Champions League 2018/19

Morgan

4 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

"Liverpool would of blown them away" where does this arrogance come from ?

I see you are not allowed an opinion

Liverpool would have blown Ajax away (in my opinion) and Spurs scored 3 in the second half so in 90 mins god knows how many Liverpool would have scored

You might not agree but thats my view and from what we have seen I think it's a pretty accurate one

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Morgan

• CJGJ

• The Internet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mikey1874
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Spurs missed a sitter. Moura I think at Anfield to win not so long ago.  Stung at the other end. 

0 0 boring shite nap  :whistling:

Penalties again?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Gashauskis9 said:

1956 - Hearts beat Celtic in the SCF and Man City win the FA cup.

Omens man!!!!

2006 Hearts won the cup Liverpool played a London side in a final 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Penalties again?

If I stay up!

Liverpool keeper should be ok this year

Jambomuzz
5 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Amazing .... two clubs that have NEVER been English Premier League Champions are in the European Champions League Final!!

And one of them will be Champions of Europe without EVER being crowned English Premier League Champions!!

Forgive my ignorance but both have won league titles? Or are we talking specifically about the rebranded "Premier league" 

Unbelievable again, of course. Comebacks very akin to many I’ve seen in the NFL that make me think what I’m watching must be rigged.

Incredible. 

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Whats your problem ?

I bet 2-2 draw and cashed out at 2-2 if I had waited I would have lost because it would have been 2-3.

Of course I didn't KNOW there would be another goal but the probability was high because both teams had chances to win.

You are hard work sometimes. So opinionated and about things you clearly know nothing about.

Try looking at a previous post and it might calm you down..you will note I apologised and stated I misread your post thinking it was for goals scored

I'll ignore the last line of your post underdstanding your annoyance

Just now, Jambomuzz said:

Forgive my ignorance but both have won league titles? Or are we talking specifically about the rebranded "Premier league" 

Yes. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Liverpool would have blown Ajax away (in my opinion) and Spurs scored 3 in the second half so in 90 mins god knows how many Liverpool would have scored

You might not agree but thats my view and from what we have seen I think it's a pretty accurate one

I'm sure Juventus and Reall Madrid probably thought similarly. 

Pride before a fall. It's only a week since Liverpool got skelped themselves. 

Just as well it's not Wolves in final then

Jambo-Fox
1 minute ago, Jambomuzz said:

There are only 6 clubs that have ever won the EPL! Spurs and Liverpool have never won the premier league!!

yes reference is to premier league only!

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Omens man!!!!

We’ve not lost a Scottish Cup Final since 1996!

Auchinleck at Tynecastle and Celtic (Lennon) at Hampden as in 2012!

shaun.lawson
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

You seem to be suggesting an element of luck but everything in your list smacks of a club that is pulling in one direction with everyone right behind a manager who is firmly committed to the club. 

It's both. I think, as he suggested yesterday, Poch probably would walk away... because it'd be impossible to match that in the future. Tottenham winning the Champions League? How could it get better for them?!

But as well as the most epic triumph of the human spirit, Spurs have had enormous amounts of luck to make the final. They weren't in control of Ajax hitting the post twice; or of Aguero being a fraction offside; or of the ref not giving City a penalty; or of Inter choking at home to PSV. 

So many late goals will just make them believe even more. And if I were a Spurs fan, I'd celebrate so much luck as well as the raw heroism of their players. If footballers and their supporters think God is on their side, that can turn into an unstoppable force.

shaun.lawson
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

2006 Hearts won the cup Liverpool played a London side in a final 

No, Barca did.

Just now, Sir Gio said:

For goodness sake Manchester United beat Juventus and Spurs beat Real Madrid so hardly a surprise based on that form

But it's an opinion and you are entitled to it

If it was a trainer looking at the form of a horse he'd come to the same conclusion.....his horse would blow them way if you look at the form as a whole

shaun.lawson
11 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I think tonight’s result eclipses last nights. 2-0 down on the night, 3-0 down overall yet coming back to qualify. 

I agree. 

19 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Obviously players do the biz in the end, but again, the Pochettino effect kicks in.

The man has that touch. Quite often he digs something out Spurs when they need it.

A very very good manager. Spurs have done extremely well given they didn’t splash the cash on the squad. 

I feel he's very humble and gracious in both defeat and victory (queue someone linking to him being a brat) and that appears to rub off on the players. It was nice to see then going around and commiserating the Ajax players. Classy

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Try looking at a previous post and it might calm you down..you will note I apologised and stated I misread your post thinking it was for goals scored

I'll ignore the last line of your post underdstanding your annoyance

As I'm in a good mood for winning a few quid I'll accept your apology.

Hope both your teams win the cup.

Theme From Sparta F.C.
12 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Omens man!!!!

Oh i like the sound of that.... ??

On 07/05/2019 at 21:14, Olly Lee's left boot said:

2-0 Liverpool. 

Aye, ok, I admit it. The CL semi's were just as interesting as Ayr/ICT. 

Mikey1874
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Yeah

People underestimating Ajax.

And the small margins at this level. 

Alex Kintner
25 minutes ago, Barack said:

Escobar...really. Shhh.

He’s clearly trying to reach the magical 1314 posts landmark ??

Sexton Hardcastle

BT trotting out the ‘golden generation’

’ English teams dominating Europe for a decade’

Every ****ing time man.

shaun.lawson
14 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I know this better than anyone else given my constant embarrassing myself on here... but these comments aren't just foolish. They're the exact opposite of how Klopp treats football and how his players treat football.

You know what's so special about Liverpool's manager? He's humble. Really humble, and so are his players. So why can't you follow their lead instead of shouting your mouth off all the time?

