Champions League 2018/19

Morgan

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

He couldn’t find Liverpool with his sat nav 

Oh poor poor you and 1874 robbo...is that all you've got

I'm going to cry with the pain your posts have given me.........................................................cry with Laughter?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Morgan

• CJGJ

• The Internet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stephane Grappelli
10 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

A rare win for real madrid fans this, fair play :clap:

No need to be salty my love.

Where exactly was Messi though? Surely if he's that good, it's games like tonight that he needs to show it the most?

Edited by Stephane Grappelli

shaun.lawson
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

So, what's your prediction?

I fancy Spurs to pull it out the bag tomorrow. With my record, sorry in advance! 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Considering we are on a Champions League thread I woud expect that...much as I would love it Hearts are still a bit way from that competition BUT we must work to get into it

???

Folk need to put down the glue when comparing this to Hearts. 

Theses teams put 6-9 goals past Celtic at this level. 

Ffs

Well played, Liverpool.

If only we could go back to two-leg ties like we used to have, these tournaments would be even better.

shaun.lawson
Just now, Stephane Grappelli said:

No leed to be salty my love.

Where exactly was Messi though? Surely if he's that good, it's games like tonight that he needs to show it the most?

Precisely. Which is why he absolutely is not the Greatest. When the going gets tough, Messi - genius though he undoubtedly is - goes missing. 

1874robbo
Just now, CJGJ said:

Oh poor poor you and 1874 robbo...is that all you've got

I'm going to cry with the pain your posts have given me.........................................................cry with Laughter?

Are you about 8 years old 

Unknown user
22 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

For those of us who have been witnessing Liverpool play in Europe since 1972. You never ever write them off at Anfield in European game no matter who the opposition are. They've beaten them all. Regardless of who you support they are a remarkable football club.

Well, nearly all

:verysmug:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Unbelievable. Never seen anything like it. Apart from Barcelona 6 PSG 1.

They say only cockroaches would survive a nuclear holocaust. Liverpool in Europe are not a bad comparison. 

Remember the time we had them on the rocks  :whistling:

1 minute ago, shaun.lawson said:

I fancy Spurs to pull it out the bag tomorrow. With my record, sorry in advance! 

Aw Jesus. Don't predict that.

6 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

More Grovelling...just look back at the comments in the first leg and now some are on here pretending to praise Liverpool when a week ago they had plenty of fun at their expense so now you reap what you sow  ?

Pre match there were a couple of posts aimed in my direction and yep I'm loving what happened

What you on about ?

You are a Hearts fan are you not ?

I can't stand any English teams but you have to praise Liverpool tonight.

Is it all right with you if I say Liverpool played well or do you have the monopoly on that ?

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

No leed to be salty my love.

Tbf, he was the only player that looked the part. 

Barca in general are quite ordinary, all the more remarkable that they shat all over the league and will Likley do the treble. 

Doesn't say much for the rest of the challengers. ?

chester copperpot

Seems sooperstar is rather quiet now.

Shame as would love to hear his post match synopsis over a brilliant Liverpool victory.

Quiet as usual. Stick to horse racing you mutant!

Just now, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Barca in general are quite ordinary, all the more remarkable that they shat all over the league and will Likley do the treble. 

The amazing thing about this Barcelona team when you watch them is that the seem to have no creative midfield players. Busquets used to be the holding player that let players like Xavi and Iniesta do their magic, now he has nobody to pass it to. 

thecorrieorphin
11 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

More Grovelling...just look back at the comments in the first leg and now some are on here pretending to praise Liverpool when a week ago they had plenty of fun at their expense so now you reap what you sow  ?

Pre match there were a couple of posts aimed in my direction and yep I'm loving what happened

Your quite a strange dude . Your on here acting like your the only Liverpool fan around . Every other kid from the 80's liked Liverpool. It's like you want to be on your own . Kind of like a victim . How very Liverpool 

Nookie Bear
16 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

There's people on here who hate Liverpool. I've never understood it. No other fans of a major club in England create that kind of unbelievable atmosphere. No other major club in England is more in touch with its roots, its people. Liverpool FC is pure emotion... and on occasion, when it all gels, it's just something else.

Barcelona rested almost their entire side at the weekend. Liverpool have been involved in the toughest English title race there's ever been - which they're almost certain to lose. Any other side would've been dead and gone. No Salah, no Firminho, no Keita... and they go and do THAT?! 

Astonishing - and their fans more than played their part. Barca's players were caught in a nightmare. Every single one of Liverpool's players is a hero. 

Have you ever been to a game against Liverpool and seen how their fans are in the flesh? Squirrelly little tramps who are very reminiscent of celtic. 

Dont answer that, I know the answer. 

Its very far removed from the pseudo-journo romanticism people like you attach to Liverpool. 

But Klopp is hugely likeable. The way they play is immense and their players fight like warriors for him. I just hope our new manager next season is taking notes. 

1 minute ago, chester copperpot said:

Shame as would love to hear his post match synopsis over a brilliant Liverpool victory.

Classy.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Honestly thought it would be 3/4-1 Liverpool. 

Thought they'd win well, but I did think bar a would score. 

Barca rely on Messi too much now, even for thier corner goal he was the only one  alert. 

If he got a longish term injury, the league would open up. 

Barca are also. lucky, league wise Real are in a state as well. 

Klopp's football is fantastic, same at Dortmund, high pressing, direct, attacking, fast. 

Like the lad as well. 

Don't really like Liverpool or any of those English high profile clubs. But I adore Klopp. Heart on my sleeve chap I would burst my ballox for. 

Stephane Grappelli
3 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

The treble...

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Unbelievable. Never seen anything like it. Apart from Barcelona 6 PSG 1.

