Champions League 2018/19

Morgan

shaun.lawson
5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Barca v PSG

Liverpool v Milan

Liverpool v Barca

Roma v Liverpool

thats the order of how brilliant/amazing the turnarounds have been , would put Man Utd v Juve in there although slightly different in terms of deficit

I'd relegate Barca-PSG all the way down to 4th given they cheated, this was still Barca at Camp Nou, and PSG have never done it in Europe. At all.

Roma-Barca was astonishing because Roma had never done anything like that before, and their side really wasn't that special. I'd probably put tonight top - but that's just recency bias. 

Until tonight, Juve-Man Utd '99 was the greatest performance I'd ever seen from an English side in Europe. It's not now. 

Edited by shaun.lawson

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Morgan

• CJGJ

• The Internet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Barca v PSG

Liverpool v Milan

Liverpool v Barca

Roma v Liverpool

thats the order of how brilliant/amazing the turnarounds have been , would put Man Utd v Juve in there although slightly different in terms of deficit

Away from home though. 

Group CL is drivel knockouts intoxication 

shaun.lawson
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I fancy Spurs actually. 2 all "English " finals.

Managed by a German an Argentinian,  a Spaniard and Italian. 

All arseholes at a World Cup of course that should feel lucky to be on the same field as the fine English chaps

Well - wholly unlike when the PL was last dominating things, England have a good side now as well. :o And the reason we've improved so much is far less to do with Southgate (much as I love him) than Guardiola, Klopp and Poch.  

Edited by shaun.lawson

Haringshairband
1 minute ago, Hairdryer said:

I don't know about that it's just acknowledging a fantastic comeback and good football 

Probably didn't word that quite right. People actually on my Facebook claiming to be Liverpool fans who were born and bred in Saughton actually celebrating as if it was Hearts who just reached a champions league final. I acknowledge it was fantastic football, I just can't get that passionate as they're not my team.

I’ve never liked Liverpool, can’t really explain why. ***** like Suarez and Gerrard have certainly played a role in that.

Always pleased to see Barcelona lose, though. Particularly when ***** like Suarez are playing for them. And really good to see them lose like that. Seeing Barca fans crying is simply laughable. Well done Liverpool.

Definitely don’t like Spurs.

Always had a soft spot for Ajax.

Just now, Jammy T said:

There is no comparison at all between Hearts and Liverpool and Tynecastle and Anfield.

To try and make one to make a limp dick point is pathetic.

Go support the big boys if you want a great Champs league semi final night.

I've experienced a better atmosphere Meadowbank thistle than some of the games at home this season. That's my point. Nothing to do with a comparison or wanting to support a "big" team. Now who's being a dick! 

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Wonder who CJGJ supported that night ?

Probably had his half and half scarf on.

Ah the old days with the half and half Hearts and Liverpool ski hats

When watching Liverpool win the European Cup I'm pretty sure I took that with me to Paris

I've seen Liverpool win the European Cup live, League cup finals live, attended Milk cup finals etc etc

I have a family connection with the club and do like to go and watch them but I'm born and bred in Edinburgh and my first love is Hearts

I am lucky though that my mum and dad let me stay up late to read some of the posts on here......At their age I just watch it upstairs knowing they can't manage the stairs to tell me off

shaun.lawson
11 minutes ago, graygo said:

:clyay:

I know, I know. Whoosh Shaun, whoosh. :facepalm:

It's a pain that never ends. :( 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, shaun.lawson said:

Well - wholly unlike when the PL was last dominating things, England have a good side now as well. :o And the reason we've improved so much is far less to do with Southgate (much as I love him) as Guardiola, Klopp and Poch.  

