*** Betfred Cup 2018 - Raith Rovers v Heart of Midlothian ***

tartofmidlothian

davemclaren
Just now, Neil Strevens said:

Yes, big car park outside the 'stadium'.

Ground/park...?

Thanks. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Cruyff Turn

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• iantjambo

Harry Potter
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Ground/park...?

Thanks. 

Wonder if thats a fiver like Perth, :mellow:.

Hearts minus 3 is 5/1

minus 4 is 14/1

23 shots in the Cove game 

I reckon we will score at least 4 today 

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Is there plenty parking near the stadium?

Google streetview shows two smallish car parks at either end of the stadium and then a huge potholed wasteland attached to the one closest to the coast, which is presumably also for parking.

There's also a sort of industrial area which you'd be able to park at unless it gets coned.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, JamboJen said:

Google streetview shows two smallish car parks at either end of the stadium and then a huge potholed wasteland attached to the one closest to the coast, which is presumably also for parking.

There's also a sort of industrial area which you'd be able to park at unless it gets coned.

Anyone throws ice cream at my car and they are in big trouble. Thanks. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

Took me two reads to get that :berra:

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Utterly...

I don't know why you would use extra effort to say cab by adding a syllable. It's compounded by the fact it probably won't be a black cab but a private hire seat Toledo or suchlike. If it ever becomes a phrase in common everyday use I'm emigrating.

Quite often used the phrase "fast black" back in the day, so get your passport out and your bags packed. 

John Findlay
42 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Don't you want the look improved?:laugh:

sairyinthat
13 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Quite often used the phrase "fast black" back in the day, so get your passport out and your bags packed. 

phrase is still in vogue today and why not.

1 minute ago, sairyinthat said:

phrase is still in vogue today and why not.

I still use fast black for a taxi now. I thought it was to do with the colour of the cab and it's superior journey time. 

If it's to do with skin colour and racial stereotypes , that's a bit different. 

sairyinthat
3 minutes ago, pablo said:

I still use fast black for a taxi now. I thought it was to do with the colour of the cab and it's superior journey time. 

Not so hung up with peoples warped perceptions it's nothing more than a taxi ffs.

We will be fired up for this game. Having created numerous chances at Cove, I can see us hitting the back of the net a few more times today.

Governor Tarkin
36 minutes ago, pablo said:

I'm not sure it was particularly ricist tbh.

I only heard it in reference to one particular gent' who was indeed incredibly fast. It always seemed like a backhanded compliment to me but maybe I was wrong. By today's standards I probably was. Anyway, fast black is still a phrase I hear regularly.

Thumping win for the Hearts today.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

9 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

We will be fired up for this game. Having created numerous chances at Cove, I can see us hitting the back of the net a few more times today.

The players should certainly be full of confidence. Hopefully we start well today and get some early goals to settle any nerves in the crowd in particular.

Another Robbo

Parking outside the ground was free last time we played there. That said it took ages to get out afterwards- not often you see Methil gridlocked ?

As for score - I’ll go for 3-1.

scott herbertson

Happy hunting ground for me. I had my first snog in the ground in 1971(with an East Fife fan). Only problems was I foolishly told her what school I was at and she wrote to me. The teacher thought it would be amusing to read it out to the class....

The good old pre social media days!

scott herbertson

I also remember in 1971 we went by the SMT (green) buses and the big lads made a pyramid at the wall so we could climb over then pull them up to get in free

14 hours ago, JamboJen said:

Should be interesting.

I personally don't feel Doyle should come in. Zlamal has spent the summer with the defence and spent the entire match at Cove talking the defence through it.

Naismith will come in, probably for Burns. Keena or Currie will likely come in for MacLean. Not sure I'd change anything else. We want to be on the front foot from the off against Raith, which is what we did on Wednesday, without being able to add to the one goal.

I think Naismith will come in for Maclean and smith possibly for Morrison.

hopefully get right in about them!!!

14 minutes ago, Homme said:

Folk are going to be disappointed with the amount of goals we score today

Yeh - folk that support Raith hopefully.

Just now, 1874robbo said:

I think Naismith will come in for Maclean and smith possibly for Morrison.

hopefully get right in about them!!!