They say only cockroaches would survive a nuclear holocaust. Liverpool in Europe are not a bad comparison. 

Remember the time we had them on the rocks  :whistling:

Wonder who CJGJ supported that night ?

Probably had his half and half scarf on.

Hairdryer
5 minutes ago, Boab said:

Well played, Liverpool.

If only we could go back to two-leg ties like we used to have, these tournaments would be even better.

I very rarely watch the champions league until it starts the knockout stage 

1874robbo
1 minute ago, thecorrieorphin said:

Your quite a strange dude . Your on here acting like your the only Liverpool fan around . Every other kid from the 80's liked Liverpool. It's like you want to be on your own . Kind of like a victim . How very Liverpool 

That’s what happens when mummy and daddy let him stay up late to watch the football on a school night.

Big Slim Stylee
7 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Honestly thought it would be 3/4-1 Liverpool. 

Thought they'd win well, but I did think bar a would score. 

Barca rely on Messi too much now, even for thier corner goal he was the only one  alert. 

If he got a longish term injury, the league would open up. 

Barca are also. lucky, league wise Real are in a state as well. 

Klopp's football is fantastic, same at Dortmund, high pressing, direct, attacking, fast. 

Like the lad as well. 

It’s very hard to dislike the man. And his players would run through a brick wall for him.

shaun.lawson
12 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Not me, mate.

I just detest Barcelona.

Therefore delighted with tonight’s result.

Of the major clubs in Europe, there's only two I detest: Real Madrid and Juventus. But I've no time whatsoever for Bayern or PSG, and I can't stand Barca with their constant preening bollocks. 

If they were true to their "more than a club" shite, OK. But they're not. They sold out many years ago, and have dived, thrown themselves around, and got other players sent off by cheating for well over a decade now.

As for their fans in tears at the end... get a life boys. They've run away with another title in Europe's most financially rigged league, and they've won Big Ears 4 times since 2006. Just like Madrid fans, they're pathetically spoiled, entitled brats.

1 minute ago, Hairdryer said:

I very rarely watch the champions league until it starts the knockout stage 

Yip. Miss the Group stages myself.

12 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

After Man City 4-3 (4-4) Tottenham and Liverpool 4-3 Barcelona, anyone making predictions in this season's CL is a complete and utter idiot.

7 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

:clyay:

Haringshairband

Great game of football and well done to Liverpool. Still don't understand all the Scottish folk celebrating it like Liverpool are their first team.

Nookie Bear
11 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

After Man City 4-3 (4-4) Tottenham and Liverpool 4-3 Barcelona, anyone making predictions in this season's CL is a complete and utter idiot.

10 minutes ago, Tazio said:

So, what's your prediction?

8 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

:facepalm:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, luckydug said:

Wonder who CJGJ supported that night ?

Probably had his half and half scarf on.

My brother,  an Aberdeen diehard who even ended up with a slot in the local paper,  jumped and cheered when Liverpool scored at Pittodrie in 1980.

Shitebag behaviour 

4 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

Hope Queen Anne watched that and enjoyed the football and atmosphere. ?

The comment of an arsehole - go **** off to Anfield then numbnuts 

Sooperstar
6 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Strange. I've posted on this thread at least 5 times since the match finished!

Just now, Jammy T said:

The comment of an arsehole - go **** off to Anfield then numbnuts 

So sorry Anne, didn't mean to offend! ?

shaun.lawson
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Have you ever been to a game against Liverpool and seen how their fans are in the flesh? Squirrelly little tramps who are very reminiscent of celtic. 

Its very far removed from the pseudo-journo romanticism people like you attach to Liverpool. 

But Klopp is hugely likeable. The way they play is immense and their players fight like warriors for him. I just hope our new manager next season is taking notes. 

1. Yes I have.

2. I completely disagree.

What's the problem here? That many of their fans are working class?

Oh - and as a Stoke fan, you're in no position whatsoever to attack any other fanbase. Liverpool fans applaud giantkillers when they're outplayed at Anfield. Stoke fans boo and abuse Aaron Ramsey for the crime of Ryan Shawcross almost ending his career.

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Some decent boys when we were in town after the Europa game.

I don’t do generalisations !

Barca v PSG

Liverpool v Milan

Liverpool v Barca

Roma v Liverpool

thats the order of how brilliant/amazing the turnarounds have been , would put Man Utd v Juve in there although slightly different in terms of deficit

Hairdryer
2 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

Great game of football and well done to Liverpool. Still don't understand all the Scottish folk celebrating it like Liverpool are their first team.

I don't know about that it's just acknowledging a fantastic comeback and good football 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I fancy Spurs actually. 2 all "English " finals.

Managed by a German an Argentinian,  a Spaniard and Italian. 

All arseholes at a World Cup of course that should feel lucky to be on the same field as the fine English chaps

shaun.lawson
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

:facepalm:

The second sentence was a reminder of the above point, tbf. :D 

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Some decent boys when we were in town after the Europa game.

I don’t do generalisations !

I'll second that. 

2 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

So sorry Anne, didn't mean to offend! ?

There is no comparison at all between Hearts and Liverpool and Tynecastle and Anfield.

To try and make one to make a limp dick point is pathetic.

Go support the big boys if you want a great Champs league semi final night.

Edited by Jammy T

Sooperstar
57 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

This is a bit mental.

43 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Well done to Liverpool. Thought they had no chance. Wasn't even going to watch.

33 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

We're all here congratulating Liverpool!

31 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Oh piss off, Shaun.

20 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

You take things far too personally. You act as if you ARE Liverpool. Probably why everyone loves sticking it to you when Liverpool inevitably fail.

11 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Wasnt Allison also involved when Roma done this to Barca last year?

@chester copperpot ?‍♂️