Poor ickle snowflake

i8hibsh

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Of course it may be if it is a function of mental or psychological disability or depression or other mental illness.

See my post above.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Bridge of Djoum

• Ulysses

• Francis Albert

6 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I did say by definition.

Freudian?

Fair enough. Ill leave it at that ? 

Got to many mates who served in the  Army and I know better not to argue as they are all mental but good guys nonetheless.

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

https://www.webmd.com/anxiety-panic/features/is-shyness-mental-disorder

"The condition has been officially recognized as a psychiatric disorder since 1980." 

webmd has it's critics but i'll accept this. 

Disorder is the same as disability?

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

9 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Not doubting your story but I have never met someone who has served in the Armed forces refer to themselves as warriors. They are usually far more humble than that. 

It was a strange comment. Any self respecting decent person respects our troops. I don't need to be told or indeed wish to be told to respect them, so not sure why he felt the need to play that card. Many people everyday do work that I have nothing but respect for and soldiers are most certainly up there. He conducts himself on here in a very non soldier like way as he is all about attack. 

Bridge of Djoum

Shyness will be catagorised as a disability and I can give up work and live off benefits for the rest of my life. Sounds good to me, bring it on! Shyness and social phobia are in fact two separate problems. Shy people usually have no problem attending social events, but find it hard to engage with people one-on-one.Mar 4, 2008

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Shyness will be catagorised as a disability and I can give up work and live off benefits for the rest of my life. Sounds good to me, bring it on! Shyness and social phobia are in fact two separate problems. Shy people usually have no problem attending social events, but find it hard to engage with people one-on-one.Mar 4, 2008

Mocking people with a disability really?????????????????

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It was a strange comment. Any self respecting decent person respects our troops. I don't need to be told or indeed wish to be told to respect them, so not sure why he felt the need to play that card. Many people everyday do work that I have nothing but respect for and soldiers are most certainly up there. He conducts himself on here in a very non soldier like way as he is all about attack. 

At which point did I mention I was in the army?

I want redm to answer my question. Hypothetical of course but I am curious if she believes the girl in question would have made this video if Ryan Reynolds or David Beckham wrote 'that note'. I am certain we all have the same answer but I am also certain some people wont admit it.

9 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

If they don't make stuff up, what argument do they have?

3 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

At which point did I mention I was in the army?

I took it as armed forces. Was assuming you were not a war correspondent for ITN.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

If they don't make stuff up, what argument do they have?

I think it equates to this...

Image result for wibble

Just now, Ulysses said:

Or else what?  You'll call her names?  :rofl:

Would never do that to a lady 

Just now, i8hibsh said:

I took it as armed forces. Was assuming you were not a war correspondent for ITN.

BBC I suspect:yes:

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

However, I think the best and easiest solution would be to work on the inadequacies in yourself rather than pass creepy notes to absolute strangers.

Ach I broadly agree, but you know, some women actually quite like the idea of what he did (I've discussed this with several today). Maybe in the world that this guy inhabits and the experiences he's had throughout his daily life this sort of behaviour is entirely acceptable.

Clearly she thought otherwise!

On the other hand, maybe he really is a creepy weirdo who was going full-on Vic Reeves on her for the entire train journey and that's what initially creeped her out.

HollowCapitalBeagle-max-1mb.gif

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, i8hibsh said:

You took it correctly.

I'll go ahead and assume you think everyone in the Armed Forces is a soldier.

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, merrymac said:

BBC I suspect:yes:

Where's my apology for claiming I was mocking the disabled?

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Would never do that to a lady 

Sorry, I meant to say call her names and then pretend you didn't.  :whistling: 

Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

Where's my apology for claiming I was mocking the disabled?

As I can tell its very very important to you.

I humbly and unequivocally apologise.

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Ach I broadly agree, but you know, some women actually quite like the idea of what he did (I've discussed this with several today). Maybe in the world that this guy inhabits and the experiences he's had throughout his daily life this sort of behaviour is entirely acceptable.

On the other hand, maybe he really is a creepy weirdo who was going full-on Vic Reeves on her for the entire train journey and that's what initially creeped her out.

Haha. I never thought of that.

In all seriousness and to nutshell all of this, his intentions were more than likely innocent, if not awkward. She still maintains the right to feel uneasy about the incident. Taking to social media may seem an over-reaction but if it helps to highlight behaviors we may feel are harmless but in reality people do feel uncomfortable with, I think it served a purpose. 

13 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

PTSD.

A "disorder" but would people be so quick to condem him if he suffered from a better know and accepted "disorder"? 

Of course this is purely semantics but I think she's over looked a few possible reasons for his action. 

2 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

You took it correctly.

I'll go ahead and assume you think everyone in the Armed Forces is a soldier.

Jeez, give it a break. Why so pedantic. No, but a cook etc would hardly be a "warrior" - your words not mine. You described yourself by definition as a warrior. Perhaps not overly 'out there' to have imagined you in the combats and machine gun.

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Shyness is a very attractive characteristic in both men and women. 

Agreed. It may also of course be a symptom of some psychiatric or personality disorder.

But obviously not if your are a man on a train sitting opposite a self-publicising woman.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, merrymac said:

As I can tell its very very important to you.

I humbly and unequivocally apologise.

Cheers man. Obviously it was tongue in cheek. 

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

PTSD.

A "disorder" but would people be so quick to condem him if he suffered from a better know and accepted "disorder"? 

