Semi Final Dot Count

mainstandjambo

43 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

It is tough and intricate work, the dot-counting, especially on this new terrain. You’re doing a grand job, JALBO - don’t be put off by the carping from passers by. It must feel like being on the golf when some six-year-old comes by with his mum and says ‘mummy, why didn’t he hit the ball straight?’ ??

so so keep up the good work, as we push towards a sell-out ???

?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JALBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• scott herbertson

• Clerry Jambo

scott herbertson
8 minutes ago, JALBO said:

I think we'll find that our dot-counting won't be completely accurate since the club do appear to have withheld blocks of seats within sections that have been on sale. A whole stack of seats in E15 and E17 have just been released - these sections previously appeared to be sold out. This pattern could continue - but I've no idea what the thinking is behind this kind of selling.

trying to undermine the dot counter elite in my opinion

Mad Budge Oot!

17 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I know of some who are waiting on the public sale so I expect a reasonable surge. 

This is true. I know a guy who has a season ticket and is taking his wife and kid to the game but can only buy two tickets at the moment so is holding back until the general sale.

I am sure there will be lots more like that so we could see a big uptake from next Thursday.

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

This is true. I know a guy who has a season ticket and is taking his wife and kid to the game but can only buy two tickets at the moment so is holding back until the general sale.

I am sure there will be lots more like that so we could see a big uptake from next Thursday.

Quite a few people probably not sorted out yet with their mates (including me). I'm probably taking my daughter (who has never seen us lose or even draw in the 12 or so games she's been to) but also got to ask my son and wife so might have to be public sale if two of them want to go

StirlingJambo
2 hours ago, Weonly151 said:

I'm the same as you mate don't get to many matches as I live in Ireland but I'll be buying 6 when public sale starts and we're all big hearts fans before people start thinking that they're day trippers/ glory hunters. We all had season tickets for 15 years but due to work,family and moving abroad we all can't attend as many matches as we would like. Hopefully be able to get tickets

Some people do jump to conclusions when you say that you don’t have a season ticket. Just as big a jambo than someone that’s had a season ticket for many years, things just come up. Midweek and Sunday games for me. I think there should be no problem getting a ticket come Thursday mate 

1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

Quite a few people probably not sorted out yet with their mates (including me). I'm probably taking my daughter (who has never seen us lose or even draw in the 12 or so games she's been to) but also got to ask my son and wife so might have to be public sale if two of them want to go

Do you mean home games?  She was at the 0-0 game in Perth last season.

mainstandjambo

Count at 15.00

E13  -   24

E15  - 101

E17 -    31

E18 -      2

Total - 158

S1  -       8

S2 -        9

S3  -     38

S5 -      71

S7 -        8

S13 -    34

S15 -  113

S17 -    66

Total -  347

W18 -    4

W16 -  13

W14 -  28

W12 -  42

W10 -    3

W11 -    1

W9   -   76

W7  -    44

W5 -     16  

Total - 227

11 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

Count at 15.00

E13  -   24

E15  - 101

E17 -    31

E18 -      2

Total - 158

S1  -       8

S2 -        9

S3  -     38

S5 -      71

S7 -        8

S13 -    34

S15 -  113

S17 -    66

Total -  347

W18 -    4

W16 -  13

W14 -  28

W12 -  42

W10 -    3

W11 -    1

W9   -   76

W7  -    44

W5 -     16  

Total - 227

Tickets on sale or sold out in 33 sections!

but still another 15 sections to be opened for sale!

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, JALBO said:

I think we'll find that our dot-counting won't be completely accurate since the club do appear to have withheld blocks of seats within sections that have been on sale. A whole stack of seats in E15 and E17 have just been released - these sections previously appeared to be sold out. This pattern could continue - but I've no idea what the thinking is behind this kind of selling.

Giving the impression of scarcity ("hurry while stocks last") is a well tried marketing tactic which, given worries expressed by some holders of large numbers of Loyalty points that they might lose out, seems to be working..

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Giving the impression of scarcity ("hurry while stocks last") is a well tried marketing tactic which, given worries expressed by some holders of large numbers of Loyalty points that they might lose out, seems to be working..

To be honest I don't think this game needs much marketing bar hospitality  :lol:

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Anyone done a Celtic dot count 

Funny that - I did think about it, but you need an account with Celtic to see the seat map.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, JALBO said:

Funny that - I did think about it, but you need an account with Celtic to see the seat map.

A step too far Jalbo!!

