Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• redjambo

• i8hibsh

• Mikey1874

Haring to CH.

Naismith to play up front with Maclean.

Djoum to play CM with Lee.

And not long till Berra is back, hopefully.

Might just be able to get away with this.

Captain Sausage

Terrible news. That’s 3 of our 5 most influential players succumbed to long term injuries. 

Our much lauded centreback pairing is now missing and the bohemoth that is Uche is gone up top. 

Big it boots to fill for McLean and Dikamona. 

Expect we will line up with a back 3 if Hughes is fit, or 4 at the back of Godinho is back. If neither, maybe a back 4 of Garrucio - Dikamona - Dunne - Demi. 

Itll be be a tough ask but thankfully it’s a home game coming up first and Smith will be back for Dundee on Wednesday. 

3 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

And not long till Berra is back, hopefully.

3 months.

Edited by Ray Gin

Cannot believe our (lack of) luck with injuries over the last year or so. Having said that, this is why signing so many players was important; we have depth now. A huge blow obviously, but we have quality players that can come in as cover.

I am interested to see what our defence is going to look like with Smith suspended though... I see people saying Godinho is back? Is that definitely true? Is Hughes fit as well? 

Shanks said no
Just now, Ray Gin said:

No compensation for Soapy

"The limitations on this rule are that it only applies to injuries suffered in the final stages of an international football tournament and not the qualifying stages."

Yep looks like we are well and truly screwed

**** the SFA

20 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

If yer Auntie had baws...................

The point is just because we only beat marginally beat them, we totally outplayed them without Uche. The score line doesn't give the true story of how the game went

More annoyed about big Uche TBH think we have sufficient cover for JS but the big man is a big miss....oh well we just need to suck it up and get on with it Mon the Hearts !!.

Can we re-call Currie or Keena as cover? Fairly short on the bench for strikers and Maclean has a tough run of games, added that Naismith isn't a no.9.

Hughes on the bench for NI so should be fit to step in for cover for Smiths suspension. I'd rather see that than move Haring who has been effective with Lee in the centre of the park.

Short term we could move Haring and bring in Bozanic for the 1 game but going forward once Smith is back Haring should stick to midfield.

What a blow with the run of games coming up but we have depth in the squad, youth players who are effective and Levein. This is a big test for the management but I trust them. Get us into January with Vanecek and Berra returning.

RalphieCifaretto

Shouldn't move Haring to CH as has been too good in Midfield, would also miss his defensive qualities in that area of the pitch. Dikamona and Dunne to hopefully form a solid partnership with Hughes as cover. Smith could also play there if called upon.

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

That's the season over then. :sob:

No it’s not.

Haring and Dunne at CH. Looks pretty decent to me.

Djoum moves back to CM, and hopefully reproduces his old form again. That would be a huge plus.

And we start playing Mitchell and Morrison wide midfield which would potentially be a huge improvement over playing Djoum and Naismith there. 

Glass still half full for me, just.

2 minutes ago, micole said:

More annoyed about big Uche TBH think we have sufficient cover for JS but the big man is a big miss....oh well we just need to suck it up and get on with it Mon the Hearts !!.

Will most definitely be a miss,but let’s be honest the next few games coming up even before a ball is kicked  Uches name would have been pencilled in refs notebook.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, amadjambo said:

No it’s not.

Djoum moves back to CM, and hopefully reproduces his old form again. That would be a huge plus.

And we start playing Mitchell and Morrison wide midfield which would potentially be a huge improvement over playing Djoum and Naismith there. 

I wish I had your optimism.

1 minute ago, amadjambo said:

No it’s not.

Agree?

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

No it’s not.

Dunne and the dikomana (sp) with hughs and Smith as cover. 

Think our 352 is Donald ducked, but he ho. 

Can push Naismith up front, and let Djoum come in th e middle. 

Wighton and Clare to come in properly as well. 

13 minutes ago, Arnaud Djoum said:

What’s the rules on emergency loans in our league? Are they even allowed?

Only allowed to sign free agents

Emergency loans is for lower leagues only 

NaturalOrder74

We’re gpikg to struggle to get to January with just Maclean and Naismith upfront, I’ve been fairly positive so far but that’s just absolute gash. 4 key players out for half a year on our best season in a long time, raging 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Every year! Literally! Why do we suffer so many long term injuries? 

To many players these days are as soft as *****.

goldiebackwash1985

Not taking away from the fact that these are important and harrowing injuries

But people were not that long ago praising the strength and depth we now have in the squad

3 major injuries and now our season is over?

We still have the strength and depth and believe players who will now see this as the opportunity to stand up and be counted and make history

Just woke up to this. Bugger. I think the team can still do us proud though! Hope Souttar and Uche both recover well and quickly.