I'll wait until you have a harder run before passing judgement. A bit like Hearts Scottish Cup run the World Cup. All things considered 

1874robbo
2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

When watching Liverpool win the European Cup I'm pretty sure I took that with me to Paris

I've seen Liverpool win the European Cup live, League cup finals live, attended Milk cup finals etc etc

I have a family connection with the club and do like to go and watch them but I'm born and bred in Edinburgh and my first love is Hearts

I am lucky though that my mum and dad let me stay up late to read some of the posts on here......At their age I just watch it upstairs knowing they can't manage the stairs to tell me off

You still up?

Bazzas right boot

So all CL needs to do is copy Liverpool. 

Knowing him, he'll go and try and copy Barca, arse that he is!

shaun.lawson
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I'll wait until you have a harder run before passing judgement. A bit like Hearts Scottish Cup run the World Cup. All things considered 

Since when, we've beaten Croatia and Spain. We're a top four side now - and the only way is up.

We've bloody no chance in the Nations League mind, because most of the team will be half dead!

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not really we won our semi ?

Stephane Grappelli
1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

So all CL needs to do is copy Liverpool. 

Knowing him, he'll go and try and copy Barca, arse that he is!

Bit rich from a guy who thinks that Barça can still win the treble despite losing tonight.

13 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

Great game of football and well done to Liverpool. Still don't understand all the Scottish folk celebrating it like Liverpool are their first team.

One poster is so passionate about Liverpool he is abusing someone because they don't like Liverpool.

He's on the wrong fan site surely. 

2 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Bit rich from a guy who thinks that Barça can still win the treble despite losing tonight.

La Liga, Copa del Rey, Supercopa de España?

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

On a website, super cup, league, Cup. 

Domestic treble they called it. 

Sexton Hardcastle

Amazing how everyone supports Liverpool when they do good. The ultimate plastic fans. Worse than the old firm.

Still a cracking result mind.

If there's one good thing about Liverpool 'fans' it is that they are gracious in defeat and in victory...

9 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Do you have a family connection to The Rangers as well ?

I've noticed you quite like them too.

Congratulations Liverpool and Man City for giving us some fantastic football to watch this season .

now the whole country is looking forward to the old firm game on Sunday.?

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Tourist league team in a tourist European league.

Amazing come back though! 

Be interesting to see the number of ‘tourists’ in attendance. Looked like a pretty authentic Scouse support to me.

It should have been ten
22 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

The comment of an arsehole - go **** off to Anfield then numbnuts 

This ??

22 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

So sorry Anne, didn't mean to offend! ?

32834005-7B37-4E4C-B170-019C411AB333.thumb.jpeg.9c77743bb1ba71082ef4864cc7a60821.jpeg

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Do you have a family connection to The Rangers as well ?

I've noticed you quite like them too.

Where did you notice that..could you provide any posts to back that statement up ?

I'll give you to Xmas for you'll be looking for even one for quite a while......When you lose one discussion you move on to another..just give up for if more of you actually read my posts you'd see how accurate I am most of the time even if it goes against the crowd

It''s the old throw as much mud as you can and hope it sticks routine..........but it is old hat now

If you are weak of mind then it could bother some people but it really is water off a ducks back nowadays to me

Mikey1874
30 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

Hope Queen Anne watched that and enjoyed the football and atmosphere. ?

Yeah

And pleased we have similar fans who support their team 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, sadj said:

Not really we won our semi ?

Silly me  :blush:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

So when you consider Steven Gerrard has lived Liverpool. 

His comments in December. 

Tynecastle that's a real football stadium. 

Quite a compliment 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

This ??

32834005-7B37-4E4C-B170-019C411AB333.thumb.jpeg.9c77743bb1ba71082ef4864cc7a60821.jpeg

:ruiner:

Stephane Grappelli
13 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

On a website, super cup, league, Cup. 

Domestic treble they called it. 

They surely don't include the Super Cup?   Dunno if that's their desperation or yours.

Ye ragin' mate aye?

Just look at the belief in that Liverpool team. Every single player would die for their teammates and the fans. Giving 1000% every single game, never giving up. What I’d give to have that at Tynecastle. Don’t think we’ve had that since 98.  