:thumbsup:

Decent team. Hopefully they can start the way they started on Wednesday and add a few goals to the chances they create.

Just now, JamboJen said:

:thumbsup:

Decent team. Hopefully they can start the way they started on Wednesday and add a few goals to the chances they create.

Out the traps fast and get an early goal 

Enzo Chiefo
2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's an old one, Al, and probably no longer appropriate in these enlightened times.

When i was a nipper a taxi was often known as a Linford = Linford Christie = Fast Black = Taxi - due to the colour of the cab and it's relative efficiency in getting one to one's chosen destination in relation to other modes of public transport.

This only applied to black cabs as there were no private hires back then.

Like I said, probably no longer appropriate (if it ever was).

Or a Joe?? Joe Baxi, a boxer way before my time. I remember Fast Black and Joe being used to describe a taxi back in the late 80s and 90s.

11 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Done Hearts -3

£7 returns almost £50

Good call.  Worth a fiver. 

Jambof3tornado
33 minutes ago, Homme said:

Folk are going to be disappointed with the amount of goals we score today

No we're not.

Cant wait to sample the delights of methil.

23 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I also remember in 1971 we went by the SMT (green) buses and the big lads made a pyramid at the wall so we could climb over then pull them up to get in free

???

great story, Scott. Doubt anyone will come so close to scoring at Methil today - off the pitch that is. On the pitch, I’ll call it’s win if we manage to field eleven eligible players ?

ford donald
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

:rofl:

MacDonald Jardine
2 hours ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Utterly...

I don't know why you would use extra effort to say cab by adding a syllable. It's compounded by the fact it probably won't be a black cab but a private hire seat Toledo or suchlike. If it ever becomes a phrase in common everyday use I'm emigrating.

Regarding RR v HMFC, I am working today so unfortunately won't be fast blacking or choo choo-ing or even drunkenly stoating my way to meth hell today.

I'm really confused why a poster is travelling to kirkcaldy THEN getting an x58 though. After all, the x58 is an edinburgh-leven service :sailor:

Mon the JTs! Eight away goals or I'm psychotically melting my season card slowly and deliberately with a magnifying glass using the sun's rays.

Because it takes an age on the bus. 

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's an old one, Al, and probably no longer appropriate in these enlightened times.

When i was a nipper a taxi was often known as a Linford = Linford Christie = Fast Black = Taxi - due to the colour of the cab and it's relative efficiency in getting one to one's chosen destination in relation to other modes of public transport.

This only applied to black cabs as there were no private hires back then.

Like I said, probably no longer appropriate (if it ever was).

Was always a ''Joe'' for me.

Joe Baxi

Joe Le Taxi...

7 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Good call.  Worth a fiver. 

Same bet for a tenner. Returns just under £70 with Willie Hills. Simply because we have to score bundles. This reminds me of the old LC sections back in the 70's. Think we had to beat Dumbarton 8-0 or something in the last game and ended up winning 6-2.

It should have been ten
5 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Read on a raith forum they had 60 tickets for our end left for sale.

Cheers mate I’ll let him know ??

It should have been ten
4 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

Was always a ''Joe'' for me.

Joe Baxi

Joe Le Taxi...

Aye Joe Baxi here too ??‍♂️

9 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Aye Joe Baxi here too ??‍♂️

Joe Baxi or Fast Black when I was wee.

Nowadays we call it a ‘Joe’.

30 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Because it takes an age on the bus. 

Tell me about it. That's my bus home to Dysart after a match. Only good thing is its usually a nice coach with toilet! 

33 minutes ago, JWL said:

Same bet for a tenner. Returns just under £70 with Willie Hills. Simply because we have to score bundles. This reminds me of the old LC sections back in the 70's. Think we had to beat Dumbarton 8-0 or something in the last game and ended up winning 6-2.

33 minutes ago, JWL said:

I went for a tenner at -2 to win £32 with Coral. I think the terminology is shat the bed :lol: 

will be 0-0 and we will get a couple of injuries. 

Then booted out the cup on Monday.

I am an optimistic kind of chap :leveinproblem:

• davemclaren locked this topic