Champions League 2018/19

Morgan

10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Red Star Belgrade Napoli conveniently forgotten 

It's a long view you should take not the first mile of a 3 mile chase  ?.....many horses use the first race as a prep for the season

The group stages are just about getting through, after that it is game on

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Morgan

• CJGJ

• The Internet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JamboSpur

Unreal game for football.

Spurs deserve to win the CL.

COYS

Edited by JamboSpur

Stephane Grappelli
19 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

I know this better than anyone else given my constant embarrassing myself on here... but these comments aren't just foolish. They're the exact opposite of how Klopp treats football and how his players treat football.

You know what's so special about Liverpool's manager? He's humble. Really humble, and so are his players. So why can't you follow their lead instead of shouting your mouth off all the time?

Liverpool are a better side than Spurs, no question. But being a better side has nothing to do with it. Not when it comes down to one match, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for many of the Spurs players too. We have no idea how Liverpool would've got on against Ajax; we have no idea how they'll get on against Spurs either. 

It's sport. God knows what's going to happen. 

5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Whose God ?

Could you ask him so I can find out if I should lay my bet off ?

The day I listen to you about being humble is the day I leave this earth and I'm not sure I'll hear you anyway

If you don't agree with an opinion fine but please tell me what is wrong with having a view and don't accuse me of shouting my mouth off when an opinion or view is given .

Are two of the JKB resident scousers at war with each other?

Minds me of that Doctor Who storyline back in the 80s, "Remembrance of the Daleks" I'm sure it was called.  There was two different races of Daleks but they'd come to a small, quiet town in England to knock **** out each other.  

One of the races was able to levitate up stairs so they had the advantage.

The Doctor and Ace were just stuck in the middle like,  what the ****'s going on man? 

11 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Minds me of that Doctor Who storyline back in the 80s, "Remembrance of the Daleks" I'm sure it was called.  There was two different races of Daleks but they'd come to a small, quiet town in England to knock **** out each other.  

The Doctor and Ace were just stuck in the middle like,  what the ****'s going on man? 

I'll have one of those tablets please

Shaun a scouser ?..thought he was a rabid Norwich man......I might just leave this world if I found out he was a secret scouser just to save me from the shame that would surely follow

Edited by CJGJ

shaun.lawson
2 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

1. I'm nobody's 'resident Scouser', thankyou. Do have a soft spot for Liverpool, as I do for Tottenham. Of England's big clubs, they're the only two I've always liked, so I'll be happy whatever happens.

2. I'd rather be accused of being a resident Scouser than of being an actual resident Madridista, thankyou very much. Most ungrateful, self-obsessed, entitled fanbase on planet Earth. Supporting Real Madrid is like supporting the house in blackjack.

shaun.lawson
16 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Whose God ?

Could you ask him so I can find out if I should lay my bet off ?

The day I listen to you about being humble is the day I leave this earth and I'm not sure I'll hear you anyway

If you don't agree with an opinion fine but please tell me what is wrong with having a view and don't accuse me of shouting my mouth off when an opinion or view is given .

There's nothing wrong with 'having a view'. You're just blinkered. Completely blinkered. Many football fans are. 

Big Slim Stylee
49 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I see you are not allowed an opinion

Liverpool would have blown Ajax away (in my opinion) and Spurs scored 3 in the second half so in 90 mins god knows how many Liverpool would have scored

You might not agree but thats my view and from what we have seen I think it's a pretty accurate one

I agree. The sheer intensity of Klopp’s teams is unbelievable. I think they’ll roll over Spurs as well.

shaun.lawson
18 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

English teams might. 

Not many English players over the teams tho. 

How many English players over the 4 team left. 

The money in the Epl  means they'll attract the best players. 

There's enough English players in both sides (and Kane to come back to) to have, in theory at least, rendered England's Nations League hopes null and void come the semi-final against the Dutch. It's only five days after the CL final. 

37 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

English teams might. 

So? It isn't tribal. If anything, it is a sign of how good our markets are.

Stephane Grappelli
21 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

1. I'm nobody's 'resident Scouser', thankyou. Do have a soft spot for Liverpool, as I do for Tottenham. Of England's big clubs, they're the only two I've always liked, so I'll be happy whatever happens.