Hairdryer
29 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

Probably didn't word that quite right. People actually on my Facebook claiming to be Liverpool fans who were born and bred in Saughton actually celebrating as if it was Hearts who just reached a champions league final. I acknowledge it was fantastic football, I just can't get that passionate as they're not my team.

Agree I was able to watch the match relaxed as I have no allegiance to either teams

Stephane Grappelli
17 minutes ago, redjambo said:

19 minutes ago, redjambo said:

They've been talking about the treble as league, Champions League and Copa del Rey.  If they were including the Super Cup it would be a quadruple.

Counting the Super Cup would be like an English Club counting the Charity Shield.  Which of course, they don't.

chester copperpot
39 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Strange. I've posted on this thread at least 5 times since the match finished!

I know, sorry mate. Needed to pick on someone. 

Sorry pal. Just need to ram it right up someone.

So Spurs tomorrow night...chances ?

Injuries have meant a difficult time for them but after tonight you cannot say they have no chance

Ajax have been wonderful to watch this season and in the first half at the new Spurs stadium..sorry The Tottenham Hotspur temporary name stadium

They have a couple of the best youngsters in Europe

Will they be committed to attack or will they try and hold on with the pressure the tie will bring ?

With a fully fit side I'd back Spurs even at 1-0 down but they will not be at full strength and in the last match the season seemed to be catching up with them but one big last push and who knows

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

So Spurs tomorrow night...chances ?

Injuries have meant a difficult time for them but after tonight you cannot say they have no chance

Ajax have been wonderful to watch this season and in the first half at the new Spurs stadium..sorry The Tottenham Hotspur temporary name stadium

They have a couple of the best youngsters in Europe

Will they be committed to attack or will they try and hold on with the pressure the tie will bring ?

With a fully fit side I'd back Spurs even at 1-0 down but they will not be at full strength and in the last match the season seemed to be catching up with them but one big last push and who knows

If Poch sends them out with 4 at the back they have a chance. If he tries the 3 again then he’s playing into their hands. I’d say it’s too hard to call as the game at the Lane was very much a game of two halves. 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

They surely don't include the Super Cup?   Dunno if that's their desperation or yours.

Ye ragin' mate aye?

Nah, I like klopp. 

Think they'll win it now. 

It was a website said quadruple off, treble on. I dunno, single, double treble, who cares.

Maybe A Madrid will give them more of a challenge next season tho, Barca are quite ordinary at times, Messi gets injured they'd be in trouble. 

Samuel Camazzola

Some result and I didn't see that coming. Heading back from a gig so haven't seen any of the goals etc. 

Hopefully Ajax can finish the job tomorrow and go on a win the final though. ? 

Most importantly, how many Liverpool players were burgled tonight? 

shaun.lawson
4 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Maybe A Madrid will give them more of a challenge next season tho

Doubt it. I think they're at the end of an era now. 

Barca vulnerable and unimpressive - and Valverde must be for the chop now; Atletico too old (so maybe Simeone might move on? Though I've always thought it'd be to Italy if he does); Madrid in transition, with ZZ surely wondering what he's got himself back into. Time for someone else to step up at last? If that doesn't happen, La Liga will fall behind. 

Mikey1874
2 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Some result and I didn't see that coming. Heading back from a gig so haven't seen any of the goals etc. 

Hopefully Ajax can finish the job tomorrow and go on a win the final though. ? 

Most importantly, how many Liverpool players were burgled tonight? 

Stephane Grappelli
10 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Nah, I like klopp. 

Think they'll win it now. 

It was a website said quadruple off, treble on. I dunno, single, double treble, who cares.

Maybe A Madrid will give them more of a challenge next season tho, Barca are quite ordinary at times, Messi gets injured they'd be in trouble. 

What have A Madrid got to do with it?  This is all about Barça getting turned over and Messi going missing yet again when they needed him most.

What team will Klop pick for the final after tonight’s momentous win? 

What an unenviable task that is.