• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• redjambo

• i8hibsh

• Mikey1874

We've got loads of depth in central midfield. For that reason Haring must now be considered for the centre half pool.

Up front is more problematic, but Sean Clare as a no. 10 is an obvious solution with Naismith and McLean playing no. 9.

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We simply have to start looking at our medical team and asking questions. Many players over the years have been critical of them over the years.  There has to be a reason for our serious misfortune with injuries. 

Uche was injured by Trevor Carson's reckless attempt at a clearance. Maybe as you say not properly diagnosed. 

Souttar may have a long term hip problem. There might be questions there. 

The pressure and onus is to get players ready to play so maybe sometimes not fully in interests of players' health.  Players want to play as well. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Someone posted further up that this never seems to happen to Hibs (for example). It does seem incredibly unjust. Not only do we have multiple players sidelined, they are vitally important players (both of our first choice CB pairing, FFS) and they are all out for ridiculously long periods. Why do we have such shitty luck?

I guess we can forget about having a tilt at the title. We coped with the lack of Berra, but losing Souttar and Uche as well (plus Lafferty) would cripple any SPL side. If it weren’t for us having signed Dikamona, we’d be struggling to put out a defence.

5 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

***** chucking in the towel due to two injuries. Classic bandwagon fans.

Top 4 was the aim this season and still very achievable. Anything more than this including cup runs a huge bonus given recent years.

Good opportunity for the other players to prove their worth.

It's the way it is, the world's getting more and more bi-polar, this forum just reflects that

7 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Reminded me so much of 2005-06 and I actually checked the date as I remembered it being the school holidays then as well.

Burley was sacked on 22 October 2005

7 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Reminded me so much of 2005-06 and I actually checked the date as I remembered it being the school holidays then as well.

Burley was sacked on 22 October 2005

This. Thought that was a wind up as well as this but clearly not.

How unlucky can you be to lose 3 top players for half a season.

Is McLean going to play 5 matches within 2 weeks against that opposition that we have.

He will be next probably !!!!!

30 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Oh just **** right off

It has to be something deeper in our training etc.  Why always our key ****ing players.

My guts are actually churning in my stomach after this.

Season over.

Em.....

Sorry to pish on yer chips I8 but one got injured playing for Scotland and the other got injured in a 50/50 challenge.

I think we just about have the cover for Souttar but for me Uche being out for so long is a bigger blow as this really changes the way we play. 

Just think when 5 months time comes, getting to the sharp end of our title run in and the squad gets a wee boost from the return of Uche and Souttar. This after already having the boost of Berra's return and Vanacek coming in.

loveofthegame

Folk blaming internationals and the medical team. I don’t think either can be blamed for Berra’s hammy snapping in two or Uche coming off worst in a 50/50. 

This is gd old fashioned bad luck. Or very very bad luck. 

And it may not be season over but I was daring to dream. We’re kidding ourselves on if we think we can push on all fronts without our two first choice international centre halves and the best battering ram in the league. Our squad has depth but not of the quality to cover for 6 months.

prove me wrong Hearts.... please...

EastSideJambo
33 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Oh just **** right off

It has to be something deeper in our training etc.  Why always our key ****ing players.

My guts are actually churning in my stomach after this.

Season over.

Tempered reaction  

I'm actually more devasted about the loss of Uche. I think Dikamona will be an able stand in but we have absolutely no one to replace Uche.

rudi must stay

Absolute disaster

2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Just think when 5 months time comes, getting to the sharp end of our title run in and the squad gets a wee boost from the return of Uche and Souttar. This after already having the boost of Berra's return and Vanacek coming in.

Unless someone ups their game considerably those two, Uche in particular, are crucial to our chances in the league

2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Anyway know what Uche foot issue? 5 month seems a long recovery time for recovery from an operation on the foot.

Has he been in for the op yet do we know?

This

EastSideJambo
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Haring will move back. Big squad though time for others to stand up

He might need to. Hughes really needs to step up now. In NI squad last week despite not being involved since Pars game 

Certainly a blow for sure. Would have been a much bigger blow last season though. 

Bozanic to get a run in side if Haring drops into back 3/4 

7 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

For anyone still thinking this is a hack, I just heard Levein on the radio speaking about the situation. It is true.