Liverpool are a better side than Spurs, no question. But being a better side has nothing to do with it. Not when it comes down to one match, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for many of the Spurs players too. We have no idea how Liverpool would've got on against Ajax; we have no idea how they'll get on against Spurs either. 

It's sport. God knows what's going to happen. 

4 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

It's both. I think, as he suggested yesterday, Poch probably would walk away... because it'd be impossible to match that in the future. Tottenham winning the Champions League? How could it get better for them?!

But as well as the most epic triumph of the human spirit, Spurs have had enormous amounts of luck to make the final. They weren't in control of Ajax hitting the post twice; or of Aguero being a fraction offside; or of the ref not giving City a penalty; or of Inter choking at home to PSV. 

So many late goals will just make them believe even more. And if I were a Spurs fan, I'd celebrate so much luck as well as the raw heroism of their players. If footballers and their supporters think God is on their side, that can turn into an unstoppable force.

A bit unfair on Spurs I think.

That second half performance was magnificent.

After being second best in the first half they wrestled the initiative from an excellent side who were playing at the top of their game in front of a full house of passionate supporters.

Their never say die spirit might yet see them win the trophy imo

My dog chased me out the room when spurs scored as I screamed so loud he thought I was a burglar at least he is a good watch dog.

shaun.lawson
6 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Yes, Liverpool did.

Oh God, what is wrong with me?! I read it as the CL final! Apologies. 

(Note to self: piss off, Shaun).

shaun.lawson
10 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

EDIT: Shaun, you are an idiot. 

If the Ajax keeper hadn’t been p***ing about time-wasting (and getting carded for it) the ref might have blown before the winner.

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

I know this better than anyone else given my constant embarrassing myself on here... but these comments aren't just foolish. They're the exact opposite of how Klopp treats football and how his players treat football.

You know what's so special about Liverpool's manager? He's humble. Really humble, and so are his players. So why can't you follow their lead instead of shouting your mouth off all the time?

Liverpool are a better side than Spurs, no question. But being a better side has nothing to do with it. Not when it comes down to one match, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for many of the Spurs players too. We have no idea how Liverpool would've got on against Ajax; we have no idea how they'll get on against Spurs either. 

And not even a hint of irony?

2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

It a not a common occurrence that I agree with you but I will this time. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

For goodness sake Manchester United beat Juventus and Spurs beat Real Madrid so hardly a surprise based on that form

But it's an opinion and you are entitled to it

If it was a trainer looking at the form of a horse he'd come to the same conclusion.....his horse would blow them way if you look at the form as a whole

Red Star Belgrade Napoli conveniently forgotten 

4 minutes ago, Crete said:

My dog chased me out the room when spurs scored as I screamed so loud he thought I was a burglar at least he is a good watch dog.

You must get strange burglars round your way.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

No, Barca did.

FA Cup?

Hairdryer
33 minutes ago, Tazio said:

This one was more dramatic if anything.  I should probably apologise to me neighbours for the noise. I’m not sure they were ready for someone shouting **** you ajax at the top of their voice. 

Exactly as spurs only had 45 minutes to score three goals

Stephane Grappelli
5 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

EDIT: Shaun, you are an idiot. 

And so say all of us!

6 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Self-awareness...absolutely none.

8C31822C-F8B0-47D1-A460-8B6CCEDD47AE.jpeg

1971fozzy
53 minutes ago, Boab said:

I have never changed my view that selling out the Champs League by playing group stages to get maximum corporate exposure, plus ridiculous qualification, is wrong.

This week reminds me when a knockout European tournament was the best. It used to be, and when it becomes knockout, it recovers that magic !

Well said

Hairdryer
9 minutes ago, Crete said:

What type of dog chases it’s owner out the room what breed is the dog 

rudi must stay
32 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

In this season's Champions League, Tottenham have:

- Recovered from taking 1 point from their first 3 group games (including conceding 2 goals in the last 4 minutes in Milan, and blowing a 2 goal lead in Eindhoven)

- Needed an 89th minute winner to beat PSV and stay alive

- Needed an 80th minute winner to beat Inter and stay alive

- Needed an 85th minute equaliser to hold Barcelona and stay alive

- Survived an absolute battering from Man City in one of the greatest games ever seen

- Survived an apparent injury time 'winner' for Man City

- Survived Ajax hitting the post twice over the two games

- Come back from 3 goals behind in one half of football

- Needed Lloris to produce a wonder save to keep them alive in injury time

- Scored the winning goal in the dying moments of injury time

The problem for Liverpool is their obviously superior quality may well not be enough. They've had one miracle in this year's tournament. Tottenham have had... I've lost count! This is more unbelievable than Chelsea 2012... and Chelsea were like bloody Lazarus that year. 

Two terrific managers and they have a team following them, without any stupid egos. That's whats so great about both, it could be an iconic final

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

BT trotting out the ‘golden generation’

’ English teams dominating Europe for a decade’

Every ****ing time man.

English teams might. 

Not many English players over the teams tho. 

How many English players over the 4 team left. 

The money in the Epl  means they'll attract the best players. 

3 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Whose God ?

Could you ask him so I can find out if I should lay my bet off ?

The day I listen to you about being humble is the day I leave this earth and I'm not sure I'll hear you anyway

If you don't agree with an opinion fine but please tell me what is wrong with having a view and don't accuse me of shouting my mouth off when an opinion or view is given .

Stephane Grappelli
22 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

:what:

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Crete said:

What the **** type of burglar comes into a house running and screaming?

???

Would love to go to this game as I’m partial to the Spurs as have family in north London who are all big Spurs fans think it the best footballing weeks of my life to got our final on the 25th then the European cup final on the 1st so I have only 1 ticket to get lol .

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, martoon said:

Aye, ok, I admit it. The CL semi's were just as interesting as Ayr/ICT. 

???