Champions League 2018/19

Morgan

gashauskis9

Another good omen - an English team guaranteed to win it.  Last time an English team won it??? ?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Morgan

• CJGJ

• The Internet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mikey1874

Similar to Liverpool, Spurs have a load of players who don't seem good enough at this level. 

But they do it. 

The Internet

Absolute sickener for Ajax, imagine how their fans feel. Unbelievable second half from Spurs though, delighted for Pochettino.

That was incredible. 

What a week for CL football. 

You'll still have some folk on here say they'd close the curtains if those games were in their garden though. 

Two teams in the CL final we have played in recent years as well. 

Sexton Hardcastle

Mind when half this board claimed they didn’t even watch champions league as it was a load of shite.

kickback levels.

Gutted for Ajax but Spurs played an incredible second half.

What a game of football. Brilliant.

The champions league has been incredible again!!

Nookie Bear

1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

Ridiculous comment. They're very very far from a 'stinking side' when their players are fit. Which they're not. There's players out there tonight who are barely 50% fit, and running on fumes.

Fair play to Ajax though. They're not impregnable, but they're bloody amazing to watch. Only a side with as much energy as them can stop them - which fortunately, Liverpool are. Barring the impossible in the second half, it should be some final.

More broadly: something is wrong at Tottenham behind the scenes. I'd never previously thought Poch would leave. I'm starting to think he might well now. This physical collapse is because their squad is nothing like strong enough - which all goes back to Levy - and Eriksen looks like he's off. It he goes, Poch goes, I suspect.

More pish from Montevideo:rofl: 

John Findlay

Final to be held in a stadium with a capacity of 67,000. Allocation of tickets to both finalists 16,631. That's less than half the capacity. ****ing disgraceful.

1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Another good omen - an English team guaranteed to win it.  Last time an English team won it??? ?

We had more fans than their cup parade ?

jambo-fletch

These two semi finals have been incredible! Will go down in the History books.

1971fozzy
Just now, John Findlay said:

Final to be held in a stadium with a capacity of 67,000. Allocation of tickets to both finalists 16,631. That's less than half the capacity. ****ing disgraceful.

scandalous . Full of sponsors and money men

shaun.lawson
6 minutes ago, Boab said:

Great applause at the end and quite right.

Shame that Ajax side will be broken up now !

Yes, massively. And those fans were incredible. At 2-2, so many other home supports would've gone quiet. Ajax fans just carried on making the most cacophonous din. And the applause after Mora's third... that was special. Beautiful, even.

I've been watching football - I've been watching professional sport - for over 30 years, and talking constant shite about it for almost as long. But I've never seen anything as good as this season's Champions League. It's absolutely unbelievable on every possible level.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

**** me everytime , theres something wrong behind the scenes....

???

So all the people salivating over a Liverpool - Ajax final? 

Spurs, shit at leagues good at cups. It’s always been the way. 

11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Missing it again tonight. 

Much happening?

No’ much.

Just average, like I told you last night.

You didn’t miss much.

Thommo414
11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

First all English final. 

Man U v Chelsea 2008?

Never mind, I've spotted the other post

Edited by Thommo414

Just now, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Where's that pro levein mug that's been comparing us to spurs? Haha

What are you even talking about?

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, sadj said:

**** me everytime , theres something wrong behind the scenes....

???

Aye, but enough about Lawson. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

People talk about Liverpool but Spurs name is on this thing.

Between Aguero missing the pen VAR and now a goal 10 secs from the end.

Incredible. Just astounded by the games. 

Group matches do this tournament a serious disservice 

shaun.lawson
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

As always.

Whatever I say, the opposite will happen. If I were to write "after hubris comes nemesis", you should put your house on nemesis coming first.

I wouldn't be too wide if I were you though. You told a flat out lie earlier in this thread. You're "Hearts only"? So why are there posts on you on this forum openly supporting Stoke and calling them 'we'? 

Robbo-Jambo

Remarkable that spurs and Liverpool actually done it without their main strikers playing!! 

2 minutes ago, jambo-fletch said:

These two semi finals have been incredible! Will go down in the History books.

There has never been two better semi-finals than these.

Absolutely brilliant.

Inch Hearts

Best couple of champions league semi finals ever.  In fact probably the best couple of nights football ever. 

2 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Mind when half this board claimed they didn’t even watch champions league as it was a load of shite.

kickback levels.

I have never changed my view that selling out the Champs League by playing group stages to get maximum corporate exposure, plus ridiculous qualification, is wrong.

