Hearts Transfer window ( merged )

cb1874

2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Agree 100%, but transfers like Hayes, cifti, Allan etc are calculated risks, if anything they weaken the opposition even if they are not 1st teamers. 

In cemtucs case taking these players then loaning them back to the likes of hibs/ Aberdeen indirectly helps them. 

Celtic are very effective at buying players who will give them a boost and do a job for a year, and also weaken the opposition.

Examples such as Mackay-Steven, Hayes, Christie, even Hartley

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• sadj

Tennant's  6's
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Celtic are very effective at buying players who will give them a boost and do a job for a year, and also weaken the opposition.

Both of them do that. You need to be a club that stands strong against that, and players that can see the bigger picture. 

Although in fairness, Christie (eventually) & Hartley, McCann weren't just squad fillers, as so many others have been.

10 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

IMO, our biggest failure wasn't a failure, it was not keeping the big lad that moved to Holland.

I presume you are referring to the big tall lad Bjorn Johnson and not the big wide lad Zeefuik?!

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yip. 

Many are also just fillers tho, Allan,  being the best examples but even gms and Hayes along with Cifti were never more than peripheral players yet cost allot of money. 

Morgan even falls into that category who they bought from St Mirren. 

Fair doos, they can gamble a bit on a £500k - £1m signing that gets £4-8k a week  the same way, we can on a free transfer getting £1.5k a week. 

Nothing to lose- 

Get a squad player. 

Stop the competition getting them. 

Lend him out to hurt your competitors. 

If it does not work, punt him after 2/3 years

If it works, you get a decent player and even maybe sell like Armstrong. 

Then to complete the cycle, complain about the standard of the competition and blame them for getting pumped 7-0 in Europe. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, WageThief said:

I presume you are referring to the big tall lad Bjorn Johnson and not the big wide lad Zeefuik?!

Aye Johnson, who was sold for a few million £. 

Who looked decent under Robbie but utter dog shite under Cathro. 

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think that is what CL is effectively saying.

Yip, pretty standard for a January window unless we sold a big player. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Agree 100%, but transfers like Hayes, cifti, Allan etc are calculated risks, if anything they weaken the opposition even if they are not 1st teamers. 

In cemtucs case taking these players then loaning them back to the likes of hibs/ Aberdeen indirectly helps them. 

Nail on the head there. Win win for them at a low cost. On the odd occasion one of these guys makes it. Agathe back a few years was bargain basement but a great fit. Griffiths was a good fit, and Christie now.

They also fill up the bench and allow the star players to rest in home games against lesser sides and cup ties.

The loan system of course as you mention, disallowing these players to play against Celtic must have a slight percentage benefit over a season.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Nail on the head there. Win win for them at a low cost. On the odd occasion one of these guys makes it. Agathe back a few years was bargain basement but a great fit. Griffiths was a good fit, and Christie now.

They also fill up the bench and allow the star players to rest in home games against lesser sides and cup ties.

The loan system of course as you mention, disallowing these players to play against Celtic must have a slight percentage benefit over a season.

Aye, it's a slight benifit, they can even loan players to the second best team with no worries. 

Unlike England, where I remember Lukaku put on loan and scoring v Chelea's nearest rivals, absolute farce imo. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Aye, it's a slight benifit, they can even loan players to the second best team with no worries. 

Unlike England, where I remember Lukaku put on loan and scoring v Chelea's nearest rivals, absolute farce imo. 

Loaning out in the same league I feel is unethical. If we talk about spying on a teams training, this is surely far more of an advantage, deploying a resource to attack others.

As soon as an Argentinian abuses this system, don't worry it will change, in England anyway.

We have used that system this year with Edwards and Burns, but have to say I find it to be a very strange rule to be allowed.

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Most of their home grown signings are done to weaken the opposition rather than enhance their own team with the odd exception.

Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

I think we both know the answer to that, don’t we?

no, as i said before im a hearts fan do you seriously think gms would leave aberdeen to come to us

Just now, maroon said:

no, as i said before im a hearts fan do you seriously think gms would leave aberdeen to come to us

I’d say there’s no chance of you being a Hearts fan, but your laughable opinion means you actually could be. 

