Semi Final Dot Count

mainstandjambo

Good effort so far but I reckon majority of folk will have their tickets by now. 

We’ll take about 20,000 i think which would be a bit on the disappointing side but never know, may get a lift over weekend and the public sale.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JALBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• scott herbertson

• Clerry Jambo

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Supporters clubs perhaps? 

Could be a few holding back for central section South. Excellent sales next spike next Thursday. Tend to agree the week is too long for season tickets. 

Guessing another 1k to add to the total in hospitality 

I think hospitality looks more like 700 based on what's on offer, but by all accounts, it's selling very well. We just don't know if they're being seated in the allocation that we see, or in 'grey'd out' areas or even other sections. And there's clearly been a big uptake on wheelchair, blind and PA seating/spaces based on reports of Keith Ferguson being inundated with requests. Including all this, we could easily have over 17,000 sales so far.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, JALBO said:

I think hospitality looks more like 700 based on what's on offer, but by all accounts, it's selling very well. We just don't know if they're being seated in the allocation that we see, or in 'grey'd out' areas or even other sections. And there's clearly been a big uptake on wheelchair, blind and PA seating/spaces based on reports of Keith Ferguson being inundated with requests. Including all this, we could easily have over 17,000 sales so far.

I think 25 to 27k by the end. But perhaps an underestimate of families waiting or mates in the bars

6 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Good effort so far but I reckon majority of folk will have their tickets by now. 

We’ll take about 20,000 i think which would be a bit on the disappointing side but never know, may get a lift over weekend and the public sale.

Public sale may surprise us.  

It's beyond what most people would have predicted 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I think 25 to 27k by the end. But perhaps an underestimate of families waiting or mates in the bars

I know of some who are waiting on the public sale so I expect a reasonable surge. 

maroonlegions

We have NO reason to fear Smeltic, none, and the supporters sense that, i perceive we WILL sell out or will be near to it.

We just need that no fear of Smelitic to sink in with the players and we can all play our  part in ramming that home on the day when  the payers walk out to a sea of maroon legions , :scenes:(no pun intended),. 

To all the Hobo trolls implying we will fall  well short of a sell out, FTH.

EastSideJambo
1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

Good wins against Aberdeen and Dundee might drag a few more out 

Quite possibly. Would be great to see a sell out or as close to it as possible 

Some may fear a capitulation similar to Ibrox and may elect to watch on the box 

Hackney Hearts
6 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Well if we've sold 16k - 17k, and our allocation is 30k, then the majority will definitely have their tickets by now, whatever the final total. Simple arithmetic.

Just depends what size of majority you're talking about. If you reckon we're going to end up at 20k, then you must think nearly 85% have already got their seats after 2 days.  Personally I think that percentage will be a fair bit lower.

54 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Dot count at 5pm.

West Stand - currently selling W5-W17 (lower) and  W10-W22 (upper)

Allocation currently on sale: 7380

Seats remaining:  210

Seats sold - West Stand: 7170

Hearts End (South Stand) - currently selling S1-S13 (lower) and S2 (upper)

Allocation currently on sale: 5154

Seats remaining:  360

Seats sold - South Stand: 4794

East Stand - currently selling E11-E17 (lower) and E14-E22 (upper)

Allocation currently on sale: 4643

Seats remaining:  214

Seats sold - East Stand: 4429

Total seats currently made available for sale: 17,177

Total seats remaining: 784

Total seats sold:  16,393

As Rudolph has just mentioned, 200+ seats have been released in East lower, so actual sales since 9pm last night are over 2,000. A wee caveat now though - we have no idea if the club have other blocks of seats within sections on sale that, for some unknown reason, have been held back.

S15 now open. That's almost all of South lower now on sale. EDIT - S17 now open too. All of South lower now on sale.

EDIT EDIT - new chunks of seats released for sale within existing sections on sale - specifically W7 and W9 (West lower).

Edited by JALBO
additional info

1 minute ago, JALBO said:

S15 now open. That's almost all of South lower now on sale.

