• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JALBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• scott herbertson

• Clerry Jambo

Hackney Hearts
6 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Any idea how many we have sold since 9am this morning?

Hard to say given that sales are taking place in the TO, online and on the phone - but I'd guess we're heading towards 5,000 so far today.

Edited by Hackney Hearts

Selkirkhmfc1874
12 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Ball park 5,000 judging by HH's post above yours.

An awful lot , know someone who works in ticket office and says been hectic today 

1 hour ago, Rudolf said:

No. They’ll move the Aberdeen fans closer to the South stand. Sevco have the whole North stand. 

Are you sure? I’m sure the whole ‘Aberdeen sabotage’ thing was because they sold North stand tickets first, while th SPFL wanted them to sell east stand first with the potential for those tickets to be given to secco. 

Can’t be far off the 23,000 mark, would expect we’ll make 25,000, think a lot of more casual fans will purchase their tickets the week of the game once the media build up starts.

Hackney Hearts
8 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

Are you sure? I’m sure the whole ‘Aberdeen sabotage’ thing was because they sold North stand tickets first, while th SPFL wanted them to sell east stand first with the potential for those tickets to be given to secco. 

There was a possibility of Aberdeen getting part of the North stand if they sold virtually all of their initial 16,800 allocation quickly enough - they were against the clock. You can imagine some were holding off buying in the hope that they'd get a shot at the 'good seats'. Stupid system really. Last week they were given an extra 4,400, but in the East and South Stands instead:

Aberdeen commercial director Rob Wicks said: “Whilst we are pleased that we have now been able to secure a larger guaranteed allocation of 20,300 tickets for our supporters, the fact that it’s taken 10 days since the semi-final draw leaves a lot to be desired.

“These unnecessary delays surrounding the venue and kick off time of our match have impacted upon the time available to sell tickets. Last Friday we were told we’d get the North Stand if we sold substantially all of our initial allocation of 16,800 tickets.

“In good faith we gave this information to our fans – only to find out yesterday that in order to get the North Stand we’d have to sell virtually all of our initial allocation of 16,800 tickets in a matter of just a few days, putting us in an impossible position.

“I’m sure we can all appreciate the SPFL’s desire to see a full stadium and maximise ticket income for these high-profile fixtures but moving forward allocations have to be done on a basis which puts supporters first and without the time constraints we have seen here.

“We at Aberdeen are calling for more transparency within the game in Scotland. Our fans deserve to know these facts. We must put fans first. We sincerely hope the SPFL will have learnt from this experience and that we don’t see a repeat.”

2 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

There was a possibility of Aberdeen getting part of the North stand if they sold virtually all of their initial 16,800 allocation quickly enough - they were against the clock. You can imagine some were holding off buying in the hope that they'd get a shot at the 'good seats'. Stupid system really. Last week they were given an extra 4,400, but in the East and South Stands instead:

Aberdeen commercial director Rob Wicks said: “Whilst we are pleased that we have now been able to secure a larger guaranteed allocation of 20,300 tickets for our supporters, the fact that it’s taken 10 days since the semi-final draw leaves a lot to be desired.

“These unnecessary delays surrounding the venue and kick off time of our match have impacted upon the time available to sell tickets. Last Friday we were told we’d get the North Stand if we sold substantially all of our initial allocation of 16,800 tickets.

“In good faith we gave this information to our fans – only to find out yesterday that in order to get the North Stand we’d have to sell virtually all of our initial allocation of 16,800 tickets in a matter of just a few days, putting us in an impossible position.

“I’m sure we can all appreciate the SPFL’s desire to see a full stadium and maximise ticket income for these high-profile fixtures but moving forward allocations have to be done on a basis which puts supporters first and without the time constraints we have seen here.

“We at Aberdeen are calling for more transparency within the game in Scotland. Our fans deserve to know these facts. We must put fans first. We sincerely hope the SPFL will have learnt from this experience and that we don’t see a repeat.”

Ah, I had read this and assumed it meant they sold east-end of the north first. 

Aberdeen are on another collision course with the SPFL amid claims they have sabotaged the sell-out chances of the Betfred Cup semi-final.

Furious league bosses have written to the Dons to voice anger at a ticket-selling strategy that could see up to 10,000 Rangers fans miss out on the October 28 clash.

The SPFL instructed the Pittodrie club to sell tickets for the east stand at Hampden block by block, allowing unsold tickets to be returned to Rangers.

But Aberdeen have sided with their Red Army and refused to sell seats with the worst sight lines in the National Stadium to their most loyal supporters.

Aberdeen chairman Stewart Milne was left unimpressed over the semi-final farce (Image: SNS)

It’s understood the Dons have sold around 10,000 tickets from their allocation of 20,300 and decided to offer fans the best views from the middle section of each block.

Now swathes of seats could go unsold, with segregation impossible, costing the four semi-finalists a cut of an additional six-figure sum.

Aberdeen declined to comment but a Pittodrie insider said: “No club worth its salt would consider selling the worst tickets to those who stepped up to buy them first. It makes no business sense and is not a fair way to treat our supporters.

0_JS159151004.jpg
The two teams will meet at Hampden

“Fans would have held back buying tickets until the best seats eventually became available.”

Rangers, with their 26,000 allocation already snapped up, declined to comment, as did the SPFL although their strength of feeling has been outlined in their letter amid suggestions it could become a disciplinary issue.

The Dons stance follows chairman Stewart Milne’s call for talks with the SPFL and SFA and for greater transparency in dealing with clubs and fans.

