Souttar & Uche out for 5/6 months

VivaObua

The Goalscoring Knee
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Glad to see some of you have faith in our squad.

Shit news but far from the end of the season ffs

Sensible reaction.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• redjambo

• i8hibsh

• Mikey1874

bringonthesevco
3 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Come on guys!!!! We can still win every game we play without them, everyone thought that about Berra when he got injured. The team needed us fans to get behind the team more than ever and show them we believe in them!

This ... we’ve got the best squad we’ve had for a long time - yes it’s gutting but reading some of these posts FFS ...

Just now, Thommo414 said:

Should've been anyway imo, lads been brilliant! Would love to see him get a full season with us rather than going back to Burnley and ending up at a league 1 side when he could be a vital part of a seriously competitive Hearts squad 

Would imagine that would be Jimmy's thinking as well.

Bobby

Smith Dikamona Dunne Garrucio

Morrison Haring Lee Mitchell

Naismith McLean

Subs from Djoum, Clare, Hughes, Bozanic, Cochrane, McDonald, Wighton, and hopefully Brandon/Godinho to come back. We also have Mulraney and Amankwaa who will hopefully step up.

We still have quality in depth 

Whilst its a disaster of a situation, we still have players who can cover all positions

CB

Dunne

Clevid

Hughes

Smith/Gaurrico (as a back 5)

Wouldn’t move him, but Haring if need be (Bozanic holding mid)

CF

Naismith

MacLean

Wighton

or 2 wide men with one of the above

Not ideal but we’ll cope

Getting Berra, Souttar and Uche back into next year with Vanecek coming in is going to be some boost.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

A players bad luck is another players opportunity. Time for someone else to step upto the plate. We can't undo injuries but, we can make sure others know how lucky they are and to Carpe Diem. When the chips appear to be down this is when you find out who is made of the right stuff and who isint.

COME ON THE HEARTS.

1 minute ago, Bunny Munro said:

Bobby

Naismith McLean

Subs from Djoum, Clare, Hughes, Bozanic, Cochrane, McDonald, Wighton, and hopefully Brandon/Godinho to come back. We also have Mulraney and Amankwaa who will hopefully step up.

When you look at the team like that, it doesn’t seem quite so bad. Still a competitive side. 

Key players both.  It is gutting, undoubtedly, but it also presents opportunities to some very capable players.

We have a squad with very little 'filler' (barring the obvious like Amankwaa, Martin); guys like Clare, Dikamona, Wighton have tools in their locker to keep us competing at the top end.  Not to mention our homegrown talents like Cochrane, Morrison and McDonald who may come back into the frame in a peripheral sense with substitute minutes now we are a bit more stretched.

Expectations may have to be readjusted slightly, but I still see enough strength in depth for a top three finish.  Not what we might have dreamed of in the last few weeks, but I'd have taken it like a shot in the summer....

I could cry.   Gutted.

Naismith has to play as a centre front man, the way he has for scotland last 2 games.     We should also get mitchell left wing to support attack.    Clare or djoum back in the middle of the park.

I always hope for the best but genuinely see this seasons being a 'what could have been'.    

That’s our season ****ed in terms of a proper challenge. Also to all those folk who were saying, “we don’t need another striker” at the end of the window - this was foreseen. Significantly weaker side now without Uche, Souttar and Berra.

Edited by Cruyff Turn

Just now, Robbie1902 said:

Very disappointing news really thought we could win something this season doubt we will secure a Europe spot. 

Yer arse

SuperstarSteve

Devastated is an understatement.

Im usually one for prolonging the suffering but I feel like the togetherness in the squad can carry us through. I just hope the quality is on show next week. 

My only real worry is a fully fit griffiths will be available, Celtic played s blinder, club over country. 

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Naismith is going to look great lifting the Betfred Cup.?

Good point

New captain for a while 

Probably someone else given  Naismith is already coach, manager and captain on the park 

5 minutes ago, Jerah Jambo said:

Would imagine that would be Jimmy's thinking as well.