Thanks for the update mate and people are saying we won't be close to a sell out ?? we will smash the 20 k barrier by atleast Tuesday I reckon Gorgie rules yah can'ts our big striker that is coming in January is trying to come over to watch this aswell with a few others like Gary locke said 

Looks like it's going to be anywhere from 25k to a sell out . 

Siupetb effort once again from the Hearts fans and a thorough vindication of Craig and Ann in their stance against the original date. 

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

They've only been on sale under 2 days, and haven't gone on public sale

Fxxx the SPFL

Just back from scabby Blackpool took the grandson down so will be ordering mine's and the better halfs  two tickets plus another two for our jambo friends from Gravenhurst, Ontario. They always attend as many matches home and away when they come over every year.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Surely everyone with a Hearts interest should want to be at this game. Come on let's get this sold out! 

3 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

I think you are going to be well off with that prediction. If we don't sell out it won't be by much.

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Our mob waiting on general sale. It won’t happen but the club should open up for everyone on Monday. Sales will soar 

Agreed. The season ticket bolt will be shot by Monday. They should keep up momentum with the general sale.

3 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

We have NO reason to fear Smeltic, none, and the supporters sense that, i perceive we WILL sell out or will be near to it.

We just need that no fear of Smelitic to sink in with the players and we can all play our  part in ramming that home on the day when  the payers walk out to a sea of maroon legions , :scenes:(no pun intended),. 

To all the Hobo trolls implying we will fall  well short of a sell out, FTH.

I think 300,000 should want to be there if only to see Uche saying to Harry, "which one's Broon".

Based on sales to date and us trouncing Aberdern I'd say 30,000 will sell.

4 hours ago, JALBO said:

Dot count at 5pm.

Seats remaining:  210

Seats sold - West Stand: 7170

Hearts End (South Stand) - currently selling S1-S13 (lower) and S2 (upper)

Allocation currently on sale: 5154

Seats remaining:  360

Seats sold - South Stand: 4794

Seats remaining:  214

Seats sold - East Stand: 4429

Total seats currently made available for sale: 17,177

Total seats remaining: 784

Total seats sold:  16,393

As Rudolph has just mentioned, 200+ seats have been released in East lower, so actual sales since 9pm last night are over 2,000. A wee caveat now though - we have no idea if the club have other blocks of seats within sections on sale that, for some unknown reason, have been held back.

Looks like sections E9 and E12 will be used for segregation. Certainly a portion of them.

If I’m honest I didn’t think the sales would be doing as well as they are. I’m confident that we will get 25-30k especially when general sale is next week, just think of the jambos with no loyalty points that want to go to a semi on their doorstep

Dot count at 11pm - did an extra count tonight as around 500 seats were released around teatime in 5 different sections that were already on sale. So we don't really know if this pattern will continue where chunks of seats that were presumed sold are later released - but here's how it currently looks:

Seats remaining:  384 (additional seats released in 3 sections)

Seats sold - West Stand: 6996

Hearts End (South Stand) - currently selling S1-S17 (lower) and S2 (upper)

Allocation currently on sale: 5834

Seats remaining:  792

Seats sold - South Stand: 5042

Seats remaining:  171 (additional seats released in 2 sections)

Seats sold - East Stand: 4472

Total seats currently made available for sale: 17,857

Total seats remaining: 1,347

Total seats sold:  16,510

In addition, reports of very healthy hospitality sales and wheelchair, blind and PA sales could mean actual sales are currently in excess of 17,000 - but all subject to us not really knowing if more blocks of seats have been withheld from sections currently on sale.

7 hours ago, dc-jambo said:

Oddly, it is the fact that Celtic WILL sell all their tickets — ie more than they’d have sold for Hampden - that might deliver the final nail in Hampden’s coffin.

I think that’s why the SPFL/SFA didn’t want this ‘experiment’ in the first place;  what if even supporters of the Glasgow clubs prefer Murrayfield to Hampden?

Not going to happen. The SFA have already taken Haughey and Hunter's £5m bribe to stay at Hampden and keep Scottish football focused on Glasgow. The decision's been made, the Strathclyde Football Association are staying put.

