Treasurer
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He wasn’t talking about coming out of the Championship he was taking about starting there. How many of the 12 players we signed have been successful them? Djoum and Sow?

We put together a team to get us out of the Championship as quickly as possible.

I'd say that was pretty successful, wouldn't you ?

3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

We put together a team to get us out of the Championship as quickly as possible.

You mean, from emerging from Administration to constructing a squad that would ultimately win us the Championship by over 20 points? 

Seems pretty successful to me ?

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Jim Weir said:

You mean, from emerging from Administration to constructing a squad that would ultimately win us the Championship by over 20 points? 

This 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Np it wasn't actually because rangers weren't even in the top league 

So moving to Hamilton in the top league would be better than playing for us in the Championship? I’m sure they’re bank manager wasn’t that concerned.

2 minutes ago, Jim Weir said:

Finishing third immediately after promotion ain't a bad feat either, I think the Robbie years seem to have been lumped in with Cathros tenure by a few folk for some reason. 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Yes it was, and 13-20 youngsters played a part. 

I meant when we came back up into the premiership, you don’t even when Djoum was signed ffs.

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So moving to Hamilton in the top league would be better than playing for us in the Championship? I’m sure they’re bank manager wasn’t that concerned.

Give up there's far more positive news since came out administration than negative 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

As I 'm not employed by HMFC I don't know why I'd have to justify any signings.

Of  the 19 signings :

2 (Naismith & Mitchell) were re-signed on loan.

2 were goalkeepers as we didn't have an experience one on the books.

2 were defenders which we needed as we had unexpected, long term injuries to not one but two of our first choice CH

Some were young players who were signed with an eye on the future.

You are defending signing so many players, so yeah you have justify that. Are you failing to understand how discussions go?

Thankfully you’re not employed by the club, so 6 players were needed. So we needed two LB because we’ve wasted money on Oshiniwa/Rherras/Sowah/Smith-Brown/Gryzelak? Mitchell has been another waste of money by the way. Two goalkeepers because one great one left and the other didn’t develop. Two CH because Berra was injured. Haring is better in midfield, Hughes is finished (has been for two years) and Souttar succumbed to an injury that he himself said “it was decided to play until it went” (not unexpected). All required because the signings I mentioned weren’t good enough, in fact one was so bad he was immediately loaned out ???‍♂️?!?! How many in the next window?

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Give up there's far more positive news since came out administration than negative 

I didn’t say there wasn’t did I? Is this thread not about the transfer dealings, stay on topic eh ?.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

So this isnae really a transfer thread.....

Are we not talking about transfers? Levein has said there’s no more business to be done.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You are defending signing so many players, so yeah you have justify that. Are you failing to understand how discussions go?

Thankfully you’re not employed by the club, so 6 players were needed. So we needed two LB because we’ve wasted money on Oshiniwa/Rherras/Sowah/Smith-Brown/Gryzelak? Mitchell has been another waste of money by the way. Two goalkeepers because one great one left and the other didn’t develop. Two CH because Berra was injured. Haring is better in midfield, Hughes is finished (has been for two years) and Souttar succumbed to an injury that he himself said “it was decided to play until it went” (not unexpected). All required because the signings I mentioned weren’t good enough, in fact one was so bad he was immediately loaned out ???‍♂️?!?! How many in the next window?

Who cares?  We're in a great place and the future is brighter than it has ever been.  You can analyze all the signings and pick out bad ones all you like but they all contributed in some way to us being on a terrific platform to start challenging at the top year in year.

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I didn’t say there wasn’t did I? Is this thread not about the transfer dealings, stay on topic eh ?.

It's actually about this January transfer window but you want to turn it into negativity 

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes it was, and 13-20 youngsters played a part. 

I meant when we came back up into the premiership, you don’t even when Djoum was signed ffs.

Alexander, Wilson, Ozturk, Eckersley, Gomis, Buaben, Pallardo, Sow, Keatings and Zeefuik all played a huge part in a near perfect season, did what they were signed for

Some of those players contributed to us finishing third as soon as we came back up along with Kitchen, Cowie, Juanma, Souttar, Rossi, Augustyn and Djoum

It's all about progression and the following season we were sitting high in the league when Cathro came along and managed to get nothing out of a team already sitting high in the league, he went on to sign players with good pedigree and got nothing out of them either. He couldn't even get a team with guys like Lafferty and Berra through the groups in the league Cup ffs. Levein had to take over when the squad was already built but he still managed to squeeze in milinkovic and McLaughlin who made a difference. January last season was also a rather successful window imo as we brought in what we needed. We had to deal with a low budget due to the stand which lead to a small squad which lead to us being crippled by injuries. This summer we've finally built a proper squad and despite again being hit by an unusual amount of injuries we're still sitting six points off the top of the table and looking strong going into the second half. We need to get into Europe this season and finish strongly no doubt about it. And from there we can look at building on our improvement by identifying what needs improvement and addressing it. The summer influx was very necessary in setting up a foundation so it just sort of feels like you're moaning for the sake of moaning 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Alexander, Wilson, Ozturk, Eckersley, Gomis, Buaben, Pallardo, Sow, Keatings and Zeefuik all played a huge part in a near perfect season, did what they were signed for

Some of those players contributed to us finishing third as soon as we came back up along with Kitchen, Cowie, Juanma, Souttar, Rossi, Augustyn and Djoum

It's all about progression and the following season we were sitting high in the league when Cathro came along and managed to get nothing out of a team already sitting high in the league, he went on to sign players with good pedigree and got nothing out of them either. He couldn't even get a team with guys like Lafferty and Berra through the groups in the league Cup ffs. Levein had to take over when the squad was already built but he still managed to squeeze in milinkovic and McLaughlin who made a difference. January last season was also a rather successful window imo as we brought in what we needed. We had to deal with a low budget due to the stand which lead to a small squad which lead to us being crippled by injuries. This summer we've finally built a proper squad and despite again being hit by an unusual amount of injuries we're still sitting six points off the top of the table and looking strong going into the second half. We need to get into Europe this season and finish strongly no doubt about it. And from there we can look at building on our improvement by identifying what needs improvement and addressing it. The summer influx was very necessary in setting up a foundation so it just sort of feels like you're moaning for the sake of moaning 

Of course they did, Wilson was there already. Not really moaning for the sake of it I just think we could’ve been even better off without so many gambles and poor signings. Even last January we got Naismith and Mitchell but also Amankwaa. Onwards and upwards though.

40 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Finishing third immediately after promotion ain't a bad feat either, I think the Robbie years seem to have been lumped in with Cathros tenure by a few folk for some reason. 

Only by the sort of twats who hire planes ??

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

It's actually about this January transfer window but you want to turn it into negativity 

Is there anything to say about this transfer window? Like our discussion it’s over eh ???.

Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

It was good,we did have the 3rd highest budget in the league though so it wasn’t unexpected.