You think Aberdeen have better players? Ok, I’ll bite. Fancy naming me a better counterpart to these Hearts players?

Berra

Souttar

Naismith

Haring

Smith

Uche

Lee

Djoum

Cochrane

Not forgetting that Edinburgh is a much nicer city than Aberdeen, with a much higher quality of life. And we have a better stadium/training facilities.

Off you pop now. 

2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I’d say there’s no chance of you being a Hearts fan, but your laughable opinion means you actually could be. 

You think Aberdeen have better players? Ok, I’ll bite. Fancy naming me a better counterpart to these Hearts players?

Berra

Souttar

Naismith

Haring

Smith

Uche

Lee

Djoum

Cochrane

Not forgetting that Edinburgh is a much nicer city than Aberdeen, with a much higher quality of life. And we have a better stadium/training facilities.

Off you pop now. 

im a hearts fan end of. But thanks for the bite philip x

2 minutes ago, maroon said:

im a hearts fan end of. But thanks for the bite philip x

Trolling is against the rules mate. 

I’ll stand by my belief that you’re as much a Hearts supporter as Dougray Scott.  

5 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Trolling is against the rules mate. 

I’ll stand by my belief that you’re as much a Hearts supporter as Dougray Scott.  

who

19 minutes ago, maroon said:

Bigger club 

Higher attendances 

Probably pay around the same

Capital city 

Better players 

Better stadium 

Better training facilities 

Don’t lie down to Celtic 

Stadium isn’t sinking 

Don’t have to rent out leisure centres to train

List goes on and on.

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Look him up. 

He was probably in the same end of Hampden as you in 2012. 

i was in the hearts end, is he a new signing as after all this is a transfer thread remember. Please stick to transfer related business only.

Thankyou

2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Bigger club 

Higher attendances 

Probably pay around the same

Capital city 

Better players 

Better stadium 

Better training facilities 

Don’t lie down to Celtic 

Stadium isn’t sinking 

Don’t have to rent out leisure centres to train

List goes on and on.

why isnt he coming then

Just now, maroon said:

why isnt he coming then

Number of reasons potentially. The main one is that we haven’t even moved for him. Also that he has an offer from New York that we can’t compete with in terms of lifestyle and finance. 

1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Aye Johnson, who was sold for a few million £. 

Who looked decent under Robbie but utter dog shite under Cathro. 

Interesting snippet from his Wikipedia page .

On 16 April 2018, Valentijn Driessen of Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf told the reason Johnson left Hearts was because manager Cathro threw a few punches towards him. As of that moment Johnson filled a case with the players FA and was later released.

I know it's Wiki ?

1 minute ago, maroon said:

good. 

Thank you phil

I’m willing to downgrade you from Hibs *****, to clueless ***** now instead. 

Congratulations. 

7 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Interesting snippet from his Wikipedia page .

On 16 April 2018, Valentijn Driessen of Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf told the reason Johnson left Hearts was because manager Cathro threw a few punches towards him. As of that moment Johnson filled a case with the players FA and was later released.

I know it's Wiki ?

Cathro as a fighter??? ?

5 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I’m willing to downgrade you from Hibs *****, to clueless ***** now instead. 

Congratulations. 

thank you phil.

You finally see i am not hibs.

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Cathro as a fighter??? ?

From what I’ve heard about Cathro in the dressing room, I find it hard to believe that this happened. 

Edited by Phil Dunphy

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Loaning out in the same league I feel is unethical. If we talk about spying on a teams training, this is surely far more of an advantage, deploying a resource to attack others.

As soon as an Argentinian abuses this system, don't worry it will change, in England anyway.

We have used that system this year with Edwards and Burns, but have to say I find it to be a very strange rule to be allowed.

Yip, me too. 

Rules should be changed. 

PRE for btracts are wierd as well. 

Jones is a good example. 