Also, while some Glasgow football fans might grudgingly admit that Murrayfield is a better stadium than Hampdump, they'll never actually want to have to start travelling through to the capital more than just this once for neutral cup ties.

22 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Dot count at 11pm - did an extra count tonight as around 500 seats were released around teatime in 5 different sections that were already on sale. So we don't really know if this pattern will continue where chunks of seats that were presumed sold are later released - but here's how it currently looks:

In addition, reports of very healthy hospitality sales and wheelchair, blind and PA sales could mean actual sales are currently in excess of 17,000 - but all subject to us not really knowing if more blocks of seats have been withheld from sections currently on sale.

Would the club not have announced it if we had sold over 15k? Would be pretty easy to conjure up a wee twitter acknowledgement to our wee neighbours with that figure.

6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Would the club not have announced it if we had sold over 15k? Would be pretty easy to conjure up a wee twitter acknowledgement to our wee neighbours with that figure.

No idea, but I'm only reporting what seats show as available - and therefore the number presumed sold - based on the sections that we know are or have been on sale. As I said, it could be that the club have held back whole blocks of seats around the ground for some reason which would obviously lower the number of seats actually sold.

Edited by JALBO

hampdenharttley
6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Naw ...keep the buzz going, maybe Monday and a 17k announcement, think the public sale should be Tuesday latest and watch the figures soar..They will anyway just my take 

Ronald Villiers

I've not got a season ticket this season due to work but have made it to 3 home games with the laddie.  My Mrs and daughter have made it clear that they want tickets for the semi.  Hopefully get 4 during general sale.  Got 2 mates that are season ticket holders that have still to get their tickets aswell so hopefully others will follow suit!

hampdenharttley

Lets face it 17k sales  at this stage is awesome..we will sell 30k or there about, those that want one or more will get them in the public slae IMHO.Hearts should bite the bullet and go public by Tuesday and watch the numbers sore , why wait ..if you have a ST you have no fear 

31 minutes ago, JALBO said:

No idea, but I'm only reporting what seats show as available - and therefore the number presumed sold - based on the sections that we know are or have been on sale. As I said, it could be that the club have held back whole blocks of seats around the ground for some reason which would obviously lower the number of seats actually sold.

Fair enough mate. Be interesting to see how the dot count matches up to the next announcement. Had you done a count when 10k was announced?

1 hour ago, JALBO said:

So why has the club said there is around 30K tickets for sale ? 

hampdenharttley
7 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Does it really matter ?? ffs we are selling huge numbers Re  and let it continue please

Also remember KB aint the B all and end of all answers

Honest some people should bolt  

stirlingshirejambo
5 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

We can have up to 30k but will release sections at a time as they did yesterday 

at the moment they’ve released about 17k according to Jalbos excellent dot counting 

pettigrewsstylist
8 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Not going to happen. The SFA have already taken Haughey and Hunter's £5m bribe to stay at Hampden and keep Scottish football focused on Glasgow. The decision's been made, the Strathclyde Football Association are staying put.

Also, while some Glasgow football fans might grudgingly admit that Murrayfield is a better stadium than Hampdump, they'll never actually want to have to start travelling through to the capital more than just this once for neutral cup ties.

Agree with all you have said here FT. Would love to know where the average Scotland match fan comes from tho. With the OF fans well declared allegiances to other nations teams i would welcome a poll to establish if a large portion of that crowd comes from other than Glasgow. I know very few OF fans who attend Scotland matches.

7 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

As stirlingshirejambo has said, the club have been releasing sections according to demand. At the minute, virtually all of South Upper - which looks to be around 7,000 seats, and a third of our half of the West - perhaps another 4,000 seats - haven't been put on sale.

We Can But Worry
8 hours ago, hampdenharttley said:

Lets face it 17k sales  at this stage is awesome..we will sell 30k or there about, those that want one or more will get them in the public slae IMHO.Hearts should bite the bullet and go public by Tuesday and watch the numbers sore , why wait ..if you have a ST you have no fear 

Was in yesterday morning to order 34 tickets.  Queued for 50 mins.  Was told the tickets would arrive on Tuesday, public sale would commence on Thursday, and tickets should be available for collection from Friday onwards.