Of course this is purely semantics but I think she's over looked a few possible reasons for his action. 

Yes, very fair.

JudyJudyJudy

dont know about anyone else but when someone says " smile" to me i feel like belting them in the pus.  annoys me 

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Agreed. It may also of course be a symptom of some psychiatric or personality disorder.

But obviously not if your are a man on a train sitting opposite a self-publicising woman.

Mind in the days of innocence getting your pal to go over to a girl at the disco and saying my pal fancies you. A simple yes or no sufficed. Now it is public shaming and faux outrage on a world stage to reply. Thanks social media.

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

dont know about anyone else but when someone says " smile" to me i feel like belting them in the pus.  annoys me 

How about saying cheese then?

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

In all seriousness and to nutshell all of this, his intentions were more than likely innocent, if not awkward. She still maintains the right to feel uneasy about the incident. Taking to social media may seem an over-reaction but if it helps to highlight behaviors we may feel are harmless but in reality people do feel uncomfortable with, I think it served a purpose. 

Not going to argue with any of that. ?

17 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Oh, **** it.  :laugh:

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Also, I think it'd be interesting for the man to come out and explain his actions. 

I am very curious to see him but alas her public humiliation of him may prevent it.

We can eliminate Ryan Reynolds and David Beckham tho

Edited by i8hibsh

JudyJudyJudy

it was crass , immature and fairly niave  attempt at chatting her up.  She has a right to her own feelings about it. She has hardly "humiliated"  him.  Unless hes a " snowflake"     Often makes me laugh when i have heard those attempts by  men when chatting up women. My straight friends delights in telling me of his " scoring " with " burds" On Tinder. His opening line seems to work with a high  percentage of cases. its seems..its " hiya cheeky" !!!!!

October-18-2011-20-12-49-DoubleFacePalm.jpg.2f396c109505bd07dbb73d0d16c2c059.jpg

9 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Also, I think it'd be interesting for the man to come out and explain his actions. 

Especially if his name happened to rhyme with Fridge of Room, Loo Lee Sees, or MyLateRibSh.  :eek::runaway:

Governor Tarkin
17 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Vic Reeves is about as funny as getting ur baws nailed to a wooden floor.

Being devoid of baws, this is an ordeal which you will never have to endure. ?

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

Especially if his name happened to rhyme with Fridge of Room, Loo Lee Sees, or MyLateRibSh.  :eek::runaway:

I have an alibi.

I was following women down the Hudson River Parkway, quietly slipping notes into their backpacks just saying ''call me'' attached to a picture of my penis.

Damn my shyness!!

6 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

It seems to me it is just possible that this bloke on this train may have his own problems. He may be desperately lonely, mentally disabled or disturbed in some way, and being "outed" on social media as a creepy weirdo for perhaps in his mind an innocent or kind gesture might tip him into a darker place.

But hey let's just string him up (figuratively speaking at least).

According to the account the young women gave on her video statement of the encounter the man had already left the train before she read the note.

If he had any creepy intentions he would he would have stayed around to see her reaction.

Anyway a very unwise thing to do in this day and age.

He hasn't committed any crime just been a bit nieve imo.

I'm glad I'm past the dating and chatting up girls stage as the world seems to be a dangerous place for young people.

All those nights spent after pub closing time at the Plaza or Cavendish trying to get a click turns out I would now be classed as a sex pest to modern thinkers. 

That was how most couples met up before the Internet, actually speaking to one another.

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

According to the account the young women gave on her video statement of the encounter the man had already left the train before she read the note.

If he had any creepy intentions he would he would have stayed around to see her reaction.

I'm glad I'm past the dating and chatting up girls stage as the world seems to be a dangerous place for young people.

All those nights spent after pub closing time at the Plaza or Cavendish trying to get a click turns out I would now be classed as a sex pest to modern thinkers. 

That was how most couples met up before the Internet, actually speaking to one another.

Yes always feel that was the best way to meet someone ( in a bar face to face) not like now with all the social media and apps. Im glad I lived through the 80s 90s era. You either fancied them or not and actually conversed. 

Bridge of Djoum
7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes always feel that was the best way to meet someone ( in a bar face to face) not like now with all the social media and apps. Im glad I lived through the 80s 90s era. You either fancied them or not and actually conversed. 

This was very much akin to my efforts back in those times...

Image result for inbetweeners dancing gif

10 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I think on the contrary her make up combined with her ridiculous affected way of speech would see most men (people in fact) running a mile.

That may be unkind but it's what you invite by this sort of silly social media activity.

Haven't watched it, more a observation of the thinking of some suspects on here. 

4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Maybe he should ask for a job with your mate Trump. Supreme court judge? 

Edited by ri Alban

Ron Burgundy
9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I want redm to answer my question. Hypothetical of course but I am curious if she believes the girl in question would have made this video if Ryan Reynolds or David Beckham wrote 'that note'. I am certain we all have the same answer but I am also certain some people wont admit it.

Nail on the head.

Good looking guy with a bit of cash = secret admirer

Wee spotty guy on way to work at PC World =  creepy weirdo.

25 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Nail on the head.

Good looking guy with a bit of cash = secret admirer

Wee spotty guy on way to work at PC World =  creepy weirdo.

Seemingly thinking that means we have contempt for women.

Another day, more reputation and career threatening accusations from the far left.

Edited by i8hibsh