What happens when Killie and rangers are battling it out behind us for 3rd place and European football the following season. 

Jones priority would be rangers as he'd be there.

Killie would Likley not play him in a direct game with Rangers with that at stake before he moves, so rangers have eliminated a rivals player while he is still playing for them. 

All very strange. 

Folk argueing Aberdeen / Hearts, it's a funny one. Hardly any players move either way. 

16 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

From what I’ve heard about Cathro in the dressing room, I find it hard to believe that this happened. 

Tunnel at Perth. Seen it with my own eyes 

1 minute ago, PTBCAL said:

Tunnel at Perth. Seen it with my own eyes 

Bizarre. A former player once told me that Austin was the ‘bad cop’ in these situations and that Cathro was very reserved and calm. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Bizarre. A former player once told me that Austin was the ‘bad cop’ in these situations and that Cathro was very reserved and calm. 

Pressure does strange things to a man. Those who try and contain it are prone to larger outbursts, out of character but nevertheless capable of violence.

Breaking point.  At that point he must have realised his players had decided he was not for them, same night Nicholsons ridiculous behaviour, not sure that was before or after Walker trying his hardest for a red too

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Yip, me too. 

Rules should be changed. 

PRE for btracts are wierd as well. 

Jones is a good example. 

What happens when Killie and rangers are battling it out behind us for 3rd place and European football the following season. 

Jones priority would be rangers as he'd be there.

Killie would Likley not play him in a direct game with Rangers with that at stake before he moves, so rangers have eliminated a rivals player while he is still playing for them. 

All very strange. 

Folk argueing Aberdeen / Hearts, it's a funny one. Hardly any players move either way. 

On exactly the same page.

And the Hearts Aberdeen one. You are basically signing up on the same brochure. Money will not be game changing either way, expectation is currently very similar, both cities offer a standard of living. Edinburgh has more to do.

The margins are not great, but ridiculous to suggest Aberdeen have more to offer or vice versa in the grand scheme.

57 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Cathro as a fighter??? ?

Don't know if thats true but I wouldn’t have to imagine hard to of seen it happening. 

17 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

On exactly the same page.

And the Hearts Aberdeen one. You are basically signing up on the same brochure. Money will not be game changing either way, expectation is currently very similar, both cities offer a standard of living. Edinburgh has more to do.

The margins are not great, but ridiculous to suggest Aberdeen have more to offer or vice versa in the grand scheme.

I lived In Aberdeen for 7 years.Nice place but couldn't hold a candle to Edinburgh. 

1 minute ago, tcjambo said:

I lived In Aberdeen for 7 years.Nice place but couldn't hold a candle to Edinburgh. 

Nice place ?? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Agree. For a footballer with family, take Lewis for example who has settled in Aberdeen, its not a bad option.

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Nice place ?? 

You love it :lol:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, lewis2006 said:

Aberdeen’s a grey miserable hovel and the locals are condescending arseholes. 

Edinburghs the most beautiful city in Europe.

Perfect blue sky today :lol:

Just now, lewis2006 said:

Agree about Aberdonians but not Aberdeen?

11 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Yes Mannofield, Cults, Rubislaw.

Suppose they are ok , I used to live in Rubislaw Square. Still nice place is stretching it ?

11 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Agree. For a footballer with family, take Lewis for example who has settled in Aberdeen, its not a bad option.

You love it :lol:

Thats cause im oot in the coontry noo ken... Its nice out here to be fair and iv got Haughton Park next to me for the dog so...Makes Aberdeen better aswell as I can bypass it on the way to Av’s and only have to go into it as a last resort ?

13 minutes ago, lewis2006 said:

11 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Agree about Aberdonians but not Aberdeen?

Aberdeen if its really sunny or really wet is bonnie , Not close to Edinburgh bonnie but the granite looks good in the sun or heavy rain. Most Aberdonians are wanks though or daddys money fiat 500’r cokeheads... 

anyway, are we getting a winger in   ?

Just a foot note on the whole Aberdeen debate...... not a bad city, just full of really weird, insular folk  !