• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Cruyff Turn

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Hearts007

3 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Bozanic looks the biz 

He does indeed.  We need to create more here, Raith are guff and we need goals. 

Think we should looking to change it from wing backs.  

Not enough running in behind.

Example there at Mulraney’s skewed cross. Why is Lee not pulling someone away by going behind Mulraney?

Cruyff Turn

Creating plenty out wide but Burns and Lee aren't linking enough with the forwards through the middle. Early days.

Some good crosses but not seeing enough movement running from deeper midfield to put pressure on immediately on defenders coming out or knock-downs/rebounds. 

Pedestrian stuff so far with zero penitration. Pitch isn’t helping. We need a proper right wing back as well, everything we are doing is coming down mulraney’s side. Raith have handled us easily so far. Need more. 

Just now, iantjambo said:

Really?

I think we’ve looked pretty sharp.

I think we look like a new team.... which of course we are.

Raith keeper not much to do.

Cruyff Turn

Still not trying to control the tempo, still trying to do everything at 100mph. Take a touch, be composed control it, move them about, we've got superior players, playing into their hands a bit at the moment. 

rick witter

Some neat and tidy play but I don’t see where the goals are coming from. Mulraney is fast yes but can’t cross to save his life. 

Ryan Jarman

Pitch is a massive hindrance here. The way the ball bounces is shocking. 

Not bad, definitely have the initiative but we’d better hope we don’t get -3 goal difference on Monday as we aren’t going to score enough to make it up I feel. Should win them all but probably by the odd goal

1 hour ago, allanwilson1970 said:

He played 85 for reserves other night versus Edu Sport and did not look injured, strong team and won 2-0. Harry and Dean Ritchie controlled the midfield, Chris Hamilton cruised in defence, Anthony Mcdonald played 45 and was good, replaced by Henderson, Rory Currie up front was very good also

Aye CL quoted as saying he turned his ankle a bit in training last few days...

Not creating nearly enough. Suffering exactly the same problem as last year and don’t have a midfielder who can split the defence with a pass. It seems our only attacking play is the wide ball to Mulraney.

1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

Some good crosses but not seeing enough movement running from deeper midfield to put pressure on immediately on defenders coming out or knock-downs/rebounds. 

Agree. Midfield again.

They look decent players but still we don’t see anyone timing runs to hurt. 

We keep looking for Mulraney which shows you we don’t fancy Smith will be effective going forward. 

Need a full back up the arse of Mulraney to give him more help and freedom. 

CloustonHMFC

Keeping the ball well but not doing enough with it. We look like a new team but with potential and I’m fairly confident through time things will click. That pitch is horrendous though, too much rubber on it and stopping the movement of the ball. 

2 minutes ago, peebles jambo said:

Burns has got some throw on him, bit like Robbie years ago

Robbie Burns?

chester copperpot

I hate to say this but Mulraney is pony. I hope someone rams it down my neck but I just don't see it.

I am not basing it on today's performance, I have watched him for a few years and have never 'got it' 

Just now, iantjambo said:

Take a shot ffs.

We almost seem to be wanting to walk it into the net.

This. Different level but I watched all 55 Huguain Juve goals last night and the amount he gets from just having a pop low to the corners is incredible 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Burns is the most impressive so far. He's hungry for the ball.

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Burns is the most impressive so far. He's hungry for the ball.

Yeh, really like the look of him. Good attitude and the skill set to back it up

• davemclaren locked this topic