2 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Not pulling their punches but unfortunately , as ever , the Glasgow media doesn't give a crap. Sweep, sweep. 

Only 28 sporadic tickets remaining in all of the lower sections. 

Been a long time so I'm a bit rusty...

ALL LOWER: 28

S2-S14: 123

S16: 98

S18: 286

Total remaining for sale: 535

If above is correct and Section W10 is indeed sold out, we only have full sections S20 to W8 remaining to go on sale and to add to the above total. 

Just now, Strachsuit said:

Only 28 sporadic tickets remaining in all of the lower sections. 

Been a long time so I'm a bit rusty...

ALL LOWER: 28

S2-S14: 123

S16: 98

S18: 286

Total remaining for sale: 535

If above is correct and Section W10 is indeed sold out, we only have full sections S20 to W8 remaining to go on sale and to add to the above total. 

W1 not on sale yet

7 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

W1 not on sale yet

Ah! I did wonder that. 

Based on very, very rough calculations of the areas to be released, there are possibly 5200 seats yet to go on sale. Added to the total of 535 of available seats, it would mean we have sold over 24,000 and have less than 6,000 tickets remaining. 

Fantastic effort!

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, Strachsuit said:

Ah! I did wonder that. 

Based on very, very rough calculations of the areas to be released, there are possibly 5200 seats yet to go on sale. Added to the total of 535 of available seats, it would mean we have sold over 24,000 and have less than 6,000 tickets remaining. 

Fantastic effort!

I can't see that but anything over 22000 would be fantastic

1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

I can't see that but anything over 22000 would be fantastic

Several people saying we've sold in the region of 5,000 tickets today, Scott. We had sold over 18k by last night so if that 5k figure is accurate, we must be at least over 23k! I too would be pleasantly surprised but etickets looks like a lot sold since I last looked.

That said, there is the caveat that I have absolutely no idea what the total is for the remaining areas. Very much a back-of-the-fag-packet guess as to how many are in each of those unreleased sections! 

scott herbertson
Just now, Strachsuit said:

Several people saying we've sold in the region of 5,000 tickets today, Scott. We had sold over 18k by last night so if that 5k figure is accurate, we must be at least over 23k! I too would be pleasantly surprised but etickets looks like a lot sold since I last looked.

That said, there is the caveat that I have absolutely no idea what the total is for the remaining areas. Very much a back-of-the-fag-packet guess as to how many are in each of those unreleased sections! 

yeah - I just find it hard to believe we have sold that many. Great if we have but I am cautious by nature

Hackney Hearts
1 minute ago, Strachsuit said:

I have absolutely no idea what the total is for the remaining areas. Very much a back-of-the-fag-packet guess as to how many are in each of those unreleased sections! 

The 4 Upper West ones are huge - about 1,100 in each I think? W1 probably about 800. So that's 5,200, plus S20 which is much smaller, about 500. So I'd say you're not far out - 5,700+ in the unopened sections. With over 500 left in the sections currently selling, that means roughly 6,300 left to sell. Lots of caveats about reserved blocks not showing on eTickets, not knowing exactly what's been sold at the TO, etc....

But I'm guessing we've shifted over 23,500 so far.

2 hours ago, Toggie88 said:

I think I possibly have. 

Updated. 

AB06BE53-40EA-42A7-9399-BC1AF3B10D80.jpeg

Will the Big Flag have to be rolled up over the top of  everybody?

There will be no space for it on its own for sure.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Texia said:

23000 sold now according to Hearts twitter. 

5000 since this morning.

As at 3pm

4 minutes ago, Texia said:

5000 since this morning.

and they normally understate, so probably getting closer to 24K

Hackney Hearts
3 minutes ago, Texia said:

5000 since this morning.

That was the figure "inside the first 6 hours of general sale" - i.e. up to 3pm.

By now we're probably quite close to my estimate of 23,500.  Chuffed!

scott herbertson

I stand corrected on my previous cautious predictions - 23000 is INCREDIBLE

Can't wait for the day itself. Biggest Hearts supporter crowd for a domestic game in Edinburgh for many years

13 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

The 4 Upper West ones are huge - about 1,100 in each I think? W1 probably about 800. So that's 5,200, plus S20 which is much smaller, about 500. So I'd say you're not far out - 5,700+ in the unopened sections. With over 500 left in the sections currently selling, that means roughly 6,300 left to sell. Lots of caveats about reserved blocks not showing on eTickets, not knowing exactly what's been sold at the TO, etc....

But I'm guessing we've shifted over 23,500 so far.

All sounds about right! Judging on what the club have said, it's looking very healthy. I still expect us to be slightly short of completely selling out. Anything over 25k is excellent and anything close to 30k is outstanding.

I just wonder what Celtic fans are thinking given their views on how we 'ruined' the chance for some of their fans to attend by daring to sell tickets right next to them

Video Celts where are you

joondalupjambo
59 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Can’t be far off the 23,000 mark, would expect we’ll make 25,000, think a lot of more casual fans will purchase their tickets the week of the game once the media build up starts.

Whoa nobody told me that more casuals were going, that could mean trouble ahead.  Need to keep our wits about us boys ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

After Saturday maybe Sunday it will slow down 

There will be none left 

23k* sold so far is a superb effort, well done all :2thumbsup: .

* I predicted 20/21k so happy to be wrong on this one.

coatbridgejambo

getting 2 tomorrow. still think we will sell a few more yet. do we have a cut off point on sales ?

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

Happily proved wrong :yas:

Yes I am.  Hope I’m wrong and we get more than 25,000 now.