This week reminds me when a knockout European tournament was the best. It used to be, and when it becomes knockout, it recovers that magic !

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

No’ much.

Just average, like I told you last night.

You didn’t miss much.

Its feckin ridiculous. I have BT Sport and enjoy watching the CL. 

Except this week, when I’m away. 

“Staycations”. Arse. 

1 minute ago, Homme said:

That was incredible. 

What a week for CL football. 

You'll still have some folk on here say they'd close the curtains if those games were in their garden though. 

Two teams in the CL final we have played in recent years as well. 

We were uneaten at WHL and Annfield ?

On topic two fantastic matches in 24 hours .

I cashed out on my 2-2 draw just before Spurs winner. One of these nights when you just knew there would be another goal.

Just now, luckydug said:

I cashed out on my 2-2 draw just before Spurs winner. One of these nights when you just knew there would be another goal.

The Ajax keeper getting booked for time wasting won me my bet builder at 20s so I'm chuffed! 

Sexton Hardcastle
1 minute ago, Boab said:

I have never changed my view that selling out the Champs League by playing group stages to get maximum corporate exposure, plus ridiculous qualification, is wrong.

This week reminds me when a knockout European tournament was the best. It used to be, and when it becomes knockout, it recovers that magic !

Mind when they used to have two group stages.

heartsfc_fan

Can't believe it.

If anything that was more impressive than last night.

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

So you cashed out on one of those nights where you knew there was going to be another goal ?

Have you spotted the flaw in your statement

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

To be fair being unbeaten at Annfield is no big deal. Anfield however. 

1 minute ago, 1rousset said:

Two Astonishing games-quite incredible 

Unbelievable eh? 

Can't wait for our televised match on Friday :lol:

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Its feckin ridiculous. I have BT Sport and enjoy watching the CL. 

Except this week, when I’m away. 

“Staycations”. Arse. 

Get yersel’ home for the final.

I’m bloody well fed up giving you reports.

:wink: 

shaun.lawson
1 minute ago, Boab said:

This is fair comment. I find (most of) the group stages unwatchable... albeit this season, Tottenham's constant miracles started there. 

There's been a lot of talk in the last couple of years of scrapping the away goals rule. I really hope they don't. I think it adds to the psychology of these amazing two legged contests hugely.

Then there's the four automatic spots for England, Spain, Germany and Italy. This is simultaneously very unjust on everyone else... but it reflects what people want to see. All the big clubs from all those countries battling it out on epic nights. There's still the chance for someone else to emerge, as Ajax have shown. Plus the four automatic places should, I hope, steadily help Serie A recover its former prominence: which is definitely a good thing.

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

Ridiculous comment. They're very very far from a 'stinking side' when their players are fit. Which they're not. There's players out there tonight who are barely 50% fit, and running on fumes.

Fair play to Ajax though. They're not impregnable, but they're bloody amazing to watch. Only a side with as much energy as them can stop them - which fortunately, Liverpool are. Barring the impossible in the second half, it should be some final.

More broadly: something is wrong at Tottenham behind the scenes. I'd never previously thought Poch would leave. I'm starting to think he might well now. This physical collapse is because their squad is nothing like strong enough - which all goes back to Levy - and Eriksen looks like he's off. It he goes, Poch goes, I suspect.

The game is all about levels. Tadic, the key man for them stopped running the show and missed chances, but what was he in England? A few games aside he was nothing there. Quality and great management told. Eriksson had a poor game, yes I think from his downbeat interview after one of the comebacks of all time you may well be right

I agree about Ajax though, technically they are impressive. You watched them most of them are two footed which is excellent so they have a future

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

To be fair being unbeaten at Annfield is no big deal. Anfield however. 

Was trying to place Annfield - Stirling Albion ??

Sexton Hardcastle
1 minute ago, Der Kaiser said:

Football.....sometimes it really is just great to watch.

But but but long balls. Hoof.

shaun.lawson
3 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Mind when they used to have two group stages.

Ridiculous. Then the biggest clubs whined and threatened to break away when UEFA made a rare very good decision and just expanded the knockout stages. 

Well if spurs and Liverpool can pull off the unthinkable surely Hearts have a chance in Our cup final ????

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Boab said:

Posted similar just a moment ago.

Group matches do this tournament a serious disservice. 

I only watch from the last 16 these days. Spanish domination could be over for some time. The World League of Englandshire is going to dominate.

Most likely 2 all English finals. Burnley the only team not to reach the QF and Man United the only other team to get beat from a foreign side