Hope so! Seems to have taken really well to playing for us and I can't imagine he'll want to give that up. Still very young too! 

I know more a number 10 or wide man but i wonder if Sean Clare will be brought in to the fold ahead of planned to support in attacking sense

Souttar is a big loss, but Dikamona has looked very decent in his cameos.

We've been okay without Uche for a few weeks anyway, MacLean and Naismith up top is our strongest strike force imo. The problem is keeping them fit otherwise we really are in trouble. Not signing another striker after KL left was crazy .

Oh just **** right off

It has to be something deeper in our training etc.  Why always our key ****ing players.

My guts are actually churning in my stomach after this.

Season over.

Ronald Villiers

If we can just keep the momentum going until the winter break we'll have Berra, Vanecek and a fit Clare to come in when we commence in January.  Uche and Souttar will hopefully return around March, at which time we're still very much in the title race.  I'm gutted but trying to put a positive slant on this.

Gutted for them both and for the team but thankfully, we have some depth in the squad, particularly at the back. Just hope we don’t rush Berra back too soon. 

Optimistic that the rest of the squad can continue the progress although would have preferred Uche battering the hobos in a couple of weeks.

With Soapy being injured through the January window by the looks of it, I’m assuming his will remove any chat of him being a target, at least I hope so. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

That’s our season ****ed. Also to all those folk who were saying, “we don’t need another striker” at the end of the window - this was foreseen. Significantly weaker side now without Uche, Souttar and Berra.

Defeatist mentality. Quite surprised at people. 

Season has just started and of course these are blows 

We played well enough without Uche recently and Dikamona could be the real deal. Lets see. 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

We've got the perfect games on Saturday and after to judge how we're going to cope.  They're not going to be easy but then, they never were.  Best to leave all judgements on our season until after the beginning of November.  We'll have a much clearer idea then.

1 minute ago, J80MBO said:

I know more a number 10 or wide man but i wonder if Sean Clare will be brought in to the fold ahead of planned to support in attacking sense

He’d probably end up injured if we bring him in early ?

8 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Bobby

Naismith McLean

Smith suspended for Saturday though.

Of course it’s a blow.  No team is ever a one man side but Uche gives so much with his presence. 

It worries oppositon and allows his his team mates to get forward and change the dynamic of the game.

But it’s about rising to the challenge, others taking their chance and finding another effective way to play. 

Still have a very good squad.

Edited by Debut 4

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The Scottish national team can **** right off too.

Very much doubt Souttar injury has anything to do with Scotland. More likely a long term chronic hip problem.

On the other hand Carson's reckless attempted clearance seems to have done for Uche. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Wonder if we can recall any of the loan players. Currie seems to be doing well after his long term injury. 

Clutching at straws now. This is brutally bad luck. 

The Goalscoring Knee
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

My guts are actually churning in my stomach after this.

Season over.

Can see why people are upset, but the second part of your statement is way over the top. Are you seriously suggesting we just give up the ghost?

Isn't Dunne on a six month deal.   Time to try and get him till the end of the season.  I know Berra is back in 5-6 weeks but with no Soutar we need Dunne.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Very much doubt Souttar injury has anything to do with Scotland. More likely a long term chronic hip problem.

On the other hand Scott Carson's reckless attempted clearance seems to have done for Uche. 

Trevor Carson surely? 

1 minute ago, Rudolf said:

Smith suspended for Saturday though.

I was looking more long term. Hughes can slot in at CB with Dikamona moving wide, or Bozanic comes in with Haring moving back. Plenty options.

Captain Canada

Terrible news obviously but we can only look forward now. Clevid looks a good player and can play alongside Dunne. 

Beyond the next game we also have Hughes and Smith who can play there. 

I'm more concerned about our striking options. Uche gives us an option nobody else currently can. 

It shouldn't be all doom and gloom though. Berra will be back before Christmas, Clare is still to play and Vanecek is joining too.

After the next few weeks when we play Aberdeen, the Hobos and Celtic twice, our run of games should get a bit easier. 

There may be someone who's fit and out of contract that we could sign until January as cover up front.