Its a pity Uche injury was so obscure then he probably wouldn't have played at Ibrox which probably didn't ******** help.

The Lafferty saga

CL health scare

Berra horror injury

Now Uche and Souttar out long term at same time.

Possible hernia op for Haring

How the hell can one club be so unlucky and not just talking about this season either.

Somebody up there does not like us :cornette_dog:

Lucille's Thirsty

****SAKE! 

Berra, Souttar and Ikpeazu out is a game changer. Imagine if we had those three all season. 

Disaster. 

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

God damn, these are massive blows. Hate to say it but the can't hold up against injuries like this.

Correct.

8 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

We’re gpikg to struggle to get to January with just Maclean and Naismith upfront, I’ve been fairly positive so far but that’s just absolute gash. 4 key players out for half a year on our best season in a long time, raging 

The teams round about us only really have two forwards in their squad as well, so we're all in the same boat in that respect.

However there's no getting away from the fact that these injuries are a total nightmare with this crucial run of games coming up.

3 minutes ago, goldiebackwash1985 said:

We still have the strength and depth and believe players who will now see this as the opportunity to stand up and be counted and make history

i,m dancing this dance.doom and gloom merchants hang your heads in shame.not so long ago we were on our last legs.

William H. Bonney
6 minutes ago, goldiebackwash1985 said:

Not taking away from the fact that these are important and harrowing injuries

But people were not that long ago praising the strength and depth we now have in the squad

3 major injuries and now our season is over?

That's all well and good when's it's players like djoum, Cochrane and godhino out injured but to lose berra, souttar and uche is soul destroying. 

That's the core of our team right there. 

So Make Some Noise..

Feared / expected this re Soapy. As soon as McLeish mentioned it was his hip and thinking back to the summer, I knew if it wasn't a simple knock then we'd get it seen to once and for all. Whilst not ideal, a back four of Smith, Dikamona, Dunne & Garuccio doesn't sound terrible. highlighted Dunne as I think he's our saving grace at the back now. The lack of Uche has been significant of late and another 2 months without the Czech lad is what i'm more concerned about. Hopefully there's a big striker out of contract that could do a job short term.

The Future's Maroon

That is a horrendous hand we have been handed, but like some others I won’t see it as the end of the world.

I would like to think we have been in contact about extending Dunne’s loan. 

This is is why we built a squad though, hopefully it can pass the test.

4 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

The teams round about us only really have two forwards in their squad as well, so we're all in the same boat in that respect.

However there's no getting away from the fact that these injuries are a total nightmare with this crucial run of games coming up.

Can a 36 year old play 5 really tough games in 2 weeks though

avhudtheteeshirt
1 minute ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

Feared / expected this re Soapy. As soon as McLeish mentioned it was his hip and thinking back to the summer, I knew if it wasn't a simple knock then we'd get it seen to once and for all. Whilst not ideal, a back four of Smith, Dikamona, Dunne & Garuccio doesn't sound terrible. highlighted Dunne as I think he's our saving grace at the back now. The lack of Uche has been significant of late and another 2 months without the Czech lad is what i'm more concerned about. Hopefully there's a big striker out of contract that could do a job short term.

Sounds a bit like Alan McClaren type of injury, not good news, Uche looks like he got more of an injury with the Motherwell goalkeeper than Carson did?

All the bleating in the press and he played the next game and ever since!!!!

Tynecastlesmychurch

Well this is shit. Weve lost the heart of our defence. And a huge focal point of our attack.

We still have a strong squad and can field a strong team. We still have decent options on the bench too. But this is a huge loss to the squad at a time when we really could have done without it. The team are going to have to be at their very best right up until the winter break. And we need to keep right behind them too! 

8 minutes ago, lynne.tee said:

i,m dancing this dance.doom and gloom merchants hang your heads in shame.not so long ago we were on our last legs.

LAUNCH !!!

Not good news. 

However, Naismith can hopefully get the best out of whoever they partner him with (likely to rotate I’d guess). 

We we can either move Haring back (we know he’s quality, keeps distribution from the back good, makes room in midfield for SC), or we can trust in the signing we made a few weeks back and not break up the midfield unit. 

Id rather we had all three in the side, but our recruitment was clearly based on the need to cover for injuries. 

JS came back from the Achilles issue faster than expected IIRC, and it will be a brave physio who tells Uche he’s not ready to play. 

Still awful timing. 

Absolutely gutted, but I think Dikamona looks a decent replacement for Souttar.

Naismith and MacLean play well together up front, but we'll really miss what Uche brings.