Champions League 2018/19

Morgan

The Internet
30 minutes ago, Barack said:

Any Arsenal or PSV/Feyenoord fans on here?

Just so we know whom to wind up, if your "2nd team's" rivals are winning tonight...

I'm pretty sure we're all behind Ajax tonight. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Morgan

• CJGJ

• The Internet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Governor Tarkin
8 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

You also say our fans have "gone soft"

WTF does that mean ??

It means not enough pavement dancing and smashing up pubs. 

We need more pavement dancing and smashing up pubs imo. 

Geoff the Mince
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It means not enough pavement dancing and smashing up pubs. 

We need more pavement dancing and smashing up pubs imo. 

:greatpost:

Nookie Bear
38 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Nothing against Liverpool and I'm absolutely delighted that they thrashed that shower of cheating *******s last night.

I think you have a rather romanticised version of the club and it's fans though. For me, the English Celtic description is very apt and not because of some pseudo religious bollocks or the fact they share a fondness for a certain Rodgers and Hammerstein anthem.

Both clubs come from a city where everyone thinks he's a comedian.  Both sets of supports are offended by everything and embarrassed by nothing.  Both describe themselves as clubs of the people, that most tired of old cliches. 

Both describe themselves as the greatest fans in the world and have projected this image worldwide.  Rival fans, like us every time Celtic come to Tynie, know different.  You only have to watch those Liverpool fans pushing that poor old man into the fountain in Barcelona, then laughing about it, to see what utter scum they are.

As for your point about entitled brats.  Was speaking to a mate from Newcastle last week who has a season ticket for Newcastle United.  He can't stand Liverpool precisely because their fans are so spoilt and self entitled.

In saying all that, so delighted they absolutely ****ing SMASHED Barcelona.  

Well done Liverpool, well done.

Top post ??????

37 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Liverpool fans only getting just over 16k tickets. Absolute disgrace! Less than 25% of the stadium capacity meaning the ‘UEFA family’ will have half the stadium. Everything that is wrong with modern football.

It's a complete sham. A split of 40/40/20 would be better. The clubs should make more of a stand over it as their supporters are being let down

13 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I'm pretty sure we're all behind Ajax tonight. 

A given, no ?

The way those boys play football ?

Hope they win the cup !

48 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Nothing against Liverpool and I'm absolutely delighted that they thrashed that shower of cheating *******s last night.

I think you have a rather romanticised version of the club and it's fans though. For me, the English Celtic description is very apt and not because of some pseudo religious bollocks or the fact they share a fondness for a certain Rodgers and Hammerstein anthem.

Both clubs come from a city where everyone thinks he's a comedian.  Both sets of supports are offended by everything and embarrassed by nothing.  Both describe themselves as clubs of the people, that most tired of old cliches. 

Both describe themselves as the greatest fans in the world and have projected this image worldwide.  Rival fans, like us every time Celtic come to Tynie, know different.  You only have to watch those Liverpool fans pushing that poor old man into the fountain in Barcelona, then laughing about it, to see what utter scum they are.

As for your point about entitled brats.  Was speaking to a mate from Newcastle last week who has a season ticket for Newcastle United.  He can't stand Liverpool precisely because their fans are so spoilt and self entitled.

In saying all that, so delighted they absolutely ****ing SMASHED Barcelona.  

Well done Liverpool, well done.

Bet you did not speak to a mate..more made up nonsense just to try and push your point

There are no perfect fan bases anywhere in the world but all you are doing is perpatuating a myth a bit like your mate in Newcastle

Labelling all fans as scum is simply pathetic but when you are making points at the gutter level it's no surprise

Inch Hearts
50 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Liverpool fans only getting just over 16k tickets. Absolute disgrace! Less than 25% of the stadium capacity meaning the ‘UEFA family’ will have half the stadium. Everything that is wrong with modern football.

Thats absolutely brutal. 

Mikey1874

Whatever Liverpool have done and I think they did overachieve with last night's team, Tottenham and Ajax have definitely over achieved. 