On the radio you say .. with a KGB agent behind him holding a kalashnakov to his head

Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

I'm actually more devasted about the loss of Uche. I think Dikamona will be an able stand in but we have absolutely no one to replace Uche.

Totally agree with this.

We have cover at centre back.

I think Haring will be put at the back and maybe Bozanic will come into midfield. Dikamona at right back.

I'm concerned about up front as Wighton really has to step up

2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I would agree with this. Other teams get caught up in trying to mark Uche and he then frees up space for others around him.

Dikamona will do fine and looks as if he is comfortable on the ball like Souttar is.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Very disappointing news but I have more faith now in the squad, they seem to have the spirit to knuckle down and cope better than some in recent times. I am sure that the lure of a potentially great season will keep us going until we are free of injuries. 

11 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Yeah it's really bad news but the pant wetting on this site is unreal. Season over? 

Ffs have a word with yourselves. 

Aye some folk hate to overreact and embarrass themselves. Anyone overly worried check out the starting line up that beat Celtic 4-0. Berra, Clare and Vanacek to come in over the next 6 weeks and a lot of great young players that can be relied on.

letsalldothebeattie

Massive blow to lose both but we’ve seen we can cope without Uche up top but Souttar to me is the bigger blow been excellent since he returned from his previous injury and proved a proper leader since we lost Berra. Hopefully we can cope going forward in the coming games without them

About the two worst players we could lose given Berra is already out ?

Would imagine Haring will move back to centre half so the bigger issue will be the midfield, chance for Bozanic though so need him to step up. Ikpeazu is crucial to the way the team has played so is a massive loss, are we able to recall Keena?

We_are_the_Hearts

People are saying we coped without Uche but we drew 0-0, won 4-2 with 2 very late goals then limped over the line against a St Johnstone team that the OF put 5 or 6 past. And these were all at Home. Uche is a huge player forthis team and it will show over the coming months

EastSideJambo

Hopefully this doesn't have a long term impact on Souttar. He is a player on an upward trajectory. He has now had two pretty serious injuries by age 22 

1 minute ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

People are saying we coped without Uche but we drew 0-0, won 4-2 with 2 very late goals then limped over the line against a St Johnstone team that the OF put 5 or 6 past. And these were all at Home. Uche is a huge player forthis team and it will show over the coming months

He's central to how we attack. He's so powerful and dangerous he occupies 2 defenders, which in turn creates space for Naismith. The boy was working wonders for Naisy.

We're going to have to completely change our game plan for the next 2 and a half months until Vanacek comes in...and hope he can fill Uche's role.

We've still got better strikers than we've had in most seasons.

Uche allows us to play a certain way and I love the guy buy he's very raw, greedy at times and makes poor decisions. He's a loss but more from a style of play and rotation perspective. Its not the end of the world.

Souttar is the real deal but as has been said, we have good cover for there. 

We may need to adapt out style a of play a bit but we will be okay and when Vanecek comes in we can reintroduce a more direct approach if required.

3 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Wasn't the St Johnstone game the one where we could've scored about 10 on another day?

13 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Anyway know what Uche foot issue? 5 month seems a long recovery time for recovery from an operation on the foot.

Has he been in for the op yet do we know?

"It's a really obscure problem that requires an operation" Levein says on Uche.

Souttar has torn the lining of his hip. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-duo-uche-ikpeazu-and-john-souttar-both-out-for-five-months-1-4816656

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, Jeff said:

Wasn't the St Johnstone game the one where we could've scored about 10 on another day?

If yer Auntie had baws...................

Selkirkhmfc1874

Shocking news but that's football , gives other guys an opportunity and it's the reason we have a squad so not end of the world 

1 hour ago, Jerah Jambo said:

Would imagine Craig will be looking to extend Dunne's loan to the end of the season now.

I’d be surprised if JD hadn’t suggested this to Sean Dyche already. The boys playing every week in big games and seems to be enjoying life. It’s a win win for us and burnley

9 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

I thought Our attacking play was fine against st Johnstone . Poor decisions in front of goal . Uche is just as prone to this 

Well thats a bit shit!

Our squad depth will be challenged now. 

Not as confident now as I was but lets see how things unfold. 

Mon the Hearts!