Semi Final Dot Count

mainstandjambo

9 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

I might be being pessimistic, but my prediction earlier in the thread of 20,000 won't be far off IMO. It is hard to gauge what % of folk that want to go don't have their tickets by now, my assumption that 80% of folk that are going have their tickets would mean we'll sell another 3,500 to take us to 21,000. Many who don't go to games often will have secured a ticket as a current season ticket holders +1 IMO. 

Hope I am wrong but I can't see the demand on thursday being as high as many are predicting. Still, 21,000 would be a good crowd.

I predicted somewhere between 25- 30k. I think that would be very very good if achieved but not getting over the 20,000 mark would be disappointing.

I don’t think the latter will happen though.

Its hard to gauge but the team has started well and feeling good about the team will always draw the 50/50 supporters. 

But....the reality is, it’s not the final. A lot of supporters do sit and wait to see if we make it and watch the semi on tv. However,  it’s not Gretna we’ll face if we win. We’ll only get circa 25,000 tics for Hampden.

On that basis I hope many see it as a chance to attend a big game and on our doorstep too. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JALBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• scott herbertson

• Clerry Jambo

scott herbertson
58 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

The 2013 semi against ICT at ER had a crowd of 16,300 odd. 

ICT had half the FF stand so maybe 2,000 - 2,500 tops.

At least 14,000 Hearts fans at that game Scott.

Anyway, I'm going for 23,000 sold here.

Ach, I forgot about the second ICT game - you are right. Basic point still stands that this will be the biggest Hearts crowd at any League cup semi final in edinburgh by a long long way

12 hours ago, 8skacel8 said:

Seen this when looking at how Celtic were doing regarding sales. A few of them are saying the same as this comment. Hope we out sell them....

942B0114-56B3-492A-BF0A-611C2A1EBEEE.png

Table-Topping Tosspots :rofl: 

24 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Ach, I forgot about the second ICT game - you are right. Basic point still stands that this will be the biggest Hearts crowd at any League cup semi final in edinburgh by a long long way

Yep.

Since the 1950's anyway.

23 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

It may well be the biggest crowd at a LC semi anywhere since Hampden ' s capacity was reduced some 30 years ago.

10 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

I might be being pessimistic, but my prediction earlier in the thread of 20,000 won't be far off IMO. It is hard to gauge what % of folk that want to go don't have their tickets by now, my assumption that 80% of folk that are going have their tickets would mean we'll sell another 3,500 to take us to 21,000. Many who don't go to games often will have secured a ticket as a current season ticket holders +1 IMO. 

Hope I am wrong but I can't see the demand on thursday being as high as many are predicting. Still, 21,000 would be a good crowd.

A rather pessimistic guess. 

There'll be season ticket holders who’ll be buying on Thursday and beyond. 

My son and I are season ticket holders but due to needing a further 3 tickets on top of our own, have had to wait for the general sale in order to sit together.

Circumstances of many others will dictate great sales ahead and I reckon we'll sell a minimum 10000 on top of the 17000-18000 already acquired.

HHGH

Some ST holders have let us down badly with their failure to bring friends or even buy tickets themselves. All the LOYALty points holders need to step up now and make sure of a massive sales push. I'm bringing four up from London who've never been to a Hearts game before which makes me a PHM. What else can we do?

stirlingshirejambo
6 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Some ST holders have let us down badly with their failure to bring friends or even buy tickets themselves. All the LOYALty points holders need to step up now and make sure of a massive sales push. I'm bringing four up from London who've never been to a Hearts game before which makes me a PHM. What else can we do?

what info re season ticket holders not buying are you basing this on????

11 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

:wtf:

There's ST holders all over the relevant threads saying they'll be getting tickets on Thursday because they want to buy more tickets than the current rules allow.

Different Class
20 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

:clap: 2 great big bites immediately. Well played 

23 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

We’re now relying on the loyal part timers to crash us through the 25,000 barrier....

10 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

We’re now relying on the loyal part timers to crash us through the 25,000 barrier....

This - 14 being bought tomorrow

We've sold more tickets than we have season ticket holders and people are saying it's a poor start :lol:

We'll do absolutely fine at general sale no doubts about it 

Psychedelicropcircle
37 minutes ago, Heartsdaft said:

I have a ST but need six tickets so am waiting for the general sale

Wot he says ^

Genuinely think we will all be very surpised but the rush on Thrusday know loads of people waiting for then as has been said above that want a load of ticklets but are restricted due to only being alloowed 2 just now.

41 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

as long as they don't expect a ticket for the final. season ticket holders will demand 2 each so they can take their long lost grannies to their 1st ever game.

JamboCampbell

buying 8 tomorrow. know of atleast 4 season book holders who are in same boat. Reckon we will sell around 8k tomorrow and Friday easy. get us to 25/26k easy before Aberdeen game.

My guess, 27k in total.

10 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

26/27k would be on a par with what we had at the 2013 final - and aside from that, the biggest Hearts support for ANY League Cup match since the 1962 final.*

*Not sure what the split was in the 51,000 crowd, but I assume we had more than Killie.

From memory the attendance was 44k - no way did St Mirren have 17/18k there.

23 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

as long as they don't expect a ticket for the final. season ticket holders will demand 2 each so they can take their long lost grannies to their 1st ever game.

