Champions League 2018/19

Morgan

9 minutes ago, vasco said:

It would be great if Ajax got to the final in Madrid,  50 years after their first final in.............Madrid.

Did they win it ?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Morgan

• CJGJ

• The Internet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

shaun.lawson
11 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Nor i, stinking side that have no business being in a champions league semi final.

Ridiculous comment. They're very very far from a 'stinking side' when their players are fit. Which they're not. There's players out there tonight who are barely 50% fit, and running on fumes.

Fair play to Ajax though. They're not impregnable, but they're bloody amazing to watch. Only a side with as much energy as them can stop them - which fortunately, Liverpool are. Barring the impossible in the second half, it should be some final.

More broadly: something is wrong at Tottenham behind the scenes. I'd never previously thought Poch would leave. I'm starting to think he might well now. This physical collapse is because their squad is nothing like strong enough - which all goes back to Levy - and Eriksen looks like he's off. It he goes, Poch goes, I suspect.

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Not good. Spurs have played some alright stuff but miss Kane hugely. People go on about this Ajax team attacking but their defensive play is superb, they never look flustered. If De Ligt continues to develop his play we, in my opinion, are looking at the successor to Beckenbaeur. He really looks that good. 

Boy’s only 19 as well.

An outrageous talent.

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Not good. Spurs have played some alright stuff but miss Kane hugely. People go on about this Ajax team attacking but their defensive play is superb, they never look flustered. If De Ligt continues to develop his play we, in my opinion, are looking at the successor to Beckenbaeur. He really looks that good. 

They look great defensively. Rightfully they get plaudits for the attack but they are so calm and composed at the back it gives their midfield so much more space.

De Ligt is a Colossus. 

shaun.lawson
19 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Son has flunked it so far tonight.

Frustrating player.

Nah, he used to be. Not this season at all. I took his very uncharacteristic behaviour at the weekend as another sign something is really wrong there behind the scenes. 

Tennant's  6's
2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Did they win it ?

Nope. Hopefully they do this time though 

Also it’s a complete mystery what has happened to Trippier recently. I never thought I’d be desperate for Serge Aurier to get fit. 

shaun.lawson
Just now, Boab said:

Boy’s only 19 as well.

An outrageous talent.

Takes me back, all this. Not just to their ridiculously brilliant 1995 side. But to when, in the mid and late-90s, everyone was raving about their academy, their conveyor belt. Nobody seemed able to compete with them in how they brought young players through.

It's the most wondrous thing that it's happening again, even in this far more plutocratic world. De Jong can do everything, absolutely everything! 

shaun.lawson
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Also it’s a complete mystery what has happened to Trippier recently. I never thought I’d be desperate for Serge Aurier to get fit. 

Holding his groin in the first half. Some of the Spurs players haven't had a rest in 2 years, and it's showing.

4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

They look great defensively. Rightfully they get plaudits for the attack but they are so calm and composed at the back it gives their midfield so much more space.

De Ligt is a Colossus. 

blinds experience has such a calming effect on their defence 

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Totally agree.

Looking forward to the final with the 2 most entertaining sides in Europe, IMO.

Looks like Poch will be staying after all......

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino has hinted he could leave the club if they win the Champions League this year.

He says he could not "repeat the miracle" of winning it with Spurs, who face Ajax on Wednesday trailing 1-0 from the semi-final first leg.

"To win in these circumstances this season, maybe I need to think about maybe doing something different in the future," said Pochettino.

Asked if he was serious about possibly leaving, he said: "It's not a joke."

He added: "Winning the Champions League? It should be fantastic, no? Close the five-year chapter and go home.

I backed 3 Spurs players to be red carded:

K Trippier

40/1

D Rose

20/1

D Alli

25/1

1 of the above will walk.

Sooperstar
27 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Can’t believe folk were tipping Spurs!

It's like they haven't watched Ajax in the CL this season, or Spurs in the last few weeks. The final should be a great game, not the often cagey affair we are used to.

5 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Holding his groin in the first half. Some of the Spurs players haven't had a rest in 2 years, and it's showing.

That doesn’t explain the last few weeks. 

Just now, Jamdub said:

K Trippier

40/1

D Rose

20/1

D Alli

25/1

well they are not doing any running

:look: 

Mr Elwood P
13 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Ridiculous comment. They're very very far from a 'stinking side' when their players are fit. Which they're not. There's players out there tonight who are barely 50% fit, and running on fumes.

Fair play to Ajax though. They're not impregnable, but they're bloody amazing to watch. Only a side with as much energy as them can stop them - which fortunately, Liverpool are. Barring the impossible in the second half, it should be some final.

More broadly: something is wrong at Tottenham behind the scenes. I'd never previously thought Poch would leave. I'm starting to think he might well now. This physical collapse is because their squad is nothing like strong enough - which all goes back to Levy - and Eriksen looks like he's off. It he goes, Poch goes, I suspect.

Spurs are pish. Won 1 of their last 10 away games. Man City must be spinning. Remember folk tipping them as title contenders! 

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

K Trippier

40/1

D Rose

20/1

D Alli

25/1

Doubt it!

8 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Probably checking if he has a pair of balls after his pathetic attempts at both Ajax goals.

7 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Takes me back, all this. Not just to their ridiculously brilliant 1995 side. But to when, in the mid and late-90s, everyone was raving about their academy, their conveyor belt. Nobody seemed able to compete with them in how they brought young players through.

It's the most wondrous thing that it's happening again, even in this far more plutocratic world. De Jong can do everything, absolutely everything! 

I must have a few years on you, Shaun, as I remember...just....the great team of the early 70’s. Maybe too young to fully understand what I was watching but everyone wanted to be Cruyff at school !

Everyone !

?

Bazzas right boot

Put £10 spurs at ht

18-1

Some goal, that. 

Bazzas right boot

Ajax don't know what to do. 

Defend and counter. 

Play their natural way. 

Previously they've just attacked. 

Look a bit lost 

The Internet
22 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

According to the Guardian, Messi broke down in tears in the changing room then got picked for a random drugs test so the Barça bus ****ed off to the airport without him.

What a bloody shame.

:lol:

Why do you hate him so much? I get he's probably overpopular and that's part of it but he's the most inoffensive top player around. Some people seem to love any opportunity to put him down.

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Can’t believe folk were tipping Spurs!

:levein_interesting:

Bazzas right boot

Ajax can go back to their normal game now, might suit them now. 

This seasons Champions league ties have on the whole been fantastic viewing

It might be time to give Spurs a little credit for getting back into the game...amazing what just going for it does

Can they keep it up ?

Almost  a fourth...guess it will be end to end until the finish

Bazzas right boot

C'mon you spurs. 

£90 is a my Saturday line. 

:oconnor:

Stephane Grappelli
13 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

:lol:

Why do you hate him so much? I get he's probably overpopular and that's part of it but he's the most inoffensive top player around. Some people seem to love any opportunity to put him down.

I don't hate him but I do hate Barça and I suppose he's the poster boy for the club.  Also think he's not quite the "squeaky clean, team before individual" person that people think.  

The way the Barça PR department depicts him and the club is second to none.  Even if the reality is far from that.

Not disputing his talent though.  Arguably the best there's ever been.

Brighton Jambo

These semi finals have been amazing viewing.  The quarterfinals were great too.  I can’t remember a more enjoyable champions league year.  

Off the post and that would have killed it but Spurs live to fight on

Ajax sitting deeper and just inviting the pressure

Edited by CJGJ