2. I'd rather be accused of being a resident Scouser than of being an actual resident Madridista, thankyou very much. Most ungrateful, self-obsessed, entitled fanbase on planet Earth. Supporting Real Madrid is like supporting the house in blackjack.

I like Spurs too so at least we agree on something.

God bless you mate, take it easy yeah?

I see Liverpool are only being given 16k for the final? 4-5k to neutral supporters? f off. Split the tickets 50/50 between supporters with some for boxes etc.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Escobar...really. Shhh.

Is BTB Escobar? 

I prefered him when he was Escobar. :(

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

I’m so caught up with Footie Fever that I’m coming home early to get to Pittodrie. 

PHM. ?

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Seagulls...

We need more seagulls imo. 

53 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

:greatpost:

:spoton:

20 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

I see Liverpool are only being given 16k for the final? 4-5k to neutral supporters? f off. Split the tickets 50/50 between supporters with some for boxes etc.

I’d imagine Spurs are getting the same. Or should Liverpool get more because they’re Liverpool?

30 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Every major final is the same.

There are only so many tickets that are affordable to most fans.

J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, JamboSpur said:

Unreal game for football.

Spurs deserve to win the CL.

COYS

Ditto!

Always been my English team (Dave MacKay) and when Moura scored that third, I was off my seat punching the air almost as if it were Hearts.

When you get right down to it, (Ronnie Dyson :P) I believe Ajax's youth and inexperience counted against them here, this game was in the bag. A potentially great side which will no doubt be divided up among the usual predictables.

chester copperpot

I know theres contracts with the stadium at the start of the competition and stuff but I've never understood why UEFA doesn't change the venue when its 2 teams from the same country that get through to the final.

Why have it thousands of miles away meaning massive expense and hassles to the fans when they could hold the final at a stadium with 23k bigger a capacity in both teams home country.

That seems absolutely ludicrous to me. I guess UEFA doesn't give a shiny shite about the average fan though.

Geoff the Mince
6 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

:greatpost:

Alex Kintner
7 hours ago, Deviskan said:

Self-awareness...absolutely none.

8C31822C-F8B0-47D1-A460-8B6CCEDD47AE.jpeg

:rofl:

Edited by To Be Frank

1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

I know theres contracts with the stadium at the start of the competition and stuff but I've never understood why UEFA doesn't change the venue when its 2 teams from the same country that get through to the final.

Why have it thousands of miles away meaning massive expense and hassles to the fans when they could hold the final at a stadium with 23k bigger a capacity in both teams home country.

That seems absolutely ludicrous to me. I guess UEFA doesn't give a shiny shite about the average fan though.

I guess you guess right.

Jambo, Goodbye
17 minutes ago, Boris said:

Does this mean Arsenal are now in the CL next season?

If they win at the weekend, then I think so. 

Nookie Bear
7 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

English teams might. 

We only had 4 Scots starting our last game. 

8 hours ago, Taffin said:

I feel he's very humble and gracious in both defeat and victory (queue someone linking to him being a brat) and that appears to rub off on the players. It was nice to see then going around and commiserating the Ajax players. Classy

Aye.  There’s a good balance to him.

He’s loaded with fire and hurt but knows when it’s appropriate and when it’s not. 

You don’t do what he’s doing with Spurs without it.  

Bit old school about him in respect of how he conducts himself and how his players do also. 

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Less than half the allocation of tickets goes to the two clubs and you’ve already answered your own question by mentioning the contractual situation.  Also in the present scenario imagine the uproar from Liverpool fans if Spurs were suddenly given a ‘home’ Champions League Final at Wembley. Think UEFA have got it spot on. The competition over the last couple of years has been extraordinary, culminating in this week; perhaps the two greatest games of football ever played.

I can see Spurs winning this. Liverpool’s away form in Europe isn’t great, conversely Spurs are better away from home. Spurs also seem to have some incredible mental strength in these big games. Liverpool will be favourites but certainly wouldn’t be writing of Spurs.

1 hour ago, Boris said:

No, some strange chicanery here.

If the team that wins it are already in the top four and already qualified, the place is given to the 11th ranked country....Austria.

Their League winners will get the place if Liverpool win for example.

Or if Spurs stay 4th of course.