35 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Agree with all you have said here FT. Would love to know where the average Scotland match fan comes from tho. With the OF fans well declared allegiances to other nations teams i would welcome a poll to establish if a large portion of that crowd comes from other than Glasgow. I know very few OF fans who attend Scotland matches.

The vast majority of the loyal Scotland followers come from all over the country. Many of them from places that don't even have football teams.

As usual the SFA are doing what they want rather than what makes sense or what the fans want.

They are more interested in keeping the Old Firm and their fans happy rather than the Scotland fans, they are a secondary thought to those cretins.

StirlingJambo

Don’t have a season ticket as can’t make every game. Buying 4 tickets when general sale opens which I’m hoping by that point will still be no problem getting seats together. Buzzing! 

9 minutes ago, StirlingJambo said:

Don’t have a season ticket as can’t make every game. Buying 4 tickets when general sale opens which I’m hoping by that point will still be no problem getting seats together. Buzzing! 

I'm the same as you mate don't get to many matches as I live in Ireland but I'll be buying 6 when public sale starts and we're all big hearts fans before people start thinking that they're day trippers/ glory hunters. We all had season tickets for 15 years but due to work,family and moving abroad we all can't attend as many matches as we would like. Hopefully be able to get tickets

There really is a buzz about this. 

If we don't sell out it will be mighty close. We are certainly going to sell more tickets than we would ever be allocated for Hampden.

Season ticket holder but holding off for the public sale in order to ensure sitting alongside my family. Both my eldest son and I are currently ST holders in the Main stand but need an extra 3 tickets for my wife, youngest son and daughter so will wait for the PS. A bit of tough luck though as my youngest son had to give his ST up at the start of the season for work commitments. He still attends as many games as poss (5 games so far this season) and has presently amassed 45 loyalty points.

I'm sure others will be in the same boat though...…………………….

9 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Fair enough mate. Be interesting to see how the dot count matches up to the next announcement. Had you done a count when 10k was announced?

I'd done a count towards the end of that evening - so 4 or 5 hours after the club indicated we'd sold more than 10,000 tickets.  The count indicated around 14,000 seats sold at that point.

25 minutes ago, JALBO said:

I'd done a count towards the end of that evening - so 4 or 5 hours after the club indicated we'd sold more than 10,000 tickets.  The count indicated around 14,000 seats sold at that point.

It is tough and intricate work, the dot-counting, especially on this new terrain. You’re doing a grand job, JALBO - don’t be put off by the carping from passers by. It must feel like being on the golf when some six-year-old comes by with his mum and says ‘mummy, why didn’t he hit the ball straight?’ ??

so so keep up the good work, as we push towards a sell-out ???

50 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Could be spot on then. Announcement was 5pm, folk come out of work and see 10k sold panic and buy straight away so could easily have been 4K in that time. Good work mate.

20 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

It is tough and intricate work, the dot-counting, especially on this new terrain. You’re doing a grand job, JALBO - don’t be put off by the carping from passers by. It must feel like being on the golf when some six-year-old comes by with his mum and says ‘mummy, why didn’t he hit the ball straight?’ ??

so so keep up the good work, as we push towards a sell-out ???

I was simply asking a question in a completely neutral manner and tone. I wouldn’t know where to start with a dot count so was interested in the way it was done and the accuracy. Like everyone else I’m keen to see us sell out our allocation and outsell Celtic if possible. 17k just now would be outstanding. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Always interesting to read people's varying circumstances. 

We won't be far away from 30k there's a slight chance a few people may not get a ticket 

19 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Could be spot on then. Announcement was 5pm, folk come out of work and see 10k sold panic and buy straight away so could easily have been 4K in that time. Good work mate.

I think we'll find that our dot-counting won't be completely accurate since the club do appear to have withheld blocks of seats within sections that have been on sale. A whole stack of seats in E15 and E17 have just been released - these sections previously appeared to be sold out. This pattern could continue - but I've no idea what the thinking is behind this kind of selling.