Given that whole blocks of seats seem to be getting released, that were previously thought sold...... I wonder if we haven't yet reached 15k?

That would certainly be in line with the club announcing 5k, and then 10k accordingly.

29 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Maybe Tosh will help us with that... . :)

5pm Dot Count.

Please bear in mind all the caveats mentioned previously about possible unreleased seats.

West Stand - currently selling W5-W17 (lower) and  W10-W22 (upper)

Allocation currently on sale: 7380

Seats remaining:  222

Seats apparently sold - West Stand: 7158

Hearts End (South Stand) - currently selling S1-S17 (lower) and S2 (upper)

Allocation currently on sale: 5834

Seats remaining:  338

Seats apparently sold - South Stand: 5496

East Stand - currently selling E11-E17 (lower) and E14-E22 (upper)

Allocation currently on sale: 4643

Seats remaining:  154

Seats apparently sold - East Stand: 4489

Total seats currently made available for sale: 17,857

Total seats remaining: 714

Total seats apparently sold:  17,143

It could be that including hospitality, wheelchair, blind and PA sales, we're closer to 18.000. There does appear to be grey'd out zones in the middle of East and West stand allocations that are presumably for hospitality seating.

Also - it does appear that Celtic have more of the East stand than Hearts.  It looks like that at least some of the segregation will be in E11 and E14 which are Hearts sections. We may find the opposite happens in the West Stand to even it all up.

1 hour ago, JALBO said:

5pm Dot Count.

Please bear in mind all the caveats mentioned previously about possible unreleased seats.

It could be that including hospitality, wheelchair, blind and PA sales, we're closer to 18.000. There does appear to be grey'd out zones in the middle of East and West stand allocations that are presumably for hospitality seating.

Also - it does appear that Celtic have more of the East stand than Hearts.  It looks like that at least some of the segregation will be in E11 and E14 which are Hearts sections. We may find the opposite happens in the West Stand to even it all up.

Good work Jalbo. So is that about 600 sold in 24 hours? Obviously slowing down a bit but looks like hitting 20k before general sale.

25 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Good work Jalbo. So is that about 600 sold in 24 hours? Obviously slowing down a bit but looks like hitting 20k before general sale.

I think it's nearer 1,000 sold today if we account for additional blocks of seats that were released.  I do think it'll be in the hundreds each day between now and the general sale come Thursday though.

1 hour ago, JALBO said:

5pm Dot Count.

I assume you guys have some kind of automated script that counts the dots for

you?

3 hours ago, Disco Dave said:

you?

I doubt it - just think they are dedicated to

providing updates for us all - and I know I appreciate it greatly (as I’m sure others do)!

BIG THANKS

scott herbertson
9 hours ago, Stanley_ said:

Do you mean home games?  She was at the 0-0 game in Perth last season.

Ah yes! I forgot about that. In my defence it was a mind-numbingly boring game - IIRC the only highlights being a Souttar header and Cochrane lashing out after being kicked around the shop.

And the enjoyment-sapping low-light being a guy in front of us bad mouthing Levein for the whole 90 minutes

Edited by scott herbertson

4 hours ago, Disco Dave said:

you?

Toil, sweat, and square eyes, Disco. :)

Edited by JALBO

Theme From Sparta F.C.

I went along to the Ticket Office yesterday for 4 tickets.

The Lad that served me said the East Stand was totally sold out. They couldn't sell the South Upper until the South Lower was sold out. And limited tickets in the West Stand.

I managed to get 4 tickets in W14. So we're in the West Upper.

So folk in the queue left saying they'd come back next week when the South Upper go on sale.

5pm Dot Count. As expected, fewer sales today - less than 200 since the count yesterday teatime.

Seats remaining:  164

Seats apparently sold - West Stand: 7216

Seats remaining:  314

Seats apparently sold - South Stand: 5520

Seats remaining:  75

Seats apparently sold - East Stand: 4568

Total seats remaining: 553

Total seats apparently sold:  17,304

It could be that including hospitality, wheelchair, blind and PA sales, we're over 18.000. There does appear to be grey'd out zones in the middle of East and West stand allocations that are presumably for hospitality seating.

17 hours ago, Theme From Sparta F.C. said:

I went along to the Ticket Office yesterday for 4 tickets.

The Lad that served me said the East Stand was totally sold out. They couldn't sell the South Upper until the South Lower was sold out. And limited tickets in the West Stand.

I managed to get 4 tickets in W14. So we're in the West Upper.

So folk in the queue left saying they'd come back next week when the South Upper go on sale.