Edited by Boab

Bridge of Djoum
7 minutes ago, Boab said:

If the team that wins it are already in the top four and already qualified, the place is given to the 11th ranked country....Austria.

Image result for statto

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 hours ago, CJGJ said:

It's a long view you should take not the first mile of a 3 mile chase  ?.....many horses use the first race as a prep for the season

The group stages are just about getting through, after that it is game on

Unfortunately for Liverpool there's no winning form at the end of the race.

A bit Devon Loch

16 minutes ago, Boab said:

Am I right in saying the UEFA cup winners get a CL place? So if Chelsea win do Arsenal get a place  in the CL?

Edited by Rudy T

gashauskis9
1 hour ago, Boris said:

Only if they win the Europa.  I reckon Spurs or Liverpool’s league based spot would go elsewhere (could be wrong of course).

The competition should renamed the Euro league cup as their is so many teams in it that never won the leagues in their country.

The Treasurer

We've now got to suffer the next few weeks of the English media creaming themselves about 2 teams from the "greatest league in the world" being in the final.

Will only be worse if Chelsea and Arsenal win tonight.

21 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Am I right in saying the UEFA cup winners get a CL place? So if Chelsea win do Arsenal get a place  in the CL?

You’d better sit down, bud !

If Chelsea and Arsenal reach the EL Final, then Arsenal would need to win it to go into the CL Groups. If Chelsea win, being already in the Group stage, that berth would go to the 3rd placed team in the 5th ranked country....France !

They made a Frankenstein in giving the top 4 leagues, 4 places each.

It’s a scandal frankly !

28 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

We've now got to suffer the next few weeks of the English media creaming themselves about 2 teams from the "greatest league in the world" being in the final.

Will only be worse if Chelsea and Arsenal win tonight.

Could be worse...if two Scottish teams were there, it'd be creamed over for the next 50 years plus.

58 minutes ago, Boab said:

18 minutes ago, Boab said:

If Chelsea and Arsenal reach the EL Final, then Arsenal would need to win it to go into the CL Groups. If Chelsea win, being already in the Group stage, that berth would go to the 3rd placed team in the 5th ranked country....France !

It’s a scandal frankly !

Boab, thanks for explaining that!

I had assumed one of the top four English places would have filtered down to fifth in the league, due to Liverpool or Tottenham winning the CL and qualifying as champions.

3 minutes ago, Boris said:

Boab, thanks for explaining that!

I had assumed one of the top four English places would have filtered down to fifth in the league, due to Liverpool or Tottenham winning the CL and qualifying as champions.

It might expose UEFA’s corruption even more, mate.

Can you imagine 6 teams from one country going into a group stage draw and trying to keep them apart !

Amazing games this week but the system still stinks and is loaded against smaller countries.

Unknown user
39 minutes ago, Crete said:

The competition should renamed the Euro league cup as their is so many teams in it that never won the leagues in their country.

This is a bugbear of mine too, of the semi finalists this season only Barcelona were reigning national champions.

Just now, Boab said:

It might expose UEFA’s corruption even more, mate.

Can you imagine 6 teams from one country going into a group stage draw and trying to keep them apart !

Amazing games this week but the system still stinks and is loaded against smaller countries.

I know they limited it to five, but your point remains.

The CL group stages are a pain.  Glad they dropped the second set of groups - that was criminal!

Would love it if they took it back to all the names in the hat, straight knockout.  But that isn't going to happen.

Mikey1874
4 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Yes

See what happens in Europa League too where final is in Baku

Don't think Spurs would want to play at Wembley though and Liverpool would likely object. 

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

No, only winners again.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

We only had 4 Scots starting our last game. 

Unsure of the relevance. 

No one is bigging up the Scottish teams or Hearts. 

50 minutes ago, Boab said:

It’s a scandal frankly !

Unreal how they just make this shit up as they go along. You can bet they were all sitting hoping for a Barca and Ajax win this week to save this sham being exposed!

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Unreal how they just make this shit up as they go along. You can bet they were all sitting hoping for a Barca and Ajax win this week to save this sham being exposed!

The suits will be seething.?

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, stan said:

Could be worse...if two Scottish teams were there, it'd be creamed over for the next 50 years plus.

Folk missing the point completely. 

2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Big time !

The sponsors call the shots.

A despicable situation.