LOL - ST holders will get ONE as usual.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

:rofl:

Hackney Hearts
30 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

From memory the attendance was 44k - no way did St Mirren have 17/18k there.

St Mirren had 17k there according to the BBC match report.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21732267

"Ngoo and Walker were the main instigators of an attempted fightback as they tried to pierce the Saints defence but the next goal came at the other end, producing a raucous response among the 17,000 Buddies fans and a moment of delirium for their manager Danny Lennon."

Just now, Hackney Hearts said:

St Mirren had 17k there according to the BBC match report.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21732267

"Ngoo and Walker were the main instigators of an attempted fightback as they tried to pierce the Saints defence but the next goal came at the other end, producing a raucous response among the 17,000 Buddies fans and a moment of delirium for their manager Danny Lennon."

Written by Chick Young no doubt........

They had half the main stand and a corner of the Rangers end.....more like 12k

Hackney Hearts
3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Written by Chick Young no doubt........

:lol:

(Keir Murray actually)

They had half the main stand and a corner of the Rangers end.....more like 12k

They definitely sold their original allocation of 14,000 - and were then angry about Hearts getting more of the remainder available. They were given another 1,200 debenture seats, but I don't know if they won their battle to secure seats elsewhere:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21725475

14 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

(Keir Murray actually)

They definitely sold their original allocation of 14,000 - and were then angry about Hearts getting more of the remainder available. They were given another 1,200 debenture seats, but I don't know if they won their battle to secure seats elsewhere:

Yes, they sold the original 14k then were given 1.2k debentures, then another 900. Finally they were awarded an additional 600 out of the disputed 3,500 as we hadn’t sold them.

Thats 16,700 add in corporate seats for their board, club employees, wider squad, players families, et al I think it’s fair enough to suggest that around 17,000 in the stadium that day were supporting St Mirren.

19 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

(Keir Murray actually)

Not sure why they were angry - loads of empty seats in the Rangers end.

1 minute ago, JamboGraham said:

Yes, they sold the original 14k then were given 1.2k debentures, then another 900. Finally they were awarded an additional 600 out of the disputed 3,500 as we hadn’t sold them.

Thats 16,700 add in corporate seats for their board, club employees, wider squad, players families, et al I think it’s fair enough to suggest that around 17,000 in the stadium that day were supporting St Mirren.

:hartley:

Hackney Hearts
3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Not sure why they were angry - loads of empty seats in the Rangers end.

Yes, it's weird - but according to the article, I think it's the way it was handled without consultation (sound familiar?), and the assumptions that were made which seemed to favour Hearts. Probably similar to the way we feel we get treated when playing the OF.

12 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Yes, it's weird - but according to the article, I think it's the way it was handled without consultation (sound familiar?), and the assumptions that were made which seemed to favour Hearts. Probably similar to the way we feel we get treated when playing the OF.

The main argument was that the the 3,500 (North-West Corner) were the only unallocated concession area left in the ground. St Mirren had sold all their concession priced tickets, we still had concession priced tickets available but we were allocated the full 3,500 rather than splitting them (which is what happened in the end).

As Hackney correctly states it’s all about consultation but also common sense and a bit of fairness to all supporters regardless of size of club. Interesting to note that little seems to have changed in the 5 years since...

scott herbertson

Worth noting if not seen already it's 4 tickets per account holder in the general sale, but phone for larger parties

"Tickets for Hearts’ Betfred Cup Semi Final against Celtic at BT Murrayfield will go on general sale at 9am on Thursday 18th October.

The match kicks off at 1.30pm on Sunday 28th October. The club was allocated 30,000 tickets for the fixture, which went on sale to season ticket holders on the 11th October, giving them a week to take up their allocation.  To date, 18,000 tickets have already been snapped up.  A massive thank you to all who have purchased tickets to join the ‘sea of maroon' and support the team at Murrayfield.

The club pushed hard to have the original arrangements for the game changed, to allow as many as possible to be at our first semi-final for 5 years and make it a truly special occasion for Jambos of all ages. In order to support this and encourage groups of families and friends to enjoy the game together we are now able to offer 4 tickets per account in the general sale. If you have larger groups then please contact the ticket office who will do their best to help.  

Supporters who registered an account with Hearts either via the Ticket Office or on the eTicket's website on, or prior to, the 26th of September 2018 will be eligible to purchase tickets.  Season ticket holders who have purchased tickets already will, of course, also be able to buy additional tickets (to a maximum of 4 in total). 

Please remember that our ticket allocation is for Hearts supporters.  Please also remember that the purchaser is responsible for the behaviour of the ticket holder."

Psychedelicropcircle

Quick look at what is available not a great dea,l happy to sort this when other blocks get released.

5 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Just about Jalbo time, excellent!

I'll do an abridged version for him.

Tickets Sold - 18,000

Tickets Remaining - 12,000

18-20k is what most predicted before general sale so we're doing well. Still got 3 to purchase and clearly lots more been holding off to buy in groups so we can still do this :) ?

18k before general sale and with the better seats still available is very good going.

12k general sale is pushing it but with a good result against the sheep we could get very close. 

Fantastic effort.

I'm assuming they will open up quite a few more blocks for general sale tomorrow morning. I am buy an additional 4 (maybe 6 waiting to hear back) I think our overall sales will end up being around 27,000 much the same as celtic (imo)