Ajax suffer a pre match blow when one of their best players is a late call off..Neres

Very hard to pick a winner and esp as Ajax have a lead and an away goal

I still think Spurs are a better side when their first 11 is playing but there are a couple out and that may just count against them.......Ajax have been fantastic in Europe and they will have nothing to fear at home with Spurs on a poor run of form

Almost the opener for Ajax..good save

EDIT GOAL AJAX FROM THE CORNER

Edited by CJGJ

AlimOzturk

Ajax play some execellent stuff but defensively are suspect. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Nothing against spurs but I hope they go out and one or both of Chelsea / Arsenal tomorrow can’t be arsed with all this 4 English teams in the final chat!!

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Nothing against spurs but I hope they go out and one or both of Chelsea / Arsenal tomorrow can’t be arsed with all this 4 English teams in the final chat!!

100% agreement. Valencia 2-0 or 3-1 a possibility. Can’t see Chelsea not doing it.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I was hoping it would be all 4, but it’s looking a wee bit unlikely now.

Ajax looking good again and Tottenham missing Kane a lot.

Just now, Morgan said:

De Ligt is pretty good like!

i'd like to see him join Liverpool and team up with Van Dyke..that would be a central defence and a half

Of course if he wants to leave lets hope Hearts are his first choice and the fee is within reason and his wage demands are low and he loves the idea of living in Edinburgh etc etc

Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I was hoping it would be all 4, but it’s looking a wee bit unlikely now.

Ajax looking good again and Tottenham missing Kane a lot.

Why?

Words Spurs fans are dreading to hear....'and the ball goes out to Trippier'....and the ball goes out ?

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

11 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Trippier is ****ing shite. Michael Smith is better

Oh Mikey, Mikey 

Trippier is shite... But Smith is awright. 

Oh Mikey, Mikey... 

Stephane Grappelli
50 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Top post ??????

Thank you sir.

36 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Bet you did not speak to a mate..more made up nonsense just to try and push your point

There are no perfect fan bases anywhere in the world but all you are doing is perpatuating a myth a bit like your mate in Newcastle

Labelling all fans as scum is simply pathetic but when you are making points at the gutter level it's no surprise

I most certainly did you cheeky scamp.  He, like me, hates Barcelona so I was surprised that he wanted Barcelona to beat Liverpool.  Those were his reasons.

Maybe scum was a bit strong but their behaviour over the years has left a lot to be desired.

There are indeed no perfect fanbases.  That's why it's all the more nauseating when the likes of Celtic and Liverpool go on about how faithful they are and passionate and all the rest of it.  Complete codswallop.

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Can’t believe folk were tipping Spurs!

Nor i, stinking side that have no business being in a champions league semi final.

It would be great if Ajax got to the final in Madrid,  50 years after their first final in.............Madrid.

Should it end up being Ajax v Liverpool it will be 2 sides that play the right way (in my opinion)

And after the group stages the best 2 sides in the competition would appear to be left to fight it out

A final featuring 2 of the old powerhouses in European football in the 70's and 80's

9 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Can’t believe folk were tipping Spurs!

the same spurs who have lost something like 20 games in all competitions this season

Geoff the Mince

Great movement from the Ajax players , lots of interchanging and  oozing confidence .

One step ahead of Spurs all over the pitch .

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Should it end up being Ajax v Liverpool it will be 2 sides that play the right way (in my opinion)

And after the group stages the best 2 sides in the competition would appear to be left to fight it out

A final featuring 2 of the old powerhouses in European football in the 70's and 80's

IF? 

Stephane Grappelli

According to the Guardian, Messi broke down in tears in the changing room then got picked for a random drugs test so the Barça bus ****ed off to the airport without him.

What a bloody shame.

Edited by Stephane Grappelli

Not good. Spurs have played some alright stuff but miss Kane hugely. People go on about this Ajax team attacking but their defensive play is superb, they never look flustered. If De Ligt continues to develop his play we, in my opinion, are looking at the successor to Beckenbaeur. He really looks that good.