I expect alot of people are waiting for South Upper. That was certainly our preference.mfield1b.thumb.jpg.f0745f387785a1a02cac5b928f206461.jpg

2 minutes ago, JALBO said:

I expect alot of people are waiting for South Upper. That was certainly our preference.mfield1b.thumb.jpg.f0745f387785a1a02cac5b928f206461.jpg

I was the same but caved and went for corner of South and eaat.

Given the number of people who say they are holding off I'm still confident we will get very close to 30,000.

Lesson for our club, SPFL in terms of releasing tickets however.

Very limited availability at present, if I had been looking to buy for a group of 3+ @£25 and / or including concessions I’d certainly be waiting for a further section in the South Upper to be opened!

If we can sell 20,000 by Wednesday then a 30k sell out could be on!!

34 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Jalbo wee favour mate, are you able to post a screenshot of sections being sold and still to be opened up?

Cheers

Hi Clerry, here you go. Light blue means sold out.  Pink means still to be opened up for sale. :) 

sales_2.thumb.jpg.e536a507f344cc5fa442fe80ce94f25e.jpg

6 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Hi Clerry, here you go. Light blue means sold out.  Pink means still to be opened up for sale. :) 

sales_2.thumb.jpg.e536a507f344cc5fa442fe80ce94f25e.jpg

Top man Jalbo, thanks for that mate

Thought more sections would have been sold out but of course a lot of the sections might be near sold.

2 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Looking at what's been sold and still to sell there is no way we are selling 30,000 for this game.

Hopefully sell around 26-27,000.

Bear in mind that because the plan has been created with perspective, it looks as if we have more left to sell than we actually do.The sections currently on sale are around 60% of our allocation. It appears we've only got about 500 left to sell in those sections. I guess come Thursday we might have about 37% of our allocation left to sell.

2 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Top man Jalbo, thanks for that mate

Thought more sections would have been sold out but of course a lot of the sections might be near sold.

Most of the sections currently on sale only have a handful left to sell (500 seats left across 30-odd sections). It suggests to me a lot of people will probably hold off until more sections are opened up in the hope of getting better seats together.

9 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Bear in mind that because the plan has been created with perspective, it looks as if we have more left to sell than we actually do.The sections currently on sale are around 60% of our allocation. It appears we've only got about 500 left to sell in those sections. I guess come Thursday we might have about 37% of our allocation left to sell.

Ahhh right. 

Cheers ?

Just now, PTBCAL said:

Ahhh right. 

Cheers ?

.......I think it is a complete unknown what kind of sales to expect from Thursday though. It feels like it could be anything between 3,000 and 12,000.

1 minute ago, JALBO said:

.......I think it is a complete unknown what kind of sales to expect from Thursday though. It feels like it could be anything between 3,000 and 12,000.

Our mob is going to be double figures, I suspect many will be similar

7 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Our mob is going to be double figures, I suspect many will be similar

Hope you're right - it'll make dot-counting easier!

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Jalbo wee favour mate, are you able to post a screenshot of sections being sold and still to be opened up?

Cheers

I’ve clearly not been to ‘Dot Counting College’! Perhaps this helps? Jalbo I need coaching please!

15D122B3-976C-4BB0-930D-1B7CF45AADCA.jpeg

1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I’ve clearly not been to ‘Dot Counting College’! Perhaps this helps? Jalbo I need coaching please!

15D122B3-976C-4BB0-930D-1B7CF45AADCA.jpeg

Excellent detail, Jambo-Fox. Nice predictive scenario for the Celtic end too. Faultless!

Italian Lambretta
2 hours ago, JALBO said:

Excellent detail, Jambo-Fox. Nice predictive scenario for the Celtic end too. Faultless!

A drone missile strike on the sellick end would be a nice predictive scenario 

On 14/10/2018 at 02:15, Mikey1874 said:

No

But similar sales process 

Keep this thread clean, no more of the above

14 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Looking at what's been sold and still to sell there is no way we are selling 30,000 for this game.

Hopefully sell around 26-27,000.

I suppose it depends on the uptake from non-season ticket holders. There’s about 4 in my office who won’t be getting tickets until the general sale. I suspect there’s going to be a few more like that too. 

27 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I suppose it depends on the uptake from non-season ticket holders. There’s about 4 in my office who won’t be getting tickets until the general sale. I suspect there’s going to be a few more like that too. 

Are those people regulars? Keep hearing stories like this, groups buying on Thursday when public sale starts.